Starting Mon 20 Nov

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Amywool000
    on

Also no cereal wheat sugar or similar. Just meat and veg and a small bit of cheese.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Do you count carbs at all or just calories? When I first started measuring and counting everything I was shocked to find out how many vegetables are high in carbs. Your carb intake may be higher than you realize even without eating any of the superbads like wheat, rice and sugar. Dairy milk, for example, is high in sugar. If you drink it at all (and I would investigate substitutes like hemp, soy and almond milk, if I were you), before bed is probably the worst time since you won’t cushion the sugar blow with slower to digest foods as you would during a full meal. Count your carbs. I bet you’ll find a few nasties there that might be at least part of the reason you felt impelled to eat all that sugary chocolate.

You’re doing great, though, as your excellent weight loss proves. With a few tweaks to be sure you know where exactly you stand, I think you are very well positioned to attain your goals. 🙂

• posted by Flick
    on

Surreymaggie and Veerle,

ME TOO. 4 days at 72.2, one at 71.9 and now 2 days at 72.1. No change to eating or exercise patterns, Extremely boring! My legs and arms are visibly thinner than 7 days ago and clothes looser all over. No doubt our bodies are just doing whatever they need to do make the next leap downwards. I think I’ll try on some of my ‘should fit soon’ clothes.

• posted by veerle
    on

Yes, Flick & Maggie, really weird these weight plateaus, but it does seem normal. Back home after 4 work days in Ljubljana surrounded by buffets of food and biscuits and baking and wine. I felt almost nauseated by seeing colleagues eat so much every day. I did indulge a bit, but not too much. Probably 1200 cals a day instead of 800. Glad to see my weight stayed the same and didn’t go back up. Now another week of 800 cals and bits of running and I should fit in a nice dress for Xmas.

• posted by SurreyMaggie
    on

Well, done, veerle, for your restraint and for the mindset that made you recoil at others’ excessive consumption!

I am pleased to report a “whoosh”, finally, as this morning I appear to have lost 600g since Friday, bringing me down by 1.1kg for the week, with a total loss since 19 November of 8 kg. Even better, my BMI now shows me as “merely” overweight. I am SO relieved! I would just like to lose some flab from my hips and thighs now, as my waist is shrinking faster than them and I look like a bundle tied up tightly in the middle. No chance of wearing a dress for Christmas, I’m afraid.
    Maggie

• posted by veerle
    on

Well done Maggie, 8kg over 4 weeks !

I achieved 0.5kg this week. And the total loss over the 4 weeks is 6kg, which feels good. Not entirely sure how much I actually weigh now, as I started off with old-fashioned bathroom scales, then after 2 weeks realised I had digital scales in the cupboard that needed a new battery, but they showed my weight to be 1.5kg higher than the bathroom scales (help!). I’ll need a 3rd one to check which one to believe 😉 The bathroom scales definitely show 6kg down and I now monitor daily with the digital scales.

I dont feel it’s been hard at all so far. Seeing the change in my face and body is definitely worth it.

• posted by Flick
    on

SurreyMaggie and veerle, those are great results. Isn’t it a relief when the scales start moving again. And improving bmi is so encouraging.

After a seven day stall I woke on Saturday to a .9kg loss overnight. I was stunned.

Well done managing so well while away with work veerle. I’m finding that challenging situations get easier each time. I’ve been away on the weekend, no real trouble sticking to my plan although as I wasn’t snacking was always ready for lunch or dinner earlier than the group of friends I was with. They didn’t mind.

Weigh in tomorrow, I almost expect another stall.

• posted by SurreyMaggie
    on

Hi Flick
    Well done on that “whoosh” on Saturday! Good also that your friends were accommodating at the weekend: it’s great to have support from people in real life as well as the brilliant camaraderie on this forum.
    I hope your weekly weigh-in goes/went well
    Maggie

• posted by alibalibee
    on

Well, I haven’t had a whoosh in ages, and have been hovering around the same weight for the past week. It happens, I’m not too worried, would have been nice to lose a bit more before Christmas but I’m having a week off from calorie and carb counting from tomorrow.
    Actually at the start of this I said I would be happy to have lost five kg by Christmas, and I’ve lost 7,but we always think we should have done more, don ‘t we, instead of congratulating ourselves for what we’ve done.
    I’ve been planning on what I’m going to eat tomorrow morning to break my fast, and I’ve been enjoying the low carb bircher so much, I’ve started soaking pinhead oatmeal so I can have an oaty version. I’m not sure I can bring myself to eat too many white carbs…
    Hopefully see you all in the new year – I’ll not be logging back on til then.

• posted by veerle
    on

Xmas and NY celebrations over, with nice food, snacks, wine, but still healthy eating in between and not too much carbs. Still managed to lose 1 kg over those 2 weeks. So very happy with that.

• posted by alibalibee
    on

Hello all,
    Well, I’ve not been very good at logging on here this month, but that doesn’t mean that I given up.I took nearly two weeks off over Christmas/new year and put on 1.5 kg – it could have been a lot worse! So I’m counting tomorrow as the official end to the 8 weeks and I’ve lost exactly 10% of my starting weight – 9.6 kg. I’m officially overweight (as opposed to obese) And I haven’t even been sticking to 800 calories since the new year. I decided I want to lose a lot more, so I’m sticking to the general principals of the BSD, ie, low carb, mediterranean style eating, but I’m upping my calorie intake to around 1200. I feel that’s more manageable in the long run, and I’m in it for the long run now. I feel I had a lucky escape with my not-diabetic diagnosis, and I’d be stupid to go back there.

So, this is my new way of life and way of eating. 1200 feels luxurious compared to the 800, but I couldn’t have stuck to 1200 without doing the 800 first.

That’s all, just wanted to say hello and let you know that I really valued all of your support when I was starting out on this.

Hope you’re all well and continuing on a lovely downward trajectory.

Ali

Please log in or register to post a reply.