Starting BSD 18/10/2016 – anyone want to tag along?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jjmurr74
    on

Well done hammerbabe stick with it don’t give in tough but it will be worth it ☺

• posted by topcac
    on

I have to go to the loo about once every half hour but I look at it like this – every time I go it’s 60 steps and a flight of stairs!!!

• posted by Vanilla
    on

I have had a rubbish day didn’t go for my walk at lunch time cos work was too busy! And I ate chocolate I’m so disappointed in myself, my evening power walk also went out of the window as I only left work at twenty to seven!!! I suppose I have to dust myself off and start again tomorrow, big long walk tomorrow and fast see if I can claw it back!! Not looking forward to the scales tomorrow!

• posted by Avila
    on

Vanila, there will always be some days like that, and the book talks about an average level of calories, and exercise is good but not compulsory during the 8 weeks, some are not able to at all. Take tomorrow as a normal BSD day not a ‘punishment’ or some kind of ‘balancing out’ – the blips are part of the journey as we are all human, and life can attack us.

• posted by Vanilla
    on

Thank you for your positive words and vibe Avila. I shall take on board what you have said and continue tomorrow👍🏼

• posted by Orangeblossom
    on

How is it going today? I am feeling a bit guilty as although i managed to avoid the garlic bread and potatoes at the family dinner last night I did have some ice cream…oh well going to just start afresh again today. Also, on the scales I’ve out on a few pounds! But I do think my jeans feel a bit looser. Maybe just weigh myself once a week or so. Maybe should use the my fitness pal to record the calories more,but it’s so time consuming with two children as well…it’s going to be a challenge this week as it’s half term and I’ll be making lunches etc for the children and will be tricky not to snack. Also the grandparents dropped by yesterday with all sorts of ‘treats’ for the holidays- biscuits, crisps and choc- not what we need is it! Trying to view it as a challenge. (I’d like to get rid of it all but don’t think the rest of the family would be happy). I have got a bar of very dark choc to eat for a snack when craving it. I’m loving the Total greek yoghurt bit eating too much i think, so might swap every second tub for the ‘zero’ kind. Hmm. Anyway good luck everyone for the start of the new week. xx

on

Yes I agree with just taking each day as a new BSD rather than fasting to punish ourselves, be kind to yourself xx

• posted by CiaoBella
    on

Hello all – anyone mind if I tag along? I started doing this 16 October, so am just over a week in. Have mostly stuck to the 800 cals – with a few either side. Feeling better, but not sure if the weight is shifting – I don’t have any scales at home (my head in the sand on that front). Have quite a bit of weight to lose 5+ stone, so hoping that I can stick this out for eight weeks. This is the first time I’ve contributed to a forum, so hoping that we can inspire each other as we go along!

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Day 2 yesterday and although I stuck with it was mostly hungry! Today absolutely fine so feeling positive. Even resisted stealing one of my daughters chocolate buttons when she had one. I’m sure there will ups and downs

on

I made a mistake in getting some 100% dark choc yesterday- it was not good! Think could maybe made it into hot choc but would need some kind of sweetener perhaps. I’ve switched to the 2% Total yoghurt from full fat since I’m getting through quite a bit of it. Good luck for week two!

on

someone bought me some 90% back from Africa once, it was gross! so with you on that. I am trying to avoid all together at the moment whilst I get into the swing of things. Am hoping then when I do try chocolate again it will seem way too sweet (hope being the word!)
    good luck to you too

• posted by jjmurr74
    on

Hi don’t know if any has same problem I stuck to it all week then Friday nite fell asleep for 5 min on chair woke up starving headed straight for chocolate I’m so angry it keeps happening tho waking up during the nite starving I mean as if ive never been fed 😢

on

I have a banana and glass of milk before bed, could try that maybe?

on

I seem to be putting on weight not losing it.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Orangeblossom,

how much have you put on. Could be that banana? It’s highish in carbs unless you are still staying quite low in the other areas.

And my refrain that now people must be bored to hear……. drink, drink and drink water

• posted by Natalie
    on

I was thinking that too. Orange blossom you say a banana and a glass of milk before bed (every day?), I calculate that as about 277 calories and 37 grams of carb just as a snack. That would be a third of my calories and ALL of my carbs for a whole day! Are you tracking your calories and carbs?

• posted by jjmurr74
    on

Yeah I agree about banana that’s why it’s called nature’s mars bar orange blossom have a small black coffee first thing every morning plenty veg and healthy meats for dinner and peppermint tea is also good so good luck 😊

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

The thing to remember is that this sort of eating plan is counter intuitive with everything you’ve ever been told about losing weight. Fats are good. Lean protein is good. Hungry? Eat tuna. Eat cheese (in moderation) . Smoked salmon – yum. Eat eggs. All will do less damage than things you’ve been told all your life are ‘slimming’ like fruit, cereal, bananas and milk.
    So don’t buy low fat yoghurt. Avoid milk, it has more lactose (milk sugar) than cream. Embrace good fats, olive oil, a bit of butter on your veg, quality protein – nice fish, lean chicken, chops and steak, minced beef, lamb and pork – try to avoid processed stuff like bacon and ham. Keep within your calorie count, but if you’re hungry, eat thoughtfully and eat just a little bit of good stuff. . Fill up On salad and mostly green veg, a few berries, keep your portions small but tasty, drink your water. Trust me, don’t obsess, and the weight will FALL off.

Almost a stone in two weeks for me, blood sugar is stable. After TWO WEEKS. Got to be worth it, right?

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

You got me thinking about milk what about the lactose free milk they sell?

on

Thanks, yes it could be the banana and milk! Getting some stick from the family about the full fat yoghurt and butter- I’ll just have to educate them I guess. I knew I’d find this week hard as it’s half term but trying hard.

I sometimes have ryvita at lunchtimes instead of bread, with hummus or quorn ham. Is ryvita good or more carbs do you think?

on

I seemed to put on a couple of pounds now back to original weight.

on

Good luck everyone for today. Just had an avocado and poached egg from the book which I didn’t think would be nice but surprisingly it was OK, different! Today I’m using the fitness pal for recording calories and it’s coming up with I have reached the fat level for today but just ignoring that and keeping a check on the calories. Thanks for tip about the banana- I notice now in the book he mentions about avoiding sweet fruit which I think is a good plan. Going to do my body balance class now and a swim as the children are out for the day.

• posted by Vanilla
    on

Well everybody I bombed big time last week so I gotta start over on Monday and give it everything I’ve got! I followed the lighter life programme when it first launched which was just shakes for three months and that was real hard but I stuck to it and the results were fab and I’m angry with myself for failing at this after just one week!! Ggrrrrr🐯🐯
    Monday here I come

• posted by Apollo29
    on

Hi everyone! Its almost the end of week 2 for me. I had one massive fall off the wagon this week. But I’ve brushed myself off and I’ve bee back on 800 calories and counting carbs in MFP. I’ve been trying to include some of exercises in the book this week. Is anyone else sticking to the fitness plan outlined in the book?

on

Had a what can i have to satisfy my craving moment. Looked in the kitchen and ended up with a hot chocolate that felt a bit naughty but really wasnt.
    1 teaspoon cocoa, 200 ml almond milk, a little sweetener. Mix the cocoa with a small amount of the milk into a paste, add remaining milk and microwave approx 90 seconds. Check and stir half way.
    Just under 40 calories, low carb and far better than going off track. Definitely satisfied my craving.

Please log in or register to post a reply.