Rocky start!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Respace1
    on

OK, started the day after a night out which in hindsight was not a sensible choice! And so after 48 hrs of headaches and not knowing which way is up and for a while thinking I had the flu….things have settled thankfully!(thank you water!)
    I’m enjoying the food choices and my hunger has settled but the biggest thing I miss is the vino! Have always been in the realms of Chardonnay and have swapped to red but sticking to one glass is tricky, although I hasten to add I don’t drink every day but every 2-3 days any ideas of things that can fill that 9pm glass of wine gap?
    Enjoying the forum posts and people’s willingness to help/guide/advise it’s incredibly encouraging!๐Ÿ˜Š
    Forgot to say, I’m 42, mother of 2 (3 if you count the husbands outlook on life!!๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜‚)
    My father is type 2 and my body shape/weight is the reason for following the eating plan!๐Ÿ˜ณ Hopefully I can address things before it’s too late!

• posted by Flash21
    on

Hello Respace,

Well done for braving day one on a hangover! If you can survive that, you can definitely get going with this plan ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t miss alcohol (although it has only been one week for me thus far…) but am trying to wean myself off fizzy drinks. I’ve started to replace them with sparkling water flavoured with no-sugar squash, which also happens to curb desire for alcohol in the main. It’s by no means a substitute but it is helping as I get to grips with this new way of eating. That said, I am not totally ditching the drink! I’d rather allow for it at some point during the week and make sure that I can enjoy some if I want to than exclude it completely and then go off the rails! If it makes me lose slower, then it makes me lose slower. As I’ve said in some other posts, I’m not in a race!

Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.