Starting monday

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wendymay54
    on

Hi I am going on the 800 diet to support my husband , although I do need to lose some weight my blood sugar and pressure are normal , Andy however has high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. I do cook healthy meals but he snacks out on to many crisps and drinks beer . We both work in the construction trade which is quite physical. My one concern is will he get hungry with so little food and working so hard , do we have to stick religiously to the meal plan or can I make more soup etc so he feels fuller but still sticking to the 800 a day . Also what drinks can we have through the day , help would be much appreciated

• posted by Frog
    on

Drinks – pretty much anything without sugar – I worked out how much milk I use in tea thru the day on average and just add that amount into myfitnesspal log everyday.
    Try and get thru lots of water – I find I drink more if I have it with no-sugar squash occasionally – you can get those little squirty bottles that are brilliant to carry around.
    As to the extra calories, if you are both really active, maybe try the 800 to start with and see how you get on. Adjust it up a little if it isn’t enough – but I think a lot of people on the forums have been surprised at the lack of hunger they’ve experienced, especially once they’ve done a few days. It’s probably best to be prepared with BSD friendly snacks handy, rather than be hungry and gorge on something completely outside BSD.

Easily portable shacks – nuts, measured portions of cheese, I like carrot and hummus, an apple, greek yoghurt if you have access to a fridge – and as you say, soup can be filling. I’d suggest that you make your own you, easier to keep to low calorie and low carb options.
    But do look at portion sizes, especially with cheese and nuts! maybe look at buying tiny tupperware-type boxes so that you can carry a small portion, rather than a full bag & be tempted to eat too many.

Please log in or register to post a reply.