RE-FOCUS, One Week at a Time, 6th November.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hope you don’t mind me setting up this week’s thread Allie but please keep hosting. I hope your computer is better soon!
    Well, I’m away in a couple of days for a few weeks of sunshine, hopefully! My focus this week will be eating BSD friendly foods and making a concious effort to stay away from the usual ‘holiday’ extras. I won’t be able to weigh and log so just hoping my guesstimates won’t be too far out!
    Have a good week of refocusing.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Of course I don’t mind, V.! It’s all “in the family”, and I much appreciate the thoughtfulness 🙂 I find this thread
    really mitigates against complacency in long term maintenance for me.! Will you be in the sun until christmas?
    All that marveloius fish availible at your table!

• posted by Verano
    on

Yes I agree Allie. I dread to think what would have happened to me had I not reported here every Tuesday! No I shan’t be away until Christmas just a short, sharp pick-me-up before the silly season! But I will be enjoying fish! I very rarely eat red meat now but do eat fish at least 4 nights a week, plus smoked salmon or mackerel for lunch, and chicken the remainder of the time. I love fish, especially when it’s cooked on a plancha with lots of garlic!

• posted by caronl
    on

Thanks Verano. Here I go again:
    What – I want to get back in the 71 kilos – so to lose at least 0.5 kilos this week. Doesn’t sound much of a challenge – but this particular kilo is pesky.
    Why – because I really want some wriggle room to have a nice glass of wine on Christmas Day! And a bit weirdly, I just want to be back to my lowest weight in 35 years.
    How – 16:8, more water, fewer nuts and no wine. (Sounds familiar…).

Good luck to all who join this refocus thread.

• posted by wendleg
    on

OOH Verano I’m with you on your food choices ! Can I come on holiday with you 😉
    Enjoy your break, (that’s important) and don’t get too hung up on any ‘excesses’. You can deal with them on your return

I took my log book and completed it every day during my trip to Spain ( how sad is that !!!) but to be honest while there is delicious grilled fish and veg you can’t go far wrong.I bought Greek yoghurt and a bar of Lindt 90% and that kept me happy .

I am seriously considering doing one or two weekly fasts to (hopefully) keep on losing. Maybe that can compensate for excesses too ? I will see if it is effective this Week.

Caronl I would love to get close to 70 kilos . That’s a long way away for me at 90 kilos but I will do my best to get there .

How did your day go Eclectic ? Well done on your fasting successes !
    All the best to everyone for this Week xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

HaHaa Wendy, you just got back, and now you want to take another trip in V.’s suitcase?? And you
    have a talented fish chef under your own roof 🙂 Count your blessings, oh fiery one!

Eclectic, thank you posting the Thai soup! I love the ingredients, as well as the presentation. I
    will be serving this to our next group of intrepid diners..I even have a squirt bottle with which I
    can execute the “swirl”!

Caron, I think I understand how you’re feeling…I’m a few lbs from my lowest weight too, and
    I’d like to be confidently back there by the 1st of the year. All of my new clothes fit, but it’s a
    psychological thing! As JGwen mentioned elsewhere today, last Christmas on the forums was
    fraught with strong opinions whether to suspend BSD practices for the holidays…I never deviate
    from my plan, but it did make for some conflict 🙂 Hopefully we will manage it with a little more
    grace this year 🙂 I’m with you on focusing on more water this week. I’m off to fill my glass!

Wishing you all another successful week! Natalie, Butterlover, Violinist, Kazz et al, are you with
    us?

• posted by Verano
    on

Not sad at alll wendleg that’s exactly what I’m planning on doing! I thought if I wrote everything down it might just help me to stay closer to the track even if I’m not on it exactly. I’ve never done this before but thought it might be a good idea to fill in a daily journal. Will let you know if it works!
    Caronl you will get there. We all have these pound on pound off periods but at least there are no huge gains. I’m just battling at the moment to get back down to my weight on January 1st this year. I really don’t want to have to record a gain for the year!

• posted by GangreneHeart
    on

Today I weighed 175.8. The goal in working on now is breaking into the 160s. The last couple days, I have been reading all my calories in one shot for dinner, which let’s me fast most of the day from like 6/6:30 until the same time the following day. It is really convenient as I only have to cook once, beside the meals I make for my family
    I’m also working staying hydrated, which is often a struggle for me. Besides steadily dropping, my goal this week is to be active, even just walking , three times.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Great perspective, V.! I don’t want to be recording a gain for the year either! I’m going to keep this
    observation front and center throughout the holiday season. I think it’s going up on the refrigerator,
    the keeper of cheese and wine, trigger foodstuffs of the worst order for me. If I don’t catch you
    before your departure, have a wonderful lazy time in the sun! xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Progress, not perfection, GoodHeart! You’re doing great 🙂 Happy to see that you’re still here!!!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hee hee Allie I am already thinking about possible destinations for our next break 😉 I love doing all the research and the anticipation keeps me going on cold winter evenings 😉

Yes, OH cooked a lovely dish of sword fish , spinach and broccoli last night. I am definitely not complaining 😉

I wasn’t on the forum this time last year (so glad to have found you !) but it seems quite self-defeating to imagine “suspending” the BSD good habits over the festive season ?? I initially thought that if I achieved my target weight I could go back to eating my beloved mangos, dates, grapes, banana smoothies , custard fruit et al but the more I read and learn from the wonderful people on this forum, the more I realise that this is NOT a short term fix. I think I am processing the information ( and the different low carb foods) in such a way that I accept this will be my way of eating for ever now. I don’t need Quality Street, Celebrations or Roses chocolates .Lindt 90% is my fix now. I don’t need snacky things and if I have the occasional mince pie that’s ok but I won’t be going back to my old habits. There are so many beautiful, nutrititious foods available to make us feel good and I want to nourish my body not sabotage my efforts by eating chips and chocolate truffles 😉

I can’t imagine anyone getting stroppy and aggressively feisty on the forum . Everyone’s opinion is respected on here and I love the tolerance and non judgmental support that pervades the threads. I will definitely be gracious anyway Allie 😉
    Do any of our American friends have appréhensions about Thanksgiving I wonder ?? Tell us all Allie 😉

• posted by Verano
    on

‘Progress not Perfection’ what a wonderful slogan Allie. I will keep that one to the forefront of my mind over the coming weeks.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi friends! Yes, I’m in of course! Thanks for setting up, V, and Allie for hosting!
    My journal is my bible and goes everywhere with me! I’ve just written Progress not Perfection across the cover! Thanks Allie. 😁
    How wonderful, Wendy, to have someone to share the cooking with!
    Verano, enjoy your break. I know youre still snuggled in my sidecar!
    GHeart, OMAD and 16/8 woks for me too especially if dining out somewhere.
    I realise I’m very fortunate being single, in that if I don’t buy it, I won’t have it in to eat when it comes to Xmas. Must be really hard if you have a family to cater for and lots of family visits.
    Wishing everyone a good week!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m giddy tonight friends, because my new computer is up and operational! Being virtually bound and
    gagged for the past 12 days has really tried my patience, of which I have very little 🙂 It’s great to be
    back and fully operational! Let’s take this week by storm…We CAN and we WILL!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning ladies! Allie, so glad you are up and running.
    About apprehensions on thanksgiving. I will do all the traditional foods and have the one meal only. It is normal to eat this meal for the next few days – grazing.

turkey
    gravy
    potatoes (small)
    stuffing (hubby wants, i am gluten free)
    cranberry sauce
    pie (purchase a slice or two or small pie)
    We will eat the dinner and then the next day I will put everything but the pie is a soup/stew.
    Last year I had a broken ankle and was laid up with a cast. We ordered in the dinner and it was awful so hubby wants it all this year.

• posted by Verano
    on

Allie so pleased you are back in the land of ‘virtual reality’!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Allie, Kazz, Gheart, Verano, Wendkeg and all! 5 am here in Florida.

Yes, I am limping along behind you guys, but I am here.

• posted by Midfielder
    on

Hi everyone my first post on this forum.
    I am 5 foot 2 inches or 167 cm and my weight was 102.9 kgs. Way way way over weight.
    I started my diet by doing a one week blood sugar diet.
    After the one week sugar diet and two weeks of the 8 week blood sugar diet my weight had fallen to 90.9 kgs however I lost a lot of fluid and I think the loss of 12 kgs was as much fluid as it was fat but thats my guess.
    However over the last say 10 days I have only lost about 2 kgs.
    Is this normal.
    My desired weight I wanta get too is 78Kgs.
    Also to lower of blood sugar level.
    The hardest part for me is I feel hungry most of the time

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Guys, I keep seeing posts where people are depressed by the results by weighing themselves daily or are concerned about upwards fluctuations. – I came across an explanation of this and a way around, which I wanted to share with people. I have posted that on the Take a Look at This Thread.

I would appreciate some help / advice. I am making arrangements to talk with a local chief about running some courses on Keto / Low carb eating in my holiday let. I was thinking in terms of both mid week courses for a few people which includes practical sessions cooking different dishes, as well as weekend courses which would be more demonstration based. – I would really appreciate hearing from people what sort of topics they think should be covered on a course like that and what they have struggled with.

For those who follow a number of the common threads, sorry for posting this message on multiple threads, but I wanted to reach all the people who only focus on a single thread.

• posted by Verano
    on

JGwen a really good place to start maybe the Dietdoctor website. There are some very good guides to both low carb eating and the stricter Keto diet. Good luck!

• posted by alliecat
    on

A very warm welcome to you, midfielder! I’m very happy that you’ve chosen this thread for your maiden
    voyage. There are all levels of experience here, and we’re always delighted to share our experiences, tips
    and tricks to keep weight loss moving in the right direction 🙂 You asked if a loss of 2kg over a period
    of 10 days is considered normal…Yes, it is very typical in week 3 or 4. What isn’t is the loss of 26lbs.
    over the first 3 weeks…You must have been retaining a great deal of fluid to see such a rapid descent
    on your scales so quickly. I hope you’re feeling tremendously better as a result! Each journey is unique
    to each of us, and no 2 are the same. As we reiterate on the forums regularly, the BSD is not a “quick
    fix” but a lifestyle change..return to old ways puts the weight right back on. Your rate of loss will basically
    be determined by how low you choose to go with your carbs, in conjunction with drinking 2-3 liters of
    water a day. Some of us are far more insulin resistant than others, although 50g of carbs per day is
    a place to start. It soon became apparant, after an 18 day plateau, that I had to drop down to <20 to
    continue losing at the rate of .5lb per day. It is trial and error though, and we’re all here to help. I’m
    looking forward to getting to know you, so just shout out if you have any questions or concerns. I
    lost 140lbs in 10 months, and more importantly, I’ve kept it off for 18 months. Everything is possible
    with this program, and you will succeed if you stay with it. Best of luck to you!

Allie

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi JGwen. One angle might be to focus on what you can and should eat and will enjoy, rather than focusing too much on the stuff we /they should avoid. So healthy fats, good proteins etc. I found it took a long time to de-programme from the mantra of fat being bad for you.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, JGwen! I will certainly give your new endeavor more thought and will comment further, but having
    been married to a management consultant and more recently a professor with a background in marketing,
    advertising and strategic planning, I have absorbed some basic premises along the way…When deciding
    on how to structure your courses for maximum appeal, focus on the segment of the population from
    whom you’d like to draw., ie., locals or visitors from more urban lifestyles, etc. What is the relative size of
    your community? Do you plan to participate in the demos, and if so, will they be limited to vegetarian
    cooking, only? A cost free survey of interest levels might be accomplished immediately by leaving a
    brief questionnaire in your bunkhouse to inquire of your guests whether or not they might be interested
    in your pilot program…I’m finding your concept very exciting, and look forward to exploring it in more
    depth with you!

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s a very interesting venture, JGwen and I wish you every success. There is so much research and definite interest in keto/low carb at the moment. I am not veggie and eat fish and sea food but I do not eat meat. I have just acquired a book called “keto-tarian” by Dr Will Cole which proposes a rarely seen plant-based keto/low carb plan for vegetarians , végans and pescatarians .Right up my street. There are lots of pages of advice and information as well as the recipes.I will pass on any good ones .

I have no business background so could not advise there .I am sure Allie’s “bearded one” will have lots of experience to share about market research, target audience etc. I can just say that I am intrigued by the keto way of eating although still reading to be clearer in my mind. Talking of which the book ‘ Keto Clarity’ by Jimmy Moore is indeed very clear and answers a lot of questions

….how to achieve and maintain ketosis, how to measure it ( looking forward to hearing about the breath meter )
    …..how to calculate and manage macros ?

…….. and definitely the question which troubles me most…how to reconcile calories and high fat to avoid weight gain ?
    I suppose coming from a teacher’s view point I would ask if you just plan to do the cooking présentations with the chef or will there be a ‘teaching, instructional’ element in the program ….youtube videos ?? food lists ?

Keep us posted JGwen and thank you for all the research and ‘data processing’ you do which helps so much in making sense of all the( at times) confusing information

• posted by Midfielder
    on

Allie

Thanks for your supportive post, appreciate it, also respect for what you have achieved.
    A couple of questions if you don’t mind:-
    I don’t drink the 2 to 3 litres of water a day is this an issue with the diet? I have no toilet issues and I lost so much fluid I don’t want to drink that much water.

When does the feeling hungry bit start to ease?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi midfielder, there are 2 different questions in your post. The way I understand it, we are born with a certain
    number of fat cells, and they inflate with fat when we become overweight. During the weight loss process, these
    cells are replaced with water, until they ultimately deflate. This is known as the “whoosh effect”, and the
    result can be the loss of several pounds overnight. There are many posts about it that can be found in the
    search box. Drinking 2-3 liters of water facilitates this process, so it’s an essential part of this lifestyle.
    We’ve been led to believe that it’s protein that staves off hunger, but in reality it’s healthy fat and fiber
    that keeps us satiated between meals. There is a steep learning curve with this way of life, but there are
    many experienced BSDers on this site who would be delighted to help. It absolutely works, so just shout
    out to one of us, and we’ll come running. We’ve all been conditioned to believe that fat is the enemy, but
    in fact it is the carbs that do the damage. When we keep in mind that this is a high (healthy) fat, moderate
    protein and low carb way of eating, the magic happens. Weight loss isn’t linear, and sometimes it comes
    in fits and starts. For others its consistent. Part of the adventure is learning how our individual bodies
    function. I’m always out and about, so let me know how I can help. Best,

Allie

• posted by Violinist
    on

Happy 2 am from Florida folks! I had a long post yesterday that did not post and wrote the website to say there is a problem.

• posted by Violinist
    on

So Wendleg was asking about Thanksgiving food apprehensions.

Thanksgiving is in 2 weeks. Our house will have the traditional roast turkey stuffed with seasoned bread crumbs, mashed potatoes, gravy, butternut squash and pumpkin pie with whip cream. I am gluten and dairy sensitive so will skip the pie, cream and stuffing. After that day, all leftovers will go in a stew/soup and frozen in smaller containers. Most of my family is in New York, so it will just be the two of us.

• posted by Natalie
    on

It’s amazing how plant foods are thought of as slimming but if you look at other mammals you see all the ones that live on grass and grains get very plump (cows, elephants, hippos, mice) and those that live on primarily meat and fat are slender (wolves, tigers, weasels etc). Of course those that are domesticated or in captivity, like dogs eating processed carb-filled packaged food, get fat like people do. The only exceptions that spring to mind are the animals that mostly eat fish! Seals, bears, walruses – all fat fat fat! Do we need to reconsider the place of fish in our weight loss plans?
    Disclaimer – I don’t like fish.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Violinist, you are the “saintly one” for making the entire Thanksgiving line-up for 2 of you. In earlier days this
    celebration was always at our house, but now siblings have their own families, my Mother is deceased, and
    the family dynamic has changed significantly. This year I’ll only be serving Verano’s cauli and roasted red
    pepper soup, followed by a roasted small turkey breast with cranberry/apple chutney, and brussel sprouts
    sauteed with some pancetta. Certainly no apple, pumpkin or mincemeat pie 🙂 In happier days the table
    was also groaning under the weight of a mashed potato casserole, whipped sweet potatoes with lemon
    juice (Gourmet magazine, circa 1980) as well as 2 green vegetables, and of course stuffing and gravy.
    At least 2 choices of pie to follow. The appetizer was always brie baked en croute, and served with fruit
    and french bread, during the cocktail hour. I’d be overjoyed to recreate that meal for the entire family,
    but times have changed, so our celebration will be small, intimate, and centered around a blazing fire.
    Undoubtedly, college football will be the backdrop, as well as sharing memories of aunts and uncles,
    and those no longer with us. After 2+ years of BSDing, neither one of us consider the “feast” the major
    component in any holiday. It’s somewhat liberating, in fact. Fully enjoy your day, Violinist! Your husband
    is a lucky man to be able to enjoy such “a spread”! I think that I’ll keep your plans “under my hat”,
    lest my O/H gets any ideas…Are we only 2 weeks away???

• posted by Violinist
    on

Morning Allie!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Yes, two weeks away. And I could do without all the food, but hubby really wants it. Last year I was laid up with a broken ankle and he was busy doing all the chores he was not used to doing.

• posted by Midfielder
    on

Allie
    Thanks again
    I will try and drink two litres of water but that’s a awful lot for me, 8 big glasses per day.

The search suggest you made indicated that week 3 of the diet there is often no weight loss that’s made me feel a little better.
    In addition to the diet I am doing a lot of excise which I need to do because of the holiday we are planning next year, also the holiday was another reason for the need to lose weight.

Just by was of an introduction I am from the “Central Coast” in the state of “New South Wales” in Australia. We are roughly 45 minutes freeway driving north of Sydney. My town is called Umina Beach / Ettalong Beach, both towns are sorta one town but from years ago we have two towns instead of one, left google imagines below.

My hope is to get below 79Kls by Christmas currently about 90 Kgs.

BTW in your post you said this in time becomes a way of life and you leave your old life behind,

When I get to my say 78Kgs my next quest will be how to maintain it… but still a while to go.

Imagines of Umina Beach … just sharing
    https://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=610&ei=vRLkW5jzHpuoyAPxz42oAw&q=umina+beach&oq=umina+&gs_l=img.1.0.0l10.2204.3802.0.6258.7.7.0.0.0.0.223.1063.0j4j2.6.0….0…1ac.1.64.img..1.6.1060.0…0.Ko61wQCp8_I

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Everyone, thank you for replying to my question.
    To answer one of your questions Allie, there are less than 500 people living in this parish. – So little point in focusing on very local people. – I was thinking of maybe weekend and mid week residential breaks, so that people can not only share in the classes but also have time to socialise / chat and form support networks with the other people on the break. – But provide the option of just joining in during the day if people want.
    I feel its important to understand what problems and issues people have with eating keto and base the course on that rather than focusing on my own needs.
    I was thinking more in terms of having a chief who had spent the time to learn what keto is, and would be willing to pass on cooking techniques as the centre of the event. – Perhaps making sauces from scratch, using spices to vary a dish, using alternative flours. Maybe even simpler cooking skills because people are moving from eating ready meals or prepared ingredients to cooking from fresh. Or catering for special events (like Christmas.)
    I wasn’t going to focus on vegi. – But be open to all food groups.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All.sorry Im so late logging in this week.I have been really busy with overseas guests .we have had several restruant meals and a lunch at our place..I was busy cleaning and cooking for our lunch guests then cleaning again.afrewards. I’ve not had any wine for months so this week I had several glasses.End result gained wt and didnt make it to the gym at all.It was fun but Im glad to get back to normal I’m not going to weigh till Tuesday and I will count that as my starting point. As I’m in Australia. , we dont do Thanksgiving so the next challenge is Christmas .I have time to loose a few kg and get back on track.

• posted by alliecat
    on

That sounds hectic, butterlover, but lots of fun 🙂 I had the very same experience with wine on the occasions
    I indulged during the 10 months it took me to shed 140lbs. After the second time, both Thanskgiving and
    Christmas, the scale jumped up 1.5lbs, and it took me 5 days to get rid of it. I soon took the hint, and simply
    had to give it up. You’ll soon be back on track though, and you have plenty of time to make great progress
    before your next holiday. And you will!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone

Midfielder ..I had a sneeky look at Umina beach.It looks FAAAAB !! My boys are in Cairns at the moment and loving Australia . I am British but living in France 😉 Keep your eye on the goal.You will get there and this is a great place for support and to find answers to queries.

Violinist ..how are the Thanksgiving préparations coming along ? That’s an awful lot of work, hope you get backup ! I think you have it sorted Allie. Your Thanksgiving sounds like the Christmas I will be spending with OH.

JGwen I love the sound of your course and wish you every success. I did send a post which got lost but what I basically said was I have no business experience unlike Allie’s ‘ bearded one’ so can’ t help there but I definitely think there is growing interest in the keto way of eating. I did wonder as a teacher 😉 if you were planning on any ‘teaching, instructional ‘input or just the cooking ? I am learning all the time and there is so much material out there. It’s definitely a steep learning curve ! My basic concern is how to achieve ketosis consistently, how to maintain it , what foods cause you to go out of ketosis….It’s a lot of trial and error for me and my wee sticks 😉
    PS Let us know about your breath testing meter and all the very best with your venture.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Allie ! You are always here watching over us all . My comfort blanket !

I am worried that we have had no news from Gheart and my OMAD twin Eclectic.

I hope you ladies are ok ?? Hoping to get news ….

Lots of good wishes going out to my BSD family : Violinist, Verano, (hope you are enjoying the break ) Kazz, Caronl, Natalie, xxxx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi wendleg. I am honoured to be part of the family! I am a bit quiet this week – fighting a heavy cold. So sorry for radio silence on this thread. With you all in spirit!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hope you feel better soon Caronl ! Drink hot water with lemon and ginger ( skip the honey 😉 )

• posted by alliecat
    on

Feel better soon, Caron! There are different allergens in the air as the leaves fall and then decompose (leaf mold),
    and I’ve been sniffling and sneezing too…It’s all “on the wind”, isn’t it? I can’t bear to take refuge indoors yet,
    however 🙂

Goodheart? Eclectic?

For those of you who are committing to keto, here is a rather bizarre advertisement that I came across today…
    It was yet another unappreciated advert for some type of fleece pullover hoodie that was covered in a large print..
    The print was of a very well marbled piece of red meat ! 🙂 It almost made me ill….Our vegetarians wouldn’t
    survive looking at it, I’m sure. I almost didn’t myself 🙂

on

Just finished a 36 hour fast. Not too bad, plenty of fluids kept me going. Spent the time thinking about my “Why”. Truth be told, I was given an ultimatum by my hubby, which is what started me on BSD, but it also keeps me really stressed and upset. But if I’m honest, I’d like to lose weight. I have a lot of clothes I don’t fit now or I want to buy. I also want to be a good example of health for my daughter. So I want to try to adjust my thinking and focus on those sort of reasons from now on.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Well done Goodheart and great to hear from you ! You did well resisting the party foods too , give yourself a well-deserved pat on the back !
    Stress is not good and can affect cortisol levels and weight loss. I don’t believe you will be successful if you feel under pressure from a third party to change in some way/lose weight. It has got to be what you want for YOU . You are already beginning to think about the positives for you in adopting this way of eating and I think that is the way to go . Losing weight should not be upsetting or stressful. It’s not easy but what keeps us going are the enormous health benefits and the well being we will feel. Hold on to that.
    I would say concentrate on YOUR reasons for making changes to your way of eating and maybe talk to your hubby and tell him how you feel I don’t mean to be intrusive but I would say ‘ultimatums’ never really work and it’s very controlling as you are experiencing. Your hubby may be concerned about your health but there are kinder ways of saying that too ….
    Do it for you Goodheart ! We are all here to help and support you along the way

• posted by Midfielder
    on

Ry Coder, is a slide guitarist, some say one of the best… anywho one of his songs is called “”‘Feeling Bad Blues”” and its played very slowly with the guitar almost moaning and screaming ..

Thats what I sorta feel like, I think I have kept to the 800 cals per day but over the past say 16 maybe 17 days I have lost about one kg.

I have never been so hungry over a long period… “She who must be obeyed” thinks my stomach became so big and it wants filling. Allie posted above maybe its the lack of fat in my current diet and the “”Woosh”” effect will come.. but I really struggle with the water bit the 2 to 3 litres per day, I am struggling to get drink more the 1.5 litres .

Its kinda dawned on me that to get to my desired weight will take another two to three months post the diet so I am assuming a longer but not as restrictive diet.

I do have some good news and maybe I am actually in quite a good mood but a bit down on the no loss of weight despite lots and lots of excise and 800 cals a day…

The good news is and believe me this guy has been a life saver… his name is Akis and he is on Jamie Oliver’s Foodtube.

My guess is maybe 10 to 15 percent of his vids suit this diet and he shows how to cook them a couple of meals I have had without the bread or chips
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb7iBbwIiBY ….. filling

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecq0mv5_G6g ….. Tasty and he does a similar one with chicken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgzrR5yWsic … very nice and very easy …

In closing any hints on the feeling hungry and when the weight will again start to fall.. another question is my not drinking the 2 to 3 litres of water a day a big issue…

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello midfielder! I’ve already shared my thoughts on the reason for so much water, so I won’t reiterate them
    here. You may not like the answer, but it is none the less true 🙂 No one enjoys a stall on the scale, and I suggest
    that almost all of us have been through it! You mentioned lots of exercise in conjunction with calorie counting…
    That’s part of the old concept of calories in, calories out, and it isn’t the most important measure with the
    BSD. The type of calories is the key to this way of life, not the qty. I really suggest that you take a measure
    of your macros, i.e., grams of carbs and protein, within 800 cal. a day, and healthy fats should make up the
    difference. For a full understanding of the role than insulin and insulin resistance play in gaining control
    of your weight, Gary Taubes book. “Why We Get Fat..and What To Do About It” is very illuminating, and the
    perfect companion to MMosley’s books. Although this is defined as an 8 week diet, many of us have carried
    on for many more rounds to reach our ideal weight. In my case, 10 months. Again, fats and fiber are the
    key to minimizing hunger…Let us know how you get on 🙂

Allie

on

Good morning. I’m taking today as a new start. I weighed in at 179. My first goal is 170, which is like to reach by December. I’m going to focus on a week at a time so for this week I’d like to lose about 3.5 pounds. I’m going to strictly stick with BSD this week and 800 calories a week as focus on keeping hydrated. Along with daily check-in posts here, I’m going to keep track of my feelings and such on my iPad. I have a great lack of self-control it seems, especially when I stay up too late so I also want to get a decent night’s sleep, which is actually a difficult thing for me.

I’ve been reading over everyone’s posts, rejoicing with the successes and sympathizing with the difficulties some of your are facing. While I’m not a success story yet, I want to cheer everyone on.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Every day has the potential to be a new start, Goodheart, if we will just allow it to be 🙂 You know that you’re
    in the right place, and I’ll be carefully following your daily posts. This IS the way forward and the future. No
    one can do this for us, we have to do it for ourselves..but take comfort in the fact that we don’t have to do
    it alone! Hugs,

Allie

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi JGwen
    Following on from wendleg’s comments, my thoughts were along the same lines regarding a beginning to the course regarding basic instruction on why LCHF/Keto is so beneficial. The majority of the population is still unaware of what goes on inside our bodies when we eat refined carbs and starches. How would you get people interested if they don’t understand why it would benefit? Or would you just see what interest you get initially from people who are aware? Would this chef be able to present beforehand a simplified explanation on the benefit of this WOE then turn to demonstration? Here’s a bold thought ….. why not invite MMosely himself to give a 30 min presentation! Or Dr Aseem Malhotra! Am I getting carried away? I just think it’s a fabulous venture, JGwen and am excited for you!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hi everyone, I’m just catching up with posts.
    GHeart – Am sending you hugs. We are our own worst critics regardless of other people’s views. Rise above and BELIEVE that you can do this, because you can and are doing. Just keep chipping away, one day at a time.
    Violinist, my mouth is watering! Enough said! 😇😁
    Caron, hope you feel batter soon!
    Wendy, hi, am here, out for lunch again! Waitress was happy to accommodate my ploughman’s so I had ham, cheese and salad minus the crust bread. Mum had the crusty bread (and chips) and I kept looking at it! Taunted me until I mentally imagined it smeared with plug hole hair matted with soap! Job done! 🤮🤮🤮🤢🤢
    Kazzeexx!

• posted by alliecat
    on

GrrOSS, Kazz! 🙂 Must you put that imagery in my imagination before dinner??? I’m virtually sending you
    the raw meat patterned fleece in response, crazy girl 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.