Question about carbs, fats and cals

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by blessedenough
    on

Sorry if this has been asked before but i am struggling to get my head around something….. I usually follow a lchf diet and eat around 1500 cals a day. However i am just not losing weight fast enough and i am falling back into my old carby ways, well enough is enough! I actually hate processed carbs (but love them when i do eat them but they give me IBS and make me fat) and i dont think anyone needs them but when i start i cant stop.

I want to invigorate my whole families lifestyle – we are all a bit chubby and i am worried my well covered yet small children (4 and 2) will end up fighting the fight i have my whole life. I am NOT putting them on a diet but i want them to have the right start with high fat, filling foods that their little growing bodies need – no one NEEDS pasta, right? Luckily they love veg and meat and dairy.

I am not diabetic but i had gestational diabetes x 2 and have the right sort of shape, i am a bit of an egg on legs. Also i am getting older and i fear its only a matter of time.

So here finally here is my question…. how do i get enough fat in so that i am not hungry whilst keeping my cals at 800 or there abouts. From doing my lchf diet i know keeping your carbs as low as possible is the key. I am strict, so limited below ground veg (swede mainly), usually no pulses, beans, no fruit ( the odd berry as a weekend treat), i even swap onions for shallots and limit tomatoes. I think dairy doesnt agree with me so i limit cheese to a sprinkle and rarely have yoghurt.

On my lchf diet i wasnt losing much on a regular basis (2st in 2 yrs on and off) and i think i got carried away with the high fat thing and had too many calories or i am kidding myself on my strictness – i really am not sure which.

So how do you get enough fat in to be full, whilst keeping carbs low but getting enough vegetables and protein to have good nutrition and keep below the 800 or so cals?

I am using this week and weekend to get back on my lchf diet (went on holiday) and then on Monday i will be starting in earnest. I have read the book.

Please log in or register to post a reply.