ready to start

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by going 4ward
    on

read the 8 week book, got my shopping list and ready to start tomorrow. Would still like to be able to have a latte and a cup of tea with milk each day. is this off limits for the first 8 weeks? or how do you adjust the calorie intake to accommodate them?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi, I don’t drink tea but do have one coffee per day with semi skimmed milk, I count it into my calories and carbs and it comes out at 20 calories and 2 carbs. If it was more than one a day I would have to think twice about using up maybe 80 or 100 cals on 4 or 5 cups. I drink green tea with lemon so nothing to count but it is recommended you stick to water if you are a bit of a teapot.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Just to add to sunshine-girl’s comments – you can get an app such as MyFitnessPal or FatSecret – there are others too, all free – which let you enter in things like coffee, milk and companies’ coffees such as Starbucks etc. You can also get the nutritional content from the net on companies’ websites.

Using an app helps you add everything up (measure exactly how much milk that “dash” is in your tea/coffee – you may be surprised!) and then you can add it in to your calories/carbs

An app also keeps you accountable and helps you plan so you don’t succumb to two cappuccinos and find you’ve no calories left for dinner. ๐Ÿ™

• posted by going 4ward
    on

Thanks guys your comments are very helpful.Bit scary but exciting also starting on a new journey.

• posted by Rio1623
    on

After reading the BSD supplements in the Daily Mail this week, I was impressed with the practical health benefits and recipes which, apart from the cakes and buns, resonated with me as that is the range of food which I eat. However, I do need to lose weight and I shall start tomorrow with recipes planned for the next few days. My lovely lady has agreed to join me and, as I love cooking, I’ll enjoy making the meals. The biggest hurdle is that I love my food…………………….

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi there Rio and welcome to you and your lovely lady ๐Ÿ™‚

The great thing about the BSD – brace yourself, because you don’t expect it – is that you will enjoy your food, I predict, EVEN MORE ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

I don’t quite know why it is, but my OH and I (and family when we’ve shared our meals with them) have absolutely LOVED the food with no refined carbs, but good seasoning, plenty of spices and chillis, lots of vegetables, full fat dairy, and things we’d not really cooked before.

We have become great fans of curry and fish (my fish pakoras – fish in chunks fried in gram flour batter) were great – would never have tried those before – and there are lots and lots of recipes around which are very easily adaptable to the BSD with very little change, if any.

So prepare yourself for enjoying your food just as much as before, and feeling great as well. What’s not to like?

Best of luck to both of you – keep us posted ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.