SERIOUSLY DOING THE FAST 800 AGAIN, JOIN ME

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Another pound off so 2lbs in 2 days has put me back to where I was 2 weeks ago but still only a total loss in 6 weeks of 2lbs, still better than gaining over that time. Reduced insulin to 20 units and BG was 5.7 – I cringe when I see that figure but have to remember that ‘normal’ is between 4.5 and 6.5 so I am doing well.

Managed 55 mins in the pool yesterday but probably not today as we had a massive storm through the night and it still looks like rain but should be okay tomorrow. Cant expect sunshine every day.

Breakfast, Greek yog with passionfruit and sprinkle of almond flakes, lunch, ploughmans and dinner will be a frittata. Comes in around 700 calories.

Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Morning everyone. Amazed to have dropped 3lbs since Monday morning! I know its the first week whoosh but makes the headaches bearable. I think the fog is starting to clear today, so feeling positive for the rest of the week.

I havent felt hungry but this hot weather is really helping!

Have a great day

• posted by NancyB
    on

Hi everybody!
    Weekly weigh-in last evening at WeightWatchers, lost 2.5lb, so now weigh exactly 16st 0lb (start weight 1st Feb 17st 8lb). Bit disappointed I was hoping for a bit more off and being down in the 15s. Hopefully next week I’ll be 15st something.
    Trying to drink more water, been reading about hot weather and weight gain due to fluid retention.
    Thai green chicken curry tonight with cauliflower rice.
    This time next year I’ll be in size 14 jeans and looking reasonably slim!!!! Lol!
    Keep going everybody!
    Nancy x

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

10 stone 5.0 this morning and was a little off plan again. Circumstances intervened so I missed badminton again, two days running 😣 and I am starting my holiday tomorrow, and today having a BBQ at work to celebrate breaking up so will be eating and drinking whatever is provided (though almost certainly without the bread). I didn’t quite make BMR on calories again but today will probably be a long way over, so I hope my body has recovered from the ‘fasting’. I think I will be stopping monitoring my diet closely for my entire two weeks holiday, as a bit of an experiment, after which I will return and report hopefully that I am back in my original comfort zone. I will be logging in intermittently only during the two weeks, as limited Internet access, so good luck again, and here’s to success at the end of your journeys, whatever your goals.

• posted by Elly
    on

Hi, I am female, age 55, weigh 90kg. Until 12 years ago I was fit and healthy – gym junkie, runner, no junk food. Then I discovered alcohol! I need to lose 20kg and I’m determined to stick to the BSD! I tried it last year just before Christmas but couldn’t maintain it. I stuck to it for two weeks and lost weight, reduced medication and felt great! But fell off the wagon with the excesses of the new year! Your posts are inspirational and I’d love to join you all on your journey. I want my life back!

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

13 days down- and ten pounds /4kg off! Happy days. Going. For celebratory scrambled eggs and smoked salmon

on

Well done Nancy, as loss is a loss! the size 14 jeans are calling you.

Hi Elly, welcome. Sounds like you are motivated to push through this time and we can all help each other.

Mixnmatch happy holidays. Dont stress too much, maybe worry less about cals and more about carbs whilst you are away. I found, that once you get back on the carb ride, its hard to get back off, plus after my past few days the thought of carb flu again doesnt appeal 🙂

Onetowatch great results, I’m having scrambled eggs and buttered mushrooms later mmmm.

I am feeling particularly happy today, as on day 4 and the headache and tummy cramps have gone. Full of energy and feeling less bloated, so feel like the hard part is over. Just had a portion of leftover lasagne for lunch (courgette instead of pasta of course), really savoured each bite, delicious.

Have a wonderful BDS day everyone.

• posted by NancyB
    on

Hi Elly!! Welcome! Good luck this time around. All the red wine I’ve drunk over the years has caused my obesity no doubt. If I’d never drunk red wine I’d be stick thin now. I’ve managed to abstein for the last week or so. Moderation in all things!
    Cleverblonde – it’s great when the energy comes back – your lasagne sounds delish. My favourite recipes in the BSD recipe book are the stirfry beef with asparagus and mangetout and my new favourite is the chicken biriani made with cauliflower rice.
    Nancy x

on

Hi everyone, NancyB no need to be disappointed, 2.5 lbs is good and I think you have been dieting for a while, it is bound to slow down but, and I am sure you will know from experience, a few weeks in and half to one pound is all you usually get.

Welcome Elly now is the time to put you first. Onetowatch, well you certainly are, that is an excellent weight loss. Cleverblonde, it seems the cravings are going so you should be finding this easier.

I too am pleased today, my weight has stayed the same but my BG is down just a smidge from yesterday and still on 20 units. I received 2 dresses in the post today. I was so worried that they wouldn’t fit as they are size 14 and expensive makes (of course I paid sale price) and usually of a snug fit. Well they both fit but one will be going back as the style is empire line with a bow on the back which makes me look all bust. It was difficult to see on the pictures as the dress is black and red so no problem, I will get a refund. Still waiting for my swimming costume to arrive. Ordered dresses from Uk and took about 7 days to come, ordered cossie here in France and been waiting nearly 3 weeks and it is being delivered by courier so not the posts fault.

Managed to get 40 mins in the pool yesterday but today deffo looks like a no go, dark clouds and windy. Hey ho, tomorrow is another day. Have a good one all.

• posted by Narnea
    on

Hello everybody,
    I’ve been posting elsewhere and wondering were everyone is – here you are 🙂
    I started 6th July at 10st 4.5lb and am now 9st 12lb but that was all lost in the first week so just maintained since.
    I’m still getting headaches though and a bit fuzzy. Waiting for that clarity and energy that’s about to show its face any second .
    I’m aiming for 7.5st as I’m somewhere between 4ft 11 & 5ft. It’s been at least 15 years since I was that so can’t imagine!
    I have started reading this thread from the start but am only 2 pages in at the moment. I will catch up in between housework 🙂

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Well didn’t manage to post yesterday but pleased to note another half kilo off. Wasn’t totally on plan yesterday, but have learned just to keep going and not let one minor slip dictate failure for the next goodness knows how long, as I used to do. Pleased to hear blood sugar levels still more than acceptable on reduced insulin for S-G. And glad the dress is a boost to morale.
    Hope everyone is having a good day – Elly, keep pushing on, as this is about future health, so don’t be tempted only to look for downward numbers on scales, welcome as these are.

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

Great work everyone and yay us! Subshine- how great That the frocks fit and are going back for style rather than size reasons!

My waist has stayed exactly the same but boobs are shrinking!

I had some happy news – before bsd I just couldn’t shift weight and this was creating a block for u getting referred for ivf. We saw doc today and she was so pleased with my loss that she says if I can get down to 72kg by 1 st sept she will refer us! That is Two weeks before I turn 39 which is the cut off where I live! So already miracles are happening through the diet! Went to bed way too late last night and had some grilled vietnamese fish balls for dinner as couldn’t be bothered to cook!

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Onetowatch – that’s great news indeed about getting the referral! I am sure that you will manage to reach that goal. Wishing you all the very best on the journey.

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

Thanks Julie! How is the week going for you? Do you have meals and activity planned for the weekend?

One thing I am not good at is the steps- I do quite a bit of exercise classes but I don’t walk enough for sure. I used to have a Shaw one but lost it and found it quite uncomfy on my wrist- anyone have a wearable they love?

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

For the record –

Starting weight 15 days ago 82.6
    Last week 80.6
    This week 78.5

Will weight again on Monday after a nice 800’y weekend!

on

Hello, hope you are all doing well. Great news one to watch. Received my new cossie today and it fits, size 14 instead of my usual 16 for the bust size. I usually buy tankinis from BHS – oh how I miss that store but I think they are still online, must look. Anyway, it looks great except for a bit of booby side bulge, hopefully that will go with another few pounds.

Weight down another quarter pound so that is 2.25 this week which get me back to where I was 3 weeks ago. Must be strong over the weekend and try not to blow it on my Sunday meal out. BG still going down now at 4.9 and on 20 units. No swimming yesterday due to weather and none today either by the look of it. Seems we are cloudy and overcast for a few days yet.

Made the bean chilli for dinner last night. Was okay and very filling but boy was it a windy night. Today for B Greek yog with passionfruit, L hummus dip with veggie sticks and for D I am making Hungarian Goulash from the BSD cookery book – total of 750. I am not sure about the hummus as it is quite high in calories but good for a change.

Are you all looking forward to the weekend – lets all be good but enjoy it.

P.S. Just looked at BHS online at tankinnis, when did they get so expensive, used to pay around £30 for a set, now more like £45.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Back into my comfort zone this morning and feeling oddly relieved. I guess I really do have a new ‘normal’. Keep on keeping on folks, and thanks for letting me gatecrash for a week. Holiday now and will try not to go too mad.

on

Morning all, looks like I didn’t win the lottery but neither did anyone else and the top payout was just over £1000. Sorry onetowatch but I noticed my spell checker split your name into one to watch. Hope it doesn’t do it again but at least you will know whats happening.

Down another quarter pound so 2.5lbs in total, completely back to what I lost in the first 3 weeks then regained. Hey ho. BG still good around 5.0 so no complaints here.

Husband cooked dinner last night, god he takes so long and asks me questions every step of the way. How big do I cut the carrots, do you want them round or batons. We dont have mixed herbs what should I use instead. Then when I answer him he argues with me. Like I say use some oregano, basil and bay. Ho no he says I’m using thyme and parsley. Well why ask me. I know some will say I am lucky to have a husband who can cook but he makes such a song and dance about it. Anyway, why should I do it all, i’m not his servant.

Enjoy your holiday MnM and pop back to join us when you get back. Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning everyone I’m back with my ‘serious’ head on!

Welcome back Cleverblonde and hello and welcome to Elly, just keep posting it helps, Narnea and Onetowatch, what a goal to work towards, you’ll do it! Hi to anyone I’ve missed.

Well done NancyB with 2.5lbs own and your 10lbs Onetowatch. S-g you seem to be back on track again with both your weight and BS so it won’t be too long now before you drop your insulin again. Great news on the clothes front too. The scales may fall but there’s nothing like a new smaller size dress to make you feel good.

Marsie recommended that I write down a plan of action. I was away for a few days and got back yesterday afternoon. While I was away I indulged in sugary carbs for the first time in over a year. A chocolate chip cookie, lots of good dark chocolate and walnuts, but 30g of carbs! A small scone with lots of clotted cream but also a teaspoon of jam! A few bites of lemon tart and half a ‘designer’ dessert, so a very small portion of open apple tart and a couple of spoons of blackberry ice cream. I even had a cubic inch of bread with balsamic and oil. So not exactly a ‘blow out carb fest’ but nonetheless something my body is no longer used to. So my weight is up but less than 1/2lb but my BS after dinner last night was only 5.8. So certainly not too disheartened.

So taking Marsie’s advice I have now made my plan. I have several ‘events’ between now and my birthday a week before Christmas, sorry to mention that word so early! I’m no longer going to look backwards to my successes so far but now is the time to start looking forward again to new tomorrows. We still have one more week of this challenge left and, by then, I hope to be back to where I was when we started! No, I WILL be back! I have written my plan down in my daily journal and ruled off the past as from Tuesday. Starting afresh with a new starting weight and new measurements.

I have now got ‘chunks’ of time to work through. The first is just over 3 weeks from next Tuesday so will tackle that first and think no further. I’m not setting weight loss goals as I find that counter productive. My first aim is to lose as much as I can in that period. I am starting with 1000/50 as my daily goal because I know in my heart that trying 800/30 straight off will lead to disappointment. I will drink at least 1.5 litres of water a day. Just 500ml in the morning, afternoon and evening even I can do that. No wine, digestive biscuits or crisps but I do have room for a few oat crackers with cheese.

Enjoy your lunch out today S-g! We have to just keep on keeping on but hopefully with renewed zeal. Sorry for rambling. Have a good day!

on

Good morning everyone,

I hope you had a good weekeend. Verano good to see you here too, I think I am closer to 1000/50 myself and dont stress about getting too much lower.

I had a steady weekend with the odd blip. On the whole I kept to plan but am public confessing to giving in to the cadburys chocolate fingers! The perils and tempation and having a 2 year old.

Still, I ended my first week with a 3lb loss which is what I was expecting. Previously I lost slow and steady, so 1-2lbs a week from here on I will be happy with. Next thing to aim for is my nieces wedding on 26th August, I am hoping to be back at 10 1/2 stone by then which is only 6lb so not being over ambitious. She has just asked me if I would do a reading at the ceremony, so added incentive to make sure I am looking good!

Have a happy and successful week everyone 🙂

on

Hi everyone, had a good meal out yesterday and, better still, no weight gain although I did drink too much I can always manage to stay away from the carbs (no carbs in alcohol what????) Just joking. BG was 4.3 this morning so will stick with 20 units for a bit longer.

Too cold to swim so might go for a walk later. Have a good day everyone and see you all for weigh in tomorrow.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

HI all

Apologies I have been in hiding forum-wise. Rubbish Friday and Saturday on the food front due to stressful situations – emotional eating is always my downfall. Have decided though that I must get back on track – like Verano, I have just over 8 weeks before my friend’s wedding in Japan. I go back down to a 3 day week come the end of this week, after which point stress should reduce hugely. I walked in this morning and going to walk back again too. Have sensible food choices today. Yoghurt grapes for breakfast, miso soup and some salad at lunch time and lentil/chorizo stew for dinner with cauli mash.

Onetowatch – hope your Monday weigh in gives you the results you are hoping for. Cleverblonde and Sunshine-girl, well done on those results. Verano that plan sounds good. I too need to focus on smaller chunks, much smaller in my case: going to focus on today as my first one on 800 plus an hour’s walking, then the next 2 I plan on running each day and sticking to BSD. Reward to self today if I am successful is hot bath (rather than usual quick shower) and an hour working in the garden in the evening – these are always relaxing ‘treats’ for me. I need to plan food for the week this evening too, and will think out a series of small non-food rewards for each day I get there.

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

Verano as a struggler myself I wanted to recommend never binge again. It’s a really good book on behaviour change and I have felt so much more in charge since I read it and I have tried everything!

Up 300g this Monday since last Thursday-bit disappointed but I did go over to around 900-1200 I’ve the weekend so fair enough.

Today massive mushroom with 30g blue cheese spread and an egg baked.

Turmeric chicken stew – celery onion carrots and chicken wigs with a good two teaspoons turmeric and 800g wings.

Had four with some salad and a nectarine.

Dinner is veg soup a half of butternut squash with some smoked sackeeel pate. Yum

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Onetowatch I would not worry about the scales – likely as not they’ll be down tomorrow. I find weight fluctuates hugely day to day, it’s possible if you up the water intake the scales will say less tomorrow or the next day. Keep at it, numbers are not everything. Just got the book you mentioned on my Kindle. Thanks for the tip. I would say whenever I go off plan it is due to stress, with the possible exception of holidays, which only happens once a year!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning everyone

Well just been weighed and I’ve lost 2.2lbs this week so now I’m just 0.2lb heavier than when I started 7 weeks ago! Still I do have one week left to make some sort of dent in this weight and hopefully I will because I’m starting my ‘fresh start’ today with 1000/50.

It actually feels quite good to draw a line under the last twelve, almost thirteen, months and start again. I did do quite well but can’t rest on my laurels any longer. It truly is time to start keeping on again for the next 3 weeks, which is the first ‘chunk’ of time set out in my plan.

Hope everyone is keeping on for the next week and will do well. Last week of our 8 …..

• posted by Gpowpow
    on

Morning all,

Even though i have not responded to you all for a while. I do like to read the daily emails and want to say how well everyone is doinf….WELL DONE. I try and keep myself to 1000 cals a day as I exercise quite a bit, but as I have done my back in I will get it down to 800 cals a day. I have 4 pounds to loose in 2.5 weeks before my holidays. Weekends are the worst when I go over and I need to cut back on wine!! May I ask what 1000/50 is ?? I have never heard of this before. I did not know whether to put in a few fast days (500) cals for 2 days a week and keep the rest to 800 and 1000 at the weekend to shift this 4 pounds. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Gracie xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Sorry for being vague Gracie but instead of doing the fast 800 calorie regime with 30g of carbs, I’m trying 1000 calories with up to 50g of carbs a day.

You don’t say if you have lots or a little to loose but generally the answer to weight loss is ‘stick to the plan like glue’. Good luck.

• posted by Gpowpow
    on

Thansk for the heads up 🙂 I have lost 10 poounds up to now (currently 10st 8) I wouldlike to get down to 9st 10. The thing is i have gone more veggie eating more lentils and chickpeas rather then protein form meat. However my weight has stalled a little so prehaps i should swap back to more white fish and lean meats for the time being to see how I get on. I will shock the body with 800/30 prehaps? I just carry my weight round my tummy more so prehaps pulses even though they protein they are a bit too carby for me. xx

on

Bonjour a tous, still here and 2lbs down from the start. Some of you newbies might be wondering why a few of us are happy to lose just a bit or maintain. That is because we have been doing this for some time now and the motivation gets harder and harder. Why dont we give it up, well, some of us cant because of the effect on our health, specifically diabetes. I am 21 lbs lighter than when I started but more important, I now only use 20 units of insulin daily whereas at the start I was on 38 and 40 units. 20 is the lowest I have been on since I started using insulin. I have also cut my other meds by one third.

7 weeks into this and only one more week to go, unless you want to carry on. Seriously missing my swimming as the weather has been shocking here. Maybe I expect too much as it is around 25 degrees but I am used to it in the low 30’s. Also there is quite a cold wind all the time. Should get better next week.

How are the rest of you doing. Whatever your results just keep on keeping on.

• posted by NancyB
    on

Hi everybody!
    Weighed at WeightWatchers earlier – and delighted with 3lb off this week and I am now in the 15s at last!! 15st 11lb. So I have lost 25lb since I first started the 800 BSD 1st February this year.
    Came home and ate the other half of the stirfy beef with asparagus and mangetout with cauliflower rice – absolutely delicious and very filling.
    My size 18 trousers are getting rather loose – noticed this last few days, but I still can’t get into 16s so I suppose for now I’ll have to keep the baggy 18s up with string – or braces lol!!! I would be so happy if I could get into size 14s by Xmas.
    Treating myself to a tin of Morrison’s gin and diet tonic – 50 cals in total.
    Stick with it – it works!!!
    Nancy x

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Well done NancyB!
    I had a good day Monday, yesterday not so easy, but reasonable, but at work today, so easy to stick to BSD as I take my food in with me. Hope everyone’s week is going well so far.

• posted by Sumo
    on

Been doing great all week, lots of graft in evolving garden, summer house up, need the little bits doing to finish off, new hot tube craned over house, so good for soaking the aches and pains away.
    When I say great, I have not been near the scales this week, so maybe not so great come Saturday morning?
    Just had my 150g of full fat Greek style yogurt with fresh Raspberries and Strawberries, yum

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g that’s great you’ll soon be out of the ‘twenties’ and into the ‘teens’. It must be so satisfying to be moving down with both insulin and weight.

Well done NancyB shouldn’t be too long before you get into the 16’s and why not aim for 14 by Xmas it’s still many months away.

Julia I often average out my calories and carbs over a week or a few days that evens out any damage and is less demoralising.

Well I’m off to have my yogurt and berries too Sumo.

Scales dropped by a smidgeon today so I can actually report an overall loss for this challenge at last! I’d love another challenge after this one but it will only be 5 weeks for me. I really do need to carry on while I have my head in gear! Have a good day.

• posted by Sumo
    on

We have a weekly weigh in club at work, helps with incentive. Lost 2lb in week how , no idea. For me that is 40lb down from last October.

on

Glad you are all feeling good and doing well.

I am still playing cat and mouse with that half a pound so I am just going to forget about it and aim higher. Hope to be down another 1lb by end of this week. I am getting a bit tired of my usual lunches which seem to be a variation on salads but with courgette and red pepper as the base which is okay but never want to see another celery or carrot stick, had the tuna dip today and the ploughmans (with celery) yesterday. Any thoughts anyone, I dont eat fish (except tinned tuna). That has just reminded myself, I have some halloumi in the freezer, will get it out for tomorrow and buy some bacon. Salad again but halloumi and bacon salad is different.

Still too cold to swim (23 degrees) overcast and windy. Hoping for better by Friday. Keep on keeping on everyone.

• posted by bigeater
    on

Hi Sunshine girl, I make a nice soup. Fry one rasher of bacon and one onion. Add 1-2 litres vegetable stock, 1 can drained cannelini? how do you spell that? beans/brown lentils, one tin diced tomatoes, handful frozen peas, handful frozen beans. It is so quick and just a slight variation on vegetable soup. I am afraid I don’t recall cals/carbs per serve and would depend on how much stock you prefer.

Bigeater

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi s-g I’m with soup as well. I have a quick recipe for pea soup if you would like it.

Another favourite of mine is avocado filled with tuna mayo and a small side salad. Deconstructed egg mayo sandwiches … a few cos, or similar, lettuce leaves filled with egg mayo and sliced tomato. Cottage cheese on Ryvita with pickled gherkins. A bit carby but baked beans with a poached/fried egg/s on top. Smoked salmon with scrambled eggs. Two egg frittata with onions and peppers or any vegetables you have. Gosh I’m feeling hungry now despite a large bowl of pea soup with a spoon of crème fraiche and a few torenisi for lunch!!

on

Thanks guys, I think I need something warm to make me feel better about this weather. So wish I could get cottage cheese here. They sell something similar but it has a slimy texture, yuk.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi s-g this is a post from SunnyB and may just solve the ‘no cottage cheese’ problem. I’ve just had cheese cloth in the post so will give it a go tomorrow. Also if you look at http://ottolenghi.com he has a nice topping for Labneh made with olives.

Has anyone tried making Labneh (a fresh cheese made from yogurt)? This is so easy to do and is yummy.

Use a strained yogurt – a nice thick greek style yogurt is ideal – season well with salt/pepper and add herbs/seeds/petals/citrus zest – whatever flavouring you like. I’ve use nigella seeds, rose petals, caraway (not all at the same time). Then line a colander with cheese cloth/muslin/a piece of clean cotton material and dump the yogurt mix in the middle. Gather up the edges of the cloth and tie to create a ball and then suspend over a bowl to catch the liquid. (I tie mine from a kitchen wall cabinet handle).

It will take about 16 to 24 hrs for the liquid to drip out (depending how wet the yogurt you use is) and for the Labneh to be ready, don’t let it dry out too much though, so it still has some moisture and creaminess. Test by gently squeezing the ball – it should still have some ‘squidge’ and some moisture should still be present when you do this. Once ready, you can remove the cheese from the cloth, put in an appropriate container and store in the fridge. It will last for approx. a week.

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

Labneh sounds great thank you verano! I had halloumi 60g on top of my veg soup today – I make it with a handful of lentils and lots of finely chopped celery a bit of carrot fennel and watercress and marigold bullion. Sunshine girl I make turkey burgers with turkey mince garlic coriander and tamarind and have them cold at lunch with salad?

Stayed the same this week:( exactly the same. But must keep on. I need to lose 5 kilos in 5 weeks to make my referral. We are off on holiday next weds in Italy for a month so I would really like to be in the 11 stone range by then. Any suggestions for tightening up? I do between 800-850 jacks plus under 50 carbs which means no mangoes or strawbs for me very sad!!

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Onetowatch – plateaux are normal and the weight does shift again – some report that adding fat does seem to get things moving when you have stalled. Keep at it, and it HAS to shift!
    Sunshine-girl I like salads of roasted veg. Roasted red peppers, roasted tomatoes (I like Nigella’s method for sunblush tomatoes – whack the oven up to max, insert tray of halved cherry or other small tomatoes with oregano/whatever seasoning, close oven door then turn off oven and leave tray in overnight) roasted onions (a few anyway – I know they are relatively high carb) roasted aubergine slices, roasted carrots/courgettes. Roasting them totally changes the flavours and dressing with balsamic or lemon and a touch of oil or else yoghurt dressings works nicely. Varying combinations of the above with some protein work for me to ring the changes – apologies if someone already mentioned it though. I have been struggling to keep up with the forum recently, and confess to not doing well this last couple of days. My head is currently a bit how Verano’s was in previous weeks!

• posted by Verano
    on

Oh Julia my heart goes out to you.

I came home after 4 weeks away with a 5 or 6 lb gain, can’t remember exactly. Lost that within a week and then lost the plot! I’m sorry but I don’t know whether you have much to lose, I don’t think you have from memory, so that makes it harder. I just got bored I think after 12 months here.

So, if I can help, I followed Marsie’s advice and wrote out a ‘plan’. Writing down a detailed plan in chunks of maybe 3 or 4 weeks to reach particular ‘events’ has really concentrated my mind.

The 7 days To renew enthusiasm….. thread has thrown up all sorts of new ideas foodwise to help me too. Take a look.

You may just have to ride the storm and when you get your head back in gear it will all come good again. Just hang in there.

on

Hi everyone, thanks for your suggestions. I think I have just become lazy and I am using the same menu plan over and over with slight variations for dinner but the same old stuff I had on a particular week, oh for the last 3 weeks. I love the chicken with roasted asparagus and roasted red peppers but asparagus is €5.99 here, about £5.50 a bunch in UK money. I meant to have the halloumi and bacon today but forgot to take the halloumi out of the freezer (it is out now for tomorrow). I love the Spanish chorizo and chickpea soup and have bought all the ingredients today and will make a double batch tomorrow.

Lost a tiny bit today 0.2 kg so have truly lost 2.5 lbs and stuck with it today, despite going to a French producers market evening with food and wine. I had a plate of pork stew of some kind and said no to the rice and also said no to the wine. Hope to see a loss tomorrow. Still back weather but had 30 mins walking – just to get parked and to the market – but hope to swim tomorrow.

See you all tomorrow.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g I think it’s so easy to ‘get lazy’ about food as you say. I certainly do.

Yesterday wasn’t the best for me and today had only been marginally better. Off out soon for an Indian meal but that will be BSD friendly just chicken tikka and salad. So sorry I’ve not posted, I hate posting unless I can be positive. I am feeling more positive now for tomorrow despite being out tomorrow evening for a Greek meal, chicken again!

Hope you all have a good positive and healthy weekend.

• posted by Onetowatch
    on

hi everyone,

pah, stayed the same for the whole of week 3 – went up and down 200g but am back down now. Hard to have a week with no loss isn’t it? So i decided to get the fat secret app and switch from my fitness pal as it seems more accurate and i am interested in the carb/protein/fat ratio – i think it may have been possible that i haven’t been eating enough protein – its very informative anyway!

i have 34 days until my IVF weigh in – still need to lose another 5.5 kilos – eek! Drinking water like its out of fashion and enjoying the compliments from my fellow exercise class goers! I am 10.5lbs from my starting weight ( 4 kilos) off and week one was 7, week 2 was 2 and week 3 has been zero. Keeping on though – i have been pretty good – usually around 850 except yesterday when i was doing a training for a university and my lunch – lentil salad with tuna – had gone fizzy! so i ended up eating later than i normally would – as in after 6pm and i had a hash brown and a sausage taking my total for the day to 1400. Not a disaster, just annoying.

Today’s good noshing:
    100g plain Yoghurt with 10g oat bran 10g coconut and 100g strawbs.
    Salad with blue cheese, pear, watercress and green beans ( from the book but substituted ricotta for 30g blue cheese) was delicious
    Dinner – bacon chop – oh so yum, with a huge mushroom, 50g broad beans and a big salad – in at 797 cals and 50.15g carbs.

on

Hi all, late here in France but not too late to comment. Me too Onetowatch still sticking with the same old. One good thing is the weather was good and I managed 25 mins in the pool, hoping for more of the same tomorrow before the rain comes back.

Have a good weekend all.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Hi all
    Back with head in better place. Just off for a run as have been so busy it had got pushed out. Also finished an extra day a week work contract yesterday so will be less busy from now on – I know that I need to stick with my normal contract only for the time being so as to have sufficient ‘head space’ and control eating better. So lessons learned. I am off to Japan for a friend’s wedding on 25th September – reckon that will be more or less 8 weeks. Refocusing now and absolutely determined to get rid of these pesky 5 kilos I keep losing and regaining for good. No time for more just now but hoping everyone has a good weekend in every way. Thinking of you all!

on

Woke this morning to the sound of thunder and lashing rain so just turned over and went back to sleep. Got up around 9 am and the storm had passed and we now have 25 degrees so will be swimming again this afternoon.

Weight still fluctuating but BG steady at 5.0 so I am very happy with that and insulin at 20. Wondering whether I should go back on 90mg of glycazide (now on 60mg) and reduce insulin further or just keep on with what I am doing. Glycazide gave me very low readings in the afternoon, any thoughts.

Have a good weekend everyone.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning

The last few days have been a bit odd for me but as I’ve just posted on another thread I gained 3lb on the scales this morning since yesterday! There is no way that’s ‘fat’ . I had two kippers for brunch with cherry tomatoes, a few Brazil nuts, then a Greek meal of chicken kebab, salad, tzatsiki and olives, lots of olives, and just one glass of red. I’m sure all the salt has led to water retention so today I’m going to drink loads more water. Also I think I should pay less attention to the numbers!

I wonder if anybody can answer this question. There seem to be quite a number of ‘returners’ who lost weight over the last year but have regained, maybe not all the weight, but a significant amount. Not one of them mentions diabetes. My question is really I wonder if your blood sugar rises again if you put weight on again without necessarily having a carb overload? Most people seem to notice a very quick drop in BS eating low carb before they have lost a significant amount of weight. I think maybe we need to concentrate more on the carbs and less on the weight possibly??

Sunshine-girl I think you should speak to your dishy doctor! I don’t think anybody should alter medication without professional help because sometimes there are several factors to be taken into account, and we are just laymen, they are the professionals. For example, when I had cellulitis I also had an attack of gout. I know it was gout even though I’d never had it before. I wanted to taken one of my OHs pills for gout but the doctor insisted on coming out to see me. It was gout but apparently it could have been a complication of the cellulitis which would have required completely different treatment. Don’t self medicate.

Hope everyone is doing better than me but I’ll still be here for the weigh-in on Tuesday irrespective of the result!

Please log in or register to post a reply.