Started 8-week plan today eeeek

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Ell
    on

posted by Ell
    on 24 Jan 2016 at 15:04 permalink
    Hi, I started the 8 week plan today, I read the hard copy of the book and decided to give it a go. My fasting BG ranges 8 -12 on medication. I plan to follow the 4 week menu in the book to start of with, but I don’t eat red meat, only Chicken, and fish, so I will substitute steak and lamb with those. I did a shop yesterday, quite expensive to start, but some of the things will last a while (tahini paste etc) . I started the day with half an avocado and poached egg, I love both these so that went well. I then cooked ahead for tomorrow and made the beetroot felafals, very fiddly and messy but got there in the end, and I have my veg curry cooking in the slow cooker, I’ll freeze the other portions for another time. Will reheat the felafals for tomorrow’s lunch. Ive just had my lunch and so far all is going well, I hope the rest of the week is as good, still early days. I must say that everything on the plan sounds yummy and seems to be everything I like 😊

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Inspiringly well- organised!
    Penny

• posted by Ell
    on

To start with, but I really have to stay organised if I want this to succeed. I have just eaten the veg curry with cauliflower rice and it was lovely, will defo do again. I am hoping to get my BG levels low enough and consistent enough to come off my meds!

Please log in or register to post a reply.