Starting out.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Bexicle1979
    on

I am starting the plan on Monday, question I have is, can my two year old son eat the food I am making for myself?

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Bexicle
    People usually just add carbs for the children. Good luck!
    Penny

• posted by Vaughnie
    on

Yay, day one over and I have loved it. Got weighed and measured this morning followed by a PT session – she wasn’t kind but I told her not to be otherwise I won’t achieve my goal. Weighed in at 90 kg, with a 40 inch waist – not my proudest moment but school of hard knocks. That’s why I’m here. I was going to follow the 800 cal menu plan but loved the lunch, stuffed peppers so much I had it again for dinner. I have not felt hungry at all but I think all the water has helped that.
    Hope all you first dayers have been okay – long may it reign. It feels so great to be a part of something – I’ve always found dieting so lonely but it’s so encouraging reading everyone’s news. Good luck everyone

• posted by Aliba
    on

Good luck to you too Vaughnie….nice to find a forum where everyone is starting out at about the same time and really inspiring to read about peoples stories of success

• posted by andypandy
    on

I started today & have stuck to the 800 calories & drinks 2.5 litres of water & not felt hungry once & felt quite full all day. Enjoyed the healthy food I’ve been eating too. Here’s to the next few days & weeks & healthy weight loss. Well done, Vaughnie. Keep up the good work & good luck everyone else

• posted by NiKe70
    on

After trying every diet there is and failing miserably, including Slimming World and WW, I had an epiphany reading the most insightful, inspirational, life changing BSD Book…..I realised I had to get my Type 2 D under control after being in denial about it for the past 6 years resulting in more and more medication, vision deterioration, and now strangely – pains in my upper arms like a tightening of the muscles (although I don’t know whether this is related)….
    I am now 3 days in and I seem to have lost 4Ib – and undertaking a daily 1 hour walk (something I have never done before) although I am still doubting myself whether that’s true ( I use the same scales always when I get weighed)…
    I feel better already and full of energy, but haven’t done my levels yet as I’m not sure how often to monitor them ??
    I have struggled maintaining the 800 cal target today so will that have a negative impact ????

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Nike70
    I agree so much with you about the book- it all makes sense. Of course we failed with WW etc because they’re low fat diets.
    I have just finished day 2 and I was a pound down this morning. People have posted that they’ve lost a lot of pounds in the first week so probably you have lost 4 lb.
    I imagine you can monitor your blood sugar as often as you like. Why not if it encourages you.
    Re the 800 cals- I think Michael says it can be slightly over or under as long as it averages 800.
    Great you’re doing an hours walk.
    Penny

• posted by NiKe70
    on

Thanks Penny. Its great having this Forum for the support from people in the same situation. This has helped me far greater than my Diabetic Nurse during the course of my diagnosis. To all of you on here Good Luck and keep up the loss !!!!

• posted by Bexicle1979
    on

Pmshrink..thanks for letting me know. On day 3…it’s nice eating filling foods, now to try some out on my son

Please log in or register to post a reply.