Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Julz, your necklace sounds lovely, what a thoughtful gift.
    My positives for today are …
    ๐ŸŽ‰ Other people posting positives…. thank you.
    ๐ŸŽ‰ Just been out to water the garden and found a frog sitting on the hosepipe. Gave him a little shower and took his photo ๐Ÿ˜„
    ๐ŸŽ‰ Made egg fried rice, with a pack of the frozen cauli rice I got in Tesco last week. Quick and simple, but very tasty.
    ๐ŸŽ‰ So grateful for being able to shower whenever I like … very much appreciated in this humid weather.

That will do for me today. Stay positive everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Finding positives today is challenging, as I’ve had a gloomy day … not for any particilar reason mind. Got up late, feeling mentally foggy and low. However, there must be some positives, so here goes ….
    ๐Ÿ’ Prep for our visitors almost complete, just need to clean toilets and the rowing machine to be folded tomorrow.
    ๐Ÿ’ Friend was pleased with the birthday present I sent to her.
    ๐Ÿ’ Got out my proper camera today, want to get back into the habit of using that instead of my phone.

Hope you have had a positive day and that you’ll be sharing some of those with us soon.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Sorry Sunny that you had a gloomy day. I cannot imagine that your loos are at any time less than 100% presentable.
    I am anticipating a positive for tomorrow; a new washing machine. It is integrated so had to wait till i could book a full removal/installation service, which had been suspended in lockdown etc. I have pretty much run through all dble bed linen, so it will be busy! Having wished earlier for rain, a good drying day would be nice…

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – yes I am so happy that my old life is almost back up and running.

Was interested to read that you have started fasting. How long are you fasting for?

I have just rediscovered fasting. So that is my positive for today – just completed 3 days of 17hr intermittent fasting.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Sorry you felt gloomy today, SunnyB. Hope tomorrow is much better.
    Sixturkeys, I hope the new washing machine works well.

Positives today โ€“
    We’ve found a good local walk which is mostly shady. Usually it’s muddy, so we never go that way, but guessing it would have dried out we tried it. Lovely dappled shade, and there are several different routes, so we’ll go that way again in suitable weather.
    Picked my first home grown tomato for lunch.
    Managed to get some sparkling water. We drink it out of flutes and although it’s not as exciting it does help us resist the wine.
    Watched MM’s TV show tonight and got a new recipe and more motivation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SQUIDGE I think one of the best things ever is dappled light thru trees..makes me feel so happy! ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ
    Ahh I love yr idea of drinking sparkling water from flutes! Ok its not champers but its fun!
    SIXTURKEYS,Fingers crossed for a good drying day for you when yr new W / m is up and running..so cheerful to see washing blowing on the line and I love the fresh smell of linen thats dried outdoors
    SUNNY good on you for staying positive and upbeat despite an attack of the glooms! Hope tomorrow will be better X!
    * Wowwwwwwwww! Really enjoying watching the storm for the last few hours..amazing lightning flashing across the sky,pouring with rain and tons of thunder..very dramatic!
    * I too watched MM and felt motivated by it!
    * A neighbour has wound fairy lights all around the trunks of the trees outside…looks magical!
    ๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’คGoodnight all,hope you sleep well๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค
    Or goodmorning if its tomorrow,have a groovy day! ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒบ
    I like this quote,think will help me keep onwards and downwards..by Abe Lincoln
    โ€œ Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most โ€œ

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Yowzer and Squidge – dappled light through trees is always the highlight of our walks. It also makes me feel so happy.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good morning everyone
    KRYSIA,so pleased you agree about dapples!.Its wonderful isnt it! The beauty of Mother Nature ๐Ÿ’œDappled horses too,so lovely.
    ๐ŸŒทEarly morning positives..๐ŸŒท.
    * Woke up after long and stressy dreams!! So glad to wake and realise,they were just bad dreams after all,not real
    * Thankful for another day and whatever it brings
    * Everywhere feels fresh and clean and so peaceful after the magnificent raging storm last night. More Mother Nature beauty!
    Take care,stay safe,have a fab day! xxxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning everyone!
    Sunny sorry yesterday wasnโ€™t the best but todayโ€™s another day so letโ€™s hope itโ€™s better.
    Squidge …. home grown tomato bet it was the best youโ€™ve ever tasted!
    Krysia, Iโ€™m not sure if Iโ€™m truly fasting. I donโ€™t eat breakfast so I guess I go 16 hrs most days but ….. I have a cup of tea with milk some mornings other days I have green tea. I am going to try and go without lunch as well one day but not sure when! Think that will be my limit.
    Yowzer donโ€™t know what it is but weโ€™ve been experiencing those weird dreams as well!
    So my week has been nearing โ€˜normalโ€™. …..
    ๐Ÿฅ‘ My house is sparkling again thanks to the help I have.
    ๐Ÿฅฆ My toe nails are manicured and polished. Feet looking great in sandals.
    ๐Ÿ“ My hair is cut and coloured ….. felt safe in the salon ….. goodbye old me!!
    ๐Ÿฅฌ Have ventured out into the โ€˜realโ€™ world for dinner. Must admit despite the hand sanitiser and one way system I felt a little unsafe. No other measures with waiters without gloves or mask and as close as normal. Not sure weโ€™ll go there again.
    ๐Ÿ† Sun hats for myself and granddaughter arrived together with sunglasses and a lovely strappy candy floss pink camisole. Just hope the weather lasts long enough for me to wear it this summer!
    ๐Ÿ… Positives in waiting …. due to see sil today first time in 6 months or more. Son et al home tomorrow…. great!
    So it has been a busy few days for me but goodness itโ€™s so uplifting after months of โ€˜shieldingโ€™.
    Have a wonderful day filled with positives.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Good morning!

Yes, nature is wonderful. We’re really lucky to have lots of nice places to walk round here. That made such a difference during lockdown. We’ve started litter picking every day. All that bending down is probably good exercise and it help keeps the area looking nice.

We had rain last night. First for at least a fortnight. It was much needed. No storm, as predicted. (Unless I slept through it.)

I’ve lost a pound! When I initially got to my target weight on this diet, I did so slowly, so I’m not worried that it’s happening again. I’ll get there.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

6T, Squidge, Krysia, Yowser and V, thank you so much for all the positives posted.
    Yowser, excellent quote from Mr Lincoln.
    6T, hope the new washer is in, up and running.
    V, sounds like you are all spruced up and enjoying a refreshed look.
    Squidge, every little pound disposed of, is one less to worry about.
    Krysia, well done on your 3 days of 17hrs fasting.

My positives for today….
    ๐ŸŒบ Yesterday’s gloominess kicked to the curb. ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™‚๏ธ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™‚๏ธ
    ๐ŸŒบ Last min prep for visitors complete by 9.30am.
    ๐ŸŒบ Lovely afternoon, with family and friends.
    ๐ŸŒบ Granddaughter has settled in just as if she lives here ๐Ÿ˜„
    ๐ŸŒบ At last we have had some rain …. relatively light and no storms, although I’m hoping we might get one overnight.
    ๐ŸŒบ Had thought we’d need to cancel date night this week, but our guest have had a change of plan and will leave here Saturday instead of Sunday, so we can have date night after all.

Wishing you all lots of positives…. and fingers crossed you’ll have time to tell us about a few of them.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    Good to see all the positives which, as usual, bring a smile to my face.
    Yesterday was a pretty good one for me …..
    ๐Ÿฅ— Lunch out with sil and niece. Enjoyed a good โ€˜super greenโ€™ salad with grilled chicken.
    ๐ŸŒถ Restaurant had good social distancing with only three out of seven tables being used in the section we were in and disposable menus. Felt very reassured.
    ๐Ÿฅ’ Notice more and more people are becoming conscious of โ€˜carbsโ€™. I remember in the early days how we used to fear eating out and asking for no potatoes or rice etc, Now we are the โ€˜normalโ€™ ones!
    Today promises to be a good one for me, hope it is for you too.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Good morning.

Glad you had a better day, SunnyB, and you had a nice day out, Verano. We’re being cautious and still not eating out, or mixing with others except at a distance outside โ€“ which does have the benefit of making sticking to the diet easier. We both work mainly from home, and our parents are ‘vulnerable’ so it seems sensible in our case.

My positives โ€“

* I’ve got used to the 16:8 fast now and hardly notice feeling hungry. I hope that means I’m in ketosis and my body is not telling me I need food, as it’s burning fat.
    * Something hopeful happened with my work.
    * Weather is cooler.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy all ! ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’–๐ŸŒˆ๐Ÿ’–
    SUNNY so glad youre feeling upbeat again,and turning cartwheels!
    Enjoy yr visitors..how old is yr grandaughter?
    Nice that you can still have yr date night this week
    VERANO, did you do Eat Out Help Out?
    SQUIDGE work sounds promising!

~ * Had a little bus ride,my bus journeys are few and far between these days,but I took the little circular bus that takes me from outside my door to the Post Office and supermarket,and back again. En route it was nice to see a few cafes have now got little tables set up outside..gives a festive carnival feel,specially as theres a lot of bunting around too..

~ * Saw a sign outside a pub that made me smile (relating to recent LFC football win after thirty long years)…
    โ€œLost property now returned after thirty years โ€œ
    Also,โ€ My wife doesnt mind me going out on a Saturday with these two birds…โ€œ
    And a picture of the Liver Birds

~ * Booked a Eat Out to Help Out lunch for 26 th August. A meal out at last! ๐Ÿ˜‹ Living the dream!….
    ยธยธ ๐Ÿ*โ€ข.ยธ๐ŸŒผยธยธ.โ€ข*ยจ๐Ÿฆ‹ยจ*โ€ข.ยธยธ๐Ÿ’žยธ.โ€ข*โ€ขยธ๐ŸŒฟ.โ€ข*ยจยธ ๐Ÿ*โ€ข.ยธ๐ŸŒผยธยธ.โ€ข*ยจ ๐Ÿ*โ€ข.ยธ๐ŸŒผยธยธ.โ€ข*ยจ๐Ÿฆ‹ยจ*โ€ข.ยธ ๐Ÿ*โ€ข.ยธ .โ€ข*ยจ๐Ÿฆ‹ยจ*โ€ข.ยธยธ๐Ÿ’ž
    โ€œ Before starting your day,take a moment to create a healing bubble around yourself. Simply envision a golden bubble of peace and protection around you. Its amazing how effective this can beโ€ (Emmanuel Dagher)

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Yowser – your golden bubble of peace just made all the hairs on my arms stand up! Bubble in place – Friday, I am ready for you!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Verano
    on

Squidge 16:8 is ok once you get into it. I very occasionally wake up โ€˜hungryโ€™ so have yogurt with berries or eggs. I think you have to just follow your own body and if itโ€™s telling you to eat …. why not! I can understand your issues with eating out. Iโ€™m โ€˜vulnerableโ€™ and have been locked up for 5 months but made the decision that yes Iโ€™m โ€˜aliveโ€™, but Iโ€™m not โ€˜livingโ€™ so bit the bullet and ate out on Tuesday. Yes, I was a little nervous and wasnโ€™t overjoyed by the safety measures in place in that particular restaurant, but you know on balance it did me good. So Iโ€™ve taken a chance and may live to regret it but I think now we just have to get on with things. Life is too short, especially at my age, to be too frightened to step over the door!
    Yowzer, no it wasnโ€™t available in the restaurant on Tuesday, not every restaurant is part of the scheme. Yesterday was Thursday so a day too late!
    Love your โ€˜bubbleโ€™ ….. mineโ€™s in place too!๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ

• posted by Squidge
    on

Yowzer, I’m glad you enjoyed your bus ride โ€“ and there were fun things to see. Interesting bubble idea!
    WindyJulz โ€“ it’s going to be a good day!
    Verano, you’re right we need to listen to our bodies when it comes to eating, and to make our own decisions about going out etc. What’s right for one person isn’t right for everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi WINDY and VERANO,so glad youve got yr bubbles in place! Im floating along in mine…!
    V of course,i had forgotten that the scheme only runs Mon – Wed til end of August.
    I found that lots of places were fully booked right up til the end of August, but we managed to squeeze in at the end of the month. Which suits me fine as Im still very wary about doing much.
    But the small steps Im making,Im really enjoying…things that used to seem quite ordinary can now feel like big adventures!
    Have wandered along Lark Lane which was a delight to see all our old haunts again.
    Havent been to town yet,missing Bold Street a lot,so a masked stroll down there is on the cards soon,sanitiser in hand! XX

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer if you havenโ€™t already it might be worth asking the restaurant what measures they have in place. Looks like thereโ€™s a huge difference in safety measures from one place to another. That may reassure you a little.
    I have a hospital appointment this afternoon and I must admit Iโ€™m a little more nervous about being in a hospital than in a restaurant!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks V! When I booked,the restaurant sent a list of their safety measures,they seem to be following it all quite closely…Not great is it,if some places arent.. Safety is paramount,we all have to look out for each other. I just keep these four words in mind ..It Hasnt Gone Away…and try to balance caution with attempting to slowly return to some semblance of a normal life again! ๐Ÿ˜„
    ~* Thinking of positives as its a positive thread, I believe if we werent before, we are now all on whatโ€™s sometimes called a Heroโ€™ s Journey ..each persons personal path thru life…and weโ€™ve all had a big wake up call.
    Hopefully tho the world looks like its at such a precarious stage,this could be a fresh start for us..after all,weโ€™re supposed to be entering the Age of Aquarius, a new paradigm after the collapse of the old Age of Pisces! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’œ
    Good luck at the hospital V! Hope all goes well xx

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

In the words of Virginia Woolf, โ€œLet us not take it for granted that life exists more fully in what is commonly thought big than what is commonly thought small.โ€ New washing machine has been doing its thing; i have been weighing myself plus myself and single duvets to make sure they are not too heavy for it to manage. Results all round. Verano used the phrase joie de vivre on another thread. maybe we should use that as another acronym alongside BSD/WOE…JDV. I am very pleased to have nice clean stuff, and in a fit of efficiency, also ironed. It IS all in the small things.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

6T, thank you for sharing that quote. It really is in the small things. I kind of believe it’s a bit like the ‘take care of the pennies’ saying …. so if you can find joy in the little things, joy in the wider world will automatically become apparent. Not sure I explained that too well ….. anyway, positives from me …..
    ๐ŸŒณ More lovely family time. Someone here asked age of youngest granddaughter …. she’s ten (going on 20) next month and a complete joy!
    ๐ŸŒณ Have been really enjoying having gd’s cockerpoo here too …. she’s a real little character.
    ๐ŸŒณ Out of hours walk around a wildlife park, where we were scrutinised by a grey wolf.
    ๐ŸŒณ Was gifted some plums, so planning so make small batch of chutney tomorrow.
    ๐ŸŒณ Latest veg ferment is ready to decant.
    ๐ŸŒณ Rain has made for a cooler day today …. more importantly, less humid.

Wishing you all a very positive weekend.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    Yowzer I think you just have to use your own judgement about levels of safety. Just yesterday I heard of one local restaurant where they arenโ€™t following any of the guidelines at all! Only thing you can do is vote with your feet and not eat!
    6T โ€˜i have been weighing myself plus myself and single duvets to make sure they are not too heavy for it to manage.โ€˜ Sounds like you are getting into the machine as well!!! Enjoy your new machine and I love your quote too.
    So to my positives….
    ๐Ÿฅ•Had a successful appointment at the eye clinic yesterday so one less thing to fret about. It was a different experience but it felt quite safe. Only a small number of patients, mask wearing, hand sanitising and record time for appointment. Last year I was there for four hours but yesterday it was just 1.5! Something good comes out of everything, as they say.
    โ˜€๏ธ Saw son for the first time in weeks. We live in different parts of the country so donโ€™t get to see each other that often.
    ๐Ÿ“ Well the protein shakes seem to be working. I have one at lunch time with almond milk and a few strawberries which makes a delicious mix. I am sure that Iโ€™m back on track. Letโ€™s hope so.
    Thank you for the acronym idea 6T. Wishing you all a positive weekend full of JDV!

• posted by Squidge
    on

Good morning!
    I do believe that looking for positives, even small ones, is good for us and increases our happiness. We often seem to be encouraged to think about what’s wrong with us, or our surroundings, or life โ€“ quite often so someone can sell us something to ‘fix’ it. We don’t need perfection in everything all the time in order to be content, but if we try to obtain that perfection, we never will be.

My positives โ€“
    *It was cool enough to go for a jog last night. Considering it’s been a while since I did that (I’d just decided to start again as it got hot) I didn’t do too bad.
    *We’ve decided to take a hill walking trip in September. We have a campervan, so can do that socially distanced, and not eating out will make sticking to the diet easier. That’s extra motivation to get fitter.
    *My skin is looking better. Don’t know if it’s the diet, or because I’ve been using lots of moisturiser with sun protection, but I definitely look healthier.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    A little quiet here today but then it is a lazy Sunday afternoon!
    So to my positives………..
    โ˜€๏ธ Sunshine has all but disappeared here but the freshness after the rain is lovely. Hopefully weโ€™ll all get a better nights sleep tonight.
    ๐ŸŒช Whirlwind of a granddaughter due shortly ….. canโ€™t wait!
    ๐Ÿง˜๐Ÿปโ€โ™€๏ธ Yesterday was a quiet, no arrangements day, which was a pleasant change after four busy days. Canโ€™t believe how easy it is to slip back into some sort of โ€˜normalityโ€™ after so long. Pleased to report I donโ€™t have any great fears going out now and Iโ€™ve now downgraded my risk aversion slightly. Iโ€™ll still be very careful but not obsessive.
    Hope itโ€™s been a good weekend for everyone but if not itโ€™s Monday tomorrow, new day, new week, new set of positives.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi V! And everyone x happy Sunday!
    V …enjoy your grandaughter ..she sounds full of life! And great news about yr eye appt ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    SQUIDGE..how fantastic to have a campervan!
    My positives today
    ~ * Me and Beau took a big bag of goodies to my sister
    ~ * I dont often drink alcohol ( spill most haha! ) but I really enjoyed a glass of beer today ๐Ÿป
    ~ * Bought new mattress topper,protector,pillows and duvet,plus new set of bedding
    Cant wait to dive in tonight! X๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค๐Ÿ’ค ๐Ÿ˜Œ
    Thought for the day..
    You would never allow a thief into your house.
    So why would you allow thoughts that steal your joy to make themselves at home in your mind ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒท

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Yowzer another great saying! Hope you enjoyed your new bedding.
    Well the sun is shining here after some very wet weather so that has to be my first positive.
    ๐ŸŒถ Had dinner with sonโ€™s family last night. Always a joy.
    ๐Ÿฃ Granddaughter is a delight. Gets bigger every time we see her. She was delighted with her new ๐Ÿ‘’ sun hats.
    ๐Ÿ˜‡ Have almost got to the bottom of my ironing basket which is always positive.
    Wonโ€™t add anymore today.
    Hope everyone had had a positive start to the week.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Apologies for being absent over the w/e, having visitors here meant I didn’t get here to post. V, Yowser and Squidge, thanks for keeping the thread going.
    V, so pleased you have at last been able to catch up with family in person. My ironing basket is bulging, will put it on the list ๐Ÿคญ.
    Yowser, hope you enjoyed your new bedding and that cheeky beer.
    Squidge, my skin definitely benefits from this WOE, it’s clearer and I think eounds heal more quickly too.

My positives are ….
    ๐Ÿฆœ Lovely time with family over the w/e, especially nice to spend time with grandchildren.
    ๐Ÿฆœ Bought us neck fans … they’re brilliant. Will be a real boon when it get’s humid again.
    ๐Ÿฆœ Weather cooler and less humid at the moment.
    ๐Ÿฆœ Rain held off today, so I was able to do a bit in the garden today and work out what else needs attending to out there.
    ๐Ÿฆœ Have sussed out how to link my Fuji camera to my phone, so that I can transfer photos.
    ๐Ÿฆœ Grandson has an interview on Wednesday, at one of the colleges he applied to …. Nanna is taking him ๐Ÿ˜„.
    Keep noticing those positives and when time allows, please come and share some with us.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Beer, Yowzer!!!! *gasp* I’m shocked, shocked I tell you.
    I’m kidding of course. Sometimes I think it’s true that a little of what we fancy does us good โ€“ as long as it’s just now and then.

Verano, I should add no ironing pile to my list of positives. I very rarely iron anything these days. I give washed clothes a really good shake and put them on hangers to dry. Most things end up pretty crease free with that treatment, and I take care to avoid buying clothes which crease easily. Easy for us as there are just two of us, so we can dry things indoors (on a rotary hanger) if we need to, and neither of us need to wear a uniform, so we can choose our own clothes.

SunnyB, I have no idea what a neck fan is, but I’m glad they help.

My positives today are another pound lost, and an inch from my waist!

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Good to see you Sunny and pleased to see you sound back on form.
    Hi Squidge I have a real problem with uncrowned bed linen even when it doesnโ€™t look that creased so I iron almost everything. I draw the line at towel and underwear although I do know somebody who irons knickers …… life is far too short!!!
    Anyway, that brings me to my first positive …….
    ๐Ÿ‘ Almost at the bottom the ironing basket now. I ironed three super king size duvet covers and that was enough for one day!
    ๐Ÿฅฆ Broccoli with cabbage and fresh peas ….. I love podding peas …. to go with salmon fish cakes (no potato) tonight. Looking forward to that.
    โ˜€๏ธ Dropped a couple of pounds over the last two weeks ….. at last!
    Despite all the odds, leaks in roof and electrical problems and having to cancel lunch out with friends, I have still found positives today and really think, no matter how black things are looking, this thread helps to balance life up again.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Well no great dramas today so just a few positives …….
    โ˜”๏ธ Wet and mixed here today but the positive is that my begonias are looking so happy
    ๐Ÿ  House valued today so first step towards a huge life change …. maybe!
    ๐ŸŒถ Indian take-away meal tonight ….. oh how I crave spice ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ๐ŸŒถ
    I am determined at the moment to post everyday even if I am the only one!!!
    Just finding that this thread is forcing me to look for the โ€˜goodโ€™ even when itโ€™s so hidden.
    The sun will shine tomorrow ……..

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Seeing Verano post has made me think of some positives for today too๐Ÿ™‚

1.Walked the dog this morning for first time in months(she has been getting walked but by my husband)
    2.Managed to get one load of washing dried outside on line before the rain started,the rest has dried on heated airer so washing is up to date.
    3.Really enjoying my food today and have stuck to around 800 cals and 50g carbs.

Hope everyone is having a good day.Dawn

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiii VERANO! Admiring your positivity despite a few setbacks, thats the spirit, girl๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    Plus in awe of yr ironing prowess!i find bedding so hard to do,think i make as many creases as i take out!
    Enjoy yr Indian meal ๐Ÿ˜‹ and hope you wont be moving too far away x
    SUNNY B ..me and SQUIDGE really need to know more about the neck fan! Please tell! X
    DAWN Im glad to say I think i can safely say today I too have stuck to 800 cals and less than 50g carbs..
    Go,us!!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ We rock! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    Positives for this fine Wednesday..
    ~ * Well,for one thing,its Wednesday !!!!!! …..and we are all still here to live another day wooohoooo!
    ~ * Young family member has had her A level results more fairly regraded ..from an A and 2 Ds to a welldeserved A*,A and a C!โญ๏ธโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ
    ~ * Ordered some undies and tops in an online sale,v much looking forward to their arrival!
    ~* Had a lovely little squirrel in my garden looking for food..i always have nuts in for them..
    He was so tame, fed him monkey nuts and peanuts,and left him some to bury for next time his little tummyโ€™s empty!๐Ÿฟ
    Todays thought..
    Dont let a stumble in the road be the end of your journey !โ„๏ธโญ๏ธโ„๏ธโญ๏ธโ„๏ธโญ๏ธโ„๏ธโญ๏ธโ„๏ธโญ๏ธ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Squidge and Yowser, a neck fan is a gizmo that hangs around you neck with two little fans on it …. hopefully this link will work …
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B07V2CPGKJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
    It’s really pleasant indeed, especially on humid days.

Verano, I agree this thread helps with maintaining positivity, as it kind of forces you to look for what’s good in your life. Hope you enjoy your indian meal.
    Good to see you posting on this thread Dawn, glad you are enjoying your BSD food.
    Yowser, congrats to your granddaughter on her regrade. It is absolutely what should have happened from the outset, instead of that fiasco with a badly designed computer programme.

My positives for today are …
    ๐ŸŒŸ Grandson has been offered a college place, he just needs to complete his enrolment next week.
    ๐ŸŒŸ OH finished work for this week at lunchtime today. This meant he was able to join me in taking g/son to college for his interview and we could go and have a coffee together …. unheard of midweek.
    ๐ŸŒŸ Booked a table at one of my favourite restaurants for Friday night, to dine out with my parents.

Think that’s it for me today, but hope you will be posting some positives soon.

• posted by EclecticRajistani
    on

Late post for me but I haven’t forgotten to come here too with my positive.

Verano thanks for posting and you are right about finding the positives!

Great to read everyone’s positives today. My three before I fall ๐Ÿ˜ด GCSE results to oversee and signing up new students for college

๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐ŸŽ“ ๐Ÿฅณ So happy that the results were changed and govt did a U turn, appreciate it was too late for some but I feel for the covid class generation. Some happy tears ๐Ÿ˜น were shed by many of our year 13s, heres to the same for tomorrow. Good luck to your young people who are due to get results ๐Ÿคž

๐Ÿ›๐Ÿ‘ต I love spicy food, not hot chilli but spicy there is a difference. Whilst I love an Indian takeaway! Im lucky to have sampled some home cooked curries today. As it was my OMAD my mum made sure it was so BSD friendly that I’m still under my calorie count. Its nice when you are supported in this way! Plus she cooked for my ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’. We have rarely seen them this year due to pandemic and my mum also had the virus but has recovered ๐Ÿ’œ

๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โš•๏ธ๐Ÿ‘จโ€โš•๏ธ I’m thankful for good health ๐Ÿ™ and happy that my mum and others have recovered. She still gets tired so I made sure I ran some errands, washed up etc for her. I’m working on getting healthier as I lost a further 2lbs today, so 9lbs loss in 3 weeks.

Sweet dreams BSD family ๐Ÿ˜ด โœจ

• posted by Annainsicily
    on

Just coming to the end of my first week on the diet and I have stuck to it so far.
    Positive thoughts:
    My kids ate the cod with peas and braised lettuce and said it was better than top end restaurant food!
    My other half said he was pleased I’m on the diet.
    I took time for a walk in the park today and walked up the stairs to my flat rather than take the lift.

• posted by Squidge
    on

Hi everyone!

Thanks for explaining about the neck fans. Don’t fancy it myself, but I can understand they would be useful for people badly effected by hot weather, especially if they’re likely to have it long term. Here we only get a few really hot days a year, and complaining about the weather is a national pastime!

I had a couple of days not feeling totally optimistic. Nothing wrong, just fed up with not being able to go places and meet with friends, and feeling slightly restricted by the diet.
    My husband pointed out it’s my choice to do the diet and I could stop if I want to, so I cheated a bit. I enjoyed what I ate, but it made me see I want to keep on with it and get back to my target weight. Watching last night’s lose a stone in 3 weeks reinforced that. Didn’t the participants all do well? They all improved their health, lost weight and looked healthier. That’s what I want. That’s what I’m going to get!

Positives โ€“
    Despite my little wobble my weight didn’t increase.
    Despite it raining, and not feeling motivated, I still did my 10,000 steps.
    We’re going out today. Nowhere exciting, but as my husband has to go somewhere for work for a short time, I’m going too and we’ll take our daily walk somewhere else. On the way back, I’ll pop into the supermarket and buy some different low carb foods for our meals over the next few days, so I stop feeling in a rut. It’s my own fault meals had got boring. That’s good really, as it means I can fix it.
    Garden has had a good soaking, and now the sun is shining.
    We have a new DVD player, so I’ll be able to use my fitness videos again.

Sorry I rambled on so much! Hope everyone has a great day today!

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Positives for today;
    Had decent sleep last night without any weird/vivid dreams!
    Went to our local shopping centre for first time in yonks this morning.Went with my mum and daughter.We were a bit warm wearing masks but it wasnโ€™t too busy and we all did some shopping.I wonโ€™t be making it a regular trip yet but I think it did us all good to have some semblance of normality back.
    Topped up on some Hotel Chocolate 85% dark.
    Managed to resist any food in M&S cafe even tho they both had something.I did have a hot chocolate but it could have been worse,I had it plain without cream and marshmallows!
    Itโ€™s a sunny day๐Ÿ™‚

Hope everyone is having a good day.Dawn

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

This turned out a bit long..sorry folks..
    Hi ECLECTIC 9lbs in 3 weeks is Very good going! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ
    You must have been so worried about yr Mum,thk goodness sheโ€™s well again!
    AWW i like โ€œBSD family!โ€ X
    ANNAINSICILY..WOW do you live there?italy is somewhere i wd love to visit!
    Well done on yr first week,๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸฝDoing well food AND exercise wise.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    SQUIDGE me too, I was very heartened and encouraged by the results on Lose a Stone ..weight loss was great,but even better,so many big improvements to overall health in such a small time..
    I was very struck by his comment that if you get to the point where you need to take insulin,it can knock ten years off yr life..quite sobering ..
    I do have a friend well into her eighties on insulin,so it doesnt necessarily apply to everyone…but it WILL make me think twice when tempted by the sugary starchy stuff.
    SUNNY thank you for the link! X So glad youre enjoying unusual midweek time with OH!
    ADD DAWN..so you have weird and vivid dreams too!??? I have them every night. The only nights i don’t is when I have a bout of insomnia…Wd so love a long deep dreamless sleep!
    I know what you mean re shopping,am taking tentative steps and enjoying it,but seeing it as a special occasion for once a week or less.
    Well done on resisting MS goodies ( other shops available) and just having a plain hot choc..damage limitation is sensible and a treat is very much in order when out on a special occasion ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    My positives๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒท
    ~* Just had a low cal ginger beer and a bowl of berries in my daughter’s garden We had such a laugh as well,which did us even more good than the berries!
    ~* So grateful to live literally one minute away from her..got home quickly just before it started to pour with rain
    ~* The apartments that have been getting built for well over two years,just a few feet away from my home, and have been delayed time and again,due to various setbacks,lockdown,etc,…have finally been finished! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    Put the flags out!!!!! Not complaining,just looking forward to no more noisy workmen,no more loud radios,no more enormous trucks arriving from 7 a.m. onwards. Plus,a LOT less dust hopefully! ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„Yipppppppeeeeeee!
    And a good quote for these days of endless and often conflicting covid statistics..from Jerome K Jerome..
    ๐Ÿ’œ โ€œ Eat good dinners and drink good wine; read good novels if you have the leisure and see good plays; fall in love, if there is no reason why you should not fall in love; but do not pore over influenza statistics. โ€œ ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒxxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer …. you made me laugh out loud with your last โ€˜sayingโ€™! Yes letโ€™s not pore over the stats.
    Will write more tomorrow.
    Have a good evening!

• posted by Squidge
    on

Dawn, well done on being quite restrained in the face of temptation.
    Yowzer, how nice to have a laugh with your daughter, and to be free of the noise from workmen.

My positives โ€“ probiotics! We went to a huge Sainsbury’s today and they had lots of different live yoghurts and kefir โ€“ our nearest supermarket is very lacking in that kind of thing. We got some thick stuff like yoghurt, and tastes like it too. Also a clear sparkling drink, which is very nice โ€“ zero sugar, almost zero carbs and very few calories.

I also bought buckwheat (never tried it before) several kinds of seeds, lots of veggies and some salmon. I was feeling super healthy even before we got it all home.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

Thanks Yowser and Squidge,managing to resist things in M&S cafe definitely set me up to have a good day as I thought if I could resist the stuff there it would be a doddle to stick to healthy eating once I was home๐Ÿ™‚
    Squidge I bought buckwheat for the first time last month.I cooked some and mixed it with lemon and coriander and just had a spoonful with salmon salad and it was really nice.Dawn

• posted by Squidge
    on

That sounds nice, Dawn โ€“ and I have the lemon and coriander, so I’m all set! Thanks for the tip.
    I didn’t have to resist temptation in the confectionary and baked goods aisles in the supermarket โ€“ the trolley was so full of all the healthy stuff we didn’t have room for anything else! I’m really looking forward to trying the new things, so that will be as much of a treat as if I’d bought cake. I like to try new foods, even if I don’t actually like eating them โ€“ if you see what I mean.

• posted by ADD6605
    on

I know exactly what you mean Squidge,Iโ€™m really trying to try new foods now and itโ€™s enjoyable discovering things I would never have thought of having before.Im still getting used to the fact that a big bowl of salad made with lots of different textured foods is more appealing to me than a bowl of my favourite pasta.It sounds like youโ€™ve had a great food shipping trip and are all set to continue with your healthy eating๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    I am really impressed and heartened by all your positives. Itโ€™s good to wake up and read this thread it puts a smile on my face …… great way to start the day.
    Eclectic I do love both spice and chilli but Iโ€™d love some of your mumโ€™s BSD friendly recipes!
    So yesterday was an improving day apart from finding a leak under the sink…..
    ๐Ÿ”ง๐Ÿ”ฆ Plumber found the leak under the sink and fixed it. So glad we have emergency home cover.
    ๐Ÿฉบ Washing machine doctor found a leak behind our machine, fixed it and also identified the problem with our electricity.
    So all three problems sorted. Definitely counts as a good day.
    ๐Ÿฝ Diet has been a bit erratic this week probably because of the minor dramas but today is a getting back on track day. Just at the moment I feel as though Iโ€™m at that tipping point where it would be so easy to reach for the nuts, Lindt, oat biscuits and Ryvita …… but I will stay strong and have a shake for brunch instead!
    So, hope everyone has a good Friday…. almost the weekend again. Stay positive!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there, not been feeling positive for a few weeks so happy to report the blues have passed. Some positives in the turmoil of Covid.
    1. It has made me review what is important in life and family win out – so plans will need to be made.
    2. Despite my meal out I still managed to lose weight.
    3. So grateful for aircon during this heatwave – wishing for rain.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g if, or should I say when?, you come back to the UK you wonโ€™t have to worry about heatwaves and I can promise you will have more than enough rain! Itโ€™s so cold here today I have had my heating on!

on

V, as I get older I find it harder to tolerate the heat. When you are cold you can wrap up or turn up the heating, when you are hot you just sweat. Even with a pool because you cant go out in it unless you are stupid. Can I also say, my kitchen bin is full of maggots, almost impossible to control them as the flies get under the lid and lay eggs, loads of wasps, shield bugs buzzing around, mosquitoes every night – oh the joys of a hot country. There is a new pest for every season except Winter when we just have the spiders. I think I have just talked myself to favouring the UK.

• posted by Verano
    on

S-g I know what you mean. I must admit if I do sit in the sun itโ€™s for maybe 30 minutes the rest of the time I spend in the shade. Oh yes the mosquitoes and the flies must be awful. We had a fly invasion a few weeks ago so called out Mr Wheelie Bin cleaner and problem solved! Everywhere has its downsides but as you say family wins hands down especially when travelling is so restricted.
    I also wanted to add to Jennie10โ€™s post on another thread. I have to say when I have blood tests the results are usually with the GP the same day. In fact I had a routine diabetes check several years ago and that afternoon I had a call from my GP to say that my potassium level was very high, and should go straight to A&E where she had arranged another test, by a consultant, for me. So I wouldnโ€™t worry too much that the care here is inferior to that in France.
    Quite recently I was looking at Dietdoctor and they have a facility that lists Low Carb friendly GPs. Would you believe one of the doctors in my practice is on the list. I have been thinking of getting in touch with her for some monitoring because I think some accountability might help. Need to pluck up the courage!

on

V, I am also very aware that we pay a lot of money for our medical care here – for us oldies it costs โ‚ฌ135 a month or around ยฃ120. So glad to hear of these types of positives.

Please log in or register to post a reply.