Recipe accuracy/ misprint???

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Phoopt
    on

Just bought the BSD book, coming up to the end of week one! I really thought I would miss toast more than I do and life without a regular potato ‘fix’ is getting easier.
    Has anyone had problems with some recipes? Parmesan Crisps baked at 150C for two minutes is no way near long enough.
    Cauliflower cheese without a flour based sauce was delicious but the florets should be par-boiled before putting into the oven. 20-30 mins at 160C is not long enough if starting with raw cauliflower.
    Is there an erratum list that has been compiled that can be downloaded???

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Hello Phoopt,
    I had the same experience with the Parmesan Crisps.
    Don’t know about the cauliflower cheese. (Thanks for the advice re the cauli). Don’t know about any erratum list.

There is another thread called “Trialling the New Recipe Book” – use the Search facility to find it – where people have given their verdicts on various recipes. I posted my comments about the Parmesan Crisps around 6th Oct.

Regards,
    Rose

• posted by Phoopt
    on

Hello Rose,
    Thank you for your reply. I did wonder if anyone else thought as I did; good to hear that I am not alone.
    What a lovely forum site this is… So friendly and helpful too.
    Good luck with achieving your target.

Regards, Phoopt

• posted by Billingebabe
    on

I did the cauliflower chees – delicious. But I cooked it for 30 mins and the cauli was still firm. I think I will steam it for 5 mins before covering it in the sauce next time.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I haven’t tried this recipe but the way I’ve always cooked cauliflower cheese pre-BSD it’s been in the oven 45 mins (without any pre-cooking) and I don’t imagine a change to the sauce would alter this much. Maybe they like it very firm?

• posted by shalimar
    on

I used to eat cauliflower very very cooked. Now when i cook it …. i leave it a tad crunchy! I think just cook it to the way you like it.

• posted by BellyBeGone
    on

Oh glad it wasn’t just me then. Yes – the first time I did the cauliflower cheese recipe I had to blast it in the microwave at the end – which spoiled the sauce and the crispiness on top. This week I steamed it first to part-cook it. Perfect this time around. I don’t want it soggy, but it really was rock hard the first time.

Please log in or register to post a reply.