Started BSD on 21/3/16. Non diabetic, just want to be healthier!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by LizEgan
    on

Weighed in this morning. I lost 1.7kg and my partner lost 2kg in one week. The first week was surprisingly easy. Not very hungry at all and not missing all the carbs. I already found I’m not craving food at all. Is going without the carbs the answer? I bought the book and I’m following the recipes and adapting a few of my own. My partner is not keen on some of the more obscure veggies but has been trying them anyway!

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Helllo, 7 weeks ago I was a typical meat + 3 veg + pudding man but now I have surprised myself just how much I have changed. I never cut carbs out completely although cereals were soon the first to go, followed by milk for the sugar content and then bread but I still enjoy an occasional slice and crispbread. I have lost over 25 lbs so far. I have cut my potato portion from around 200 gms in January down to 70 gms now and make up the bulk with typical British veggies. I have had 6 short plateaus and got quite annoyed but it is normal. I am much healthier and my blood pressure graph is brilliant too. 800 kCals is surprisingly plenty most days. Keep going…

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi , nice figures
    LizEgan, got it in one, it is the carbs that are the answer.
    What you have thought of as hunger pangs for years were far more likely to be carb cravings.
    Once you get about a week into the diet, those cravings go and if you experience hunger then, it’s real hunger, the kind you get when you’re due a meal, not because the body wants sugar !
    Keeps your carbs around or below 50g / day and the weight will go.
    Skywalker, you made this answer easy by posting just what can be acheived with a little perseverance, well done.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill, I feel sick just looking at or catching a smell of sweet foods. I still am amazed at how my tastes have changed. I thought giving up chocolate would be the hardest thing and consoled myself with ‘you can have a bit at the end of 8 weeks’. Have I wanted it. No not at all. I would pay you to take it away from me now ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Judith
    like I said in another post, I was talked into trying a little trifle and cake on Sunday and was surprised to find out that they had this taste but I couldn’t identify it as a sweet, sugary taste (others said the icing was very sweet) it was just a sort of foreign taste.
    I’m hoping this means the sweet tooth is gone for good if I can’t even identify sugar now.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Bill, I know what you mean, I described it to a friend, when she couldn’t understand how I could smell it, that it is a strong almost chemical smell, sort of sweet but nauseating. I can’t see us eating the white poison again ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Ooh Judith you mentioned the P word
    Watch the FB clan don’t come and get ya ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I had to suffer walking around Asda, Tesco, and Aldi on Saturday, I must have walked past 10 miles of chocolate and the smell was awful.
    It will be interesting as the Summer progresses to see what the smells of candy floss and toffee apples are like now.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

he he Bill, they probably will! I’m so glad I am not the only one who finds the smell of sugary foods in supermarket aisles unpleasant now. That CF word makes me feel sick again….pass the bucket someone…

Please log in or register to post a reply.