Starting today – 24 Jan

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Blushingida
    on

I am starting today if anyone wants to join me. I have done the diet for 3 weeks about 18 months ago with incredible results and have just not been in the right frame of mind to restrict myself after starting new stressful job, moving house and separating with the father of my children.

I am however back on it starting today. Tomorrow is my last day of a three year course of psychotherapy and it’s a new start for me. I am determined to shed 2 stone (I am tipping very sadly at 12 stone – my heaviest.) I have a really problem with food since being a teenager. – all manner of things – eating from exhaustion from lack of sleep and verbally a cycle of depreciation, lack of planning, and he occasional binge. I want to focus on self care and self discipline and put my self first for a while.

I didn’t use the forum last time. So if anyone would like to join me.

Starting weight:
    12 stone 01 pounds.

Today I am planning on having black coffee til lunch – then two eggs for lunch with lots of green tea then mushrooms and parsley and lots of garlic for dinner.

For me the problem is the evenings – so hopefully I will try to distract myself with calorie free drinks and other self care

Thanks!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi Blushingida, welcome! That’s a lot to have gone through in the past year, well done for getting through it and now making time for your own health and well being.

You are just about where I was about a year ago, I started off at 12st5lb. I lost about 2 st in 16 weeks and am now just under 10 so it definitely works.

Looking at what you’re planning on eating, I’m concerned that it might not be very satisfying for you- there’s very little healthy fat or protein there and you really need it for satiety and muscle maintenance. Are you vegetarian? There are several vegetarian threads you might like to look at if you are, there’s a search box in the upper right hand corner. If not, fish and lean meat in small portions are not too calorific and have valuable minerals, fats and protein.

Can you include some nuts and seeds for fat and protein and more non starchy veges? Remember you will need fibre 🙂

A little olive oil drizzled on your salad might help, both with taste and with feeling full. Water really helps with that, try sparkling if you don’t care for still. Most aim for 2-3 litres a day.

Good luck, I hope it goes well for you- I’m sure it will, if you can get through the year you’ve had you can certainly do this.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi Blushingida and welcome
    Wow – that has been a tough year for you and I’m not surprised you weren’t in the right frame of mind. This is a very friendly forum and everyone has been very welcoming.
    I agree with Mariet – it does sound as though you’re restricting yourself too much – you are allowed to have 800 calories a day and it’s worth trying to keep that as your minimum. Adding some spinach or salad to the eggs will help fill you up more and keep your fibre up. And try to have some protein with every meal – if you are vegetarian then tofu, cheese, nuts beans are all good sources.

Best of luck and look forward to hearing your updates.

• posted by Wannabeslim
    on

Hi Blushingida I will join you I started yesterday the 26 so a couple of days behind you . I saw a photo of myself the other day and was appalled. I have decided to go for it… it sounds as if you have so together??? I got it in my head I needed to create a deficit so ate 800 and tried to use up 2600 calories by walking etc but overdid it and got to 2881. I am now a little sore ! I worked out in 4 weeks I would lose about a stone doing this so figured was a good plan. I might have been too ambitious who knows? My weight is down 1.4 lbs today so far so good!

• posted by Izzy
    on

Welcome and good luck 🙂 I have also tried and failed when I wasn’t in the right frame of mind sometimes it is better to wait until we are ready and it sounds like you are!

Please log in or register to post a reply.