R-:FOCUS – One Week at a Time, Beginning Nov. 13th!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Guys I have just been on the NHS website to calculate my BMI. So At 18 stone which I was when I weighed myself Sunday to begin my week that is a BMI of 43, I have just done it at my new weight of 17.1 and it is now 40.7 which is better. But what made me laugh was their advice! They said I needed to lose 12lbs with a recommendation of 1932-2484kcal intake per day so I could lose 1-2lbs a week! So even though actual doctors are saying it is wrong the NHS are spouting crap πŸ’©! Oh how I laughed at it🀣🀣🀣🀣. I think will stick with this and continue to lose at the rate I am already thank you. πŸ’ž

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Do just bear in mind Birdy that your on-going weekly discards may not mirror the first week. For some of us 1-2lb a week is just dandy (because we also sometimes see inch differences as well and going down a size)! Though I agree overall goals are more than the NHS BMI thing would suggest.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I know 6T I am sure it will slow down for me and I will be happy with any amount of discard on this WOE. But if it were any other diet I know (as I have tried them all) that I would discard and gain all the time. With thus I feel I won’t gain as long as I stick to it. I would love to have a normal BMI.πŸ’ž

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

I was just adding in the Low carb / cal chic in case it helps some people. πŸ™‚
    Apart from a tuny bit of choc at an xmas meal & 1 sq yesterday that’s the inly choc I’ve had since last May.
    I too like others here have abstained as my body gets used to none. That for me has been much better long term.
    I’ve recently even given away almost all my sweet treat ‘bag’ to a lodger! So I’m getting really good.
    I thoroughly enjoy strawberries/ blueberroes / blackberries with some greek yoghurt. I’ve not scraped choc on because I’m still wanting to lose weight & watch things very carefuuly. But l’ll look forward to adding some just now & then! πŸ™‚ But I don’t get those ‘comfort eating’ cravings any more ! How amazing is that!!!
    & I was a serious Comfort Eater! So if I can anyone can!!! πŸ˜€ Amazed I can even say it! πŸ™‚

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Sorry for spelling errors in my above post!
    Chic = choc !!
    Carefuuly = Carefully!
    I waz also going to say the Grren & Blacks flavoured dark choc bars seem v nice now, although a few yrs ago they seemed bitter.
    How my palet has changed! So much better! πŸ™‚
    Birdy76 – sounds like you’re doing great!! πŸ™‚
    Just keep going no matter what! πŸ™‚
    This WOE works! πŸ™‚ I’m heading towards a 3st lost now since fully starting last June. πŸ™‚

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you . aurora-magic I can’t believe how it has worked for me so far! I am really happy. May I say you have done amazingly I take my hat off to you. I am going to avoid choc for now as I am not a big chocolate eater anyway, but if I need some when flo is near then I will take a look at the ones you have suggested. Thank you again Birdy πŸ’žπŸ¦œ

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I was wondering if anyone has heard/ suffered of GERD(Gastroesophageal reflux disease)? I suffer with this and have for a year now. It flares up if I consume too much citrus, bread, pizza and mint teas etc. I have got up the last few mornings and it has been there it feels like a blockage in my left side! Not nice at all😒. I am just wondering if it is the lime and lemon juice I have consumed in dressings, although it has been hardly any really because usually I have to drink a whole glass of orange juice for it too happen. I have also taken a liking to lemon and ginger tea, but have only had two lots of that. Anyone have any ideas please? Thank you πŸ’žπŸ¦œ

Please log in or register to post a reply.