sleepless night fun night

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Well, I couldn’t sleep a wink and I ended up trying on clothes and ditching those that were too baggy. Out with the old, in with the new. Luckily I had clothes in my wardrobe that were a little snug before so I have enough to go on with for now.

What I want to ask is anyone else suffering from the dawn effect? Has anyone beat it on the bsd? My readings are pretty much 5.4 most of the time now except in the morning. I was horrified to see 6.9 this morning. I want to get the fasting number down. Any advice?

Thanks so much for all of your posts, it is inspiring and motivating to hear of your journeys.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Sunshinegirl has some sound advice on this. Type in dawn effect in the search box at the top right hand side of the page. Have a small snack before going to bed.

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

Yes for most of the time I have had reasonable wakeup BGLs 4-5 (and I have not reached my goal weight yet). It appears to vary from person to person on here but I do find the wakup BGLs go higher when I have eaten >1200 calories the day before, even though not high carb. So it is doable, just need to find what works for you. I record all morning weights and morning BGLs to enable possible affects to be identified.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi Jenni, I had planned to have an evening snack but fell asleep early. I was thrilled to see my fbg at 5.8 this morning. Not quite 5,5 but very happy with the improvement. I don’t know why this happened but will continue to monitor! Thanks for your tip by the way. I will aim to have those late night snacks in the future.

Please log in or register to post a reply.