Starting Monday 29th August. Anyone want to join me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all,

Tough task Snoop, when your away so hard to cook, gotta be envious of those that can eat like a horse and not put any weigh, just like my brother.

Aurora hoping for a speedy recovery, boy thats a spanner in a half. Batch cooking is a great idea.

54 hope you have fun in greece, one place ld love to visit. Can’t beat greek food

Week 30 of my journey, weighed in at 111.4kg yesterday morning, 3kg loss for the week, 53.4kg loss to date.
    Did something different went on longer water fast, lasted 4 days. Only planning to do the extended fast couple of times a year. My Melbourne trip comming up this week, away for a week, will be a challenge with mum & dads croatian cooking.

Have a good one all, remember never bloody give up, if you fall off the wagan get back on it!

• posted by Mandy1965
    on

Hi everyone
    I’m feeling a bit nervous as this way of life is very new to me. I saw this post and thought it would be good to join in if you will have me.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Mandy1965 I am sure you will be made welcome. Jump onto any thread if you have any questions or want to share your journey.

• posted by Mandy1965
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl. I’ve just been shopping so ready to start tomorrow.😀

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all,

Welcome Mandy good luck with your journey

Week 31 of my journey, weighed in at 112kg, 0.6kg gain for the week, 52.8kg loss to date. Did weigh in few days earlier on Friday before I left for Melbourne. Been crappy cold rainy weather but great to be with my family. So for been pretty good still got another 5 days to go, hopefully not to much damage is done .

Have a good one all, keep it going ….

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Mandy,
    Not sure if is the longest post thread but for some odd reason it’s now neigh the only one I post in! 😀
    I guess I’ve got to know the lovely people in here and we’ve got a mini ‘band of brothers’ going but you’re more than welcome here and I’m sure across the rest of this whole forum! 😀

I’ve been doing this way of eating for years now! I’ve dropped to 9st 7lbs (14lbs to a stone if you US based) and still trying to get back to 9st 2lb – where i was for a long time. And then to get to 8st 7-10lbs. My ‘perfect weight goal’…
    I’ve simplified the food as it’s just too expensive… and even shaved more off recently due to insane costs!
    I think my nemisis are dark choc and nuts these days. But I used to make the best most sugary dessert known to man. I have totally weaned myself of sugar and find it amazing! Amazing that I was able to do so and amazing at how I don’t miss it!
    Once in a blue moon I’ll make myself bread and have some honey or marmalade or some old home made jam in v small doses… and even then I know I’ll get a sugar ‘demand’ that has to be controlled!! These days I’m ready for it though… 😀

This will work if you stick to it. But you will likely plateau and just KEEP GOING. As this DOES work.
    Basic foods I mention are TONS of different veg but all lowest carb. Meat fish and chicken and cheeses. Even started to make my own cottage cheese when the milk goes off!! 😀
    Tons of different herbs and lots of salad and I have half a tomato in my daily salad. Grow my own lettuce and various other plants like tomato of which many have grown from left over seeds this year !
    I do various DIY things to keep fit… and cycle … usually. but you can get slim without going off to a gym but if you like it then good for you. Obviously it will build muscle and burn fat. 😀
    Relaly good luck. We’re a friendly bunch. 😀

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi guys, sorry for disappearing for so long. Had to go back to the UK for a while, followed by some Dutch visitors who can eat a three-course meal in a restaurant and feel ravenous five hours later and yet remain as a skinny as rakes.
    Feeling a lot calmer than I was. Trip to UK resolved a lot of things and stress levels much lower. Despite all the ready meals (only had a microwave for cooking in the UK) and the excesses with Dutch friends, I’ve only put on 200 g. Unbelievable. Tried to stay as mindful as possible under the circumstances and clearly that helped.
    Hello Mandy. Welcome to this thread, started by 54 on 29 August in 2016, so we’ve just passed our anniversary. We’re still here and we haven’t given up, and that in itself is a measure of success. Good luck, Mandy, and don’t hesitate to ask on this or other threads if you have any questions. Lots of friendly folk in these forums who gladly share their knowledge and experience.
    Went shopping with husband today. Bought smaller plates and bowls. Husband not very impressed by my strategy of smaller plates making smaller portions look larger. Only slightly mollified when I pointed out they’d be easier to wash up…

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all,
    Back from my trip away, Was great to be with family.
    Week 32 of my journey, weighed in at 111.4kg, 0.6kg loss for the week, 53.4kg loss to date.
    Ended up losing the weight I put on last week, glad there wasn’t any damage done.
    Smaller plates good idea snoop, though manged 2 plates this Arvo hence why so full now.

Have a good one!

• posted by Mandy1965
    on

Hi everyone. I really didn’t have a very good 1st week. I didn’t stick to the plan very well and only lost 2 lb.
    I chose to try this way of eating as a friend of mine has had really good results. He was advised by his doctor to try this eating plan. In 5 weeks he has lost nearly 2 stone and is looking so healthy and slimmer. I’ve got a foreign holiday in October and would really like to lose a little bit of weight before them. So I’ve got my books out and am now meal planning for this week. Onwards and upwards 😀😀

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all,
    Week 33 of my journey, weighed in at 110.7.kg, 0.7g loss for the week, 54.1kg loss to date.
    Been sticking with the walking and exercises. Felt really hungry today though managed to push back my one meal to 6pm today.

Have a good one and keep it going

on

Blooming heck Bloke41 by my calculations that is around 120 lbs loss. Well done.

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Bloke 41
    A huge Well Done!! So hard but stick at it…
    I’m trying to make a concerted effort to lose my last stone (14lbs) but I seem to be struggling this last week. Various emotional issues in various directions and a hand injury now just to add to my ankle mess. One day I’ll figure out how to ‘process emotions’ properly in order to no comfort eat! 🙁 😀

Many 1965 – give it time… it DOES work but we all lose weight at different rates. depends on what exercise you do and how much and how much muscle weight you’re adding on to fat loss and so on and on….
    I just do it ‘my way’ at my rate. I did about 2 stone over 8 weeks with little exercise. And I’ve one more stone to go… and I’d lost 4lb but did my awful comfort eat. Not the bad stuff I’d have had before but nuts and dark choc… but I’m working on it and I’m currently trying to do heaps of DIY to get a garden room/ shed finished before my ankle op. So working hard each day. 😀
    And it’ll depend too on how accurate you weigh food and what your metabolic rate is and so on… I just simplify it all now down to simple food with simple ingredients! Leaves me eating similar food but that seems to work for me OK. I can now retain my weight OK so know I just need to get more committed and feel in a good place to try that much harder.. it’s not a perfect science! 😀

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all
    Thanks Sunshine & Aurora, been a hard slog but determined to keep going
    Week 34 of my journey, weighed in at 107.50.kg, 3.2 kg loss for the week, 57.3kg loss to date.
    Much more walking and exercising this week mostly did omad

Have a good one all and remember never Bloody give up!

on

Keep on keeping on Bloke41, You are proof that this works but if it was easy everyone would be super slim. Mandy1965 2lbs is a good enough start although I think maybe you made some slight mistakes either with type or amounts of food. Or sometimes things are more calorific than you think or too many carbs like an apple at 29 grams of carbs. When you get the hang of it it will become easier and you will see results. Just aim for a lowish target like maybe 7lbs in 4 weeks and then keep adding to that. Although I have been on the diet for 6 years I still have to re-calculate things when I get a bit sloppy or forget to add something. Obviously I dont do 800 cals all the time but as a diabetic I always avoid carbs and it works for me. Maybe you could post a daily food diary on here or on the weekly thread to see what is going on. As I said to Bloke just keep on keeping on…

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all
    On my 4th day of a 5 day fast. Struggled yesterday, thankfully better today. Looking forward to dinner tomorrow. I’m working up to a 7 day fast, hoping to try that next year, ideally do that couple times a year.
    Week 35 of my journey, weighed in at 105.2kg, 2.3 kg loss for the week, 59.6kg loss to date.
    Did a couple of big walks this weekend, spa afterwards was fab. Have a good one keep on keeping!

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all, this week stack of weight came back on after aextended fast. Bit disappointing, still stuck with my exercises.
    Week 36 of my journey, weighed in at 107.9kg, 2.7 kg Gain for the week, 56.9kg loss to date.

Have a good one all and never ever give up.

on

Hi bloke, it is because you are not supposed to go for such long periods without food. Once you started to eat again your body had a big sigh of relief and said ‘Im hanging onto this just in case I starve again’. Short bursts of fasting are more effective because just when your body thinks it is being starved it gets fed and can relax without hanging onto or trying to store up fat. I think the longest fast you should attempt is 2 days.

Dont let the gain put you off. Do what you were doing before, it worked – and dont bloody give up. Or as I say – keep on keeping on…

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all,

This week concentrated on increasing my steps. Did 2 days 2mad and reminder omad.
    Week 37 of my journey, weighed in at 104.5kg, 3.4 kg loss for the week, 60.3kg loss to date. Hard work paid of this week.
    Hope your doing well sunshine. I also think you shouldn’t do longer fast to often. Wasn’t really doing it for weight loss, more so to try reduce inflammation and kill of damaged cells and trying to introduce healthy cells with good food in refeeding stage.

Have a good one all, like someone said once keep on keeping on….

on

Bloke41 I dont do fasts at all. I am diabetic and I would fall over 🙂 Most I do is 14 or 16 hours overnight.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all, hows everyone going?

Just locked in our chrissy plans, up to the inlaws to Tamworth for Christmas, taking the dog with us for 8 hr drive, lucky he falls a sleep in the car. Then when we get back home, flying down to melbourne for new years to catch up with my folks & family.

Had a go this week at making sauerkruat for first time on my own, just a small batch, least another week to go before its ready. Dad still makes it in a massive barrel every year which normally last for the whole year. So much better than the store stuff you buy. Also had a go at making beef jerky for the first time, turned out really good, though not sure whether it will make me overeat, very moreish.

Sunshine, good gap there without eating.

Week 38 of my journey, weighed in at 103.8kg, 0.7 kg loss for the week, 61kg loss to date. Much more food this week, though still managed to do 3 days 2MAD & rest OMAD.

Have a good one, until next time , off to do my steps…..

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hello bloke41.
    Fell right off the bandwagon this summer while helping my mum back in the UK. She’s now in my brother’s care, so am back home and easing into it again.
    Will be heading back to the UK for Christmas, but am back on track for the next couple of months or so. I’ve been looking back at your posts. 61 kg loss is amazing. Looks like you’ve got next to nothing to go to hit your target. Congratulations.
    Looks like 54 hasn’t dropped in for a bit either. Glad to see sunshine-girl has been keeping you company recently. Sorry for abandoning you.
    I keep thinking about making kimchi but am terrified of killing us all with food poisoning. Can’t even begin to imagine making beef jerky.
    Catch you next week. Meanwhile, thanks for the inspiration.

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day Snoop,

Good to hear from you, I might have to have a go at kimchi, stuff at the store has heap of carbs in it and vegie oil.

Still got 4 or so kg to go to reach my goal, then the tough stuff for me begins, maintaing phase.
    Had take out Friday night, indian beef vindaloo without the rice and lamb skewers with mint yoghurt, yum. Then for saturday date night went out for Thai, had chilli and basil beef and chicken satay sticks, was really good.
    Week 39 of my journey, weighed in at 102.6kg, 1.2 kg loss for the week, 62.2kg loss to date. Managed to do 2 days 2MAD & rest OMAD this week..
    Have a good one, and remember never Bloody give up!

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all,

Finally some sunny weather this week. We went off to Sunday markets got some veg and farm eggs, heap people about.

Week 40 of my journey, weighed in at 102.3kg, 0.30 kg loss for the week, 62.5kg loss to date .

Back to work have a good one!

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all

Hope you all been well. Did another batch of sauerkraut, and bottled up the last batch. Looking forward to have some with dinner
    Week 41 of my journey, weighed in at 101.5kg, 0.80 kg loss for the week, 63.3kg loss to date .
    Edging closer to my goal.
    Doing the menu tonight for our 4 day trip to inlaws for Xmas, the year sure goes fast.
    Have a good one all!

• posted by bloke41
    on

How’s everyone going?

Edging closer to Chrissy looking forward to spending time with family.
    Week 42 of my journey, weighed in at 99.70kg, 1.80 kg loss for the week, 65.1kg loss to date . Been 5 years since single digits, feeling great gotta pinch my self. Another 0.70 kg to I get to my 99kg goal. Think I will reassess it and strive to stabilise around 85 to 90kg, no lower for my body type.
    Have a Good one all and remember never Bloody give up!

on

Keep going bloke41. you have lost almost as much as I weigh so you should be very proud to be a whole person lighter.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Thanks Sunshine-Girl, feeling hell of a lot better, I remember starting this journey again like yesterday, on 25th Jan. Was to overwhelming, hopefully this time I can conquer maintenance.

Week 43 of my journey, weighed in at 99.70kg, no gain or loss for the week , 65.1kg loss to date. Pretty happy with that considering, went out few my times for dinner and generally had bigger meals. Though I really ramped up my walking averaging 15k to 20k steps a day.

Have a good one all.

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all.
    Just back from 90 min walk, went to the shops, going to air-dry some hot salami, and roast up some pork crackle.
    Week 44 of my journey, weighed in at 98.80kg, 0.90 kg loss for the week, 66kg loss to date.
    Finally got to my goal weight, been hard slog. Next goal im aiming for is 90kg. I think it’s doable. Have a good one, and remember never bloody give up!

• posted by Never Give Up
    on

Hello Bloke41 – huge well done on getting to your goal weight and then setting another!
    I have a long way to go but you are an inspiration, thank you.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Congratulations, bloke41. That is an absolutely tremendous achievement. Me, I’ve been struggling. Haven’t given up though, and your mantra is often on my mind.
    Guess you need a whole new wardrobe for Christmas, not just socks! 🙂

on

Well done Bloke41. Knew you could do it. I am stuck at a very comfortable weight but would like a couple more pounds before the madness starts so I have room to loosen my belt. All the best for your next goal.

• posted by RubyG
    on

Post reported

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all,

Thanks sunshine-Girl, Snoop & Never Give up, much appreciated.

Had to get my slimmer cloths out , one of the perks of the not so good yoyo dieter mantra.

Week 45 of my journey, weighed in at 99.30kg, 0.50 kg gain for the week, 65.5kg loss to date.
    Serving sizes were massive past week, couldnt help my self after having lamb roast, pork roast & beef roast during the week. Least l managed to avoid the carbs and sugars. Have to be more mindful this week and leading up to xmas, considering ive been shocking around the holiday period in the past. Back to omad for a little while.
    Keep up the great work all & remember bloody never give up!

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all,

Had my work Xmas party I stuck to steak and salad,thankfully.
    Week 46 of my journey, weighed in at 97.80kg, 1.50 kg loss for the week, 67kg loss to date.

Ended up fasting 2 days, had bad cravings afterwards.Hasnt happend in long while.

Have a good one all!

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all,

Hope you all been well. Got back from weekend away, we both needed it Not to much damage thankfully.
    Week 47 of my journey, weighed in at 98.00kg, 0.20 kg gain for the week, 66.8 kg loss to date.
    Going to do Rd trip to inlaws for Chrissy then flying to my folks for new year. Looking forward to it.

Have a fantastic Christmas!

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi everyone (sorry for being so general!)
    I wish you all a very Happy Christmas !
    Hope you enjoy whatever you eat but most of all enjoy the friends and family around you.
    If you’re alone I hope you too have a great day doing everything you enjoy! 😁
    If you have to work then I’m sorry but hope the work is rewarding and enjoyable…

I’m doing ok but had some slips lately. Been back on track though and don’t plan to divert off for xmas.
    Sadly I need to put in more concentrated work to lose my ‘last stone’ next year!!!
    Take care and hopefully stay warm and hope you all have enough to eat!!

Happy Christmas and a Wonderful New Year! Xx

• posted by bloke41
    on

Day all,

Got back from our Xmas trip, was good to catch up.

Week 48 of my journey, weighed in at 97.90kg, 0.10 kg loss for the week, 66.9 kg loss to date.

Have a good one!

• posted by 54andfatnomore
    on

Sorry not been reporting in as Ive had a mix of hospital trips and ‘complete forced rest’ etc etc
    Been a bit of journey over the last 20 or so years with a fractured spine and had a flare up which knocked me sideways in a number of ways

Luckily back to being able to sit up for a decent amount of time so keen to get back on track ‘again’ and head towards some 2023 targets.

This for me means a REBOOT of the original 8 weeks starting today !!!

Christmas chocs all given away (Sad face) shortbread biscuits present given to my family and last drop of alcohol had (for at least 8 weeks !!)

Ive joined Weight Watchers at £10 a month just for the ‘public weigh in’ !! (No hiding there then !!)

First report shortly

Good to see you Snoop, Sunshine, Never give up, Aurora et al

totally inspired by you BLOKE 41 well done

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi all Inc Mandy
    Just cooking my ‘veg and salmon tonight so on my mobile.
    Had lots of stress the last 3wks. Sadly means I slipped back into some comfort eating… my terrible nemesis!
    Things are a bit easier now but have gained several pounds which seems crazy in just a few weeks but sat at my desk… and so on. .
    So ‘me too’ I’ll be back on my strict diet asap.. which in reality is ‘tomorrow’.
    So Mandy I lost 2 stone over around 3mths … everyone loses at different rates. I have no idea how some can lose so much so quickly!!
    But I’ve been on maintenance for a while. But we can all have hard times and failures to. .but I know what to do and sort myself out again. I’d wanted to lose weight my last 10lbs, but found it hard ‘with everything going on’ to ‘commit’ so just kept to maintenance.
    But this way of eating does work.
    I’ve just had too many chocs and nuts.
    I’ll be back on DIY work soon and this will help too.
    We have neigh all been through the ‘plateau’ period where we seem ‘stuck’ at a weight. But we do always get through this by sticking to the diet and plodding on! 😀
    It does work! 😀
    Onwards and upwards! 😀 Good luck x

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all, good to see you back 54, hang in there mate I’m sure you can do it again, great idea to join ww. Keep it going Aurora we all have little slip ups, I’ve had some major ones along the way.
    Just waiting for my flight to Melbourne, bit of time to to chew up, the folks are excited.

Week 49 of my journey, weighed in at 97.20kg, 0.70 kg loss for the week, 67.8 kg loss to date.
    Celebrating the new year with the lightest Ive been since my 30s.
    Have a happy and safe new year and remember never Bloody give up!

on

Happy New year all !!

Yes the key is (and I quote) “Never Bloody Give Up”

My new start weight is 22stone 10lds (Old money)

I look at that and think ‘what a lot’
    Positives: Ive lost 3 stone this year and Im still losing !! (though slowly)

also lots to lose so just need to focus etc etc

……and you Aurora thx

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi 54 and Bloke41,

Yeah it can feel demoralising …
    Sadly ‘me too’ in the last few days which I find a tad baffling I’ve gained pounds! OMG yet my main indulgance was just before xmas – so it’s like it’s slowly accumulated over this period.
    Oh well… I KNOW what to do and that is so so key but I am rather shocked.
    I do ‘think’ I know what to do for my diet but a thorough check of the (Low blood sugar diet – by Dr MM) reminds me clearly that I have been a little over …
    So I’ll follow it far more religiously but as before money is really tight and so Dr MM’s indulgent food choices most of us just cannot afford. So I stripped it down before to the bare minimum and will do so again.
    So we know this works and no matter how demoralising it can be to see our weight up again… I know I dared to eat a bit too much each day and then ‘dared to’ sick some chocs. And yet I know I ‘cannot get away with it’ … and yet I did so! So sadly I only have myself to blame – again! Still this time I hope to be really strict this month and try so hard to lose all that I can. For me it’s about a stone a month but I have to do my tax return which I find so stressful and that’s when I so so want to eat! 🙁
    So have reminded myself how yummy blueberries and the Tesco greek yog is with some linseed type sprinkling and a few almond pieces… and so ‘back on the diet’ in earnest, and yet again a whole stone (14lbs) to lose as a minimum!
    I so so so want to get to 8st 7lbs but have never managed to achieve it. Maybe this year.. ?? As long as I get back to 9st then I’m OK. But would rather lose more and especially as I’ll have an Op later this year on my pesky ankle.
    So yep fella’s… let’s get serious about our ‘body care’ and go to it. I know how proud I felt and have let things slip for just a bit too long! Got some DIY ahead too for about 8wks and this will help (after the pesky tax ret!)! 😀
    ‘We DO deserve’ to be thin and happy.! 😀

on

Chin Up Aurora

Look where you’ve been and look where you ‘could have been’ and ‘want to go’

Little changes. A little less here, a little difference there seems to work

I too ‘swap out’ stupidly expensive things !!

The new updated menu / recipie book is more down to earth. I still plan my week in advance and I now try my own 800 calorie days based on normal supermarket stuff (Im a great yellow label shopper and batch cooker /freezer person now !!) etc etc

• posted by Snoop
    on

Evening all.
    Bloke41, you’re a proper inspiration. All I’ve managed this last year is not to weigh more than I did at the start of it… Not had as many difficulties to cope with as you either, 54. So no excuses that stand up to close inspection. Anyway, never bloody giving up.
    Happy 2023 everyone.

on

Hi All

First update since re start

Very happy that I have achieved my weekly target of a 4 pound loss (in line with the 8 week losses that people seem to achieve on the BSD !!)
    It is hard to focus on healthy food and I had lapsed into bad snacking which is my downfall !!
    Bad eating of Christmas and excess drink at new year is now in the past and I hope my week-by-week approach will work well !!

Never Bloody give up is the way forward !!

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all,

Hope you all had a fab new year. Was good to spend it at the folks for first time in 12 years.

54, well done mate keep at it, one day at a time. Aurora, the journey has many twists and turns l know you can get back on it. Snoop youve done very well not to gain anything during the year considering the things you gone through. Its a win in my books. I wish l could do that when im on maintenance but historically always piled it back on very quickly.

Week 50 & 51 of my journey, weighed in at 97.70kg, 0.50 kg gain for the 2 weeks, 67.3 kg loss to date.
    Missed weigh in last week, being with the folks. I was surprised l didnt put on more, l ate so much stuff, though avoided carbs and sugars totally. Only thing l really did different was eat hell a lot of hard cheese. I think im going to try to avoid consuming cheeses for know, easier said than done. Holiday seasons always been bad for me, usually pile it on big time, l’l take this years as a win.

On side note finally back in the office, been long haul, working from home since feb 2022 flood. I sure dont like the travel time and getting ready for work bit, though good to interact with people.

Take care all, heres to a great 2023 for all and remember never Bloody give up!

on

Hi Team

hope you all well and ‘sticking with it!’

Good to see you Bloke

getting back into an office is quite strange at first but after the C thing I found it quite a relief to chat to others and get away from THE HOUSE !!

I love hard cheese (soft cheese, runny cheese, in fact any cheese) also and am aware of its very high risk factor

I don’t say NO to cheese but I’m trying HARD to stick to meal planning and following the 8 week menu scheme and NO snacks so CHEESE as such doesn’t come up at the moment !!

NEW WEEK 2 weigh in this morning and again please to say still on target with the targeted 4 pound weight loss (Now 22:02)

So well down from my top 15 Stone plus original start and 8 pound down since NEW START 2 !!

Hopefully, the sun will come out soon and we can all get some low cost exercise in !!

on

I do find it MUCH harder the second time around not to be tempted by high calorie snacks all the time and ‘going off piste’

on

Hi 54andfatnomore, I have recently read that when you first start a diet you get an adrenalin rush because you are excited and looking forward to something new. This wears off after a few days and you are left to willpower. Second time around you dont have that excitement and you are probably also dealing with past disappointment so it is harder to stick to and be enthusiastic. Give yourself a visual talking to. Imagine how you will be faced with food/snacks and saying no. Imagine how good you will feel and what success looks like. It is believed that actually walking through a scene like seeing yourself in a lovely dress or on a beach makes your brain actually desire that. I am seriously trying these tricks and hints and so far I am succeeding in sticking with dry January – a bit airy fairy but worth a go.

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all,
    Well done 54 keep sticking at it, I found it hard 2nd time around at the start, just takes a while to form a good habit. Good stuff sunshine staying dry for January.
    Week 52 of my journey, weighed in at 97.00kg, 0.70 kg loss for the week. 67.80kg loss to date.
    Weights really stalled under 100kg, been up and down for couple months. Have to look at my portion sizes, and avoid cheeses as I can’t seem to moderate that.
    Have a good one all, keep at it we can do it!

Please log in or register to post a reply.