Starting Monday 29th August. Anyone want to join me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all,

Tough task Snoop, when your away so hard to cook, gotta be envious of those that can eat like a horse and not put any weigh, just like my brother.

Aurora hoping for a speedy recovery, boy thats a spanner in a half. Batch cooking is a great idea.

54 hope you have fun in greece, one place ld love to visit. Can’t beat greek food

Week 30 of my journey, weighed in at 111.4kg yesterday morning, 3kg loss for the week, 53.4kg loss to date.
    Did something different went on longer water fast, lasted 4 days. Only planning to do the extended fast couple of times a year. My Melbourne trip comming up this week, away for a week, will be a challenge with mum & dads croatian cooking.

Have a good one all, remember never bloody give up, if you fall off the wagan get back on it!

• posted by Mandy1965
    on

Hi everyone
    I’m feeling a bit nervous as this way of life is very new to me. I saw this post and thought it would be good to join in if you will have me.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi Mandy1965 I am sure you will be made welcome. Jump onto any thread if you have any questions or want to share your journey.

• posted by Mandy1965
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl. I’ve just been shopping so ready to start tomorrow.😀

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all,

Welcome Mandy good luck with your journey

Week 31 of my journey, weighed in at 112kg, 0.6kg gain for the week, 52.8kg loss to date. Did weigh in few days earlier on Friday before I left for Melbourne. Been crappy cold rainy weather but great to be with my family. So for been pretty good still got another 5 days to go, hopefully not to much damage is done .

Have a good one all, keep it going ….

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Mandy,
    Not sure if is the longest post thread but for some odd reason it’s now neigh the only one I post in! 😀
    I guess I’ve got to know the lovely people in here and we’ve got a mini ‘band of brothers’ going but you’re more than welcome here and I’m sure across the rest of this whole forum! 😀

I’ve been doing this way of eating for years now! I’ve dropped to 9st 7lbs (14lbs to a stone if you US based) and still trying to get back to 9st 2lb – where i was for a long time. And then to get to 8st 7-10lbs. My ‘perfect weight goal’…
    I’ve simplified the food as it’s just too expensive… and even shaved more off recently due to insane costs!
    I think my nemisis are dark choc and nuts these days. But I used to make the best most sugary dessert known to man. I have totally weaned myself of sugar and find it amazing! Amazing that I was able to do so and amazing at how I don’t miss it!
    Once in a blue moon I’ll make myself bread and have some honey or marmalade or some old home made jam in v small doses… and even then I know I’ll get a sugar ‘demand’ that has to be controlled!! These days I’m ready for it though… 😀

This will work if you stick to it. But you will likely plateau and just KEEP GOING. As this DOES work.
    Basic foods I mention are TONS of different veg but all lowest carb. Meat fish and chicken and cheeses. Even started to make my own cottage cheese when the milk goes off!! 😀
    Tons of different herbs and lots of salad and I have half a tomato in my daily salad. Grow my own lettuce and various other plants like tomato of which many have grown from left over seeds this year !
    I do various DIY things to keep fit… and cycle … usually. but you can get slim without going off to a gym but if you like it then good for you. Obviously it will build muscle and burn fat. 😀
    Relaly good luck. We’re a friendly bunch. 😀

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi guys, sorry for disappearing for so long. Had to go back to the UK for a while, followed by some Dutch visitors who can eat a three-course meal in a restaurant and feel ravenous five hours later and yet remain as a skinny as rakes.
    Feeling a lot calmer than I was. Trip to UK resolved a lot of things and stress levels much lower. Despite all the ready meals (only had a microwave for cooking in the UK) and the excesses with Dutch friends, I’ve only put on 200 g. Unbelievable. Tried to stay as mindful as possible under the circumstances and clearly that helped.
    Hello Mandy. Welcome to this thread, started by 54 on 29 August in 2016, so we’ve just passed our anniversary. We’re still here and we haven’t given up, and that in itself is a measure of success. Good luck, Mandy, and don’t hesitate to ask on this or other threads if you have any questions. Lots of friendly folk in these forums who gladly share their knowledge and experience.
    Went shopping with husband today. Bought smaller plates and bowls. Husband not very impressed by my strategy of smaller plates making smaller portions look larger. Only slightly mollified when I pointed out they’d be easier to wash up…

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all,
    Back from my trip away, Was great to be with family.
    Week 32 of my journey, weighed in at 111.4kg, 0.6kg loss for the week, 53.4kg loss to date.
    Ended up losing the weight I put on last week, glad there wasn’t any damage done.
    Smaller plates good idea snoop, though manged 2 plates this Arvo hence why so full now.

Have a good one!

• posted by Mandy1965
    on

Hi everyone. I really didn’t have a very good 1st week. I didn’t stick to the plan very well and only lost 2 lb.
    I chose to try this way of eating as a friend of mine has had really good results. He was advised by his doctor to try this eating plan. In 5 weeks he has lost nearly 2 stone and is looking so healthy and slimmer. I’ve got a foreign holiday in October and would really like to lose a little bit of weight before them. So I’ve got my books out and am now meal planning for this week. Onwards and upwards 😀😀

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all,
    Week 33 of my journey, weighed in at 110.7.kg, 0.7g loss for the week, 54.1kg loss to date.
    Been sticking with the walking and exercises. Felt really hungry today though managed to push back my one meal to 6pm today.

Have a good one and keep it going

on

Blooming heck Bloke41 by my calculations that is around 120 lbs loss. Well done.

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Bloke 41
    A huge Well Done!! So hard but stick at it…
    I’m trying to make a concerted effort to lose my last stone (14lbs) but I seem to be struggling this last week. Various emotional issues in various directions and a hand injury now just to add to my ankle mess. One day I’ll figure out how to ‘process emotions’ properly in order to no comfort eat! 🙁 😀

Many 1965 – give it time… it DOES work but we all lose weight at different rates. depends on what exercise you do and how much and how much muscle weight you’re adding on to fat loss and so on and on….
    I just do it ‘my way’ at my rate. I did about 2 stone over 8 weeks with little exercise. And I’ve one more stone to go… and I’d lost 4lb but did my awful comfort eat. Not the bad stuff I’d have had before but nuts and dark choc… but I’m working on it and I’m currently trying to do heaps of DIY to get a garden room/ shed finished before my ankle op. So working hard each day. 😀
    And it’ll depend too on how accurate you weigh food and what your metabolic rate is and so on… I just simplify it all now down to simple food with simple ingredients! Leaves me eating similar food but that seems to work for me OK. I can now retain my weight OK so know I just need to get more committed and feel in a good place to try that much harder.. it’s not a perfect science! 😀

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all
    Thanks Sunshine & Aurora, been a hard slog but determined to keep going
    Week 34 of my journey, weighed in at 107.50.kg, 3.2 kg loss for the week, 57.3kg loss to date.
    Much more walking and exercising this week mostly did omad

Have a good one all and remember never Bloody give up!

on

Keep on keeping on Bloke41, You are proof that this works but if it was easy everyone would be super slim. Mandy1965 2lbs is a good enough start although I think maybe you made some slight mistakes either with type or amounts of food. Or sometimes things are more calorific than you think or too many carbs like an apple at 29 grams of carbs. When you get the hang of it it will become easier and you will see results. Just aim for a lowish target like maybe 7lbs in 4 weeks and then keep adding to that. Although I have been on the diet for 6 years I still have to re-calculate things when I get a bit sloppy or forget to add something. Obviously I dont do 800 cals all the time but as a diabetic I always avoid carbs and it works for me. Maybe you could post a daily food diary on here or on the weekly thread to see what is going on. As I said to Bloke just keep on keeping on…

• posted by bloke41
    on

G’day all
    On my 4th day of a 5 day fast. Struggled yesterday, thankfully better today. Looking forward to dinner tomorrow. I’m working up to a 7 day fast, hoping to try that next year, ideally do that couple times a year.
    Week 35 of my journey, weighed in at 105.2kg, 2.3 kg loss for the week, 59.6kg loss to date.
    Did a couple of big walks this weekend, spa afterwards was fab. Have a good one keep on keeping!

Please log in or register to post a reply.