rising blood sugar

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by me too
    on

well here I (we) are back again feel just taking and not giving much back but will post some recipes soon (love to cook ) So week 3 but
    last week husband (Im joining him on the diet not diabetic) reduced his metf. and glitz by just half a tablet reading up from 6-5 to 7.5 average. We panicked a bit but with support from you folks stayed with it and they levelled out
    . This week up to 9.5 and 10 .5 !!Husband not been well with bad neck several sleepless nights and prescribed co codomal. We are hoping that not being well lack of sleep may be the culprit Definitely stuck to the diet. We have no support from our Doctor so we do get a bit scared !! However he is due to go for his blood test and where hoping to see an improvement from 6 weeks ago when his last results according to the nurse were very poor and wanted to give him even more meds. That’s when I researched and found this diet/programme. Sorry to keep asking stuff but do you think he should start taking the 2 half tablets again ? We are both loosing weight Husband is( almost not always) doing his 10,000 steps. I love the food/cooking challenge too and thus far both coping well.just hope we are not making matters worse.as blood sugars higher thanks folks

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Me to – although have never been on metformin I was on insulin. I found that when I was ill my blood sugars shot up enormously – even when I was too ill to eat anything. It is a well known phenomenon and I even had an instruction sheet from the diabetes clinic entitled “sick days” which told me to keep testing and injecting to bring the blood sugars down even when I wasn’t eating.

I know that other members on this forum do adjust their diabetes meds up and down and don’t always go to the doctors to get their approval. I am not medically trained and am only flagging this up. My non-medically trained opinion is that metformin does not cause ultra low blood sugars (unlike the fast acting insulin I was on) so it would be safe to increase it to help the high blood sugars. I would be interested to hear what other forum members thought.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

What I also meant to day was rusting I was your husband I would also increase the glitz back to the pre BSD level while he is unwell.

You are both doing so well – hopefully the blood test goes well even though your husband has had this glitch.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Oh no – auto correct has struck again. I actually typed “If I was your husband I would also increase the glitz back to the pre BSD level while he is unwell. Goodness knows why my tablet inserted the extra words.

Please log in or register to post a reply.