Scales not movingly!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Woogles
    on

Help! I don’t know if I am doing something wrong as I have been on the diet for 2weeks and not lost any weight.
    I walk about 3-4 miles a day and swim most days and the only foods I have off the diet are a piece of fruit and milk in tea. What going wrong?!

• posted by Squidge
    on

If you’ve not lost any weight at all in two weeks, I suspect you’re eating more than 800 calories a day. Are you weighing and calculating everything? It’s really easy to see ‘calories per 100g’ and forget the portion we’re eating is bigger than that, or to guess the weight of something and eat much more than we’ve realised.

Can you give us an example of a typical day, with quantities and calorie counts (if you know these)?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Woogles, are you counting carbs? They hide everywhere, and some of the values may surprise you. Fruit is a shocker!

• posted by Woogles
    on

Hi
    I am following the 8week diet in the book, at the end of week 2, so am being very good with following it just having milk in tea and a piece of fruit if I feel peckish. My husband is doing it as well but not strictly and has lost 5lbs 😧

• posted by Squidge
    on

Fruit is relatively high carbs, so not the ideal snack. Even so, if you’re just having one piece a day, plus a little milk as ‘extras’ to the 800 calories I’d expect you to be losing weight.

• posted by Woogles
    on

I know !! I’ll keep going and maybe it will all come off in one lump!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Have reported Abdou’s post.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Yes, keep going, Woogles – and double check all your weights and quantities.

also make sure you’re drinking lots of plain water. I don’t entirely understand why, but it does seem to help a lot. Whenever my weight loss has stalled, it’s coincided with me not having very much water.

• posted by Woogles
    on

Thanks Squidge that’s a good tip. I’ll drink loads this week. Fingers crossed!

• posted by Squidge
    on

There does seem to be a big difference in how people lose weight. Most often there’s a big initial loss, then it’s more gradual with the occasional plateau, but for some it’s fairly constant throughout and I do remember reading about someone else on here who didn’t appear to lose any to start with and then got going.

Please log in or register to post a reply.