Starting Monday 29th August. Anyone want to join me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Bog was good. it really was.

• posted by 54andfatnomore
    on

Success!!

Or a number of little ones anyway

1) Safely negotiated a trip to a newly opened Italian restaurant for our sons birthday (had a salad and shared a sweet knowing my partner would eat the lot !!)
    2) made jam and ‘gave it all away’ !! (This is a success)
    3) Lost 1/2 lb !!

Downside is I missed 2 swims and cant go this evening either (Boooo)

Back on the menu diet thingy today and quite enjoyed prawn and pea salad, sounds really dull but is quite nice

Onwards !!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

54 that is great news❤️❤️❤️

on

Hi Burdy

Where’s your update then ??

I wentr to the Dr today for an annual Asthma check up (Not needed inhalers for years but I’m on the list for a free flu jab (so i am tiold!!))

Whilst there i was told i had ‘ water retention below my knees’
    Foolishly i asked whats that and what causes it? To be told……

Its excess water in your body caused by your body retaining water……!!

Next question. How do you get rid iof it…..?

Reply…. Drink more water, do more excercise!!

Marvelous

So its more bananas, more vitamin B6 and even less refined sugar etc etc for me !!

On a seperate note:

Still no swim as had my monthly ‘bad eye’ check up (no the check up was well delivered, not a ‘bad ‘eye check up’)
    Ended up having to have an eye injection which meant no swim for 3 days to help avoid infection

Part of me thinks, well should go to the gym then’ and a bigger part of me thinks, bath time !!

Luckily 1/2 lb off today so still in the right direction

Crete beckons so hard at it now !!

Onwards

(Hang in there snoop…how was ‘The Party’ ?

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi 54, sorry to hear about the eye injection. Can’t be much fun.
    Party was a diet disaster, but I managed not to drink any alcohol over the three days of the do. So I suppose that’s something. Going along slowly, very slowly. Work is a bit out of control, which means OH is doing most of the food. It is what it is… Need the money for building work at the end of the summer.
    When are you off to Crete?

on

Hi Snoop

Yes, Its Macular Degeneration so needs managing as no cure
    Back in the early days of these posts I noted that the diet (Leafy green veg/low sugar) had reduced the rate of decline which was and still is an incentive to ‘keep at it !!’ (I must KEEP reminding myself of this !!)

A THREE DAY PARTY !!!!!

Building work: Are you putting the roof on ? Lol

Crete on Sunday for a week so lots of Greek Salad !!

1/2 ld off so not all bad !!

Have had 2 bananas and a vitamin B tab (Still have chunky looking lower legs !!)

• posted by Snoop
    on

Yes, a three-day party. Plus parties to organise the party and after-parties to discuss refunds. Plus it’s fiesta week here now. We’re very hardworking in Spain, honest, but in August the whole country pretty well grinds to a halt, as everyone goes on holiday at the same time.
    Building work: a garage and roof over part of the house. Kitchen to be roofed and a kind of corridor-cum-extension to be built next year so we can get to the bedroom without having to go outside, which will be handy for those days when it’s bucketing it down or perishing cold.
    And remember: chunky legs are better than no legs.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

I’m back, sorry for long absence. Disastrous few weeks, not just food-wise,. Everything returns to normality tomorrow, back on the straight and narrow. When in other peoples’ homes it is hard to control food choices, even supposing I have the will power. Best just draw a veil over the last 3 weeks. Glad to see you are still plugging away – even if slow, you are heading the right direction.
    54 – mac gen deterioration def a benefit of BSD, and well worth it for that alone. One of my fears is losing mine (my dad was without much sight for a whole summer and it affected him profoundly).
    Snoop – your fiestas are making me nostalgic for my 10 years living in Spain. My happiest years were teaching in small pueblos with precisely the life you describe!
    Birdy, others… hope all are keeping on keeping on!

on

2016 !!! How time flies

yes, that is the other thread I started all that time ago.

Today. yep, another 1/2 lb off

( I am sure the cats are getting fatter and we have even more birds waiting on the lawn for scraps every morning !)

Just had a thought! Are these two facts related ? (Poor birds !!)

• posted by Snoop
    on

Long time, no post. Got a bit bogged down with life and overwork. Relatively back to normal and vaguely back on track. Hope you’re all doing well.
    Today’s weigh-in: 87.9 kg, down 600 g, 26.3 kg to go.
    Was expecting to have done far worse than that.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Snoop – Well done to you with the numbers going in the right direction. Sorry you’re so busy, but seems worthwhile cause to be able to go to bathroom without getting wet! DItto here on the overwork. OH says he’s seen me look so tired (can always rely on him to provide the helpful comments🤣)
    54, how’s it going?
    I’ve a good friend local to me and we are going to get strict as of now, back to walking/running and weighing food til I remember what 800 cals looks like! Summer has not been easy, I don’t cope well with other people’s stress, but as of next weekend and it will be back to 3 of us in the house, so much easier. Looking forward to getting back into termtime routine.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Morning, guys. I’ve given up on the 800 cals. I was getting a really gripey abdomen, like I did the second time around. Sorry for letting the side down. Instead, I’ve moved over more to a clever guts kind of diet but still keeping the starchy carbs low. Will still post here if that’s OK with you. My weight loss will be much slower than yours, but I hope you don’t mind me keeping you company.

Today’s weigh-in: 87.2 kg, down 700 g, 25.6 kg to go.

on

Snoop What a thing !!

What is a clever gutsy type of diet !!

PLEASE do stay and chip in, I think its a lot more about having pals a wight is lost than 800 cals !!

Im just back from 2+ weeks in CRETE

LOTS of Greek Yoghurt, Moutain Tea and Goat !!

Had a pool so could swim at least 3 times a day YIPPEE !!
    You will not be surprised to learn that I lost 1lb !!! ( 2 x 1/2)

• posted by Snoop
    on

I love Greek food, 54. Not surprised you still managed to lose weight with all that healthy food and exercise. Bet Crete was fantastic. I’ve always wanted to go there. Spent a while in the Peloponnese, but we were travelling in a vehicle and island hopping was expensive, so we never went. Never too late, though.
    The clever guts diet is another Michael Mosley approach to food, with the emphasis on getting your gut microbiome into shape. I don’t know all the ins and outs, but here’s a link: https://cleverguts.com/clever-guts-diet/
    The website isn’t all that informative and I haven’t bought the book, as I think it’s probably common sense to a large extent. The only thing I can say is that on my first run at the 800 cal diet, I started to lose weight more quickly when I put the emphasis on veg and fruit, yogurt and a bit of protein (cheese, meat, fish or legumes) and less on worrying about calories and carbs.
    Anyway, I’m glad to be able to keep you company.
    How you doing, Julia?

• posted by heiding
    on

Hello – I hope it is okay to join your thread! I started on 1 September, so quite close to the rest of you. This is my first post, I am Australian and live in Canberra.
    Last year I gave up smoking (yay!) but of course, put on weight (boo). It’s totally worth it, not least because cigarettes cost $40 a packet here! Now I’m finally feeling well enough to start to balance it all out. I started having stupid seizures two days after stopping, epilepsy reared its ugly head again after several years of being dormant. It took months to get the medication right. Keto diets are supposed to be good for that condition, but I am finding the BSD suits me much better – I put weight on with keto – probs the only person to have ever done that haha.
    Nearly two weeks in I have lost about a kilo I think. I bought some scales a few days ago to monitor my progress. I’ve stuck to 800 calories per day, although I may have misjudged some items – particularly portion sizes, like greek yoghurt. I became ill with some head thing on the first day (Monday last week) and consequentially had a week off in bed – doc thinks it was a virus. Went back to work only to end up with a stupid head cold! Has that happened to anyone else?
    So I’ve basically been ill the whole time I’ve been on the diet haha. Hoping the fog will soon lift and it will improve – meanwhile, I’m loving the food and have started to really enjoy cooking again! It’s been ages. I’m attempting to go easy on the booze, after drinking a lot the past seven years. I have not had a drink since I started, which feels incredible! Its a massive weakness for me – I’m a two-pot screamer, and once I’m full (my Dad’s term for being drunk) I just keep on going until well, you can imagine. I now drink loads of water and have black tea and coffee throughout the day at work. I am always thirsty now and I have never been to the bathroom so much in my life! Anyway, I’m looking forward to continuing the BSD with you all – take care!

on

Hello all you ‘still there’ people

I am still keeping to it and still managing to get the odd wine or beer in somewhere

exercise: well, not been for a swim since coming back from holiday. I am determined to get back swimming and see if does increase my weight loss from the odd 1/2 lb here 1/2 lb there etc etc

Still sticking to the menu things and my store cupboard is back to being stocked with loads of spices herbs and Chia seeds (Yes I have to avoid the freezer where the ice cream is !!)

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi All, again after some months of being away … 😀
    Hi Julia18togo
    I’ve mostly been on ‘maintenance mode’ as I get back my mobility after badly braking my ankle…. and get all muscles re-toned up again.
    I totally agree on the away at friends issues. I’ve been to about 6 friends over the last month and found my best way to not get tempted (tiny ‘allows’) was to buy in food and keep ‘my’ food there !!! Cost me some for sure and that’s tough for me!
    But I managed to only gain around 2 lbs depending on scale accuracies!
    But I personally think as my own scales are showing a 4lb increase that that is more realistic in the harsh reality!
    So I’m still around 9st 4lb but the next few days now I’m back home will settle the weight and see how I’m really doing.

But I now am ready to lose the last stone! 😀
    So I’m not too worried at the few lbs gain. I had a good time and have been incredibly good overall. Saying No to things has become almost 2nd nature! Found ways around restaurant foods too!
    Well a few slightly naughty things, but overall been v good.
    But am now just starting back on the diet from 4days ago, and expect that over the next 2mths I’ll lose that last stone. Then I can be on maintenance / new lifestyle diet, for the forseeable future. With those occassional diet times to bring those few lbs back down again!
    But I’ve had SO many wonderful comments about how well I’ve done, and how good I look and feel… (well one friend thought I looked tired and gaunt – which I was tired but hey… ) but I feel SO much better and so delighted that I feel in control. 🙂
    So it’s wk 1 and day 4 ! 😀

One little note … if you are on HRT that can make you ‘hold water’ … I know because I have this and when I briefly came off hrt it went almost within a wk! 🙂

Good luck to everyone following this good solid New Eating Plan that works. 🙂 And I can’t totally follow everything they suggest but get it close enough to work! 😀
    Adn then there’s the Heath Pea!! 😀

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Snoop,

Yeah it can be tough to find just the right diet. I’ve sometimes had a few too many nuts and that can make the tum go off a bit.
    But I’ve kept back on with the meat/chicken/fish and veg keeing things simple (and cheap) and it’s been working.
    Like you I’ve the herbs and chia seeds and linseed goji berries and so on … and it certainly is missed if I don’t go places with my nuts and seed stocks ! 😀
    Many others too have used the ‘gut’ right foods and found it really helpful. 🙂 And I can see the logic … but as this is working for me and likely sorting out my gut too anyway then great. But I must read the books that I have on it all! That Gary Tubes one looks really good from a few scans of it ! 😀
    I’ve slowly even had to get new trousers ! 😀

on

Hello

No excuse (apart from being sooooo so busy) as to why no posting
    I am a
    Parish councillor and what with Brexit and elections and non-elections etc etc I am all over the place
    No time to eat !! is that a good thing ?
    Not sure what kind of gut creatures i have but i bet theyve got used to chicken eggs and green veg by now !!

good to see you join us heiding I too drink and drink and drink and drink water as if its going out of fashion (Then i realise its only about a litere !!)
    Came across a ‘seet and sour’ flavouriing in TK Maxx which has no calories, no sugars and is mainly leaves and bark !!

Amaxingly tasted very sweet and sour !! Its now going on EVERYTHING at the moment !! (Even the cats!!)

(only joking about theb cats !!)

I am still losing my usual 1/2lb a day !!

Keep on going

on

Keep going for that last stone Aurora

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hiya ALll and 54andfatnomore,

Yeah it’s all just plug at it and keep goiong !
    The ‘Your Body Need YOU’ (to behave sensibly!) 😀 Sort of thing!
    I still am not keen on water but tea is great. 🙂
    But I’m not losing much and it’s slow and hard work.
    Sadly take too many nuts. First 2 days this week I wasn’t too worried but the theme is too frequent, so I’m going to have to have stiff words with myself! I think they might have become my ‘new comfort food’.
    Anyway I’m trying and I know it works so must try harder. Must take more Heath Pea too to stave off hunger! As that helps for sure! 😀
    DIY is my exercise but I must get back on the bikes and restart all the tennis again – even itf it is just me and my ball pitcher! 😀

on

What is ‘Heath Pea’ ?

I hate water as its dull, but liven it up by buying the fizzy version (11p for 2 litres!!)
    Didnt make a swim yesterday but have found a ‘swim buddy’ !! Turns out their Dr has told them to lose a few flabby bits and that Swimming is the best gentle way to do this. Anyway we are at the pool tonight !! (I tend to have the place to myself after 9.30 which is fun !!)

Stuck to the menu book today and had turkey burger with loads of Veg !! (Nothing odd, just meat and veg !!)

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi 54,

I used to swim but with prices and ‘cold’ I tend to find other activities … 🙂 But I used to do a lot. I still like sea / lake swimming though in a hot summer! 😀
    Heath Pea is a plant.
    A few facts :
    Grows throughout the EU. IN the UK you need to look in wild slightly grassy areas. Latin name Lathryus Linifolius. I’ve made a FB page about it … hunt for that and I’ll approve you! 😀
    But it grows wild. 1st record of it is with the Romans in AD250.
    Last recorded in 1920’s in the Outer Herbridean Islands when they had a famine and they lived off this and nearly made the plant extinct on their islands.
    Had various names over the years.
    But i’ts been researched and found to contain 60 chemicals and they don’t (yet) know ‘how’ it works!
    It : reduces hunger, thirst, intoxication and provides ‘energy’ like that you ‘can keep going’ so a slow burn energy.
    Armies literally marched on it.
    It’s harvested in Autumn. and you pick the tubers that are in it’s connecting root system. the older plants have larger tubers than this years growth.
    Roughly a hazelnut piece is said to ‘Stave off hunger’ for around 2wks.
    I use 0.2g of a tuber (about 1/4 of a small hazelnut piece) and that can ‘reduce my hunger’ for around 3 days.
    I have found that taking it regularly that builds up.
    it can be purchased from a few nurseries. I now have areas of it growing outside, in tubs and in grass, and trying it in house pots inside, and also hydroponically (just started this latest experiment)
    🙂

on

Hi All

Yes, I ve had some recent ‘wins’

Ive had yet another birthday and survived with NO CAKE or chocolate. I did get a bottle og Fizz as a pressie so that did heve to get consumed (I thought Id consume all in one day so I didnt spoil the other days that week!!)

I also managed a swim BUT also managed to tweak my back injury so have ended up not walking again !! (A real pain , literally, but at least I work from home !!)

I am still sticking to the recipies/menu items in ‘The Book’ but even I think some of them do sound and look rather dull . (Pea and Prawn Salad tonight……Yummy!!)

Still losing though (Yes its the usual 1/2 lb a day !!

Keep on going
    Aurora: My sister knew all about Heath Pea. They used to live in Scotland (Before jetting off to New Zealand) and it grew all around them

on

Back still hurting (Boooo)
    Now struggling to drive or get up stairs (Luckily i live in a bungalow !!)
    Am now on co codamine tabs from the pharmacist every 4 hours and ibuprofen every other four hours !!
    So not up to hobbling around in the kitchen for long

so good thing these recipies dont take long to prepare or cook !!

Today was gammon and red cabbage. It came out very very very red and ‘cabbagy’ !!

Roll on the weekend !!

on

remember the pain in my back?

Turns out i have cracked a vertebrae and trapped a bunch of nerves leading to my leg!!

So lots of pain, can’t walk/ drive/ get upstairs properly and lots tabs from the DR

so not been doing much apart from the occasional hobble to the kitchen

not weighed myself but will report that soon

Did make it out on a visit to our favourite horse chestnut tree. Its just the right time of year and in the grounds of a country house hotel so had nice cup of coffee after my short and VERY painful work !!

on

two weeks later and the pain is still there One thing to note is that the BSD does not help pain in backs !!

Still following the recipes in the book so all still on track at my end.

The family are looking for something else for a change so we are going to ‘investigate’ vegetarian food. My sister and her family are vegies in New Zealand and My elder sister and family are veggies apart from Chicken’, (Strange name for their daughter !!)
    Until then its beef bolognaise tonight (Cos it was reduced in Asda !!)
    Ill keep you informed||

I

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi 54andfatnomore,

SO so sorry to hear about your crack in your vertebrae! Yeesh that’s awful! 🙁 Hope that it heals quickly and they give you enough pain killers!
    I have used Clare Bailey’s recipe book for ‘alternative’s’ and to change things a little but my budgets are fairly tight so I do substitute a few things. However I’ve not been strict enough lately and although holding weight or have gained 2lbs it’s been an unusual time.
    Had to return home with a loan horse (now back with me) and so thrown back into the cold of north Scotland…
    Trying to keep on track as best I can usually. A neighbour has treated me to a few meals and I’ve been as good as I possibly can be.
    I guess my stress levels have been high too and I once and just once since I started this over a year ago succombed to a choc brownie one scoop of ice cream – I was v annoyed with myself as I’ve been so very good.
    Weirdly though it has cemented my belive that it wasn’t worth it, as it wasn’t as tasty as I recalled and frankly felt not worth it!
    So a good lesson learned. Happily I don’t miss a lot of things so I’m delighted.
    I do probably still serve myself a few too many veggies with my meat or fish.
    I’ve not lost any weight in months now and it is disheatening if I’m honest.
    But I do know if I can stop nibbling at the nuts and saltanas, (ooops) and cut back a bit on the veggie amounts and so on .. .then I perhaps over time will lose more weight.
    I have wonderfully been bought a flight to Australia in Dec – Jan and am extremely excited about it! So aftter a lot of stress and bother I think that will see me break all sorts of eating habits. My sis is a nibbler for meals, so I dare say I’ll be eating less and then with all that sudden heat I’m expecting to eat less anyway! 🙂
    So I hope when I get back from that I will be even more inspired and reinvigorated on a number of levels!
    I’m really interested in talking to you relatives about the Heath Pea – do point them to my fb page about it and I can chat through that if they’re willing? I’m trying to collate knowledge. I’ve found more of it in the wild now too and still trying to do more research as well. 🙂 I want to do a month especially where I use it than the nut nibbles! And break the naughty habbit I’ve allowed myself to get into.
    Wishing you well! 😀

• posted by Snoop
    on

Catching up again after more disasters. Not quite a new year’s resolution, more of my stomach’s telling me I’ve got to do something about it resolution. Anyway, trying again for the umpteenth time. Reprise number I don’t know how many, but have managed to get my brothers on board helping out with my mum, so more time for me, with any luck.
    How’s your back, 54? I hope you’re doing better. Aurora? You doing well? A stone to go… That ‘s great news.

on

Yes, christmnas and new year out the way and time to focus

I have been hovering around the same weight for ages. No exercise at all and probably far too much veg. I’ve decided to go back to the book on 27th and follow exact weights etc etc so ill see if i can get my post-accident weight off

Still having Physio on my back !!)

(Im sure weight is magnetic because as soon as you get some extra weight on, it always seems to attract more !!)

Keep it up Snoop

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Snoop
    yeah plodding along OK.
    Sadly after my Oz visit for a month gained too many pounds but not ‘insane’ nor reversable. I’ve lost 2 of them and expect to lose them all before too long.
    About to return to the DIY so a good chunk of activity!
    My ankle still gives me pain and bother.
    Still taking the Heath Pea although a long noticeable break in Oz as I wasn’t sure they wouldn’t confisciate it on entry so didn’t risk it!
    Just started to re take it now. 😀 I try t just take enough to take the edge off and as it builds up it’ll be another 2 wks before it’s more settled… (hunger that is).
    Had some stress so try hard not to turn to the nuts and saltanas! And I am doing OK but need to find ‘other things to nibble’ at these moments. 😀 I know I need to ‘be better’ as I so want to get the last stone gone! 😀
    How about you?

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi, guys. Good to hear from you Aurora, though sorry to hear about your ankle.
    In answer to your question, Aurora, I’m doing terribly. Half a kilo down last week, so in the right direction but not sure what to do. Last time I tried the 800 diet, I got terrible stomach pains (gall bladder seems most likely), so am not doing that, just cutting back on the sauce (alcohol) and carbs. Feel like a fraud, coming on here to be honest… Anyway, not bloody giving up, even if I’m not giving up as much as I should.

• posted by Snoop
    on

(Im sure weight is magnetic because as soon as you get some extra weight on, it always seems to attract more !!)

Brilliant, 54.

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Snoop
    aww don’t feel like that! All people here get a warm welcome and everyone understands…!
    We all find our ‘perfect diet’ and until they can get DNA testing cheaper then we cna all find out our ‘type’ and so the best methods which will work for us! In the mean time we are left fumbling around trying to find the ‘best fit’.
    I would check with a *good* medical / nutrition person though if you are getting stomach aches… ? perhaps?
    or is it the wind/other renal issues and they pass over time? eg not a real medical problem as such.
    Anyway I take the 5:2 diet and keep a simple version of it because their version is for those who cook and to me have bigger budgets than I do for food! So I simplify it down a bit but try to stick to ‘fish’ and veg or salad and meats/fish as they suggest. So I’m ‘close’.
    Going ‘down’ is a plus on every level.
    I have been ‘stuck for a fair while’ but know I’d snuck in too many nuts especially… otherwise been good generally. A recnt and extremely rare trip abroad saw me eat things I’d not have nornally (long story short) !
    But I also use the Heath Pea to help me stave off hunger… it’s just enough than use it every day that I feel hungry – it’ builds up (for me) and I take around 0.2 to 0.3 g every 2 to 3 days. I’ve just re-started it 8 days ago.
    Happily I’ve never been bother about alcohol but it has heaps of sugar! Sugar loves sugar and for me it was a big probem. I’ve pretty much cut it all otu totally. But if I do get tempted I noticed that I have to try harder avoidign it over the next 2wks. I gather it’s ‘bugs’ seem to be hot wired to the brain and that is how it feels! 😀
    My plan is to be at 8.5st in 2 mths time.

on

Hi Snoop

My sister’s husband had trouble on the 800 diet as his stomach could not cope and he didn’t feel good/well on it

BUT he switched to 5 / 2 so eats NORMAL stuff for 5 days and then cust to 800-1200 calories for two days. He still has alcohol and eats red meat

BUT he has managed this for a long time and has slowly lost every month so is now 6 stone down over 18 months. He is happy and says doesnt think he is dieting etc etc (And says he good be stricter with the 1200 cals !!

Never give up though

• posted by Snoop
    on

I’ve never heard of heath pea. Bit of a surprise really, as we’ve got loads of it growing on our land! I just knew it as vetch. It’s all underwater at the moment, following a terrible storm. Not sure I fancy eating it…
    Thanks for the comments about the stomach gripes, guys. I didn’t have them first time around but did the second. Now on and off, but off more often than on. So I’m just taking it carefully. Slow and steady wins the race (I hope). Sounds like it’s been a great success for your brother-in-law, 54. Six stone over 18 months is a great success.
    My goal is 22 kg down by the end of the year. And a reliable 22 kg, not a 22 kg down and then put them all back on again 22 kg. Quite a few more still to go thereafter, but that will be the bulk of it.
    Good luck, guys.

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Snoop
    Glad your stomach is less bothersome.
    Not all vetch (Yes it’s genus name) are edible, and you don’t eat the leaves! 🙂 It’s the tubers that you eat, but it MUST be the RIGHT one, or you can end up eating TOXIC and dangerous chemicals!!
    I bought the right Latin named plant (Laythrus Linifolious) correct one from Nurserys to ensure it could be certain, then tried a tiny bit of a tuber and it had the tale tell liquorice flavour. Now I can recognise it in the wild after going around and been shown by Dr Brain Moffat whols been doing all sorts of research at ‘The Soutra Aisle https://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/lauder/soutraaisle/
    In principal (& check our my FB Heath Pea page for images) it is around 30cm tall – and has NO tendrils (very VERY important). There is one tall plant also with no tendrils, but it’s much taller at around 80cm. You harvest the tubers in the fall, before the plant dies back in winter. It’s been used for centuries, first recorded by the Romans in AD250.
    But it works. It has 60chemicals in it and they don’t know ‘how’ it works. It helped our ancestors to survive when there were famine’s! 🙂 Where are you located as I’m trying to slowly build up a picture of where it is identified. (Send me a PM or on the Fb page!) 😀

• posted by Snoop
    on

Not sure I can pm you on this site. I’ll have a look at the FB page. Thanks.

• posted by Snoop
    on

Don’t seem to be able to message anyone via the FB group either. Never mind. I live in the north-east of the province of Teruel in Spain. I’ve just looked in my local plants and wildlife book and it is listed, with its Latin name, but the drawing shows it as having tendrils. So, maybe better not try it! The translation from Catalan (spoken locally) is ‘wild pea’.

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Snoop just send a message to the Fb group ? Did you find it OK ? (Heath Pea Lathyrus Linifolius) … it ought to allow you to send me a message?
    Definitely want the one without. It is European wide .. so you may well find it … look for grassy areas in drier sides of verges….
    They are all ‘Lathryus’ which is the pea family.. so that’d suit all of them (I’m no botanist!) as I understand it! 😀
    I now have some growing at home outside and inside hydroponically too! So far it’s going ok but very early days! 😀
    I’m still trying to find just the right balance between eating but eating less, re-activating it takes time but i’ve limited stock so can’t just ‘binge on it’ but that isn’t likely to be a sensible idea anyway ! The studies show a hazlenut piece (?what strength as mature plants are stronger), will last for 3wks.
    I think that I have an overactive ‘hungry’ indicator. 🙁

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi Aurora, having looked around for more info, I’m not sure it’s my cup of tea. I’d much rather be sure what I’m consuming and in what dosage. Not trying to knock your endeavours, just being honest about myself.
    On the growing front, I’ll be starting to get a bit more exercise soon, as I’ll be getting my veg into shape for the coming year. Not growing any potatoes, obviously! 🙂

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi Snoop,
    Ach it’s fine, it’s not well documented so I feel I’m carving out new info on it… but you can find little bits about it here and there. 🙂
    I thin kit’s interesting but perfectly understand that it’s not for everyone. I know some people tied to get it going commercially but there were stumbling blocks and it (so far) didn’t get too far.
    Anyway yes for sure I have lots of growing to do too ! I have a few salad leaves growing and some herbs too! 😀 Each year I have strawberries and tomatoes too! 😀 Hope to get a lot more going once I’ve sorted out my proper veg plot! 😀
    It’s good eating and a good balanced diet that is key to losing weight, I just wish I was better at it. 😀

on

So here we are another 8 week cycle finished and another 2 stone in the bib (Or wherever it goes)

The key realy is to stick to the exact diet No bread , anything white etc etc

Its not worth cheating cos it takes AGES to get back on track

Only 12 more stone to go !!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done 54 ! Just keep going ! The main thing is you are back on track…brilliant !
    I agree..cheating is not worth it 😶 ! All the best to you going forward xx

• posted by JaxonTarrant
    on

i feel amazing to have your serve.

on

Just about to start my next cycle of 8 weeks

Our ‘designated shopper’ is heading to the local shop shortly with a list

Im at the stage of thinking ‘should I eat all the bad things in the house to get rid of them !!@

on

Just a quick HELLO to whoever is out there

Who is going to the fridge too many times or finding regular add deliveries help them keep on track

on

Hello

Anybody out there

How is going?

Snoop ?

• posted by Cassandra021
    on

Hi!
    I just started back on the plan this week as I had put on 25 lbs since my lowest weight, I would jump 7 lbs over Christmas or a holiday and never seem to shift it. The pandemic didn’t help either. Started back on the plan a number of times but never made it past day 3. today is day 5 and actually enjoying it, not craving sweets this time thankfully. Hoping to loose 19 lbs and don’t mind if it takes me a while so 1-15 lbs a week is my aim. The plan works much slower for me now that my poor body is used to me yoyoing. Hope you are doing well

Please log in or register to post a reply.