Starting again 7/10/16

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by kilwinny
    on

I am restarting the BSD after a few months break. Sadly I have put on the 12lbs I had previously lost.
    I am in the process of re reading the book.
    I need a little help from fellow BSD’ers to stay on track this time.
    I am a mum of three, one being away at Uni, and have just upped my working hours to 4 days a week. I am the only adult in the house and solely responsible for shopping/cooking. I find that I need to be totally prepared with food shopping as I end up shattered at the end of the working day and really don’t want to cook.
    So, if there is anyone else out there that has just started or about to, please drop me a line and we can keep eachother motivated and share ideas.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Kateb
    on

Hi kilwinny

I am about to start the bad on Monday for the first time and slightly anxious. I have been in many diets to no avail. I don’t suffer with diabetes but have alot of other health issues so hoping this could help. Good luck to you ๐Ÿ˜Š

• posted by Avila
    on

I have found this easy than any other diet. Not dealing with family, but work full time and live with depression that affected

Tips –
    1. Plan – have a look for recipes and ideas that you know will like and can be cooked easily. I was a ready meal girl but found I could cook a bit of fish and a spinach salad in less time than the ready meal took. But it is the ‘thinking time’ of deciding what to eat that is the slowing factor not the actual meal prep, so having a plan in place really helped me.

2. Drinking fluids – I fill up 3 x 1litre bottles at the start of the day (or night before). This makes it easy to track if I am drinking as much as should. Personally water is too bland, some add lemon etc but I make it up with dilute mix of no sugar squash, I know this has sweeteners and some would disapprove but it helps me get the fluids in.

3. Do it your way – Some weigh everything and fill in apps like my fitness pal or fatsecret. Personally I would find that too time consuming so I aim at the calories, and follow the principles. I am 2 st down with another 1 and 1/2 to go – I fell off the calorie wagon a few times but that is me, not you.

4. Decide how to measure – by scales, by tape measure, by the jeans in the wardrobe. I measure on the scales but frequently, it can vary by a kg or more during the day depending when last eaten, last bowel movement etc etc. So if seeing those fluctuations is discouraging then leave it to weigh in day, I find it helps keep me focussed day by day. You need to find the way that encourages you and helps you stick at it, avoid approaches that will discourage you

5. Just do it!! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by GemmaG
    on

For busy people M&S do some great prepared veg packs, microwave, place on plate and sprinkle with a little grated cheese and pop under the grill.

I particularly love the butternut squash shredded to look like spaghetti. You can create some great dishes with this.

• posted by shalimar
    on

For that too tired after work to cook feeling …
    Make a big batch of something … soup, chilli, etc. …. divide it up and freeze portions …. and on the really tired days just defrost!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.