Starting today

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bully
    on

Tried this diet 8 weeks ago…..felt brilliant and spectacularly fell off the wagon week 4…..wine weakens my willpower!!! Forced myself back onto scales today as that horrible lethargic feeling back and waistbands tighter. Pleasantly surprised that still 4 kilos down, but determined to stay the course this time, as want to be lighter by May spring bank….off for weekend break on fri, but will make the right choices. Feeling a bit low….husband skinny and almost expects me to fail as I have tried so many diets!!!and 3 young kids so some positive words to set me off would be much appreciated!!!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Bully
    so he expects you to fail !!
    That’s all the motivation you should need, you know already how well this works so with a little application you have the perfect “I told you so” line in the palm of your hand.
    If you feel yourself wobbling, shout out, someone will be here to give you support rather quickly

• posted by Bully
    on

Thank you for that…you’re right…..I will prove the doubters wrong!! And will use this forum for tips, advice and general motivation!!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Bully

Stick to it this time so you can say “see, I told you so’ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by Bully
    on

Had my 756 calories…like to be precise!!! For my first day restart and very pleased with myself!!! Really determined to shift it is time as just seen a friend who stuck to it religiously for 8 weeks and has shifted 15 kilos…she looks so much better!!! Off to Cornwall for weekend, but am not going to indulge in wine….alcohol or fish and chips…trying to think of it as a cleansing break!!! Feel less lethargic already…just had hueveros ranches from Mimi. Spencer’s bk for tea…delicious!

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

You can do it! Prove him wrong!

• posted by jpscloud
    on

4 kilos down after only 4 weeks AND including a lapse… that’s brilliant! Don’t see it as a failure, see it as a break – plus you’re restarting from a much lighter weight with even more determination and the knowledge that you can do it. And you can!!

I’ve had a rocky start but I’m doing better now – I’m on two week’s holiday and have straightened myself out. I’m spending a fair bit more on food than I normally would (fresh raspberries every day, ouch) but in my usual overeating mode I’d spend a small fortune on chocolate and crisps etc. so I think it’ll probably work out not much different in the end.

Good luck to you and to us all!

• posted by tree-peony
    on

Have you tried frozen berries?

They’re quite a bit cheaper and just as nice IMHO ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Yes I must switch to those… I’ve been getting fresh to get me over any feelings of deprivation at not having the usual junk – makes me feel like I’m having a real treat (plus spending money on them means I’m less inclined to spend it on junk… if that makes sense!)

• posted by tree-peony
    on

LOL perfect sense!

I decided early on that every morsel that passed my lips was going to be utterly delicious! It’s amazing what a splash of truffle oil does to scrambled eggs ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Yes!! Truffle oil is my absolute not-so-secret weapon! I love it.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I adore truffle oil too – and basil oil is delicious as well. Oh and a dressing made with walnut oil and raspberry vinegar, over lettuce with a bit of blue cheese and chopped pear ….. yum, yum!!

• posted by jpscloud
    on

I’m drooling now! Where do you get raspberry vinegar from? Sounds like something I need in my cupboard!

• posted by tree-peony
    on

and they’re all very good for us!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi jpscloud – can’t for the life of me remember where I bought mine. Had a look on amazon and they stock it, but the postage is ridiculously expensive. However, check out http://www.theyummylife.com/raspberry_vinegar which tells you how to make your own – I shall be doing this for sure. Apparently you can add a little sugar if you want (that’s what Nigel Slater does it seems) but I don’t personally see why you would need to. I guess you could make other fruit vinegars in the same way too.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Thanks Sunny, looks like waitrose do it, I might need to find an excuse to pop over there soon!

• posted by Bully
    on

Amazing!!! After getting back on the straight and narrow am 1 kilo down already!!!! Very motivated as slept much better last night without prosecco!!! Read on this forum that a spoonful of yoghurt curbs hunger before bed and this really worked for me!

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Fantastic Bully, well done!

• posted by Bully
    on

Have to confess to having a 40 cal options chocolate after my meal……….better than a Mars bars I guess!!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.