Starting today!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by wobblebottom
    on

Hello forum people!
    Firstly – please excuse my username, it makes me smile and is not an indication of low esteem.
    I am starting on my 800 a day today with the objective of loosing weight, cutting out alcohol and lowering my blood pressure.
    Having gained and lost repeatedly over the years my main concern is giving in to hunger or feeling physically weak from hunger so any tips to avoid that would be very gratefully received.
    This forum is just what I need because I tend to diet on the quiet which means no one tuts when I end up reaching for the kettle chips and Sauvignon blanc and settle in front of the telly.
    Looking forward to being in touch with people this time.
    Here goes….

• posted by Brisbane67
    on

Hello wobble bottom (great name!). My BSD book arrived in the post today. I’ve spent today reading the entire book, busily journaling my goals and now, looking at the forums. I figure, quite frankly, I couldn’t feel worse that I do now so I want to take action. I’m totally fed up with being 49 and feeling 109 ie achy joints, constant gut problems and shockingly, most recently getting breathless when putting my socks on!!! I plan to start on Thursday 9 June!
    Best of luck!

• posted by wobblebottom
    on

Hello Brisbane67,
    I too am 49 and perturbed that my body is no longer bouncing back when I over do it.
    Socks are an issue for me too – it’s the reaching rather than breathlessness.
    Here’s to healthy, happy 50th birthdays,
    wobblebottom

• posted by Brisbane67
    on

Lordy, it probably is the reaching rather than the breathlessness but it is so scary! Funny how along the way the aim of being healthy goes from looking good aka must be slim, to wanting to be healthy for longevity, children and general life. How have you been going with the programme today? I have decided on Thursday because I have some unavoidable work commitments in the next few days, but I don’t want to leave it until next Monday (as I have done in the past) as I do a bit of “last supper eating”

• posted by Izzy
    on

Good Luck you guys 🙂

I’m in week 7 of BSD and I love it. I love that I’m losing weight, I’m NOT hungry, I love the food, the new discoveries that I have made, the friends I’ve found here… there is nothing not to like! I’ve become excited about food again trying new recipes and experimenting with stuff it’s really great. I’ll stick to these principles long term now and I’ve never felt that way about anything I’ve tried in the past (I’ve pretty much tried everything out there…)

As for advice… well some people like to just have two larger meals/day. Personally I like to have 3 smaller ones and sometimes a snack. The choice is really yours and you may need to experiment a little to find your preference.

Be organised. I like to plan my weeks eating, although in week I will sometimes be flexible if something comes up or if I’ve forgotten to take something out of the freezer. I’m not religious about it sometimes I’ll plan chicken for dinner without deciding yet what meal I’m making but at least I know I have the chicken bought in. Nothing worse than suddenly realising you have nothing really that suits the BSD when it comes time to cook dinner. Although eggs are a good backup…

Buy full fat things like yoghurt (fage seems most popular and rightly so it’s lush) as these keep you feeling fuller.

Some people like to follow the recipes in the book, others like to just make up their own. I’d recommend experimenting and looking for ideas to BSD-ify anything you love. Ask here if you want ideas, surf the recipe section.

Enjoy the (hopefully lighter and healthier) weeks ahead 🙂

• posted by wobblebottom
    on

That last supper eating is so familiar Brisbane67.
    I took myself by surprise this time and bought the book; went food shopping and started the diet all on the same day, no prevarication or ‘tidying’ non-diet food into my mouth.
    At 15:20 day 2 I’m feeling fine, surprised to find I didn’t wake up feeling ravenous this morning.
    Dropped 1.5 pounds since yesterday, I know it’s just fluid but it looks good on my scales.
    Hot drinks and instant protein hits like a hard boiled egg or piece of chicken seem to banish the hunger.
    W/B

Please log in or register to post a reply.