saggy skin

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Clogso
    on

I think the bsd is amazing and seems to make sense, but I wonder if losing weight so quickly leads to more saggy skin than a slower paced diet?

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

My last diet was a slower one and it still led to saggy skin – don’t know the answer!
    Does it go on it’s own in the end?

• posted by Clogso
    on

Hmm.. Maybe it’s the price you pay either way. Would be interested to know what Michael Mosley has to say, and what happened with his case studies.

• posted by bruce
    on

HI, yes unfortunately I ended up with horribly saggy wrinkles at the top of my legs after losing 10kg really slowly, I didn’t think it would have been this bad at only 47 but trying to focus on the health outcomes rather than appearance consequences. It stopped me going onto short term insulin, which means 3 or 4 extra injections a day. Be healthy and enjoy the weight loss!

• posted by Clogso
    on

Hi Bruce, well done for losing the weight and especially for avoiding insulin injections, that’s a brilliant result. You’re right, there’s nothing more important than your health. Onwards and upwards

• posted by gateofheaven
    on

I’m trying rubbing with cocoa butter and other ‘friction’ oils. It seems to help the skin pull together. Anything that might be used for stretch marks would do. I saw it on Dr.OZ and hopes it’s true. saggy saggy, but the better health is what i’m focusing on!

• posted by willowey124
    on

The 2 most important things you can do to prevent saggy skin are:
    Ensure you exercise – follow the exercise protocols in the book.
    Drink at least 3 litres of water every day – all the creams in the world wont help with prevention of sagging skin unless your body is hydrated to begin with – water “plumps out” the skin and feeds every cell of the body.

Dry skin brushing can also help to boost circulation, slough off dead skin cells and and encourage release of stored toxins.

• posted by Pat.Unlimited
    on

It just depends on the natural elasticity of your skin – and age. Personally, I can’t wait to have a big of saggy skin back!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.