STARTING FAST 800 – 10TH MARCH

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Patricia, music is an alternative language, isn’t it? I mood alter and blast CD’s on high volume when I need an energy
    boost to attend to some tedious household task. It always works! I also revisit dance steps from days of yore ๐Ÿ™‚
    I have one particular song, performed by Whitney Houston, which I’ve designated as my BSD anthem. It’s easily
    found on you tube. Have a listen, and tell me what you think!

Allie

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Sorry Duckie – I am late with the pom pom session – have other family members coming to stay so have been prepping chicken Shawarma (courtesy of SunnyB who mentioned the recipe!) and also made some low carb muffins (in cupcake cases…). I will do some floor mopping with extra moves thrown in to make up! Ps By “norm” above I was referring to enjoying delicious fresh food, not “behaving” – which has the negative deprivation connotations! Will see tomorrow if 12 st reached or if the stealth bombers a few days ago have done their worse…..Sun is shining here and saw a lovely bumblebee in the garden.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

HAHAHAH! So six pushups for you after the guests leave turkey!!! One for each turkey!!! AND its your turn to select the music for the next session . . . that means you MUST be there and early to crank the phonograph . . . The floormopping will be extra exercise enough for today ๐Ÿ™ And enjoy your “spread” of food with the family. Always a pleasure to fee folks I say ๐Ÿ™‚ Love the reference to negative connotations ๐Ÿ™‚ Youre a fast learner and there is so much mental strength regained when terminology changes ๐Ÿ™‚ Countering your sunshine, we have had heaps of ran over past few days here in my neck of the wood and duck pond and are most grateful and relieved . . . its been so dry for so long. The garden is SO green with the nitrogen fix . . . the duckpond is full!!! and with cooler temps making for easier good nights rest . . . life and the world is good ๐Ÿ™‚ Quack! Quack!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi LucyAB! We love hearing of your plans and achievements ๐Ÿ™‚ You go girl! Dont forget Pom Pom practice is 10am Mondays . A long time ago I was appointed Cheerleader . . . Pom Poms can be the real thing, or imagined . . . teatowels, knickers if so inclined . . (someone here has bloomers!!) – and for best results it seems the music MUST be from another era when the beat and words were meaningful to the dancers/marchers/high stepper baton twirlers, OR the gymnastic stunt styles! Pick something which is your favourite – share – and we will crank it up next Monday at 10am ๐Ÿ™‚ Just a bit of goodhearted fun to have a great trip down memory lane for a few minutes, get moving, laugh or cry to awaken the endorphines and brighten the day ๐Ÿ™‚ Quack! Quack!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

WooHoo Patricia! Yeah! What a woman!!! (Her and your good self!) Life can be fun if we allow ourselves to loosen up a little ๐Ÿ™‚ Glad you joined us ๐Ÿ™‚ Have you got a (meaningful) tune or two youre willing to share with us -(we dont have to know why) – . . always open to suggestions so more can have fun ๐Ÿ™‚ Even if it is imaginary . . . but Im sure some do let their hair down at 10am Mondays occasionally ๐Ÿ™‚ Quack! Quack! from duckies duckpond which has been filled and cleansed with gorgeous welcome rain over the past 3-4 days ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by shazski
    on

Hi everyone ๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ

Just checking in. Our first weigh in was on Sunday, and we were both chuffed to bits. I lost 8 1/4 lb, and hubby lost a massive 11 1/4 lb! What a great start ๐Ÿค—

Good luck to everyone this week ๐Ÿคž

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

shazski . . . shazski . . . shazski!! What an incredible result for you both!! REWARDS for efforts ๐Ÿ™‚ Congratulations! It is exciting to see/feel our bodies respond to a different yet simple form of nurturing ๐Ÿ™‚ Just a little hint here . . . because I have no wish to dampen your spirits – however please dont expect such to be the norm! otherwise doubt can be a dampener! Roll up! Roll up! for the nest exciting presentation!!! – (possibly the most exciting roller-coaster journey of a lifetime!!! PLEASE! Take us with you ๐Ÿ™‚ Come back and keep us posted on progress! We all rejoice in whatever the fellow travellers are experiencing . . . as reminders of why we are here get to be put in the spotlight spurring us on too! QUACK!! QUACK!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

This is a great start! Congratulations to both of you! The first week is mostly the release of water,
    so the real work begins on week 2! Wishing you the best, so just shout out if you have any questions
    or concerns, and someone will be along shortly to help ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Shazski, great results for both of you. it’s lovely and motivating to hear others’ successes

• posted by LucyAB
    on

Hi again everyone!

Thanks to everyone for the encouragement!

I am still on the straight and narrow – however I nearly gave in to an oven chip buttie with tomato sauce and mayonnaise!!!
    I turned on the oven in preparation but as I did this, I was able to really think whether it was worth it and how I would feel about scuppering my chances of achieving my goals.
    I decided on an omelette with a small amount of grated cheese and salad – it was delicious!!!!!

Hurrah!

Next real obstacle is exercise… I do take the dog out twice a day through the week (daughter takes the other times while i’m at work) and 4 times a day at the weekends. I really want to get into swimming but its the getting there after work which is the only time I can go. I have a bike but have too many aches and pains for that at present.

I am going to try and get going at the weekend.

Sorry for the essay!

I hope you all are managing to keep with it!

Lucy

• posted by Stevepoker28
    on

Hi, sorry I haven’t posted for a while but I’ve had a pretty rough first two weeks and am feeling as guilty as hell. I started this like most of you on the 10th March so today is Week 2 Day 3. This is my second time around for BSD/Fast 800, I found it last year and lost 8kg ending up at Christmas. After a little slow creep in the new year I decided to have another go in March and so far I’ve lost 3.6kgs. Its not much but second time around I am finding it much harder so I need some help. I’ve reread the book, totally understand I need to have longer fasting periods overnight and keeping to 800 calories with a low Carb count to kick in ketosis has so far deluded me. So far I’ve only managed 7 complete days below 800 calories and work do’s, weekends and carb cravings have all contributed to falling off the wagon. I am trying to treat each new day one day at a time but it’s really really hard. I am watching videos of 800 Fast mama who is at week 11 and following her on Instagram which I do find inspiring. Sorry I am rambling now but evenings are the worst, I stay up to late, get the munches and before i know it I’ve taken myself over 800 calories and destroyed all the good work all day. I am writing this now at 6:15pm, I’ve got 180 calories left today and have not had an evening meal yet. AAAAAHHHHHHHH. Steve.

Please log in or register to post a reply.