Starting on Monday 24th

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Catw678
    on

Looking to start this diet from the beginning on the 24th October. Looking to maybe get a group of people to stay in contact each week to motivate each other and report our progress. Maybe social media or on some form of group message platform or whatever, I’m open to ideas πŸ™‚ but definitely would love to do this diet alongside others to keep motivated! Looking to lose 3 stone in total. I’m 23 and find it hard to keep up regular exercise and motivation!! πŸ™‚

• posted by Catw678
    on

I could maybe start a private group on FB for people to chat with one another πŸ™‚

• posted by DeanH
    on

Hi, I would be happy to support you and join you in the process. I have been lowering my carbs since the beginning of the month and started the 8 week BSD Oct 15. I have since incorporated a few days of intermittent fasting 20:4 and feel great. Also lost 5 kg so far.

• posted by Smolsen
    on

I would like to tag along – need support & encouragement to get through this – I started yesterday – doing ok – do miss carbs & I think my other issues will be portion sizes & snacks.

• posted by melnz
    on

I am very keen to join! I started today, I’m in NZ so day 1 is almost done.

• posted by Oski
    on

Very keen to join – if it’s a Facebook group the preference is definitely a private group πŸ™‚

• posted by amusantfemme
    on

I’m keen to join too. Started yesterday. Will be happy to report and support. Can’t we just report here instead of FB? Keeps it simple?

• posted by movingmore
    on

Hi everyone x I’m starting today and would love to join a group on here to help each other out. I’m planning an 8 week 800 Calories plan to take me up to Christmas, my friend locally is also joining me. x

• posted by Snoop
    on

Guys, just to say that a Facebook page, especially a private one, won’t provide others coming to this website with inspiration or insights. I don’t want to say you shouldn’t do it, but the threads on here are very useful for other people.

Another option, which is what lots of others have done, is essentially to form a group of buddies all posting to a single thread, such as this one you’ve already got going.

Good luck with the BSD, whatever option you choose.

• posted by asecondautumn
    on

Hello, everyone! I’m starting tomorrow as well – due to finish my first 8 weeks just before Christmas. In total, I need to lose 50lbs so I’m hoping that this first block lets me see the back of a significant portion of that.

2016 has been a very difficult year for me, but I feel that the time has come to make some changes and take this last chance to end the year on a much more positive note. I know the diet isn’t going to be easy – but I’ve been inspired by the results people have reported here, and want to be writing a success story of my own soon.

8 weeks isn’t that long after all…

• posted by Yes
    on

Hello. I will also start tomorrow. I agree on the best is to write in this forum than Facebook, so everyone can see our progress πŸ™‚

How many times should you eat and when? My worries is that I will be nauea by cotting down on carbohydrates the first days.

• posted by Timetochange
    on

Hi good luck Catw678. I have completed 5 weeks on the diet so far and lost over a stone. In between I have had social events etc and still managed to maintain a loss. I started a whatsapp group for some friends and family who decided to join me on the diet once they could see how effective it is. We share recipes and good and bad days. I would recommend that as a good support mechanism, though I would also mention that these forums are excellent and extremely supportive.
    I can honestly say that this is the best method for losing weight that I have found. More importantly for me I have found that it has ‘settled’ my eating and completely eliminated my sweet tooth for the first time in my adult life.
    I’m not diabetic and don’t have any blood sugar issues to solve, but I feel confident that I can eat a version of this for the rest of my life. It’s satisfying and wholly good for the body. Good luck in your journey to better health!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Different people split their calories in different ways. Some have two meals, either breakfast and dinner or lunch and dinner. Others have three meals. I like to have a small breakfast, medium lunch and dinner, and a small snack to get me through the afternoon. Whatever works for you. Do you like breakfast or are you happy to skip it? Do you like a bigger dinner so need to save calories for that? I’ve had very little problem with genuine hunger, but I do miss snacking in the evening. I had headaches for the first three days, the dreaded “carb flu”, but I’m fine now.

• posted by Catw678
    on

Hi guys! Thanks for the feedback πŸ™‚ good idea to keep on here bit there is a Facebook group already set up if anyone did want to go on Facebook πŸ™‚ probably not a good idea but I’m having a full roast today πŸ™ˆ Going to miss those lol!
    I think I’m going to have to drink so much water I get hungry easily πŸ™
    It’s my plan to go to Christmas too πŸ™‚

Excited!!

• posted by Catw678
    on

That’s amazing timetochange! Gives me motivation that it will actually work!!
    I’m not diabetic either but I do get hypoglycaemic crashes on occasion and I’m trying to stop those altogether!

• posted by Timetochange
    on

Like Natalie, I had ‘carb flu’ for the first three days and felt terrible, but it passed. Eat in whatever way feels good for you, but just total the calories. I eat a very light breakfast and lunch as I prefer to consume most of my calories in the evening, but I have eaten in different patterns and settled on that. I also consume a lot of fluid in the form of water, squash, tea of all kinds and sometimes a fizzy water or soda. If I am hungry sometimes have a coffee with whole milk and it takes the edge off. I count the milk I consume. I’m used to fasting as a 5:2 convert, so eating little through the day on a regular basis was a feature of my life anyway. I haven’t looked at the Facebook group but will check that out.

• posted by celtania
    on

Hi,

I am also starting 800 Cal diets today. I am 35 years old, I was diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes when I was pregnant with my son 5 years ago. I knew that I had higher chance of developing Type 2 Diabetes, so I was postponing asking my GP for the Glucose level test. Recently I got it tested and the number it’s borderline Diabetes.
    I am hoping this program will help in reducing my sugar level. It will be good to hear from others who’s also doing the program too.

• posted by ihavetodothis
    on

Hi all,
    I’ve been reading about the BSD and browsing the the forums for a while but have finally realised that I need to do this now and not next week…. so grateful for all the support out there…. Today is day 1 and I have just weighed in at 12st 7lbs and at 5ft 5ins tall I have lots to lose!
    So the water bottle is full, the house empty of biscuits and cakes, had yoghurt for breakfast and plan on smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for lunch. I have a list of jobs to do so that I keep busy.
    Good luck to everyone.

• posted by Catw678
    on

Morning all! Good luck to us starting today!! Weigh in is 12st 10 πŸ™‚

• posted by Lindahmd
    on

I would like to join starting today after receiving the book

• posted by MexicohereIcome
    on

Good Morning All πŸ™‚
    Count me in! I’m not a FB fan so will be coming on here instead for some moral support. We can do this! Good luck everyone.

• posted by Avila
    on

Hi,

I am a returner – I did the 800cal from start of August to mid Sept but then life got more complicated and I fell into more of a 5:2 or Med style pattern. Trying to stay on principles but with a few splurges. I want to get refocused to get to target.

I started at 99kg and now at 86kg healthy BMI is at 79kg (I am 5ft 10 / 178cm) So 79kg is my main target but would be nice to have some wriggle room below that. I have already been able to come off my blood pressure medication, I am not prediabetic so not testing blood sugars, though i was in the risk factors. Not now. And with 2st less weight I am able to exercise and have done 5k challenges with parkrun 3 times now, though always walking a bit of it, my target there is to be able to run all the way.

And though the muffin top has shrunk I still have more than a handful to grab, be nice to see the end of that before Christmas.

• posted by MortenOsloNorway
    on

Me too have started today πŸ™‚ Today 15 stones, target 13 stones – including some additional punds of muscle mass… 15 stones may not sound that much but I am a TOFI – thin on the outside and fat on the inside – and my fat weight is in my tummy all around my intestines. Sounds quite bad doesn’t it…?

My expectations are that the first days will be easy, because I have so much fat in my body, is that how you guys also expect?

My eating plan is to have all 800 calories at lunch, I do not know if that is the norm.

• posted by movingmore
    on

Hi

I started today as well…..I like other people have done this before and I know it works so well….the 800 kcals is definitely the fastest route. I wouldn’t advise having all your calories in one go though….I think it would be so hard for the rest of the time. I tend to do three small meals and loads of fluids….I agree with the person who suggests a cup of tea with a dash of whole milk in takes the edge of your hunger. So far day one isn’t going great….I’ve woke up with a water infection and don’t feel great…the antibiotics prescribed need to be taken with food…..but im determined to do this for 8 weeks…Its so nice seeing all your messages and positive vibes….we will all do this together and come Christmas there will be a lot less of us all to hold x x

• posted by nowornever
    on

Just noted your mention of hypoglycemic crashes. I had those prior to becoming full blown diabetic. I have read this is common.
    I hope this change will prevent that for you. I’m hoping to reverse my diabetes now. good luck

• posted by nowornever
    on

Hello, I’m new and confused. I am starting today, but I am having trouble following the thread. Any suggestions? I’m not very computer savy. I wouldnt mind doing a face book group if I cant figure this out. Any help appreciated. Thanks

on

@movingmore thanx for the input – I find it easier to have only one meal because with this eating regimen I do not have to think about food the rest of the time…

But aside from the possible hunger, eating only one meal does not have any negative effects does it… ?

PS perhaps starting on a fast diet when your on antibiotics does not sound so easy… Good luck and hang in there! πŸ™‚

• posted by Daewooe
    on

Good luck. Starting tomorrow. We can do this! Weighing 210. Hope to be much lighter by Christmas. Have joined a gym and bellydancing class. Daewooe.

• posted by Rustic Yokel
    on

I’m in! Was told at high risk for Type 2 back in May so started cutting back, lost just over a stone but have sort of stuck so I’ve been casting around for a boost and the whole idea of this diet just sort of makes sense. I’m aiming for another stone off at least. first meal from the book tonight, it’s the Goulash. Need to give my store cupboard a clear out and top up on some goodies. I have the extra problem of being allergic to alcohol so all wine, wine vinegar and cider vinegar and any other such items I have to find substitutes for. Have to watch out for them in bottled peppers etc…

Like the sound of bellydancing, I could currently major in that one!

• posted by Getting my life back
    on

Hi Rustic Yokel I’ve just eaten the Hungarian goulash I never bother with the cider vinegar just as tasty πŸ™‚

• posted by movingmore
    on

Hi

Thanks for your support….I think your right I’ve had 1200 today cals of low carb food today as I feel yuk with this infection…..hoping that tomorrow the antibiotics kick in and am back with you on 800 as that’s the one that works best for me.

I’m impressed that you can do one meal…800 is a good amount for one meal…..you probably know this….but I would try and stretch that meal with low slow release foods…..avocados and eggs are brilliant for keeping cravings at bay for me. I have to work the plan around the family…..so my main meal is normally a much reduced portion of what they all have….sometimes I do end up just doing something for me though if the calories are too high. I guess the only side effects of fasting for so long could be tiredness initially and or bad breath…I do get a funny taste in my mouth during long fasting periods.

Hope day 1 is going well for you.

• posted by Catw678
    on

Does anyone know if we can reply to individual people? I feel the thread will get so long trying to reply to everyone (wouldn’t be a problem but may be more organised haha)
    Had a chicken and avacado salad with some olive oil for lunch and chicken korma from the cookbook for tea πŸ™‚ totalled about 950 cals, struggled to keep at 800 cals so I’m hoping to slowly get down to that number rather at once! Hope everyone else’s first day went well!

• posted by movingmore
    on

Hey I’m a returner to!

like you I know it works , life got a bit complicated for me too….I lost my dad and father in law this year to cancer….grief has resulted in about 12 pounds weight gain. My dad followed a very low carb diet with intermittent fasting when he was palliative….he inspired me to do it the first time as he researched how carbs which turn to sugar are really bad for Cancer cells…..it gave him hope and I think that all his efforts with his diet meant we had him a bit longer….he also looked well on it right up to the last few months.

A lot can be achieved in 8 weeks and it’s not a massive amount of time to stick with something that also works. πŸ˜€

• posted by Snoop
    on

Catw678, you can reply to more than one person in a post. It’s true that some threads go on for several pages, but an FB account wouldn’t be any shorter. There’s nothing stopping you keeping both this thread and your FB page going at the same time for those who prefer one or the other. What you can’t do here, as far as I can tell, is send people personal messages.

If you have a look through the threads, you’ll see that there is a fantastic, supportive and above all friendly and civilised atmosphere on this site unlike any I’ve ever come across on any social media or website like Fat Secret. I use FB quite a bit, so obviously have nothing against it, but it would be a shame for people to cut themselves off from the tremendous body of expertise, experience and support available here from people who have been doing this for a long time. There’s a lot of value in threads like Lucia’s or captainlynne’s posts. It’s well worth having a look at what’s available here.

I check the latest posts log every day and learn something new almost every day, be it a new fact or details of a new resource:

https://thebloodsugardiet.com/latest-forum-posts/

• posted by Rustic Yokel
    on

Well goulash without alcohol was very good, had it with green beans. Other half is eating what I cook too as he needs to lose a bit of tummy fat. I’m not going ‘cold turkey’ with just one meal a day, I know I wouldn’t keep to it, spreading the food out a bit during the day. I very rarely eat breakfast anyhow so lunch and dinner with hot drinks in between will be the trial this first week.

• posted by Avila
    on

spreading it out is normal. In the book MM gives 3 meal a day plan ideas.

Some people have 2 meals and hardy types blow all their calories in a single meal. Find the pattern that suits you.

on

Hmm Day 1 went ok for me, but I do understand from the comments that having only one meal a day could be difficult over time πŸ™‚ It worked well for me for intermittent fasting in the past, but 8 weeks on 800 cal/day is different, I understand that… But don’t you guys get hungry and extremely food focused if you have say 3 meals and have to think about calorie restriction the whole day..?

• posted by Rustic Yokel
    on

I think if I only had one meal a day I would be constantly thinking about food for most of the day! I guess we are all different and what works for one wouldn’t work for another. Always a lot easier if busy with work, especially if you can get away from anywhere there is food.

• posted by Snoop
    on

I couldn’t manage on one very big meal a day. I’d feel hungry again after a few hours and struggle to make it through to the next one.

I’m not much of a one for breakfast, so I have a very milky coffee around 9.30 am, then an earliesh lunch (by local standards – I live in Spain) at around 12.30 – 1.00 pm, followed by supper at whatever hour I get around to it but always after 8.00 pm as I’m too busy before then.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

You might find as you get further into the diet that you actually can’t manage all the 800 cal at once anyway. This diet really changes our habits.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I have started having only one evening meal at weekends, with only calories from drinks earlier in the day. I haven’t had any problems so far, it helps me carry on eating the same style of meal as I was having when I was on double calories at weekends in the run up to my Fast 800 8 weeks.

• posted by Sdall
    on

I’m new here too. Not current diabetic but obese and this could prevent future diabetes. Totally carb crave and think they affect my health. I have anxiety / CFS . Looking to improve both πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌ
    Look forward to the coming weeks ( and weight loss of course)
    Yesterday was ok . As soon as I drop the carbs appetite changes and reduces . Bit nauseous but need to up fluid . Cereal craving at dinner time my go to carb but managed to stave it off.
    Have enjoyed my meals so far πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Catw678
    on

Had the chicken korma from the book last night, it was nice but quite spicy! Trying to up my water intake but it’s difficult! Having yoghurt and seeds for lunch πŸ™‚ haven’t decided for tea yet though! What has everyone else been eating?
    Wasn’t helpful I came across my sisters sweet stash this morning… but I managed to not touch them!! Doesn’t sound to much of a deal but I don’t think I’ve properly stayed with a diet for more than a day πŸ™ŠπŸ™ˆ night time snacks always got the better of me!

• posted by Rustic Yokel
    on

I had salad with sardines for lunch, just an olive oil dressing, but I went to sleep after lunch so I don’t know if that’s because I’ve had no carbs or the extreme gardening this morning! I’m still using up contents of the freezer (old habits die hard) so it’s one fish cake each with imaginative veg and no CHIPS tonight! I’m enjoying a sprinkling of chilli flakes, black pepper, salt, and garlic that comes ready mixed from the supermarket. So far it’s gone on the salad, scrambled eggs and green beans (with a knob of butter). The tastier things are the less I notice the lack of potatoes and bread.

• posted by Catw678
    on

So hungry today πŸ™ chips are so tempting!! Must resist

• posted by amusantfemme
    on

The regime is going well at the moment – day 3 done! It’s taking a lot of thought, planning and reading to get the right foods sorted but hopefully it will get easier as I get some good recipes in my reportoire. Lamb meatballs made in the fridge for tomorrow’s dinner ( from the book) and I’m going to try the Lentil & Spinach daal from this site. Anything new takes a bit of getting used to so onwards and hopefully downwards.
    Good luck everyone

• posted by MexicohereIcome
    on

Hi Cat and everyone,
    ….so first day went well, although i couldn’t have dinner as i had no calorie allowance left! This is what i had:
    spinach, onion and pepper 2 egg omelette (@300)
    a slice of toast and marmalade – mid morning (@150cals?) – Bad move, and cost me later when i added everything up!
    beef stew (no potatoes) & brocolli – lunch (300cals)
    Cups of tea and water definately got me through…but today i have written out a 7 day menu plan, so I am getting more organised! The BSD recipe book is fab – loads of things I am going to try.
    Today I didn’t have breakfast as needed to do a shop and only had cereals and bread to choose from. Big step was making the kids pancakes for breakfast and not having a sneaky one or three myself like i normally would. So for lunch I had a lamb hotpot, but none of the potatoes with cabbage and carrots (@ 300cals) and then i had 2 scrambled eggs and mushrooms (@170cals) for my dinner and I had some grapes (100g) after (@70cals), Hands up – I did steal a fishfinger from kids plate that they left so that cost me @70cals! Lesson learnt – I need to eat a good breakfast to sustain me through the day! Still learning, but all things considered I think I am doing good (although hungry!!! lol) and I am determined to do this! Feeling very positive and its so lovely seeing all the messages to spur you on. Lets all keep each other going πŸ™‚ I have 3 stone to lose so its going to be a long journey for me (im 5ft 4 and 12st 7 and 1/2!) To put it in perspective, i only weighed 12st 3 when i was full term with my DS! Am longing for the day I can remove my wedding ring to put my engagement ring back on again, (fingers too big at the mo!) get down to a healthy weight, feel healthy and lighter (DS is 3st and I’m reminded of that when i pick him up, gosh 3st feels heavy!) I am not getting any younger and I’ve wasted enough time already. We can do this!!! Bring on Day 3!

• posted by movingmore
    on

hi

you have done really well….I’m a returner to the 800 plan….and I wanted to encourage you….I’m 5.4 and at my heaviest before starting the plan I was 13.3… I got down to 9.12……with x 2 fasts and low carbs….that was 2.5 years ago now. My weight this year after the loss of my dad crept up to 11.1….I really thought it would all go back on as I have been up and down with my weight for 20 years. I’m back to 10.5 now after fasting and eating 800 cals on and off. Im trying to get to 9.12 again before Christmas as I always feel like my weight could creep back to 11 stone again whilst I am sitting around the ten stone mark. I cant recommend the plan enough..as long as you eat the right type of foods and drink tons of fluids you feel great….and the results are the best ever. it’s totally changed how I view food….you feel great when your on the plan….I seem to have tons of energy and feel super alert….which I really don’t feel when I’m stuffing my face with rubbish.

keep going….you will love the speedy results it brings to you….eggs are my favourite go to food to keep me going.

good luck all and keep going….the Christmas countdown is upon us x

• posted by Rustic Yokel
    on

I too am 5’4” and had got up to 11 stone 10lb and it was still creeping up. I hit 60 back in May and thought now or never. I’m now down to 10st 5lb and without realising it I had half been following this diet. I felt really rubbish last night and having read some of the new messages this morning I think I’m not drinking enough water so I will up intake today. Most of my life I was around 9st and returned to that after 3 of my children but the 4th was a late arrival, he is now 17 so you can do the maths, and I did not bounce back down to my previous weight. I have not been below 10st 4lb since his birth so I am very keen to loose 2 more lbs as it will be a significant milestone. The weight is holding steady at the moment.

When and how often do you all weigh yourselves? I’ve got into the habit of first thing in the morning everyday. I once tried the once a week weigh in and got some horrible surprises!

• posted by shalimar
    on

I don’t have a scale at home so i usually weigh myself when i go to aquabics/gym …. which i hope is 3-4 times a week. Been home sick for about 3 weeks. I don’t think i would like weighing myself every day because it’s too easy to attach emotionally to the results i see there, especially when i am following the diet and i hit a plateau. Even though i know my body needs to take whatever time it needs to adjust.

Please log in or register to post a reply.