Started 29th May 2017

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Chasing_Lions
    on

Hello all,

So I’ve taken the plunge and started the BSD this Monday. Wondering if anyone else out there has started this week? Looking for tips and cheap recipes as well.

on

A little record for myself. I’ll never remember otherwise. I tend to focus on the results but I think this might be a good practice.

Day 1 :
    Breakfast. No carb bircher. Not the most appetising looking thing but tastes ok.
    Lunch: No Carb ploughmans. Yummy! Surprisingly filling and enjoyable.
    Dinner: Mcdonalds Chicken Mayo legend and a coke. Whoops! Ditched the fries but still not a great start. Bank holiday blip.

Day 2:

Breakfast: No carb Bircher
    Lunch: No Carb Ploughmans.
    Dinner: Beef burger and salad. (No bun)

Day 3:

Breakfast: No carb Bircher
    Lunch: 2 mini feta, tomato and spinach crustless quiches with a salad.
    Dinner: Omelette. Ham, tomato, spinach and cheese. (probably too much egg for one day)

Think I might try the green tea shake tomorrow but undecided what to have for lunch.

• posted by Optimist
    on

I started today. No issues with stopping at 800 calories and had a great two mile walk.

• posted by Patsy
    on

I restarted a few days ago. Very chuffed as I’m already back down to a healthy weight. I managed that before and then relaxed too much. I’ll do better this time.

My preferred breakfast is natural yoghurt with fruit. That’s one of the things I didn’t change when I let the diet slide. I have strawberries, blueberries, apricots, apples, pears, raspberries, blackcurrants, grapefruit – whatever I can get hold of at a reasonable price and isn’t really high in sugar. Sometimes I add nuts or seeds, especially if I know it’s going to be a long time until lunch, or I expect to be doing something energetic.

As a change I either have scrambled eggs (no toast) or porridge.

Lettuce wraps are good for lunch. You need iceberg or Romaine lettuce and a strong flavoured filling. I don’t actually wrap mine up, as I can’t do it neatly, so just arrange everything on top.

I’ve found chick peas are really filling and they’re quite cheap (I get them in Aldi). I use them in curries and casseroles, as a separate veg in place of potatoes, to bulk out soups, cold in salads…

• posted by CatFelinelady
    on

Hi me too started on 29th.

Cals Mon: 1477
    Cals Tue: 955
    Cals Wed:911

Will try to stick to 800 rest of week. Not felt hungry once.

Good luck on your journey.

• posted by Leeleecheechee
    on

Hi all
    I started on 22nd May but that forum appears to have gone very quiet. I hope everyone is just busy and not struggling. Hope you don’t mind me tagging along with you?

Lots of good tips on this forum but it will be nice to share the up and downs with you all!

Lee x

on

Yeay! Lovely to meet you all. You all sound like you are doing great!

It’s a bit early but out of curiosity I tentatively stepped on the scales last night and I was quite shocked to see that I’ve already lost 4lb!!

I’m hoping to lose at least a stone from this but ideally 2 stone if I can putting me somewhere in the healthier region of overweight rather than obese. lol

I started this at 12 stone 12lbs and I’m only 5ft! I’d blame having children but I think I’ve just been a carb addict. I’m sort of missing the carbs but not as much as I thought I would although my hubby brought home a fresh baguette home last night and the smell was amazing. I resisted though! Had a small piece of ham instead as a snack. (It was what was at hand) I also and a few slices of apple after dinner.

This morning I had 3 mini quiches (sort of small fairy cake size) and I could and should have probably just have had two.

Lunch is another No Carb Ploughmans but I’m really enjoying this. Dinner will likely be a veg curry and think I’ll do a Bolognese with courgettie for tomorrows.

Thank you for the lunch suggestion Patty. I might try the lettuce wraps tomorrow! Definitely going to try the chickpea suggestion!

I have been feeling hungry at times but I think this is probably because I ate rather a lot before. I’m drinking a lot of water and have a fruit infuser bottle which I’m sticking a few lemon and lime slices in. Bought some plain sparkling water last night to switch things up a bit.

Need to try and track my actual calorie intake which I haven’t done a very good job of yet. Baby steps I guess.

Day 1: 1907 (yikes!)
    Day 2: 713
    Day 3: 821

on

Chasing lions it’s great news. Some people have quite dramatic losses in their first week and looks like you will be one of them 🎉

I’m 5ft 6 and started at 11st 13lbs with a fasting bs of 14.3 and lost 2lbs in my first week. My weight loss goal is first to get to 11 stone and second is to get below 10. I know it will be slow but I’m already feeling the benefit, although I’m actually off work today sick with a banging head and blurred vision which I suspect is withdrawal related but as I rarely take a day sick (last day in Jan 16) I refuse to feel guilty. I need to do this,

So this morning I went to the co-op and the smell of freshly baked bread was overwhelming. Like you, I managed to resist and came away with carrot batons, water and single cream. I’ve started with a coffee with cream (still getting my head round that) but it’s keeping me amazingly full. I will have breakfast soon which will be an apple and 10 cashews. Lunch is a small tabbouleh salad with chicken and dinner will be a egg salad. I’ll have a babybel or another coffee if I need a snack.

Will take some time today to plan next weeks shopping!

on

Well done Leeleecheechee ! I’ve had the shakes since starting but I think it’s the sudden carb withdrawal and I’ve been quite tired (Kids haven’t given me much sleep) so could be coffee jitters .

I hope to maintain a decent average loss but just grateful I’m loosing something. Would love to get to a shape where people stop asking me if Im pregnant as I hold most of the weight round my tum at present. Every lost pound is a blessing.

on

Damn belly fat! I don’t have kids, so can’t even blame it on that!
    I’m such a typical apple. A size 14 would fit me fine if didn’t have to accommodate my “friend”!!

I do feel it’s got a bit flatter but maybe that’s just wishful thinking this early.

Good luck with half term! I’m finding it hard enough to look after myself!

• posted by Patsy
    on

According to the BSD book, and the Clever Guts one, feeling a bit hungry is actually a good thing – I know it doesn’t feel like that at the time though!

on

Oh that’s interesting! Thank you Patsy. Will have to check that out.

I’ve got the day off work tomorrow so might actually be able to fit on a good walk with the kids. I have an office job so at my desk most of the day which isn’t helpful. I dream do being a size 14 again. I’m an apple shape too.

Had another omelette tonight as I was too hungry to wait. So a veg curry tomorrow possibly. Kind of winging it truth be told so need to sit down and plan out next week better.

Day 4: 940. Not bad but no I can do better. Think I’ll try the green tea shake tomorrow

on

I’m at 752 for the day (going to have a babybel before bed as I can’t sleep when hungry!)

God knows how I managed that given how I was feeling earlier. Think I need to snack to succeed, but that’s ok now I know!

Like you I’m winging it, though I do try to plan!
    I’ve planned tomorrow to have a Friday night treat. Egg and coffee with cream for brekkie , prawn salad for lunch and a Linda McCartney mozzarella burger with salad. Let’s hope I stick to it!

Sounds like you have a nice day planned with the kids. Hope you enjoy it!

• posted by shubz
    on

Keep going chasing_lions … you are doing well.

I started on 29th May too 🙂 Didn’t know if it was going to last a day, but its been good so far :

Day 1 : 725 Cal, 135 fasting mg/dl, 87.4 Kg
    Day 2 : 594, 91, 86.5
    Day 3 : 670, 87, 85.7
    Day 4 : 750, 110, 85.4
    Day 5 : 695, 142, 84.9

Temptations are strong, but hoping the controlled bg without the insulin/meds, the weighing scale, and this group keeps me going. I am also starting to get used to a “poached egg, and some greens” extra-light breakfast 🙂

• posted by Leolass
    on

Chasing_lions, you are really encouraging me and Im not starting untilTuesday !

on

Oh that’s good to hear leolass!

Well done shubz! Sounds like you are doing well.

Had a better day today food wise though I’ve still felt hungry.

Day 5:

Breakfast: No carb Bircher (yes I know I’m so original lol! I find its filling enough and tastes alright. It’s also cheap and easy)

Lunch: a sort of mexi platter with a few variations (I decided to spead some of the hummus on ryvita crackerbread and it was yummy! )

Dinner: Veg Curry with cauliflower rice. Oh my goodness this was so yummy!!! I used a Red Thai curry paste as it was all I had in but it was perfect! Roasted the cauliflower rice and loved it. I’ve managed to squirrel away a portion of the curry for another day but had to hide it from the hubby who was looking for seconds. Would be nice with bacon or chicken as well.

Calories total: 867

Been drinking sparkling water in my fruit infuser (empo) bottle with lemon and lime slices which has been a nice change.

Going to have a fruit tea to take the temptation to over eat away……..really just want to eat a whole pack of reeces pieces if I’m honest but might treat myself to one when these 8 weeks are over.

on

Well done everyone

Feeling peckish after my dinner (perhaps it because it was so moreish!)

Had a fruit tea this afternoon and it raised my bs quite significantly, so I shall be sticking to mint and green tea at least for now.

Got a lunch out tomorrow and I’m a bit nervous but certain I’m going to stick with fillet steak. Expensive but at least I know I will enjoy it and it’s “safe”

Have booked a massage after to keep me on track. It’s a hard life…

on

So, weigh day today and 2lbs off. Obviously it’s going to be slow and steady for me. Happy with that though. Another 9lbs and I will hit the top of the “normal” range.
    Considering it’s that time of the month and I’m managing without the chocolate crutch, im relatively pleased.

Hope everyone has a great weekend. Wish me luck with my lunch out 😳

• posted by shubz
    on

Nice Lee … keep going !!

Hope the lunch out was fab !!

on

Well done leeleecheechee

Aunt flow decided to visit the eve I started the diet. It’s a miracle I’ve not caved into cravings really.

I’ve had a good day today. I had a decent amount of sleep last night, ate a nice brunch and I’ve done loads of housework (quite a workout!). I like productive days like these. Making bolognaise tonight with corgettie which I’m looking forward to.

on

So summary of day 6:

Brunch: 2 rashes of bacon, 2 eggs scrambled and one portobello mushrooms.

Dinner: Bolognaise with added mushroom and yellow pepper with courgettie.

Had a little treat after as I had some calories to spare so enjoyed greatly a morrisons cookie crumble ice cream cone.

Today’s calorie total: 795 (Wooohoo!!)

• posted by Goblin Queen
    on

Hi all, I started on Tuesday 30th of May, nice to meet you all, I’ve found it surprisingly easy so far I checked my weight this morning and I’m 11lbs down, so really, really hoping to have lost a stone by Tuesday. I have 7stone to loose in total (well nearly only 6 now!) My eight weeks will nicely coincide with our family holiday to kefalonia, hoping the low carb Mediterranean diet should be easy to continue with there. I normally eat chocolate every single day, I can’t believe I don’t even want any. Hope you are all well today, looking forward to the journey.

on

Wow Goblin Queen that’s incredible. Well done!

I stood on the scales today and I’m delighted to report I have lost 5lbs nearly 6. I blame this on being ill disciplined this week. Today hasn’t been great. Think I’m coming down with a cold so it’s a miracle my calorie count is only 1028 as normally feeling ill = junk food and lucozade.

However today’s menu has been:

Breakfast: no carb bircher

Lunch: mexi platter

Dinner: half a roast chicken breast, 2 new potatoes, red and green pepper, mushrooms and carrots with a small amount of bacon. (Bit of an odd meal but I liked it)

I then had another ice cream because I was feeling sorry for myself. Without it I would have been just over 800 so should have resisted the ice cream but next week is a bit of an odd one so I’m sure it won’t mater.

Green tea shake for tomorrow’s breakfast.

• posted by StJames
    on

I too started this week! Super happy with my weigh in today with a total loss this week of 15lbs. I know it will slow down over the coming weeks but I hope it doesn’t slow too much! I have around 4 stone left to shift and I’m in it till I win it!

Any tips for making the most of the weight loss. Iv been hammering the water intake and keeping my meals at/below 800cals and keeping my carbs at about 30/40%.

Loving all the foods and my sleep has been so so much better! I don’t wake up feeling like the walking dead cast!

on

I started this week too and lost 1lb! Need to get my act together clearly wasnt doing something right, hey ho will carry on and adhere better!

• posted by shubz
    on

Awesome stuff StJames. 15lbs is quite a bit. Very cool, keep going.

Same chasing_lions … pretty awesome too. Your posts are making me love the no carb bircher too 🙂

My story so far :

Day 6 : 765, 124, 84.6
    Day 7 : 785, 151, 84.1
    Day 8 : 750, 140, 83.8

So about 3.5kg, or as google translates about 7.5lbs. More importantly, the blood glucose hasn’t spiked too much. So I am stoked so far, something I was skeptical about happening, but am so excited now.

• posted by Gpowpow
    on

I have started to day all 🙂 for my holiday in 10 weeks time. Im not Diabetic but i do carry most of my weight around the tummy area.
    Looking forward to the challenge and hoping to see a difference in 8 weeks. I am a bit worries though i may be starving as i am doing the gym and running! Hope are all doing well today 🙂

on

Welcome St James, CatFelinelady! Gpowpow sounds like you are going to be super active! Just make sure to drink plenty of water and pace yourself.

Sadly my job is a desk one so don’t get much activity in though I am trying to get up often (when I remember!)

No Carb Bircher is great Shubz and you are doing incredibly well. Need to take a leaf out of your book and keep my calories down to the 800 more often.

CatFelinelady are you drinking lots of water? I’ve heard it can help also restricting carbs as well below 50g. We’re all different and 1lb loss doesn’t necessarily mean you are doing something wrong. I’ve seen lots on this forum loosing similar and then some weeks they loose more. Stick with it!

on

Hi all and welcome to the new posters! Congrats on your weight losses so far and for those with smaller losses, don’t be despondent. Everyone drops at different rates. That’s what I keep telling myself anyway!

Bit of a rough few days for me. Bit haphazard on the old eating front. I’ve managed somehow to pretty much stay under the 800 calories but really do need to get better at forward planning! Slowly refining my shopping list with each week. Bet I have it down pat by week 8!! That said, it’s a way of eating I intend to stick with as I do genuinely feel better for it.

Happy Monday all xx

on

Well done leeleecheechee (mind if I call you lee?)

Yesterdays calorie total was 717 which I’m pleased with. Wasn’t feeling my best and couldn’t get in my PJs fast enough after work.

My little girl was poorly with a tummy bug as well so hoping that won’t spread although it appears to just be a 24hr thing.

Felling rather tired today and it must show. My manager and the director just brought me a coffee and a tea at the same time! XD

on

Hi
    No I am not drinking nearly enough water, I know that. I am a poor drinker of anything, never have a thirst!! But I know I have been over my daily limit of cals on a few of the days and I will look at how many carbs I am taking. Keep up the good work everyone x

• posted by shubz
    on

CatFelineLady,

I am terrible at drinking water. My trick to force myself to drink water is to set a daily alarm on the hour, every hour on my iPhone. I am also forcing my self to keep a 2L bottle of water visible on my desk at work, and on the living room table at home. Struggle sometimes, but its making me drink water.

Plus drinking water a while before lunch/dinner .. is getting the hunger management done and keeping me from going overboard on cals.. That plus, my newfound love for soups of all kinds.

You are probably already doing well, it will show in sometime. And I bet you’ll be drinking enough water, and keeping cals very much in check soon enough. keep going.

on

Hi all (yes please do call me Lee!)
    Better day today, I think. Breakfast (boiled egg) and lunch (chicken breast and roasted vegetables) was too small for me and by home time I was reaching danger point!
    Quick dash to Sainsbury’s on the way home and got a ready made courgetti bolognese. Not ideal but today wasn’t the day for cooking from scratch! Topped with 20g of grated cheddar and crisis averted!! Surprisingly good and filled the gap. Definitely a staple I will add to the shopping list for just such occasions.

So, tomorrow I have my monthly epic meeting (4pm-8pm), so going to switch it up and go big for meals during the day and have prepped some garlic and parsley prawns with cherry tomatoes for when I get in. Got a fasting blood test Thursday morning, so will help eating that bit later I hope!

Chasing lions, apparently I’m looking tired as well. Strange as I’m sleeping better than ever. Must be due for that facial 🤣
    I’m lucky with the whole water thing as I’ve always drunk a lot of that, must be around 3-4 litres per day! Certainly helps with the hunger and an evening distraction…

Chasing lions, I hope your daughter feels better soon xx

on

Well done Lee. I could do with a facial!

Yesterdays Calories: 607.

Today has been uber stressful at work so I have been downing coffee like it’s going out of fashion. Water intake hasn’t been great as a result. Managing to keep myself from pigging out though (It’s a miracle!)

Will total my calories for today later but I’m dying for a glass or 3 of wine after today. I shall probably resist……..

• posted by shubz
    on

Resist Chasing_Lions, Resist. Its really tough on days like that, but you got it. 🙂

I was having a tough day at work today too, managed to drink the hot water dispenser out of action, and started sweating in meetings. Luckily stopped at two cups of coffee. Wanted to go get a burger, but my friend had better sense and took me to a soup place 🙂

And getting inspired by lee, a massage in the evening probably. Keep going Lee.

11lbs in 10 days. Sugar keeping steady. Still stoked on how this is going… looking forward to my lemony salmon for dinner.

on

So, 90 minute facial booked for the 23rd June. It’s my birthday the next day which is reason enough but I figure some of the money I shall save on a booze filled night out can go towards it!

Had my second fasting blood test today with a gp review next week. I’m hoping he will see how my levels have dropped since starting this 3 weeks ago will encourage him not to put me on medication. That would be the best birthday present! Well, that and 🎂 🤣

Tough day today. Hit the ground running when I arrived at work and couldn’t stop for any brekkie which meant I did a 16 hour fast 😱
    It made lunch bigger as I moved the yoghurt and berries to “pudding” and felt great for the rest of the day! Eventually got home and genuinely too exhausted to even think about preparing food, plus it’s two days before food delivery which meant I felt a bit like “there’s nothing to eat!!” (There is plenty)

Old habits die hard and I knew I was close to a sod it moment. So, executive decision taken quickly resulted in two gluten free sausages getting bunged in the oven. So, not ideal and a far cry from being a balanced meal but it was what I needed. I wil end up 34 calories over but I’ve been under by more several times, so I think it will all come out in the wash. Off tomorrow to take dad to a few medical appointments, so will be able to re-group and deal with my menu in my usual methodical way.

Oh and the sausages were worth every mouthful….

• posted by Steffers
    on

I started same day as you! How are you doing? I’m finding it great but had a big wobble today, just felt very tired and weak! I may have had some frozen dates (I pretend they’re toffee)….😳Otherwise though am down 8lbs. How about you? Xxxx

• posted by StJames
    on

How is everyone doing this week? Couple of days the scales told me I had gained 1lb to then come off with an extra pound the following day. Weigh in yesterday morning took me to a total loss of 21lbs since the 29th so I’m ecstatic! I’m aiming for another 3lbs of this week (dreams)

• posted by shubz
    on

StJames, Awesome stuff, 21lbs is pretty incredible, onwards to more.

Steffers, 8lbs is great. Hope the wobble was temporary and you are back to feeling great 🙂

I am hitting a little bit of a pleatue I think on weight, but still determination is strong. And my blood sugar is holding steady, so still very much motivated to carry through. About 2 weeks done. The best part is hunger is mostly gone, a bit of tiredness once in a while, but generally feeling much better. And sleeping soundly, which hasn’t happened in years. My numbers story so far.

Day 6 : 765, 124, 84.6
    Day 7 : 785, 151, 84.1
    Day 8 : 750, 140, 83.8
    Day 9 : 684, 132, 83.5
    Day 10: 615, 153, 83.5
    Day 11: 765, 120, 83.1
    Day 12: 795, 158, 83.1
    Day 13: 740, 138, 82.9

So about 10lbs in two weeks. Not bad, when I didn’t expect going past the second day 🙂

on

Hey all,

Sorry I’ve been a bit quiet. I’ve been handed a major task at work which has been uber stressful and time consuming. So instead of pigging out on convenience food that I normally have around (but obviously no longer since clearing out the cupboards) I’ve gone completely the opposite way and struggled to sit down and eat. So calorie count has been low but carbs a little higher than last week. I didn’t expect much off this week but weighed in today at 12St 4lbs so that’s a loss of 3lbs since last week which is OK.

I also measured myself and have lost an inch off my hips and two under the bust. Oddly nothing off my waist or boobs but my tum does hang down a bit (of which I am deeply ashamed) so guessing that might take a little longer.

Praying I don’t plateau any time soon. Think it’s time to try and figure out a way of getting in some exercise

on

So, I’ve been keeping at it in my own quiet way.

Enjoyed my Sunday morning with 3 hours of uninterrupted telebox watching. 2 hours of Obese: A year to save my life followed by the uber trashy Biggest Loser! All enjoyed with a bucket of tea and my lush Greek yoghurt with blueberries. Its a guilty pleasure but given it starts at 9am and I used to be wallowing in my hangover around that time while waiting for dominoes to open it’s a huge life change. I have so much more of it now. The house is clean, the fridge stuffed with great food and today load after load of washing completed, dried on the line and put away. (Love that air dried laundry smell) just got to change the bed now to take advantage of it. I’ve also collected a bag of fat clothes to go to charity. I was very sad to wave goodbye to old faithful black jeans but hiking them up every few steps is not an attractive look! However, I am delighted to advise that they have been replaced with a pair of next skinny jeans (who on earth do I think I am??!!) Still, I am discovering I want to wear more fitted clothes rather than hiding myself away. That might explain the new Boden wrap dress…..
    Lunch was a chard, pea shoot, lambs lettuce and beetroot salad with some left over roasted veg and some chicken. Still don’t recognise my behaviour…

Progress has been slow but steady. I always knew it would be slower for me having less to lose (having lost 4 stone 5 or 61lbs over the last few years) but the blood sugar and avoiding medication is the true goal. That said, I’ve had a bit of a “wooosh” this week losing 4.2lbs which has been double what I’ve done previously. So now I’ve lost 10.5lbs since I started this woe and I’m actually 4.5lbs off reaching the top end of “normal” whoop whoop!! Long term, I’ve still got 18lbs to lose, so it doesn’t stop here.

Wake up blood sugar when I started was 14.3 and today it was 7.9 which is higher than some I have seen but shows significant improvement but loads more work to do yet!!

Wow, this has turned into Homers Odyssey, so for those still awake, well done!!

Cat has joined me on the bed, snuggled up to me while I write. Perhaps it’s time for tea rather than changing the bed….😁

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Hi all – am rubbish with computers and finding my way around sites, am brilliant at yo-yo dieting with blood sugars that are creeping up (nothing diagnosed however), and have decided to start the 800 Fast diet to give me a really good boost to feeling good about myself again. Has anyone done their own thing – ie, count calories, carbs etc themselves? I love cooking and eat a very varied diet but don’t want to be “tied” to a diet sheet. If so, does anyone have an idea of the general number of grams of carbs allowed in a day please? Thankyou, Ruth

• posted by shubz
    on

You write really well Lee, and its very inspiring. Better than Homers Odyssey, actually. 🙂 Hope you got around to changing the bed, instead of sleeping away snuggled with your cat…10lbs is great, and its great to see the blood sugar is getting better. Thats my prime goal too, all the others are cherries on top of a creamy strawberry cheesecake waiting to be devoured … oh, I am dreaming now 🙂

Luckily, been able to fight temptations. Went to a night market with lots of amazing food, that I would have had a fill off in the past life, but resisted. Mighty proud 🙂

ruthydoo … yeah, the diet sheets are more “guidance”, than actual plan. As long as you keep within 800 calories, and 50gm carbs, you’ll see the results. I do my own calorie/carb counting and experimentation. Try My fitness pal or other calorie counter. Add the stuff you are eating, and keep a check on carbs. Even Veggies have carbs, so you can go over :). And when you find great recipes that work for you, share … so we can enjoy them with you.

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Thanks shubz – I love experimenting so will certainly post anything very low carby which is a “goer”! I have an ancient phone (am not very good with techy things!), so I’m concocting a list of all the food components I may possibly consume and recording calories per gram and carbs per gram (I think you have to minus fibre values off of the carb count too??) – it’s really easy then for me to refer to and tally up as I go. Nothing like a pen and a bit of paper!!

Feeling inspired and well motivated, up at the crack of dawn today, walked the dog much further than I would have normally and can’t wait to start loving my body and myself again. 3.5 stone is an ideal weight for me – roll on summer!!

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

I must share a really really simple meal idea – I’m trying to eat a bit less meat so decided to fry a spiralised medium courgette and 100g of chopped asparagus tips in 1 teaspoon of olive oil for about 3 to 4 minutes. I added 60g of reduced fat crème fraiche (to save a few calories), juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper and heated, then served with a dessert spoon of pumpkin seeds on top for bite. Lovely and VERY quick! Great first day, feeling positive.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Most people try to stick to less than 50g net carbs a day, but some, particularly type 2 diabetics and those on medication have to drop it to around 20g net carbs per day.

on

Oh dear. All is not well on the western front.

Not a good day for me. I’ve been interviewing all day, while the doctor was frantically trying to get hold of me to send me to a&e!

Apparently I have an acute electrolyte imbalance. Very low potassium and sodium. They want me to wait for the results and then see what the hospital plan is after that. I’m hoping that it’s a simple case of fluid overload but I’m not so sure….😱

As sole carer for my father I’ve made the decision to present myself tomorrow after I’ve had time to sort his medication for a few days, pack a bag and charge the kindle!!

I have made the executive decision to take myself off BSD tonight and endeavour to have potassium and sodium high foods as well as oral hydration salts. I won’t tell you what, so I can’t be accused of inducing cravings for you all 😜

Shame as my fasting bs was the best ever this morning at 6.7! Plus I’ve never felt so well or slept better. Go figure….

Wish me luck 🤢🤕☹️

• posted by ruthydoo
    on

Thanks Mixnmatch – good to have some figures as a general guideline. Tell me, what is a “net carb” please. What I have been doing is taking the value of fibre away from the value of total carbs in a food to give me the carb score. Is that right??? Thanks

on

Oh no Lee! Praying for you today.

I’m no expert but maybe introduce a bit of marmite to your diet? Let us know how it goes. I’m thinking of you!

Last night I had roast chicken breast 1 and a half new potatoes roasted (It was a treat and tasted amazing) with loads of veg.

I’ve been bad at counting the calories recently so today I’m focussing on the numbers.

Breakfast: No carb bircher (surprise, surprise!)

Lunch: Bit of a strange combination. Chicken and some mayonnaise on ryvita cracker bread with an apple and some almonds.

Dinner: Likely to be butternut squash soup. I made some the other day, roasted first in the oven and added some chilli flakes and chicken stock. It was soooooooo yummy and low on the calories. I confess I miss the bread with it but I add a bit of extra mature grated cheese to add a bit of something to the already very nice flavour.

Also started drinking a cup of green tea a day as I’ve heard tell that it’s a help with weight loss. Unfortunately the only flavour green tea I have at work is peppermint (I need to go and buy some more) but it’s not made me too hungry.

Hope you are all having a good week.

on

Everyone loving the sunshine in the UK right now? It’s so helpful in cutting the over eating as I don’t like to eat much when it’s hot.

Todays breakfast: No Carb Bircher (seriously need to change this up a bit 🙂 )

Lunch: Tuna Salad (and sat outside in the sunshine for a good 20 minutes and soaked up so much needed vitamin D)

Dinner: Not sure yet. Either soup or sausages. Hubby is cooking tonight and is under instruction to keep the calories and carbs to a minimum.

Drinking more water today as I haven’t been good at it this last week and I can feel the difference.

Please log in or register to post a reply.