Question about Cholesterol

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by PeterPerkin
    on

Hi all
    Been on the BSD for two weeks, weekly weigh in this morning – lost 6kg, absolutely amazed.
    I have probably not been following the guidelines totally as I am wary of full cream dairy and its effect on my cholesterol levels – any informed comments?
    A big thankyou to all of the positive contributors on this forum. This is my first post but I have gained a lot of help and inspiration from your comments, advice and encouragement. You are improving peoples lives.
    Roll on week 3.
    Thanks again
    PP

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi peter, welcome to the forums.
    Those of us who have had cholesterol tests while on this diet have had results showing lowered or back to normal levels.
    It is no longer believed that dairy products cause a rise in bad cholesterol levels.
    It took me 2 weeks to pluck up the courage to eat full fat dairy – now there is no stopping me! Also it helps to keep you feeling fuller.
    Hope you have a good week three and congratulations on your losses so far ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by KatieB
    on

First post for me too! I’m coming to the end of week 3 and nearly a stone down ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m also really worried about my cholesterol as following results of health check this week my fasting glucose was 6.8 and cholesterol 8.5.
    GP wanted to start me on statins but agreed to wait three months whilst I give this diet a go. I can’t get my head around the idea that full fat won’t have an effect on my cholesterol levels.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi katieb I had readings between 6 and 8 but since being on this diet and for the first time in decades of eating full fat my recent result was 5.5. I have hypothyroidism which elevates cholesterol readings so I am pretty happy with that.

Bill1954 has a completely normal (lowered) cholesterol level after weeks of eating full fat.

Just jump in and do it! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi all,
    There is a reason why grain fed cattle and chickens attract premium prices at the butchers. The meat is marbled with fat, which makes it taste better!
    That’s essentially what we do to our bodies with a high carb intake. Studies have shown that a low carb diet can lower cholesterol.

Please log in or register to post a reply.