Starting the 800 next week!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by On-a-Mission
    on

Hi, as a last ditch attempt to lower my blood sugar before they docs put me on meds (due to my own sabotage I have to say) I am going to try this out. I have the book. I am going to plan each week of meals and snacks so that I have covered every eventuality so that when I start there is no stopping me. I truly hope this works. I have about 3stone 9lbs to lose and will be interested to see how far the 8 weeks takes me.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Its a good idea to plan your weeks food. We just shop for four days at a time. Less waste then. Every couple of weeks is an easy shopping and cooking week as we have about four days meals in the freezer. Works for us.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

On-a-Mission
    You sound really organised which will help you tremendously. The 800 works so well and has helped so many of us to come off the diabetes meds and lose an amazing amount of weight.

Things that have helped me are – reading the latest posts on this forum every day, logging all my food on an app at the start of every day (I use fat secret UK) but if you follow the meal plans that isn’t so important, and keeping the good carbs to 50g and under.

There are some amazing success stories. Captainlynne has lost 100lbs which is a stunning amount of weight and she now has normal blood sugars.. It would be worthwhile reading some of her threads.

Good luck for start of your journey. The first few days are the worst – especially if you have been eating a lot of sugary and starchy carbs. After that it gets much easier.

• posted by nomoresugarhighs
    on

Brilliant that you are starting. Bear in mind next week will also feature new years!

Honestly by day two my carb cravings disappeared – though I had low energy for a couple of days and definitely am still not up to running very fast on day seven! But it’s working.

FWIW my blood sugar normalised in 48 hours too. Make sure you drink shedloads of water. And put a book in the loo because you seem to spend all your time having a wee!

• posted by Seadog
    on

Hi on-a-mission !

I’m in a very similar place to you at the moment. I have roughly 3 stone to lose, and have high blood pressure which is worrying me, as it causes so many complications. I’m a 47 year old male, who is very happy, but really needs to get going on this life saving plan. I’ve tried a couple of times already, but I now have a renewed sense of being able to actually achieve it this time, as I have read so many life changing stories on here, namely Bill1954 and CaptainLynne, really inspirational stories of weight loss of regaining control !
    I’m starting properly tomorrow, I will be following the week planner in Michael’s book, as it is all laid out and I just have to follow the plan. I love cooking, so no problems for me with the preparation etc. I know it’s Xmas and the time of excess, but enough is enough, I’m taking back control of my life !.,

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Wishing you much success Seadog and on-a-mission! You CAN do this!!! I finished my first 8 weeks-800 calories in early December and have been following the BSD eating as low a carb diet as possible. I am gearing up for another 8 week-800 calories stent starting on January 1. I’ve lost 19.5 lbs. and plan to take off another 10 lb. I already feel so much better and want to get as close to the healthiest weight for me as possible. Then it’s on to maintenance. So currently I’m trying to eat as if I am in maintenance because I know this is my biggest hurdle. I need lots of practice. I don’t want to regain the weight!
    What really helped me during the 1st 8 week stent was making a huge batch of vegetable chicken or beef soup and putting it into individual containers and freezing it. Then each day I’d take out what I needed and use the microwave to defrost at home or work. It was a diet saver for me. I plan to do the same again! This time I’m going to put the soup in 1 cup containers instead of 2 cup containers so I can eat a little more often.
    Happy Holidays to everyone! —Janet :–)

• posted by pcoventry
    on

Hi On a Misson!

Good call! ME and the missus started it a few weeks ago. I am nearly a stone gone – and 4 inches from my waist! – best thing we ever did!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi on-a-mission.

That was exactly what started me on the 800 BSD on 19th December last year.

Now my blood sugars are down in the normal range (and have been for many months). And my weight has gone from 16 stone to 8st 6lbs (I’m 5′ 1″ female aged 66)

Best wishes for your BSD journey.

Please log in or register to post a reply.