Restarted after 7 week break

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by thistimeiwillsucceed
    on

Been off piste for around 7 weeks. too much happening coupled with the last few firsts after son’s death july last year. but now back and focused. on day 4 week 2 but not losing weight. i am eating a lot of natural yoghurt with frozen blueberries, having coffees with some milk and home made veg soup. i cannot eat eggs and dont eat pulses or much meat. i am having a pear a day and taking vitimen tablets. can anyone help and advise. i have preordered the new recipe book for the bsd and just waiting for it to arrive. i am having herbal teas though. thanks mary

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi thistime
    so sorry to hear about your son – that must have been a really tough time to attempt dieting.

I must admit, eggs are my biggest standby – and although I’ve generally been quite good about not too much fruit, I bought a delicious box of cherries without checking the carbs. And ate all of them yesterday.
    Do you have a spiraliser – great for salad and veg as ‘pasta’ – I don’t think I’ve ever eaten so much courgette (I bought a very small one, so larger veg like butternut squash delicious spiralised, but not in mine!)
    Do you like fish? that’s always an option, and although I’ve not made it, there’s a recipe on this website for a lasagne with courgette layers instead of pasta.

There’s another thread that started running recently – 2nd 8 weeks starting Tuesday August 30th, that is mostly people, including me that did eight weeks or so and then drifted into maintenance/holidays/non BSD eating generally & have renewed commitment!

Good luck this time around!

• posted by thistimeiwillsucceed
    on

Hi frog. thanks for your advice. yes july / august were tough but we are on the 2nd year now, we both miss him terribly he was only 38 and drowned on holiday in france in the atlantic. we still have 2 other children and7 grandchildren so the loss was bearable. i only thought how awful to lose your only child so in that respect we are lucky. yes i do have a spralizer a small and full size one. will try and do some with the courgette and maybe some others to vary meals. going to have soup now for lunch, had yoghurt and blueberries for breakfast and may have a stuffed – bought – mushroom, half a sweetcorn done in oven and i think i can have some baked beans?? does goats cheese count as dairy as i found some wonderful camonbare like goats cheese which i had with ryvita original. is ryvita allowed? this time

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Thistime
    best thing is to look at one of the online calorie counters – some have premium services but they all have free to use options I hate the name, but have decided I like FatSecret best, easy to use, UK site, and not too many ads.
    It will help you keep track of calories and carbs – calories is relatively easy without one of these, but once you start trying to track multiple items, it gets a bit harder. I did manage successfully on a spreadsheet, but its a bit more effort (I’m writing this with a program about data security on in the background, and getting a bit paranoid!)

Baked beans are ok-ish, a bit carby. I used to have them for breakfast to replace toast when I started BSD. Do go for the low sugar variety. My trick was to mix the can with a can of plain haricot or flagolet beans – because the ratio of beans to sugary sauce increases, its less carby and sugary overall. I don’t bother now because I have them a lot less, but I did fancy them a week or so ago – a portion size per the labelling is half a can, but I find 100g is sufficient – half a can is around 150 calories – but 23 g carbs

Please log in or register to post a reply.