Sort out your wardrobe!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

This thread is a light hearted one, just for anyone who always wanted a wardrobe makeover.
    This could be a literal redesign of the wardrobe, or just moral support to toss stuff away.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Ok, skipping I’m your first client!

My wardrobe was designed for someone with size 8 jackets on top rail and petite trousers on bottom rail. The ‘shelves’ are same depth, suitable for boxes but I need to see clothes or I won’t wear them.

There are 2 hanging space closets, 8 large deep shelves and 5 deep drawers in the built-in storage. I have a 5 drawer cabinet with very useful drawers for my go to clothes, so the storage shelves and drawers are for towels and clothes that time forgot.

I should really give my husband a little more space in the wardrobe.

I know I should measure the wardrobe so my dresses don’t drape over the bottom rail. I have been planning to change the rail for the last 8 years we have lived here!
    Just putting it in writing helps me understand why it’s not working.
    Anything else you need to know, just ask.

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

So, it seems that you are not suffering from a lack of space but the space isn’t really arranged me meet you needs. Is this right?
    What do you wear most, trousers, skirts, dresses?
    Do you iron everying and like it to be hung?
    When you say you only wear the clothes you can see. Is that because you just end up wearing you favourite clothes( like me ) or because you really can’t remember what you’ve got.
    Are you a hoarder? Both my granny and mother are and my daughter has inherited their tendencies.
    Are you tidy? I have tidy intentions but frequently fail to live up to them.
    You said I should ask😄

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Skipping, this is such a treat!

*So, it seems that you are not suffering from a lack of space but the space isn’t really arranged to meet your needs. Is this right?
    Yes, plenty of useful space, just not in a good configuration.

*What do you wear most, trousers, skirts, dresses?
    In summer, dresses; jogging pants, trainers. Blouses, t-shirts and skirts, less. I have several skirts and dresses that I no longer need as they are quite formal for legal work environment.

In cooler months (including summer) sweatpants, linen trousers, t-shirts, jeans, all which will soon be the wrong size 😀 that’s size 18 L.

*Do you iron everying and like it to be hung?
    I iron dresses and cotton blouses before hanging them in the wardrobe. Most of my clothes are chosen because they shake free of creases and can be folded without ironing.

T-shirts are easy care and are always first at hand as don’t need to be ironed.
    I have many jackets that are too small still, yet are taking up useful space.

*When you say you only wear the clothes you can see. Is that because you just end up wearing you favourite clothes( like me ) or because you really can’t remember what you’ve got.

I found clothes that should have been given away 4 years ago recently. I thought I sorted everything last summer, but see below for the hoarding reflex.

The upside is that I can find new combinations that surprise me. This shows how my weight has shifted over years, as some clothes now fit that I last tried on 5 years ago.

*Are you a hoarder?
    I found it hard to give away clothes that once made me feel good. And if they fit me again, that is a bonus. However, maybe I won’t find anywhere to wear them.
    I gave away the clothes that I never liked wearing last year.

Are you tidy? No, I’m messy and so is hubby. We sort out our laundry, dry and iron it, then with a huge mental effort I decide where to stuff them. This is why my favourite clothes are always on the same hangers and at the front of the black holes (otherwise known as built in shelving.)

• posted by wendleg
    on

It’s interesting but I was just saying to Allie the other day that we are all getting smaller and at different stages of our weight discard so having clothes we no longer wear.

I recently discovered ‘ vide dressings’ in France which are like car boot sales for clothes and I have been buying stuff from there which means I can have pre loved items at very low cost . I save money and have smaller clothes. I have lots of clothes in my wardrobe I no longer wear , far too many in fact and I desperately need to declutter.

I have lots of dresses, tunics etc in UK sizes18, 20 and 22. I wear size 16 now and some 14s.I do not intend to go back to the bigger sizes !

I had an idea but I don’ t know how feasible it would be. I would love to make my no longer needed stuff available to other BSDers ?? Would some sort of “clothes share” interest anyone ??

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Lovely idea but how would you get it to us? Post? I commend your thinking though.💞🦜

• posted by alliecat
    on

When we were on skype last Sunday, I warmed to this idea, too, Wendy. You would need a centrally located place for
    these wardrobe exchanges. The cost of shipping to the UK is astronomical for me, though. I’m doing the next best
    thing…Those of you that know both Kazz and I, already know that she will be crossing the pond to stay with us in
    October. I’ve been cleaning out my closet, and instead on donating an assortment of sizes, I’ve carefully packed
    them up in a large plastic bin for her to discover when she is here. Told her to travel light, and leave lots of room
    in her suitcase! 🙂

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

I like the idea of passing the clothes on. We support a charity shop in the town where my swanky skirts and jackets can be rehomed.
    eBay is useful for many things but it’s hard to photograph and describe clothes with accuracy.

I’m going to do a clear out tomorrow morning, so I can get a clear idea of how much if anything I want to wear now.

on

Patricia, that gives me loads to work on. Your attitude to ironing is almost the same as mine. I think very carefully about buying things that need ironing and usually end up putting it back on the rack.
    Are your reallly feeling up for this, physically and emotionally? Well let’s start.
    The only way to have a proper clear out and really see what you’ve got is to look at everything and decide what your going to do with it. Set yourself some Guidelines, for example; clothes you wear now, clothes you wear but are not this season, clothes that you know you are going to wear but don’t fit you yet…

if you want to streamline your wardrobe then some stuff needs to go.

If you have business clothes to donate I know that this charity does really excellent work helping disadvantaged women prepare for job interviews. Clothes in larger sizes are always in short supply. https://smartworks.org.uk/where-we-are/
    I’m going to have a think and get back to this tomorrow

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

I can relate to Smartworks, it’s very important to feel you fit in to the working environment, yet until you are earning how do you access the right shopping advice for the job?

Skipping, I am so motivated I can’t express it.
    My sister agrees with me, since changing my food, I have become a whole new person. I’m positive, alert and determined to achieve my goals. I have confidence in myself, so I make plans. Even breaking a bone hasn’t stopped me because I can adapt my routine to maintain activities.

I would have protected myself from making changes before, in case I looked insecure.

Now I can admit I am looking forward to making those changes.

Once I have chosen the clothes and shoes to keep, I’ll make a list. This will take less than a week, but in meantime, Birdy76 and others interested, tell me are you thinking of joining me in sorting out your wardrobe?

• posted by On a mission
    on

Me too. I’ve just cleared two hugebin bags of clothes. I always give clothes donations to the Salvation Army, they do great, long term work, in helping the homeless.
    I haven’t got rid of any work clothes yet, I’m too scared, but I’m off to get some smaller trousers and skirts this weekend before I go back to work on Monday.
    I’m then really tempted to try a personal shopper experience in order to revamp my summer wardrobe in a few more weeks. I’m stuck in a rut with clothes and rely for too much in jeans at the weekend.

on

Organizations like smart works are amazing, I used to work with women in shelters and when your on benefits and have a handful of clothes, no money and zero confidence how on earth are you going to change your life around?
    Your positivity is infectious so I’m going to stop faffing around and do some toning exercises.
    Happy sorting!

• posted by On a mission
    on

I’ll check out smart works when I’m ready for my next cull. Skipping did you attempt a fast. I’m really thinking about attempting a 24 hour fast. I think I’m getting used to 800 calaories and need to shake things up a bit.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Was looking at the content of my walk-in wardrobe and have realised there is simply much too much stuffed in there, so once we are back from Turkey, I’ve decided that I need to haul it all out and make some decisions on what to keep and what to pass on. All my bigger clothes – except for a couple of dresses and a couple of pairs of jeans – have been ejected already, BUT I keep buying from charity shops and not moving anything out, so there’s just way too much in the wardrobe now.

We often take clothes out to Turkey with us, to donate to poorer village people, but I also like to pass things to charities at home and if any garment is beyond donation, it goes in the recycling. The idea of being able to share clothes with other BSDers is a good one, but coming up with a good and workable system to do that, might just prove too challenging – looking forward to possible options though.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Once I lost the weight I took all my larger clothes to the charity shop as I won’t ever need them again. How’s that for confidence/determination?

I still had plenty of clothes left in my current size and they felt like new as I hadn’t been able to wear them for years (some I’d never worn.) I intend to lose another half stone before buying anything new. When the time comes I’m going to have to think carefully about what to get. I’m now quite a bit older than when I last bought many clothes (I only bought the bigger sizes when I really had to) and I have different needs too as I no longer work in an office and now travel a lot, so don’t want to many delicate, easily creased items.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I am going to be checking my wardrobes before our holiday, trying on the clothes I want to take away with me. I know I have lots to throw / give away but I am currently trying to wear out things. Like that dingy but comfortable bra and the T-shirt that is getting longer and longer every time I was it. I give to charity but a lot of my clothes are too well worn as I hang on to things. Besides a couple of charity shops and the re-cycle we have a depository for in between i.e. still got some wear in them but not worth selling. These go to refuge camps all over the world. I put old lacy bras (not the dingy one) because I always remember the women in a Thai prison (Bridget Jones Diary) fighting over who got her bra as they had never had one. If the charity doesn’t want them they will still be sorted for recycle.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

This is sort of fascinating — it’s like a sociological study through the lens of clothing — our clothes (what we wear and how we choose and maintain) “say” so much!
    Fun to read!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

My wardrobe is tiny! My O/H has two wardrobes and four sets of draws just for his clothes🤣🤣. I have never been a big clothes, shoes and handbag girly girl. I find something I like and buy it. I think it maybe that I have always been big and hate it when something I really like won’t fit.😢. I can’t walk in high heals that well either and I can’t wear flat flat shoes as I get a collapsed arch😢. Thiink I may need to go to the knackers yard! Oh woe is me🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You’re right C/girl. I’m guessing with your recent move, the whole wardrobe thing is something you had to tackle head-on as well. When we get back from Turkey, perhaps we can link up through Allie, now that you are in Bath and not so far from where I am.

on

Sunshine girl, the description of you dingy bra and ever growing t shirt certainly resonates here. But Its all gone except for I pair of jogging bottoms., and a manky hoody for doing the cleaning in. Some of it is still waiting in bags to be rehomed.

I really feel like I know what suits me now. I’m also happy to have fewer clothes, especially when they’re ones I love. I think in my younger years I was often tempted to buy things for the woman I wanted to be not the one I actually was! I see this as a benefit of getting older.
    I met someone recently who has only one style of tunic, top, trousers and cardigan. She loves them and has bought them in the full range of shades. Same with her shoes and boots. She told me it’s taken her several years to build up her collection and seems set for the rest of her life. I’m not quite as hardcore as her but it set me thinking.

• posted by On a mission
    on

Sunshine girl,
    I totally get the find your style thing. I think capsular wardrobes are the way forward. I think I’m at an age when it’s quality over quantity – unless of course it’s handbags and jumpers. Then I can’t help myself 🥴

on

On a mission, I’ve been really hungry this week and eaten breakfast a couple of days which I don’t normally need. I’m still planning to give the 24 hours a try but it’s going to be after Easter when the kids are back at school. To make it work I’m going to have to chose my day carefully but I think I can do it. I did 20 hours 1 day last week. What’s another 4 hours? I think you should do it first and report back😄

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I agree with the quality verses quantity. Last year I started shopping in Crew as I love there 3/4 arm length stripy T’s they sell, put (they wash well with minimum ironing to boot) with a nice pair of straight legged jeans and my joules Gillette it is a classic layered look. Layers help,us to look slimmer and I a, all up for that!🤣. I am hoping by may that I will be able to fit into their cable knit v neck jumpers and look good instead of frumpy. I love brilliant white, baby blue or pink shirts under v neck jumpers. I would also love to be able to fit into a knee high pair of boots. My calves are massive! Rugby payers would love to have them and my thighs❤️🤣🤣🤣🤣 . 💞🦜

• posted by JGwen
    on

Confession time, before I can sort out my wardrobe I have to sort out the heaps on the floor so I can get to it. :-} – The wardrobe is a fitted wardrobe which was built by my boyfriend at the time. Two errors, only enough selves for a single shelf each of tee shirts , sweatshirt tops and track suit bottoms, which are the main items of my clothes for everyday wear hence the overflowing boxes of each covering most of the space in front of the wardrobe. Also he decided to work out the right depth by taking the measurement from an old gentlemans wardrobe. – Which of course happened to be of the style while the rail runs from back to front, which meant he made the wardrobe too narrow to fit rails going in the correct direction. So I can only clearly see the item hanging at the front of each rack and the rest is a guessing game.

I am feeling again a bit like a sculptor. I when I sit down I can see the outline of what size my legs will be once the flabby bits are discarded.

When I next have a clothes shopping trip my aim will be for a pair of chainsaw trousers. – Its not a case of being able to go down a size, they only make them in male sizes and I haven’t been able to squeeze my chunky thighs and hips into a pair.

on

No judgement here about your boxes, jgwen, if we’re confessing, I have an armchair where I sling clothes that have been worn but can be worn again. It is like a small jumblesale. When ever I clear it away I think ,” now skipping, that looks so much better doesn’t it. Stop being such a sloven “ I rarely take my own advice.

If we were running a competition for who has the worst wardrobe you’d been in the lead.
    I used to have a gentleman’s wardrobe that was a disaster. I turned the rail around but of course then there wasn’t enough room for hangers.
    The solution was to take out the rail and put in shelves.

I thought for a minute that your chainsaw trousers were some fancy designer brand I’d never hear of😄

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Birdy76, I found your gilet, it’s really nice and there will be space soon. 😁
    Just going through the coats and jackets:
    1. Recycling only
    2. Good condition, don’t want it anymore (charity shop)
    3. Good condition, too small
    4. Good condition, perfect size but wrong season
    5. Good condition, perfect size, ready to wear.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Ha ha I am a clothes “flinger” also — any chair or table or bookshelf will do. Then I can simply re-select from the pile when I am dressing!
    SunnyB, yes, that’s a whole other story — moving to Bristol I have only taken one very big suitcase — I loaded it with my go-to clothes, like black pants, shirts and black clogS.
    As I have gotten older, I prefer just a few things — my favorite look is black leggings, low black “riding boots” and a nice white or other colored shirt with a REALLY nice scarf tossed on top (like Hermès!) — it works everywhere, looks dressed up or dressed down and is EASY!!
    Sunny, when you get back from Turkey, please let me know! By then perhaps I will have learned to drive on the left and I could drive to meet you somewhere! It makes me so glad to “know” someone in my new home!!
    It’s just incredibly nerve racking moving all that way — maybe I need to go shopping to calm my brain down ha ha! (There is an Hermès store at the airport LOL!)

on

Patricia,
    That’s a great start. I would pack away 3 and 4 so their not taking up hanging space. Coats and jackets store well flat so long as you don’t cram them into whatever your storing them in.
    Gives you more gillet space too.
    CG your look sounds both comfy and elegant. I love have less clothes. Part of me thinks that having a lot of stuff weighs you down. and another part of me gets incredibly happy buying more stuff. Not sure whose going to win this battle.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Julia and Sunny, you MUST meet up at the first opportunity. 🙂 You both know that I’m standing by to convey email
    addresses. I’d be over the moon if I was in a new country and I had a friend only 30 miles away! I’m envious, in fact 🙂
    I’m looking forward to it FOR you….Julia, I’m so happy for you that you found a house so quickly, but it must have
    been a grueling few days. Lots of jet lag, I imagine too. I’m too embarrassed to admit to the state of my walk in closet,
    and will only admit to it after I’ve cleared it away. Shall I say that I procrastinate about addressing it until I am literally
    out of hangers???

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Birdy76, my legs are slimmer too. I was thinking of wearing a knee length pair of boots with mini dress this week – tis not to be. Instead it’s the space boot look! If I had a Doc Martens the other foot would nearly match.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi Patricia I love love love my gilet and it fits better already. Such a great addition to my wardrobe and even though there is no arms it keeps me lovely and warm when needed. I think I will have to invest in a second though🤣🤣. One of my goals is to buy knees length boots and I know if I carry on the way I am going on this WOE it WILL happen. Yes I can imagine your space boot is not going with your planned clothing, but hey it is keeping your ankle safe and by the time you go on hols it will be a distant memory 😉💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Skipping, here is my progress so far. Wherever I say we, it’s DH doing the removal or putting things away. He enjoyed the fashion show so much, he is totally motivated!

Built in wardrobe has 2 closets. 5 X 1 sets of vertical shelves, one in each closet. They can’t be adjusted, although we could pull them out damaging the MDF wardrobe structure. To give an impression of the shelf volume, two of these boxes will fit on a shelf with total depth 55cm. B07F65FFGK
    The storage area above the closets is divided into two sections.

We stored the winter coats, socks and jumpers, and stuff that I want to wear but I am still too big.
    We put away the winter weight duvet. (Then took it out as it’s been hailstones and subzero for last 2 days.)

The shoes in the closet are still unsorted.
    I have a pile of clothes for the charity shop.

We disposed of the ripped and “holey” clothes in recycling.

The remaining clothes are on hangers or folded on shelves. The built-in drawers are full of towels, sheets etc. The chest of drawers store bras, socks, tights in top drawer; lower 4 drawers are empty now.

I saw these boxes on Amazon, and thought I could use them for jersey and light weight woollens; Delicate skirts with sequins! Shoes.
    I can label them to show what’s inside.

We removed the lower rail on both closets, DH’s jackets can now hang straight; my maxi dresses and coats hang properly too.

DH has been “storing” his jumpers and trousers on the bedroom chair. He has a wardrobe rail on wheels for ironed work shirts, but it’s falling apart. He irons every shirt so he uses the ironing board more than I do. Now there is space for them in the closet, and he has agreed to use it.

• posted by alliecat
    on

You have really motivated me, Patricia, to take on the task of organizing my walk in closet! Clothes pole on both
    sides, and a jumble of shoes on the floor! I CAN do better than this 🙂

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

The boxes arrived today and I began folding. And folding. Hours later, I have 3 boxes with t-shirts, jersey shirts; belts and luggage straps.

The woolie jumpers are folded on the shelf, with nothing stored behind. Same with jeans and track suits.

Shoes are in the bottom of the wardrobe.

Scarves, underwear and gloves are in a chest of drawers.

The wardrobe now looks neat, though this depends on me keeping up with the folding. I’m very happy with the look of the boxes, they are a very reasonable price and hold a lot. It fits my shelf space.

Skipping, this started when you said you have an empty wardrobe. Mine started as overflowing, with most of DH shirts and jumpers on chairs. Now it’s easy to find our stuff and the wardrobe is merely full and the chairs are visible again! 😁

You are in Spain, aren’t you? Have a great time.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Well I take it that everyone is busy tidying their wardrobe 😙😁

Allie, Birdy, stop me from buying up eBay!

I’ve been a bit obsessed with the wardrobe project, and now it’s done I need to avoid buying more clothes.

I just bought two swimsuits, for the Sardinia holiday. I can’t swim yet but I’ll look good!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Cutie, you will stop traffic in Sardinia 🙂 Wendy has just put some of her fabulous Boden short dresses up on ebay!
    You have truly inspired me to begin on my closet…I’ve been emptying hangers in a ruthless manner, and finding
    new organizational storage options online. It makes so much sense to locate an over-the-door thing to store
    shoes, as oppose to scrabbling around on the floor of the closet each day! I’m also on the lookout for something
    for necklaces and bracelets, rather than opening a slew of small boxes each day. I see a 2 week Spring cleaning
    task on the horizon before I completely restore “order” 🙂 🙂 🙂 Have a great holiday weekend!

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Allie, the over the door shelf only works for you if you get up on a stool. 😉
    Anything up there needs to remain there!

A room just for clothes, maybe there’s space for a chest of drawers?

My hero is skipping of the empty wardrobe. I have removed tons of clothes, I’m delighted every time I open the doors.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Wendy, I love the shelf with hooks for necklaces, very appealing

• posted by alliecat
    on

What fantastic ideas, Wendy! I will be perusing all of your links at my leisure 🙂 You have seen the explosion of
    bracelets and necklaces that have found their way into my shopping cart in the past 6 months! It’s hard to believe
    that my entire wardrobe consisted of 3 pairs of trousers and 6 tunic tops for 17 years!

Patricia, can you describe what an English wardrobe looks like? I have a chest of drawers that is @ 42″ wide, with
    4 drawers, and a 4′ x 6′ armoire, as well as a 6′ deep walk in closet. Surely this is enough space! The over the closet
    door shoe unit just has prongs that hook over the top of the closet door, and then there are pockets to place shoes
    in. Height is no problem, because I’m 5’7″, and I can reach anything 🙂

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Allie, I was thinking of shelves above your door. They would be quite inaccessible even to me at 6ft.
    A shoe storage hooked onto the closet door is a very good idea. I thought you needed more shelf space, that’s why I suggested another chest of drawers.

My built-in wardrobes (2) and drawers (5) are 55cm deep, 14m in length. The chest of drawers have 5 drawers. This is enough space for most people; but my clothes spread into DH’s closet, and he wanted to leave all his clothes on the bedroom chairs. Now, it all is stored away or is hung up where we can see it.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi ladies I have done it!🤣. Wardrobe sorted and my chest of drawers. I can see what I have left and it ain’t much🤣🤣. I did some trying on before I flung and a few things are fitting better already😝. Next week I will tackle my kitchen cupboards🤣.💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Feels great doesn’t it!

It’s so hot today, I put on suncream just to walk outdoors.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Patricia, I had to remove the occasional chairs from the bedroom for just that reason 🙂 Tell me the truth….Do you
    keep opening the wardrobe just so that you can admire your handiwork??? I’m using this gloomy, rainy day to
    sort hangers by type: ankle length pants, crops, tops by length; long sleeve, 3/4 length, short sleeve and sleeveless,
    Spring and summer sweaters, etc. You must take a bow, because you’ve motivated us all! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Corresponding
    Fall and Winter garments on the right, Spring and summer on the left. Next up: Shoes, boots and sandals, and then on
    to handbags! Finally, hoover the floor! See what you started?

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I have never had a huge selection in the wardrobe, and it has got even smaller (and noticeably blacker) as these dratted turkeys kept inexplicably sticking to me… I have been sorting more today, my to be ironed basket was quite full of linen tops, so did some mending (some armholes a bit holey), re-washed (with some of those “fragrancing” beads, which I’m ambivalent about because of micro-plastics, so won’t make a habit of that), dried in the wonderful weather, ironed and hung up in new wardrobe I had built (in October…) in what used to be upstairs “study”, aka dumping ground. Also re-laundered some old bras, which I had kept, which might be a better fit now (I am small back, all out front… the “front” being somewhat lower-slung nowadays…). I also took down from high shelves in another room two boxes of baby clothes I had kept from my two (now 25 and 27….). They are also going to be re-laundered and wrapped in fresh tissue paper. Wendleg, I did think of you as I was re-discovering the few babygros, lace knit blanket and the few little smocked dresses I had kept from my little girl chick….and tiny socks and bootees….I agree that clothes exchange would be logistically challenging, but I love to hear what people have bought,and any favourite brands (for particular fits/body shapes). We really are full-on re-ordering our lives aren’t we!

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Thanks Allie, we have all enjoyed this thread and it made my day when I realised that I’m not the only one who avoids ironing and stores stuff on the bedroom chairs 😁.

Allie, you are right about taking pride in my organisation! I love opening the doors of the wardrobe and thinking of what goes with what.

The jewelry – I’m thinking of putting necklaces into one of the boxes suspending them from thumb tacks. Easy to see them, and right beside the dress I’ll wear with it. The boxes are cloth over cardboard so should hold up.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well, four of my tunics are selling on Ebay, ready to be taken to the Uk for posting next Week. I’m a terrible squirrel and have a periodic clear out but not as rigourously as I should. I am really trying hard not to buy new stuff ( apart from the vibrant Boden raincoat I spotted ( ooops!) as I really have things which fit and look so much better now ( plus my vide dressing purchases !)

oh yes Turkeys, I am a silly old fool and still have baby stuff I cannot bear to part with ( my boys are 28 and 26 this year !!) I am so tempted to buy pretty baby clothes here . I must STOP THAT IMMEDIATELY !!!

I have been lounging in the garden today sunning my dazzlingly white legs but O/H did say they were looking skinnier ! He is sort of behaving himself on the new régime and is showing a discard on the scales and that is all I can expect for now.I will have my beady eye on him next week in the Uk !

• posted by alliecat
    on

Folks, Wendy has nothing approaching “beady” eyes! They are in fact a gorgeous green, which compliment her curly red hair
    famously 🙂 Her husband bears keeping an eye on, however! Easily drawn in by carbs, but he is improving…The wedding
    in the UK next week will be the test! Don’t be too hard on him, Cutie 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Squidge
    on

Ironing is VERY dangerous. Those things get HOT. I never take the risk.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Squidge – I have rediscovered my love of (steam) ironing! I retired from full time work abt 5 years ago (after a very full on career), and bought myself a steam cleaner, which was only taken out of the box last week, to address my grubby bathroom grouting…I cannot tell you how therapeutic the little putt-putt-psshh noise is; and excellent on grout! I love steam! And just bung the cloths in the machine – brilliant!

Please log in or register to post a reply.