Resistant Starch

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Linda FM
    on

Not sure if Micheal is watching these discussions…. but

In a couple of BBC shows, Michael discussed the differences in potato, rice and pasta when it is consumed as a precooked and cooled food (as opposed to eating it freshly cooked and hot).

If these foods are precooked and cooled then eaten later – it becomes resistant starch and does not cause sugar spikes and the carbohydrate value changes, also becoming prebiotic in nature. The university research was discussed.

Can precooked rice and potatoes be part of a low carbohydrate diet and used in the 800 BSD?

• posted by Jen
    on

Hi Linda, I beleive the answer to your question is yes, precooked rice and potatoes be part of a low carbohydrate diet and used in the 800 BSD. In fact, I talk about resistant starch in my latest blog post here: http://jendoesfitness.com/defeatingdiabetes/ (from the perspective of those affected by diabetes) It is indeed very interesting research but I really can’t find it n the web, got any links guys?

Please log in or register to post a reply.