Starting Monday 29th August. Anyone want to join me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Heh, heh, guys. Brilliant news all round. Especially Chookymama. Great achievement!

As for this end, I’ve broken the 85 kg barrier, just! In other news, OH has said he’ll join me on the diet. He’s prediabetic, so this is fantastic news. It’ll make me look at the carbs again more seriously. I had a hundred grammes of blackberries yesterday with yogurt. Good for fibre and had the desired effect, thank goodness. Will have to slow down on those, mind.

Is anyone looking at their fibre intake? Mine has been pitifully low, despite all the veg I’ve been eating (well over five-a-day).

Today’s yesterday:
    84.9 kg
    -0.1 kg
    Overall change -3.6 kg

Yesterday’s food and exercise
    797 cals
    74 carbs
    Moderate walk for 30 mins, 10 mins gardening

Big gardening blitz due this weekend. So that might give me a head start before trip back to see my folks. Hope so. More exercise definitely required. Pedometer ordered from Amazon now dispatched, so that might encourage me too.

Onwards and inwards, guys!

• posted by mental4ever
    on

Congratulations Arthurconandoyle for your first day safely over.

I have weighed today and lost another 2lb making a total of 8lb in 2’weeks. πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰. Could not be happier.

Thanks to support here earlier this week when I was feeling a bit down.

Love all you guys and galls 😍😍😍

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done MENTAL4EVER x and welcome ARTHURCONANDOYLE ! I hope you find bsd elementary! πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ sorry,cdnt resist a little joke..i love yr name! x

• posted by Chookymama
    on

Just sipping on my half cup of coffee in a mindful kind of a way…..A little further down the road this morning and for the first time I can see a difference in my body. My bra used to really dig into my back but this morning I thought that it might actually fit again!

Thanks for all the shout outs – it really does make a difference even though we are so disparate! Kids are home at the weekend so I will have to call upon every reserve not to delve into their wicked ways but hopefully they will be impressed!

Well done all….onward and downward!!!

• posted by mental4ever
    on

Hi Chookymama.

Congratulations.

Cannot wait until more of my clothes fit me. I bet there are quite a few ladies out there who have bought clothes with a view of slimming down into them and it just did not happen. These were then relegated to the back of the wardrobe or stored away. 😩😩😩

• posted by Timmy
    on

And men mental4ever. I bought a suit about 6 years ago. I was slimming down a bit and bought it in anticipation. Can’t remember what happened, but my weight crept back up again and I have never been anywhere near being able to get in it.

Guess what I’m wearing today for the first time!??! It’s not even tight on me. And all of my jeans, which I’ve been cramming myself into are too loose now. It’s going to cost me a fortune to replace all of my clothes!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Chookymama, I had exactly the same experience today: I had to go out shopping so had to wear a bra (don’t bother at home) and it fitted without digging into me.
    Great news on the suit, Timmy. Isn’t it good when you see the results, not just in numbers on the scales but in the real world too.
    Mental4ever, looks like you’re well on the way to delving into your hidden wardrobe.

One thing I thought when I was out today was how much more confident I feel. All the other people obviously still see a fat woman, whereas I feel like a fat person who is getting healthier and thinner. I also feel more alert. It’s a good feeling.
    I’m due to get on a plane next week. I always worry whether the seat belt will be too short and I’ll have to ask for one of those extensions. I never have, but the possibility is always in the back of my mind. The next flight I take (in November), I’ll definitely not have to worry.

• posted by Arthurconandoyle
    on

And, Snoop, hopefully you’ll never have to worry ever again. I’m not only on this to regain my health and lose weight. I’m determined to stay healthy afterwards. I want to remain mobile and active into old age so that I can travel and enjoy life with lots of energy and I suspect that everyone on the forum does too.

Well done on the suit front Timmy, that must have been a proud moment!

Thanks for the welcome, Yowzer 49! Love the joke but actually, what I like most about the BSD is exactly that – it IS elementary. Once you understand the principles, it’s quite simple to follow. I’m grateful to Dr Mosley and his team for researching all the complicated data and presenting it in a way that’s accessible to those of us who don’t have the time to do the research ourselves.

AFTER DAY 2
    Weight : 74.2 kg
    Walking : 13,000 steps.

• posted by Tabletalk
    on

Calories 854
    Carbs 83

Did great today at a baby shower!! One bite of a tiny cupcake was my only splurge there. Mercifully there were tons of raw veggies so ate those quite happily.
    Brought home some trail mix and got too carried away with it, but realized I set myself up by eating it in the car. My new strict rule is no food in the car…just another mindless way to eat.

Seems like I’ve been 50 cals over 800 all week. Going to get under tomorrow.

Great news from you all…keep up the good work! Glad you’re feeling confident and enjoying the changes Snoop.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Well done at the baby shower, Tabletalk. I’d never heard of trail mix. Looks lethal. And all too easy to eat without thinking. Good idea about no eating in the car.

Today’s figures:
    84.5 kg
    -0.4 kg
    Overall change -4.0 kg
    599cals
    24 carbs
    Moderate walk for 15 mins, 1 hour digging (could also add a couple of hours’ shopping – doesn’t count really, but it’s a big change to sitting at my desk for two hours!)

Under calories because no time for coffee in the morning, extremely late lunch and so not very hungry in the evening. OH focusing on what he can’t have (bread and wine), me focusing on what I can have (salmon, lamb’s lettuce salad with avocado pear, raspberries, ricotta cheese…, what is not to like about that?!).

on

Yum, that dinner sounds delicious, Snoop. You’re making me hungry! πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi Arthurconandoyle, it was delicious. Not the kind of thing I could do every day (compared to our normal meals, it worked out quite expensive, for a start!), but a great treat and all within the diet because everything was a small portion in comparison with usual ideas of what a serving is (only 90 g of salmon, for example, but cooked in a small amount of butter to absolute perfection, which was, admittedly, a fluke). I’m weighing and measuring every single ingredient religiously (even garlic and lemon juice), which is helping to keep me on track.

on

AFTER DAY 3
    Weight: 74.2 (again)
    Walking : 8000 steps.

Funny, I had forgotten how much I enjoy boiled eggs. 😊 For some reason they had slipped off the menu. Have rediscovered 75 calories of deliciousness.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Week 3 done and dusted, todays weigh in result, 150.5kg, waist 148cm, start weight 159.9 kg, waist 158cm. Total weight loss to date 9.4kg. My wife is doing dinners and breaky with me and having normal lunch. Shes lost 3kg and 11cm off her waist do date. Made skinny chilli yesterday, quite partial to it, though need more chilli next time.
    Stepped up to 1.5 hr walk a day and about to up book exercises to 3 reps per 3 days a week. Have a great week all

on

Impressive figures, bloke41. Congratulations to both of you!

• posted by Tabletalk
    on

Well done everyone. Amazing calorie control Snoop! I’m sure the gardening is a great diversion and good exercise too. Bloke41 very nice! Glad your other half is on board and you’re succeeding together.

Mmm…glad you mentioned boiled eggs. Arthurconandoyle. Going to make some tomorrow…need to change it up some…

Today’s #s:
    Weght: 163lbs pleased to be back to this so fast considering time of month.
    Calories:730
    Carbs: 40

Brought the scale and lots of herbal tea on vacation with me. Here we go…

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Hi, you are all doing very well. Just want to let you know that the keto site reddit.com/r/keto/wiki/faq says that grams of fibre do not count because we do take them in. So if you can find out any many grams of fibre in your blackberries or whatever you can probably deduct them from your carbs. MFP won’t do it, as far as I know. Other cleverer folk than I have put proper links to that site and its other pages in their posts.

On the other hand that site does warn about too much fruit!

Keep on keeping on lovely folk. As Yowzer says it is elementary!

ruth

• posted by Snoop
    on

Bloke41, that’s amazing. Well done to you and your wife.

Ruthdownunder, thanks for the info. I’ll have a look at my “daft question thread” in a bit and post there too. Lots to take in.

For now, today’s figures:
    84.4 kg
    -0.1 kg
    Overall change -4.1 kg
    847 calories
    49 net carbs
    Four hours’ digging (I’ll be swimming in cabbages and caulis this winter!)

• posted by bloke41
    on

Thanks Arthur, Tabletalk and snoop, first week was tough, sure has been testing doing it together with my better half, but were getting through it, great results all

• posted by littlepete
    on

I’m not a regular poster here but I keep a track of whats going on most days.
    So coming to the end of week 3 and all is looking (and feeling) good.

My weight is dropping slowly but surely.
    Start weight 127.3 kg
    Toady’s Weight 123.6 kg
    Loss of 3.7 kg (8.1 pounds, 0.58 stone)

My blood glucose readings are looking good too
    Start 13.0 mmol/l
    Today 8.0 mmol/l

I take my readings every morning as soon as I get up and I’ve seen a gradual drop over the 3 weeks.
    During the course of the last 3 weeks the readings have been as follows:-

I’m using a lot of the recipes in the book, and tweaking the odd one where it suits me. Eggs and Yogurt with berries have become the mainstay of breakfasts and being disciplined enough to take food made at home rather than buying at the shop every day has meant I’ve saved some cash too.

Ricotta, Pear & Walnut salad for lunch today was super tasty and I have a huge pan of Skinny Chilli in the slow cooker that will last me all week! Peppers with Feta & Pomegranate is highly recommended too. My taste buds really feel alive with some of this food.

I saw some discussion about Rapeseed oil. A tip for people in the UK. Lidl have British (made in Yorkshire) rapeseed oil at only Β£1.99 a bottle. Its a lovely deep golden colour and a very good price compared with Β£4.99 I’ve seen in Sainsbury’s.

I’ve bought a spiaraliser but have not yet tried it.

My exercise is walking just over 2.5 miles each day back and to from work. I’m not finding it a chore and I’m quite happy getting the earphones on with my music. Another way of saving money on car parking or bus fares.
    I’m not following the exercises in the book – does anyone do these?

Week 4 here we come!

on

Littlepete, I know next to nothing about blood glucose readings but that drop looks very impressive! Well done! I’m retired now but like you, I used to walk to work and back. I grew to love the little break it gave me between doing stuff at home and doing stuff at work. No-one wanting anything from me, just a hiatus to clear my houghts , plan my day / unload the day’s stress. I think the relaxation benefits are just as good as the physical effects. Hope the weather stays fine for you!

AFTER DAY 4
    Weight 73.6
    Walking : only 5900 ( ☹️ It rained all day)

I’ve told myself that I have to post these figures every day, as an added incentive to keep on track. Ideally, I know I shouldn’t need to do that, but in reality, I think I need to be publicly accountable, because otherwise I ‘m far too good at convincing myself that I ‘ll ” make up for it tomorrow ” .

• posted by Tabletalk
    on

First day of vacation…lots of water, swimming, walks on the beach. Friends made dinner, had the pasta and scallops but only 1/4 cup pasta. Mainly spinach salad. Was so close to skipping dessert and wish I had now. I did eat a tiny portion. Also ate my regular good food…celery and a little ham for lunch, but succumbed to a couple of snacks today that I didn’t need. Going to let the kids finish off the snack food that’s tempting me first thing tomorrow, then I’ll be better situated I think.

Today: 163lbs
    Calories: 1083
    Carbs: 104

: /

• posted by Snoop
    on

Tabletalk, good luck. Can’t be easy. Letting the kids finish the snacks sounds like a strategy! Maybe you could do a pud or two? Berries and Greek yogurt, maybe turned into a kind of fool might go down well.

And Arthur, I’m posting my figures daily. I find it good discipline. Somewhere on here, Michael Mosley says that research shows that people weigh daily also do better at losing weight. So I’m not worrying about the weigh only once a week mantra and weigh every day. Even if the loss isn’t much, or I stay the same or go up even (happened once), I like to know. You must have enjoyed seeing your last loss!

Littlepete, what brilliant blood readings. You must be really pleased. I’m really looking forward to getting the books. Lots of people have mentioned the skinny chilli, so that must be good. And thanks for the tip on rapeseed oil. My parents have a Lidl near them, I’ll get them some.

Today’s figures:
    84.3 kg
    -0.1 kg
    Overall change -4.2 kg
    793 calories
    32 net carbs
    Four hours’ more gardening. I’m knackered!

• posted by Tabletalk
    on

Today’s weight: 162lbs
    -1lb

Motivating!!

Yes, snoop, looking forward to some yogurt and a few berries today

Have a great day everyone!

• posted by eternallyoptimistic
    on

Hi tabletalk. It’s my first day of holidays too. Doing the Mediterranean diet in the middle of the Mediterranean 😎 should be easy – right??? Wrong! The easy bit is no starchy carbs, the difficult bit is keeping the calories down with no measuring. Those lovely healthy salads of mine are lethal. And as for fresh olives, lovely fruit and fab wines – it’s going to be a challenging week. My challenge is not go put anything back on by the end of the week. It was great to get the swimsuit on without a struggle.☺

on

AFTER DAY FIVE
    Weight : 73.4 kg
    Walking: 11,800 steps

Reflections so far: This eating plan isn’t easy, but it is definitely doable. I really didn’t think it was when I first read about it.
    I know that eating out tonight at pub trivia will be difficult, so I can appreciate how hard it is for people on holiday. The only helpful thing I can think of is that I usually lose a bit of weight on holiday because I walk so much more than usual, exploring a new area. Best wishes, tabletalk and eternally optimistic!

Thanks for starting this thread, 54andfatnomore.

• posted by Tabletalk
    on

Hi eternallyoptimistic, sounds like a lovely time away! I know it’s hard to turn down all the new variety! I think not gaining is still an ambitious (but doable!) goal. Enjoy your time away, and for me I’m trying to make sure any treats are really worth it, not just a mindless snack.

Today: 674 calories
    58 carbs

• posted by Snoop
    on

Crumbs, Tabletalk. Slim pickings for you by the look of the calories! Hope I do as well as you at my parents’ these next few days. Won’t be able to weigh myself or food, so here’s hoping for when I get back… Didn’t have a terribly good day here, either. Desperately trying to hit deadlines before I go away, so didn’t eat very sensibly, too much meat and fat. I also need to eat earlier in the evening, as I don’t feel so alert this morning.

End of week three figures:
    84.3 kg
    -0.0 kg
    Overall change -4.2 kg
    889 calories
    43 net carbs
    No exercise whatsoever!

Very little weight change in week three, but my waist measurement is smaller by 6 cm, and I notice that when bending down. Very pleased with that.

on

AFTER DAY 6

Weight 73.2
    Walking 10,600 steps

I think I went well over the 800 calories, had to guesstimate my pub TBone. Still had a small loss. I thought about eating at home but then thought that if I want to go the whole way with the BSD, I have to make it fit into my real life, so I just did the best I could.

• posted by Tabletalk
    on

62 carbs
    972 calories: had cake!!!
    (Yesterday’s numbers)
    Today’s weight: 164lbs
    +2 lbs!!

30 min walk yesterday and HIIT workout the day before.

Not being strict, but am logging everything and lots of stairs here and exercising everyday. Did pretty well at breakfast and lunch and had a treat for snack and a dessert last night so not surprised.

Snoop it’s tough when things get really busy! Do the best you can. All your faithfulness has brought you a long way. You’ll soon be back to normal and it will be easier.

on

AFTER DAY SEVEN

Weight: 73.1
    Walking: 10004 steps

Total loss for the first week: 3.1 kg. I also lost a lot in the first week I was at Weight Watchers, so I know that every week won’t be like that. Wouldn’t it be nice if it was, though? πŸ˜‹

As someone else on this forum said, onward and downward!

• posted by Chookymama
    on

Monumentally fell off the wagon the other day – went away to swanky hotel where there was food aplenty and also gin, wine, champagne……I felt horribly poorly the following day and added 1.5kg back on. Pah. Honestly was lovely at the time but really not worth it as I have felt a bit down ever since. Last night I steamed cauliflower and riced it with some grated cheese in – not a potato substitute per se but it will have to do! You can also eat masses of the stuff to fill up on.

Anyway – back into the swing of things. Everything crossed…(still under 80…..)

on

AFTER DAY EIGHT

WEIGHT: 73.4 kg. ….. WHAT.??
    Walking: 3,000 steps

I stuck to the diet and PUT ON 300 grams? What kind of evil magic is this?? πŸ˜‰

Granted, it wasn’t a very active day – at the accountants sorting out the family ‘s taxes, but I even refused a cup of tea there, because I knew they’d offer biscuits with it.

I guess this might be why some people advise not to weigh yourself daily.

Has anyone who’s been on the BSD longer than me had this experience?

Chookymama, I sympathise. 1.5 kg in a day. You poor thing! 😒Depressing, isn’t it? I guess this is where we show our strength and commitment and positivity. Let’s both have an excellent, strictly-come-dieting day and show those bloody scales a thing or two! πŸ˜€

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Arthur, .3 is merely a pee or a cup of tea. Leave the scales for a couple of days and stick to the plan. Have you done other measurements so you can check if your body is changing. Maybe it is too early. I am a very slow loser but I have kept at it and now lost just over 10lbs in 10 weeks. For me the important thing is my diabetes which has improved greatly.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

sunshine-girl is absolutely right.

(on maintenance) I usually weigh myself every night and every morning, as I’m not trying to lose weight now.
    Quite often, after I’ve done my evening weighing, I find I need a wee, and then out of interest weigh again. Often a pound down on the weight five minutes before..

I have a vague memory of ‘a pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter’ and I can tell you, with all the liquid we drink, the scales absolutely demonstrate that.

You carry on with your strength and commitment and positivity!

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by mental4ever
    on

Who’s a very ‘Happy Bunny’. Me, Me, Me……. Just ended our 3rd week and have lost another 4 lb, making a total of 12 lb. I still cannot believe I am feeling so good and not craving food all the time.

As previously mentioned by others my self esteem has rocketed and I walk a little taller. How high will I be walking in a few weeks time when I have lost even more weight. My OH will have to tie a piece of string around my ankle to stop me floating away 🎈🎈🎈 ha ha.

Only one black cloud on the horizon at the moment is a Christening we are attending on Sunday and will be staying on for a further 2 days. So we may be slacking a little but hopefully still eat sensibly.

😍😍😍😍😍

• posted by Antigone
    on

Yay! Well done Mental! So pleased for you … You will waltz through the christening (just remember how good you feel today when tempted!) You reminded me of a radio play called Emily Rising – where she floated away lol! Sounds like a good act for the BSD Circus!
    12lbs in 3 weeks is brilliant! I love the little private triumphs – a bit like coming home from Narnia – no one knows except you and others who have been through the wardrobe! Ha! We are all sort of going through the wardrobe! I am going to throw out some of my old ‘circus’ trousers today πŸ™‚

• posted by mental4ever
    on

Thanks Antigone.

We are staying in a hotel for 2 nights and have not fallen into the trap of booking breakfast. Thought this would be better for us as we don’t normally eat breakfast anyway, so why overindulge.
    Will be with friends during the day but luckily she has also been dieting (Cambridge Diet) so I know we will be ‘safe’ when we are in her home. She will not be trying to get us to eat cakes, biscuits etc. She does however, tend to put out small bowls of salted nuts, which have been ‘morish’ when sitting around talking.
    We are going to weigh on Sunday morning before we set off on our 3 hour drive so we will see what damage may have been done when we re-weigh on Wednesday morning. I am going to pack the BSD Ploughman meal to have in the day and hopefully the buffet later in the day will have suitable food for us to graze on.

Watch this space as I will let you all know how we get on. πŸ‘ΌπŸΌ or πŸ‘Ή

PS. Going to go through my clothes when I have dropped 28lb so I wond be tempted to ‘grow’ into them.

• posted by Tabletalk
    on

Been busy playing…just checking in.

Weight has gone down and up all week…163 yesterday, 164 today.

Have had lots of exercise: house is three stories and I must run back and forth for everything. Body boarding in the waves, 45 minute walks every day, a run yesterday on top of that and some HIIT this week too.

Doing ok with calories and carbs, but in the mid800s/900. Wildly fell off the wagon this morning though!!!! Made frozen waffles (how does this suddenly tempt me?!?!) for kid breakfast and had three in an instant! Ack!!!!

Going to try skipping lunch or just doing a taste of greek yogurt and get in some more activity.

Good to read everyone’s updates and thoughts! Igorasusual, that’s fascinating about the fluids: helpful to remember!
    Mental4ever, so happy for you!! Hope all goes as planned for you this weekend. Excellent news : )

Encouraged again as I read back through the threads this morning. Antigone, love the reference to Narnia…
    😊

• posted by Tabletalk
    on

Sunshine girl it’s helpful to hear that those ten pounds came off with your faithfulness! I am sometimes discouraged that a week of effort yields little fruit, but I get nowhere at all if I’m not diligent enough! Great job sticking it when it’s slow. Well done.

on

AFTER DAY NINE
    WEIGHT: Still 73.4 kg πŸ˜•
    Walking: 11, 900 steps

Thanks for the encouragement, sunshine girl ( great news about your diabetes!) and igorasusual.
    Well done, mental4ever. That’s a great effort! I think it’s great that you have a plan for your time away. I know that it’s when I haven’t planned that I make my big mistakes. Which reminds me……..
    We are off to the theatre today to see Warhorse. Must pack a cut up apple in a ziploc bag and some other low calorie snacks and water.
    Hope you have a fantastic day, Tabletalk!

on

AFTER DAY TEN
    WEIGHT: 73.0 kg
    Walking: 10,200 steps

Finally, the scales are going down again!

• posted by littlepete
    on

The end of another week.
    This week feels like its been a bit tougher food wise. A few nights after work I’ve been really hungry and maybe eaten over the 800. I take solace that it’s not lots of bread or junk I’m reaching for though, more like yogurt and nuts!

Lost about another 1.5kg this week, that’s 4.2kg since 29th Aug.

More impressively my blood glucose levels continue to decrease. Had my lowest reading so far this morning at 6.4 mmol/l. Really chuffed with that.

Tried a few more recipes from the book. Cougetti Prawns today. Not bad at all.

• posted by Strawbs
    on

I’ll join you… I’m starting tomorrow too!

on

AFTER DAY 11

Weight: 72.9 kg
    Walking 9,800 steps

Well done, Littlepete, on both the weight and blood glucose levels!
    Welcome, strawbs. 😊

• posted by bloke41
    on

Checking in for the week, week four done and dusted,

Current Weight 148.6 Kg
    Waist 147cm
    1.9kg loss for the week
    Total weight loss to date 11.3kg

Start Weight 159.9Kg
    Waist 158cm

Managed to stick to 1.5 hrs walk per day and sticking to the book exercises 3 times a week. Still managing to stay coffee & soft drink free. I have to confess dreaming about crusty bread, gave wifey evil look eating her crusty bread last night haha.
    One of the days felt very hungry in evening, the most in past 4 weeks, stick of sugar free gum helped a tad.

99kg goal, feels so far away, but continuing the battle…

Keep on keeping

• posted by AmyA
    on

I’m in! Just picked up Woman’s World magazine yesterday and decided to do it. Not very good at sticking to stuff but I really want it!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Great result there, bloke41. Your end target might still look a long way off, but look how far you’ve already come in just four weeks! And 1.9 kg per week is something many dieters would never be able to achieve, even in a month, let along a week. Hang on in there. You really are doing well. I commiserate on the bread though. Not something I fancy, but yesterday OH and friend had spaghetti with assorted deliciousnesses, and I wouldn’t have minded joining them at all.

And littlepete, you’re going great guns too. I don’t have to check my blood glucose levels, but I can imagine how much it must mean to you to see those going down. Really pleased for you.

Now, as for me, well I’m a disaster. My four weeks are up tomorrow. Have spent the past five days with my parents. As I’m getting married very soon and they can’t come (dad has dementia and both are very elderly, so can’t travel), I had to celebrate with them. They wouldn’t have understood if I’d said no to everything my mum put in front of me. Managed to avoid cream cake every day though… just. Anyway, I’ve got my books and OXO spiraliser but the pedometer still hadn’t arrived by the time I left. OH will be joining me on the diet after the wedding, but I’m going to continue in the meantime despite the break for my parents and for the wedding.

So yesterday’s figures are:
    84.9 kg
    + 0.6 kg
    Overall change -3.6 kg
    816 calories
    43 net carbs
    Brisk walk with dogs for 1 hour 15 minutes. OH amazed when I got back home so quickly. Need to do something like that more often.

The figures could have been worse, though. If I’d come on here yesterday, I’d have had to post a weight of 85.6. So up 0.6 kg overall this morning, but down 0.7 kg on yesterday. How does the song go? Accentuate the positive?

Edited to add: hello AmyA. Welcome to the gang!

• posted by eternallyoptimistic
    on

Got back from holiday late last night and was very nervous getting out of bed this morning – the scales awaited! I wasn’t too bad during the week. Managed to stay off starchy carbs and not go mad with portions. However, the nuts, olives and red wine every evening proved too hard to resist. Delighted (and dumbfounded) to report I lost a poundπŸ˜†. 8lbs lost so far. Now feeling so motivated to get back to (the new) normal and see if I can loose 2 more this week. Then I’ll be half way there.

I know my loss is very low and slow compared to a lot of you but I figure as long as we are all on the same path and heading in the same direction we can cheer each other on along the way.

On a practical note, does anyone know if there’s a way to sort these updates in reverse order – so the most recent posts appear first?

• posted by Antigone
    on

Splendid – Eternallyoptimistic! I’m away tomorrow so I shall be in the same boat soon!
    Good job Snoop – that’s a good result in just 4 weeks.
    Bloke41 – brilliant!
    Arthur – you are doing great also.
    Welcome Strawbs (are you a fan of the band or the fruit?) and AmyA. This time next week you will be thrilled!
    Later loosers! πŸ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.