Starting Monday 29th August. Anyone want to join me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Yes indeed, 54! How’s your back and how is the borderline diabetes? I’m just beginning a fast to Kickstart me into some reality, as my blood sugar higher than it should be.

• posted by 54andfatnomore
    on

Back still a pain Julia, not quite walking properly yet but get out for swims

Im heading to the gym next week to see if that helps

Still borderline at the moment but blood test end aug !!

• posted by Snoop
    on

Yes, still here. Sort of. I’ve dropped a tiny bit, nothing worth mentioning, but at least I’m not putting more back on.
    I cannot for the life of me manage the fast 800. Too much trouble for my stomach. So I’m just going slowly, trying to remain mindful, though not always succeeding. Am definitely far more active than I used to be, so that’s one thing at least.
    How are you guys doing?

• posted by LindaA
    on

I’m still here – although currently in lockdown in Sydney so getting lots of walking, luckily I live close to the bush so lots of trails to choose from.

I stayed keto after losing my 40kgs and have managed to stay within my goal weight for the last 5 years, give or take 3kgs. I love this way of eating and would never go back to eating non vegetable carbs.

My body tells me when I’ve eaten too much dairy as I get bloated and I feel ‘puffy’, but it doesn’t take long to get back to normal when I give it up again.

Walking isn’t enough to keep me flexible so I’ve taken up yoga again (in a spare bedroom watching YouTube – no gyms for us for a while!). My 61 yo body needs to stay moving.

Stay well everyone.

Cheers
    Linda

• posted by FreshStart
    on

Yes! I will join you! I really need to look after myself better, with food and exercise. And need some health buddies to do it with 🙂

• posted by Libbyb
    on

Starting today as well! 10kg to lose, lower Blood Sugar and cholesterol done this before and it works so well! Just got to maintain once I reach my goals!!
    Great to have a buddy no need for luck you got this!

on

Hello

Anyone still out there

Christmas is on the way (Again!)

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi, 54. Still here but doing desperately badly. In fact, my husband and I have just been talking about our weight problem this morning. Just need to start and stick at it.
    How are you doing?

• posted by 63Elaine
    on

Hi Everyone, I forgot my password and then made a horlicks of trying to get back on the forum…anyway no.1 son to my rescue…
    When I started the 800 years ago, my HbA1C went down to 32 (I think acceptable is 48), and stopped diabetic medication for 2 years. Then COVID19 happened and my OH became master baker and chef with only me to appreciate his attempts. So up went the weight HbA1C up to 53 and back on medication.
    Now back on 800 for 2 weeks and weighing the lowest I’ve weighed for 20 years…so I’m very motivated to do another 6 weeks.
    Unlike you guys, I don’t do well counting calories and make each individual meal. I do 3 replacement drinks and a salad or soup. In 2 weeks I’ve lost a stone, so happy!!! 6 more weeks…

• posted by Verano
    on

Elaine hello. Well done on your weight loss so far.
    I don’t want to rain on your parade but carbs, not weight, are really the secret to keeping blood sugar in the normal range. Have you read Prof Taylor’s book? He talks about personal ‘set weight’ above which carbs really effect blood sugar. I’m quite overweight but keep my carbs low to medium now. My HbA1c was never much over 46 with metformin, but with medium/low carbs I have been drug free with HbA1c in the low 30’s for 4+ years.
    Don’t count calories, just count carbs as you know bread, pasta, rice and potatoes plus processed foods are really off limits. No easy way round this for those of us with blood sugar issues!
    Anyway, best of luck and enjoy your journey back the 30’s!

on

Hi Snoop

Good to see you still here

It is a case of keeping at it and not getting bored or trying not to fancy other stuff

I try to stick with the diet plan and then end up eating everything in the fridge that the rest of the family don’t eat before it is thrown away !! so I then have to work meals around 800 calls a day.. I try to substitute the left overs into my menu plan (Tricky with Pizza even if it is wholemeal !!)

I then have a very good spell when the cats get the left over stuff and I stick to the diet plan

I try to keep away from anything ‘white’ My sister in New Zealand is a great support as she and her husband started this ‘years’ before me and are both at their target weight. They also FAST 800 and have become good at this also

@63elaine Do try to keep tabs on salaries at least. I don’t count carbs but aim at 800 calls a day which seems to work for me . I also follow the recipe 800 books (800, FAST, EASY) as this gives the variety I need

I also have ‘off piste’ weeks where I make my own meals up with 800 calls a day (This keeps me sane and gets rid of cravings/desires/fancies)

@verano Yes you are right carbs are important. I started 800 just to lose weight not for diabetes reasons I had a BIG dip into the diabetic range with one blood test 2 years ago and every test since has been ‘normal’

I count calories because its easy for me to plan a week with 800 a day in mind and find if I stay at this range then the weight comes off. I was told not to lose weight as quickly as I was so aim at 2 lbs a week to be happy

see you next time

on

@ 63 elaine

I LOVE BREAD !!!

Cant help it, breadmaker, sliced shop etc etc anything goes. Not just a slice the whole loaf !!

I cut down to only wholemeal and still ate loads

I now have to cut it out completely (Bread of all types)

This is working (3 months and counting !!)

• posted by 63Elaine
    on

Hi 54, Snoop, Verano…thanks for all the advice…I continue to be motivated which is pleasing. Wednesday was weigh in for me…and I was pleased with the result…

But too much happiness can derail one. So Wednesday night was not good, I had my favourite, fried fish. It is hard when it is dark and cold, you’ve been very busy with an 17 month old, and then out to do a spot of auditing, excuses, excuses, but back on it now… I was surprised how quickly I got on the wagon, without too much trouble.
    I think there is a little gremlin that fights one to get back to a “safer” weight….which, of course, is not a safe/healthy weight…
    Roll on Wednesday!!

on

@63elaine

Its always hard to not have what you fancy

I have times when I stick to the 8 week menu in the book like glue

but if I don’t like one of the meals I happily switch it out for a favourite. I just make sure the TOTAL calories for the day ar about 800 + or –

So for example, Ill have a scone with a friend (yes !!) in the morning and then a very small healthy low calories meal from the book in the evening

This works for me cos I don’t do it all the time and I look to average 800 calls

I know its white flour and I know its carbs but Im here for weight loss and this prevents me from having a huge meal just for the sake of it !!

Hope this helps

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi eternallyoptimistic and all,
    I’ve not posted in here for some time.
    I still do the diet and mostly kept off the weight. I drink around 6 cups of tea and I love my whole milk. 😀
    However a recent birthday saw me with a huge cake all alone on ‘my day’ (talking of loneliness) so I decided that I would treat myself.
    I was a very yummy carrot cake. I did find friends to share the cake with – I had to take it to them – then one complained that he didn’t get much! Anyway it re-triggered my sugar addiction.
    Not hugely bit ‘it’s there’ I know just yesterday I crazed liquorice! I resisted but my big stumbling block has been chocolate as I’d stopped everything else bar the fruit and Greek yoghurt. But I went off that an wanted more sugar. As I happened to be tidying up I happened on some old sweets and yep had them … which I would never ever have done just two months ago.
    I started this way of eating around 3 or so years ago.
    I know for 100% I can get back and lose the pounds that I put on and I know I have to try harder – again.
    I simplified the diet as half to food is just far too expensive and dear Dr MM is just out of touch with most of us who simply cannot justify steak etc! Or eat 1/4 can of beans and let the rest go mouldy. So I’d use up the can that week.
    So I’ve tweaked it to a simpler meat/fish/chicken and veg at night. various brunches and or brekky and lunch.
    I don’t bother to carb or calorie count any more as I roughly know what I’m doing these days and know my general diet is fine for ‘holding weight’ as long as I am moderately generally active. (eg DIY stuff and life) I don’t especially exercise …. when I ge the chance I play a little tennis and do a little cycling.
    So as long as you get the principals right it works. I’ve been off sugar (until my short recent bout and a great reminder how addictive I really am to it!) since around April 2019 …
    Sometimes I do fancy some soda bread which I now make (I use lemon and milk to get the butter milk as I found that works better than the vinegar and milk suggestions) and it’s OK and lovely to have just a little toast now and then.
    I’m now trying to get good enough to then slice and freeze the soda and try that so I don’t binge on it.
    It is like I’m addicted to sugar and all things sweet! I have to work at it for my life I reckon! So it has to be no, no, no and no!
    I do find as the winter kicks back in now cold food like lunch salad is a lot harder… so I tend to have eggs and side salad bits or just the eggs cheese and tomato (half) and 1 mushroom and a bit of red pepper. 😀 That works well ! I even added radish into the pan too.

on

hello

Hi again Aurora

good to see you still active

I have to avoid bread of all times as I have no willpower at all and I don’t miss it at all when I’m used to not having it (There is logic these somewhere)

I do like a salad even in winter, so add warm chicken or fish or something etc etc

I love coffee with whole milk. I have one full caffeine in the morning to get me started and then the rest of the day is de caf etc etc

I too simplify the menus and switch them around so nothing is wasted or simply have the same meal twice a week (our freezer is full as I make 4 and freeze 3 if its a for 4 recipe!!)

I do count calories and know 800 a day is doable but I like to fast as well and find a big meal about 5 and small eats before that after 9 works well for me

I have stopped drinking which again I don’t miss and still have ‘cake day’ once a week with friends !

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hiya 54
    Yeah it’s only the last few months where I’ve ‘missed’ bread so I knew soda bread was an option and when I was with my sister (who has worked out so well how to eat and stay trim) she’d have one slice of a tiny ‘loaf’ and be happy.
    I’ve been so good learning to say NO to everything bar the basic foods on the lists !
    Sadly I’m less keen on salads in winter when my room is 14degrees so I default to meat/fish and veg.

Recently I know I’ve struggled. I think the bout of sugar from birthday treats do recreate the ‘hot wires’ in your brain.
    I don’t know if others caught the UK program :
    “Look what a month of eating processed food did to me! It’s what millions of us – including children – eat every day. But as Dr Chris van Tulleken discovered in a BBC experiment, it’s making us fatter, unhealthier… and even changing our brains”
    By Dr Chris Van Tulleken For The Daily Mail
    Published: 22:00, 17 May 2021 | Updated: 09:02, 18 May 2021
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-9588967/What-month-eating-ultra-processed-food-did-me.html
    It showed how over that month his brain created new links to ‘want’ that type of food. An addiction in the making!
    They didn’t carry it on,to conclude how long it may take to remove those links if they did ‘go’ entirely, nor exactly what part of the food caused it, either.

But from my ‘dropping sugar’ (bar natural ones) I’ve found it got to the point that I no longer found greek yogurt sour, for example, and can enjoy all the foods that I eat.
    For the most part I’ve not missed the rice, pasta or breads (bread until recently) … and when I’ve accidentally had some in a meal, I’ve not found it any longer gave anything to that meal. Whereas before I almost ‘preferred’ the rice and pasta! After making some acceptable soda bread, I too have got to ‘wanting it’ again. So I’ve stopped now altogether…

I now really strongly believe, that perhaps ALL foods we eat, form brain links but some link more strongly than others.. I think veg, meat & fish don’t have ‘strong’ links at all.
    So when I have my ‘basic’ set of food, it’s all ‘straight forward’, in other words, at most I get a small ‘head taste’ or ‘fancy’ salmon or meat, perhaps, but not ‘I must have X or y’.
    Are ‘all’ the foods we eat ’cause’ brain links, or are more carby / sugary foods more ‘link efficient’?
    And then are we all different with these ‘links’ and can we change them?

My recent sugar bout has certainly seen a massive rise in my desire for ‘more’ sugar, and although I knew it
    would happen, the more I’ve had, the worse it got!
    When I started this way of eating a few years ago, after the initial 6mths or ‘craving’s it did FINALLY die off altogether, and made saying No so much easier!
    But this recent ‘celebration cake’ my sister had gone to a lot of trouble to buy it and it just wouldn’t have been right to not have had any! So I had some… then had a bit more!
    It was scary at just how quickly it ‘linked back up’! However, it has now been easier to ‘drop’ the sugar again.

I totally agree about bread too… I’m beginning to wonder if a more balanced approach might work like one slice a week/month? So long as I can have ‘some’ but without total depravation then perhaps I won’t then ‘binge’ on it. I think it all depends on how those links work, and I just don’t know.
    SO I don’t know what is best, other than complete restraint. I don’t see bread quite as bad as sugar, (for me) but I think it’s ‘up there’.
    So maybe one month my Sunday treat is waffles and perhaps the next month is some bread?
    I want to have things I like and aren’t real problems. But don’t want to have ‘link-averse’ foods that end up controlling me!
    I wish I knew my sister’s tricks as she has it so well balanced out. She said she worked it all out many years ago but she’s never ever had an over-weight problem!

As I’m learning more and more, I can continue to make better and better choices, from a greater comprehension of the consequences if I don’t ‘eat right’ for me.
    I do still find that getting ‘just the right quantity’ I still struggle with…. !! 😀

• posted by sophina
    on

I have been on this journey for two weeks now and I’m getting positive results. I keep up with my exercises and intermittent fasting. It’s really difficult but i was motivated a lot after watching these twins loose weight. Don’t forget to keep going, we’ll get there someday. Just like they did 🙂

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

JUNK SPAM post from ALEXIS

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Yeah miserable isn’t it!
    Get so much flippin sort rammed down our throats every news and so on! Get so fed up of it!

Still “at least the new UK Gov’s policy of cost us all out of being able to afford food’ will see us all lose weight whether we want to or not!! Insane and so cruel.
    I’ve already parred down the diet to the bare bones! So frozen meat fish veg fruit and eggs yoghurt milk oil with some salad items.
    Trying to now see if I owned a couple of hens if it’d be cheaper than buying eggs!
    And now getting some help to buy in a portable tent log stove for hot water and ‘free heat’ ! Got a few old pots that I can leave on the stove for a stew or some such and good for making a soda loaf… I’m improving with that and at least flour isn’t too insane cost – although everything is going up!!!!
    Really scary to be so ‘budget tight now! Unreal!

on

Aurora

just read you message from November !!

Very, very interesting and I tend to agree

I am not one who can ‘cut down’ and now need to back away from bread altogether. Ive maintained an interest in wholemeal BUT this is now getting out of hand

so from tomorrow Monday 7th Im returning the the set diet in the BSD menu book for 8 weeks and will be counting everything I drink eat !!
    there are some meals I just dont like or think are really ‘dull’ so Ive a new book ‘Th fast 800 easy’ to help swap around some meals

Also back swimming. Ive stepped up from 1 day average and am back to 3 day average (on my journey to 4 day aweek average)

So here goes again, Nothing white or sugary for 8 weeks minimum !!

lets see where we get !!

• posted by mediapnk
    on

hello , thank you so much for sharing.

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Hi 54
    Great to see you and you can do this 8 week restart!!! The swimming sounds fab – I need to motivate myself to get swimming again. Seem to have lost my mojo there.
    See you on the Feb 2022 – One week at a time….. thread soon.
    🌺 Merry

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi guys,
    Hang on in there, Aurora. Things will pick up when the weather improves. Out of interest, would you be able to get an allotment. Not easy, as there are usually long waiting lists. But you’d save money in the long run on fruit and veg, get some useful exercise and maybe meet some friendly folk. I don’t know what we’d do without the veg patch, especially over winter when veg is so expensive.
    Me, I’m about hanging in there too. 2 kg down in the last four weeks.
    Good luck, 54.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi all
    I finally managed to get my GP to do blood test for me, as my FBS was higher than should be (which I knew – pandemic weight!). I know what to do, have lost it before, and this time the difference for me is that I have managed to get GP to do HbA1c since returning to UK.
    Knowing I am getting tested on Friday and it goes back last 3 months, has really motivated me and I am down 4 kg since beginning of Jan. Not bad considering I was in a hotel in India for work for almost whole month of Jan – much harder to stay low carb there.
    I am being super strict now I am home, pretty certain levels will be much too high, and I want to then have another one in 3 months time and be able to show I have made big improvements. It’s incredible the difference in motivation, knowing I cannot fool a HbA1c test!
    Swimming great, 54… personally I run and there is a marked difference to my FBS levels the morning after a day I have not run. Always higher than if I have done exercise. So that and a strict Fast800 approach is working for me now (albeit I am not counting but having done this before I know what it looks like).
    Power to all on here!
    Julia

on

Hi All

Great to see activity again and success also !!

Day 2 on restart and so far so good

No white stuff, Ive stuck with the menu options (breakfast eggs x 2, Dinner. Thai Red Curry) (Lunch I ducked out so had 2 apples

Nothing white , no alcohol and Cauliflower rice, fried not boiled.

OK so far

Swim tonight (Missed it yesterday as they dont open Monday night and had to work during the day !!)

Good so far today also (Greek Yoghurt and berries for breakfast!!)

I too find blood tests and ‘weighing in’ motivational

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hiya Snoop
    Thanks. 🙂
    Happily I have some land and already have a (poor) herb garden but it’s not doing well. So been thinking about moving it to a different area. 😀
    I have planted some fruit / nut trees last year, and save nearly all the apple pips and hope they’ll take too!
    I have managed to lose some weight (again – so frustrating) but I’m so ‘on the edge’ of losing / not losing but at least for now it’s going in the right direction.
    I’ve a good friend who’s got a flourishing veggie patch! And she’s given me various plants and some have taken and some not so.
    Still struggling to get the Lathruys Linifolious to take well but it is growing – just slowly! I’d hoped by now to have got a super patch growing but hey ho!!
    Had a friend help me buy a mini log stove and can do a bit of cooking on that and get hot water from it too so it’s slowly coming together !! So just ‘holding my nerve’ and praying as I look at the figures I can somehow pull the rabbit out the hat !!!

Julia18togo – yeah tough but hang in there we all know this can work! 😀 Just have to be SO SO strict and stick to it! 😀

54 good to know you too are doing good. 🙂

I know they’ve show walking helps to burn off fat in the blood so I must do more of this. Hard when I need to learn a program on my laptop though! But I go outside every day to ‘poo pick’ from my mini horses ! (I am debating about perhaps having to sell them but they thank god don’t cost much and can be just hay and grass in the spring to fall!)
    Anyway hope we can all reach our goals and reduce things down to allow for our once a month treats if we dare ! 😀
    Good luck everyone!

on

Thanks for your message Aurora

Treats are tricky things

Buy a packet of something and they all go !!

Missed a swim yesterday (Thats 2 out of 2 missed) as got called away

We dont have any home veg but it would be good to get some planted as its good exercise and gets you outside

Day 3 and still sticking to the diet plan. Lunches just dont look appealing so I am swapping these around to something I like. Not sure about fitting the FAST elements in as I dont get home til late and late breakfast late is some days hard to manage

• posted by CuriousDieter
    on

Hi Aurora,
    I’m new to this forum, and I don’t use FaceBook, but I’ve been interested in the Heath Pea story for a while and I’ve read Dr Moffatt’s Autumn 2000 article in the National Library of Scotland’s ‘Folio’ magazine, which is really interesting.

In March / April 2019 on the other thread you mentioned that you were in contact with someone who was writing a book on Heath Pea, and also something about research at Strathclyde University.

Is the book available on Amazon (or elsewhere) and is the Strathclyde research in the public domain, please?

CD.

on

***Does anyone know if Aurora is stiil posting, please, as she hasn’t replied to my query from 22nd Feb.?***

posted by CuriousDieter
    on 28 Feb 2022 at 17:18 Reply • Report post • permalink
    Hi Aurora,
    I’m new to this forum, and I don’t use FaceBook, but I’ve been interested in the Heath Pea story for a while and I’ve read Dr Moffatt’s Autumn 2000 article in the National Library of Scotland’s ‘Folio’ magazine, which is really interesting.
    In March / April 2019 on the other thread you mentioned that you were in contact with someone who was writing a book on Heath Pea, and also something about research at Strathclyde University.
    Is the book available on Amazon (or elsewhere) and is the Strathclyde research in the public domain, please?
    CD.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday been a few years since I posted. I was unable to maintain my weight loss and once again weight crept up over the years. I have been lucky not to suffer any health issues baring gout attacks from time to time. I have managed to lose over 60kg several times on different diets from vegetarian, 1200cal, 800cal to eating several small meals a day. But always failed at maintaining. On 25th of Jan 2022 I weighed in at a whopping 164.8kg. Almost 5kg over my starting weight on this thread when I started way back. My journey has commenced once again. The only thing that I have kept up with is not drinking any soft drink. The carb monster started off with some chips and snowballed to free for all. I know without a shadow of doubt I can not introduce any carbs in my diet, I just can’t resist. This time I’m doing a keto base diet with fasting. I have not counted any calories this time. I’ve avoided all carbs, sugars and fruits. On 22nd of May I weighed in 127.8kg. 37kg down another 28.8kg to go to hit my target of 99kg. I’m not sure what the future holds, I’m hoping it’s more sustainable this time, but I do know I will never bloody give up!

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Bloke41

A serious well done for getting back onto the good wayofeating wagon! 😀
    I too recent had a few ‘wrong things’ and just reminds me too that I cannot indulge or before I know it I’ll be back into sweet snacks and carbs and so on.
    Partly driven by trying to empty old cupboards of old foods and ‘do the final final clear out … plus I’d been away from the property for some time!
    Anyway I too am now looking to also lose a stone (again) 🙁 It is demoralising but the wonderful thing is that I KNOW I have done really well for YEARS now and can ‘just’ be sensible and eat things I like… and curiously even dark choc (of which I had too much – comfort eating through winter) doesn’t seem to satisfy a ‘craving’… but I do find nuts or a Tesco greek yoghurt does!!! That and fruit… I still eat blueberries, black berries and strawberries. I do miss bananas and had one at a neighbours about 2 mths ago and it was v nice but it didn’t satisfy me like it used to!
    It’s interesting how our flavour preferences change as we rid ourselves of sugar especially (I think) ?!
    So keep in touch… I know I need to do some serious work over the next 2 mths to get things down. But sadly I seem to do things slowly and wish I could be seriously strict and lose more more quickly. I’m about to completely redo my garden and been doing a lot of DIY so lots of activity going on and ahead so that all helps!
    Good luck and keep in touch! 😀

on

hello Bloke41 and Aurora

Good to see you writing here again

It is a long journey !! (Or many short ones !!)

I too have a re start date of 30th MAY (I need a date to focus)

BREAD is my nemesis !!

I cant do a bit, I cant do a little, I cant do just wholemeal, I cant do just at weekends. !!

SO NO BREAD FROM MONDAY

(Or white flour things either!!)

I have promised myself a good 8 weeks using the BSD book recipes so will log DAILY progress here to keep me focused !!

Good luck to us all !!!

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi Bloke’s, 54, Aurora, all…
    Inspired by you all. Had lost 5 kgs at beginning of year to get sugar levels improved. 3 business trips to India for 2-3 weeks each since January mean it’s really hard to stay low carb and also it’sjust hard to resist such lovely bread when it’s fresh made to order in the hotel. Doing fast800/IF to drop back down again as I suspect much of the weight has gone back up. Power to you all!
    Like many, for me it’s best to avoid completely as I have no self control if I have some… I then want carbs again, and again… fortunately I love veg. Best to focus on the good stuff I can eenjoy 😊
    Good luck all.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday 54, aurora & Julia & anyone else that is that’s still posting. Bread is also my nemis, can’t do portion control. Gout has come back to haunt me, been suffering since starting my journey. Last 3 or so days been agony. Went to the quack got some meds, back on wallking wagon. Not gonna let it beat me, weigh in tomorrow, not as much exercise this week, will report back. Have a good one! And Just remember never bloody give up!

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi all, bloke 41, julia, 54&,…
    Yeah I sometimes (recently 3 times over last 2 mths -opps) make sourdough now and then instead of the waffles once a month ! And me too, it’s just too good to only have one mini slice (always very small ‘loaves’!! But I ‘can’t stop’ either, so now, for me too, is ‘back on strict good menu!!
    I think carbs are like sugar and are hot wired to the brain !! But I do also find that my stomach bloates a bit when I have carbs/bread which is curious!
    So need to go shopping and get in more yummy greek yog especially, so any tempting will be resolved by that!!! 🙂
    I can often only have 2 meals a day but now and then get a ‘hungry day’, when I want to much more frequently!?
    Good luck to all of us, as we continue on our ‘good eating, & way of life’!!
    We.will get slimmer again.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Wowee, bloke41, that is some serious weight loss in just four months. Congratulations. Good to see the mantra being so useful.
    I’ve been wondering how you guys were all doing. I restarted yet again early April. Am just over 5 kg down so far. Looking to lose another 25 or so. Being extremely strict during the week, less so at the weekends, keeping carbs next to nil except in fruit and veg. So rather than a 5-2, it’s a 2-5. Two meals a day only, weekdays and weekend: lunch and supper.
    I have one big advantage this time around: my husband has joined me. He’s not up for a full-on seven days a week, hence the more relaxed weekends. But it is working for the both of us. Plus he has acknowledged that we will need to be strict for the rest of our lives, not just hit a target and that’s that. So maybe we can manage the maintenance bit as well.
    Never bloody giving up either!

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday Snoop, bloody good effort! Been on my feet for most of the day, hit 20000 steps today been a while since I did that. Not sure if my feet are just sore from being on my feet or whether my gouts playing up. Weighed in at 126.3 this morning, 1.5 kg loss for the week and 38.5kg down since 25 Jan. Been eating 1 meal a day 3 days a week and rest two meals a day. Tried 2 day fast a couple of times and 3 day fast once. Surprising wasnt to bad. 27.3kg to go to get to my 99kg goall. Seems so far away but I’m not bloody giving up!

• posted by bloke41
    on

Aurora, I get those days were I am sooo hungry, I end up drinking heap of water, seems to help little. So far have least skipped one meal each day, and avoid snacking like the plague. Good luck on your journey, you can do it!

on

Great to hear that Bloke 21 and great to see you back here also Snoop

You are right, its got to be a life thing nit just a target thing in some form or another

My sister’s husband has totally changed his health by 800Fast restricting meal times and qty and looks 1000x better and says he feels it

Tomorrow is my start day for my next push so I’m trying to get my menus organised and think ahead !!

Keep on going you all !

• posted by Snoop
    on

My veg patch still provides me with most of my exercise. This morning: scything down about 150 square metres of thistles and half an hour or so of weights, otherwise known as lugging a watering can about. Am already getting fitter. Wasn’t sure when I started that I’d manage all the thistles, but I did. Also, and this is perhaps TMI, managed to cut my toenails without my internal organs complaining. 🙂 Surprising how quickly the early wins come.

• posted by garincha
    on

great results
    keep working!

• posted by marv82
    on

Glad to see a few people are starting or restarting today. I lost loads of weight a few years ago and was almost down to the ideal weight for my height. Managed to keep it off for a year but some time after lockdown ended it just started to creep up and up again. Maybe it was the freedom to partake again. Finally had to go out and buy bigger clothes and the old ones just didn’t fit anymore. Tried fast800 in the past and it really worked. Been reading Michael Moseley’s new book fast800 keto as motivation.

on

Hi Marv82

Yes, its a bit sad when the clothes start to cling on instead of drop off !!

Good to see the veg patch is a getting a spruce up snoop. Ive managed to push the mower around for the second time this year and we’re almost in June !!

Still try to keep swimming 3 times a week which is my goto exercise to relax BUT bank holiday this week so the length session cancelled so looking forward to next week already

Day 1 restart for me so popped onto the scales for the first time in ages to see not too much damage done over the last few weeks
    Started off with a nice porridge, apple, and cinnamon recipe !! (NO BREAD SO FAR!!) (BIG TICK) (12 hours in !!)

Keep on going

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi all,
    I too have had a good morning… only just had brunch …scrambled eggs (2) and one small slice.of salmon.
    I ate some oatcakes that I had in the cupboard to ensure during my ‘strict time’ I am not tempted.
    I too weighed myself and hovering on my max of 10st. Not ideal as I’d like to get down to 8.5st but before when I got to 9st 2lb I just never got below it…. however a 9st 2lb is better than 10 so hope it’ll only take a month or so to get there.
    I’ve never lost lots of weight quickly it’s always a real struggle… so I know this diet isn’t my perfect one but it’s one that’s healthy and one I like, and can stick to. All so terribly important. And no bread making!!! Owwww…
    So I’ll look forward to the waffles in June!!
    Really must go shopping. Got lot more DIY ahead so that’ll keep me fit and active! !
    Keep going everyone and good luck! 😁

• posted by Snoop
    on

Morning all.
    Good to hear things are going well, AuroraMagic. I’m thinking of throwing out my sourdough starter as a statement of intent!
    900 g down over the last week, so I’m encouraged by that, although nearly all of it was at the beginning of the week. Fingers crossed it all carries on like this, but in the past I’ve really struggled to see much in the way of results at about this stage. on the positive side, though, not struggling with belly ache like the last couple of times I’ve tried this. 5.4 kg down in total.
    Another couple of hours or so of weeding and watering for exercise. Not very exciting, but better than what’s coming up next: sitting at the computer for paid work purposes. Bit more gardening later as I have to water for a neighbour who’s in hospital.
    Hope you had a good day yesterday, 54.
    Onwards and downwards.

on

Hi Aurora and Snoop

Ive never lost weight quickly and I’m really bad with temptation and cant just ‘ have a bit’ ever

So the breadmaker is now moth balled, the biscuit tin out of sight and UK fruit is to the fore (Healthy calories counted snacks !!)

Im not aiming at carbs just pure 800 cal average a day

1 day down and will have weigh in tomorrow

Does anyone here ‘cross’ eating plans ?

ie be on the BSD 800 but also do weight watchers (or should I say WW!)

If so, does it work !!

• posted by Snoop
    on

I make it up as I go along, generally aiming for 800 cal like you, 54, but no ‘white’ carbs. I work out the calories in the main ingredients (today a small piece of hake, plus a piece of fresh pineapple for pud) and then add on a bit for the veg or salad. I’ve given up weighing stuff, though. I got fed up with that. I can’t see why ‘crossing’ eating plans wouldn’t work.
    One thing I have noticed is that if I do this, I eat way more than five fruit and veg portions a day.

on

Hi AuroraMagic,
    Sorry for being off-topic but did you see the query that I posted on 22nd Feb., below?
    If you’re able to provide any info that would be greatly appreciated.
    Many thanks,
    CD.

posted by CuriousDieter
    on 28 Feb 2022 at 17:18 Reply • Report post • permalink
    Hi Aurora,
    CD.

• posted by Snoop
    on

CuriousDieter, if you google for the Latin name, weight loss and Dr. Moffat, you will find a 320-page-long study issued by a PhD student at Strathclyde. I’m not posting a link as the consumption of heath pea is potentially deleterious to health.

Please log in or register to post a reply.