Starting BSD on Mon 3rd Oct

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by treelady
    on

Dear All,
    just a quick email to say that I will be starting the BSD on Monday and I am quite nervous about it. I am edging towards 13 stone and want to get back down into the 11 stone somethings and winter time is when I put on weight before losing a bit in the spring / summer again.

I love anything sugary and carb loaded (cakes, biscuits, buns) and I am not sure how I will get through the first week with out those. I have read some of the other helpful posts and will try out all the tips – so fingers crossed.

My other half is gluten intolerant but has an extremely physical job as a tree surgeon and so doesn’t need to lose weight, but I do all the cooking for both of us. If any one can provide hearty filling autumn / winter recipes that would suit us both that would be fab, as I really don’t fancy cooking his and hers meals every day.

Anyway, it’s our 7th wedding anniversary this weekend, and we are away for a dinner, bed and breakfast break in a lovely hotel down on Exmoor, hence the choice to start on Monday.

Looking forward to getting through this journey with you all,

all the best
    Bt

• posted by Snoop
    on

Hi Treelady, there are quite a few recipes on this website, plus more in the BSD diet book and recipe book that’s just come out. In my case, however, I cook my own recipes but adapt them to an overall 800 calories per day for me and then add beans, pasta, potatoes or rice for everyone else, or simply give them larger servings.

Congratulations on your anniversary. Hope you have a great weekend and a good start to next week. I found the early weight loss a big motivator to carry on, and there’s plenty of inspiration and support to be had on here.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Although I have been around most of the other forums, mainly Welcome, I am starting my own first foray into BSD Fast 800 on Monday too, so will keep dropping in here to see how it is going. I have already lost 6 stone, with the last three being due to my discovery of the 5:2 version of this diet, although I have been working up to the full fast by progressing from 5:2 to 4:3 to 2:5 which is where I am at the moment. I am going away to Cornwall this weekend and will be eating (and drinking) whatever comes, but on Monday I will be joining the strict measurement club again. Best of luck with your new beginning on Monday. My mid term-goal is to get into the top end of my healthy weight bracket before Christmas.

Please log in or register to post a reply.