Good afternoon! New month so renewed enthusiasm and time to add some positives.
JGwen sounds like a great scheme almost like bartering. Hope this is the first of many great ‘exchanges’.
So it’s August; month 8 of 2020. So where am I at? Gain of 7 lbs since the start of the year but given I’ve just endured five months of ‘imprisonment’ I’m not too disappointed. BTW MM has a programme on Ch 4 Wednesday at 9pm, ‘Lose a stone in 21 days’ I’ll only have to do 10.5!!!!!.
1. Weather here has been very mixed. Should have made a bbq last night but it started to rain about 5.30. So what’s positive? Salad and a burger was probably far more healthy than a full on bbq!
2. Hopefully having some olive trees that have outgrown their planters replanted and pruned tomorrow. They have grown like weeds these past few months obviously loving the combination of heat and showers.
3. My ‘incarceration’ is over ….. hurray!!! I know things haven’t really changed today …. virus still out and about but…….. I have a hair appointment in just eleven days …. Oh to be able to finally take that ‘bag’ off my head and look ‘human’ again.
Yes life is good!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend and stay positive…….
We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.
Good afternoon! New month so renewed enthusiasm and time to add some positives.
Apologies for not getting here yesterday. The later part of the day got busy, so I didn’t get ths chance to drop by. Thanks for your posts JGwen and Verano. The exchange thing sounds interesting Jillie, hope it goes well. V, like you, I’m itching to get my hair cut, but my hairdresser is in Turkey, so I’ll have to wait. Have taken scissors to my hair a couple of times in the last few months!
Right, so some positives from me …
🎠 Chatted with a friend on skype yesterday. Due to tech problems her end, we haven’t been able to communicate for awhile, so it was good to catch up.
🎠 Date night last evening was very pleasant … we were able to enjoy pre-dinner cocktails on the patio.
🎠 Roses are continuing to provide lots of colour in the garden
🎠 OH has at last put up the last two pieces of coving in our bedroom …. it’s only taken about two months!
🎠 Has been a really lazy, leisurely day.
🎠 Found out yesterday, our neighbour in Turkey continues to make good progress, after a month in an induced coma earlier this year.
That’s it for now … please do let us know what your positives are though.
Lovely news VERANO re shielding ending and hair appt coming up 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Seems hard to believe its a month since you said its the first of July…where did that month go to?????
Saw my first Christmas gift advert over a week ago..smh…
SUNNY pleased to hear yr FRI dinner dates are still going strong!
Hello to all,just a flying visit for now xxx 🙂PS yeh me too ..deffo be watching MMs new programme!
Lockdown hasnt been kind…Oddly,all my clothes have shrunk in the wash! 😋😋😋
Have a great day!
Yowser, yes the Friday date night seems to be very much a fixture now. Thanks for posting, it’s good to know you’re still about. That goes for you too Violinist, it’s been awhile since you were here …. hope you’re doing okay. Please come and post again soon both of you.
Positives for me today ….
💐 Quiet relaxing day with OH
💐 Lovely late afternoon walk in our friend’s woodland. Was so beautifully peaceful.
💐 While we were there, we made an approx measurement of one of the oak trees and calculated it’s age at approx 140yrs old …. completely humbling.
💐 Got a tiny holly sapling, to try and bonsai … exciting😃.
Think that’s me for today. Hope your weekend has been relaxing and chock full of positives. Please take a moment to share of of them with us.
SUNNY how fab to walk in woodlands..and arent trees wonderful,but then so is everything in nature and so soothing to the spirit! And like you said,humbling..also awe inspiring!
We need these lifts to our spirits more than ever now
Where I live we have a 1000 year old oak tree,the oldest in the North West of England.
So pleased youre still doing yr friday night thing! X
Take care everyone and have a great week!xx
🌻🐝 Find love in small moments and find joy in small things 🐝🌻 ( Mary Davis)
Ps meant to say,SUNNY!i envy yr green fingers..i cant seem to keep even a pot plant alive…think I must over water everything. I only have a balcony,no garden,but recently purchased some kind of garden tool,not even sure yet what its called,in the hopes i can maybe learn some skills and brighten up my balcony!
One time,years ago,when i lived in London,I planted carrots..they never ever emerged! 😀 wonder where i went wrong!
On a totally different topic,does anyone ever have odd things happening in their home..
I went into the kitchen,telly in lounge was on Bbc 1,Antiques Roadshow…came back into the lounge and telly was on E4+1..
Something about a rich boy going camping with a poor family..
Not first time this has happened this year..xxx
Really feel the need to get back to daily posting on thIs thread. Goodness if we can’t find three positives a day then we really are in a bad state. So ….. let’s just keep posting!!!!!
Hi Violinist, hope things in your part of the world are improving, although all accounts here suggest otherwise. Hope you and yours are well.
So for my three …..
1. Potted up some non-stop begonias today. Should have done it weeks ago but today is the first day I have felt really ‘positive’ for quite a while.
2. Had some trees repotted yesterday. They were so out of control the roots had broken through the pots and were growing into the path. Now they look ‘happy’ and I’m happy too!
3. Just 9 days until I can remove the ‘bag’ from my head because I’m off to the hairdresser ….. please don’t let them have another ‘lockdown’ before August 12th!!!
So, it’s the first Monday in August and, despite everything, we could make this the best month of the year so far …. we just need to find the positives!
Keep well, keep positive and keep posting! As sunshine-girl says … just keep on keeping on ………
Yowser, I’m sure you can get something growing on your balcony. Things like primula, pansies, pinks, heuchera and hellibore will tolerate sun and shade and seem to manage with little more than watering and occasional feed. And they are all perennials too, so no need to keep putting in new plants.
V, lovely to see you back posting here again. I find pottering about with a few plants and some compost very grounding and calming. And you’re right, we should be able to identify three positives a day. Sometime ago I used to aid positivity, by writing down a minimum of 10 positive words a day …. words like, serenity, peace, tranquility etc. Anyway, will look forward to seeing you posting here more frequently.
My positives for today are ….
🧚♀️ A visit to the local garden centre, rewarded me with chervil and tarragon plants, plus two sweet little lewisia, one orange and the other cerise pink.
🧚♀️ OH was home early this evening.
🧚♀️ My purple rose has lots of buds for it’s 2nd flush of flowers.
🧚♀️ Laundry up to date …. that doesn’t often happen!
🧚♀️ Found frozen cranberries in stock at our local farm shop.
🧚♀️ Lovely warm sunny day, without being humid.
Do tell us about your positives, no matter how small we’d love to read about them.
Hi all. Yes three positives is perfectly do-able….!
1) we all remain healthy despite son’s travels and regular supermarket work. The most important positive of all.
2) The dog is recovering well from an operation last week. He has been with us for a year now, and will soon move on to his next stage of training. We have loved/are loving his company. A total sweetheart. As well as a good personal trainer for me!
3) I am enjoying the more traditional Dutch summer of sunshine and showers – feels so much more natural than heatwave conditions. And the garden loves it. I have high hopes for the tomatoes this year. Very little can beat the simple pleasure of watching birds feed and the garden grow. Just need to add some scent…… Any ideas Sunny for a shady small woodland/cottage garden?
Have a good week and an awesome August fellow travellers.
Good to see you joining in on the positives, caronl. Nature brings us lots of simple little pleasures. I go out in to the garden every day, to see what’s blooming, what bugs, bees and butterflies are around, etc.
Here to post my positives a little earlier than usual as waiting for OH to arrive home.
🦜 Six nemesia plants arrived today, looking forward to them getting established and flowering.
🦜 Planted up my new chervil and tarragon plants and a couple of what will hopefully be bonsai …. eventually.
🦜 Did some work on friend’s website.
🦜 The lavender is absolutely full of bees, love to listen to them buzzing.
🦜 Still managing to do a little on the rower every day.
That’s it girl now, OH is home, so time to start dieting out dinner 🙂
Good early evening!
Good to see posting caron.
Sunny looks like your ‘predictive’ is having fun tonight!
So to my three …..
1. Just felt good and happy today …. no particular reason I can think of.
2. Waiting for friends to arrive! Wow it’s so long since I said that. Drinks and nibbles ….. normality is slowly returning….
3. Priced a cruise for February 2022 to South East Asia today ….. not booked …. something to think about and definitely something to look forward to!
Hope you have all had a good day.
Hi folks! XXXX
SUNNY,I LOVE how youre so good with all things floral and planty! Really enjoy reading about what you do.
Im really going to try harder. Last summer I had two lots of annuals in lovely pots on my balcony,have forgotten their names..one looked like fuschias, one like big daisies. Oh and some little pots hanging from the railings…
Nothing so far this year as havent been to the nursery/ B n Q,Dobbies etc..but youre definitely inspiring me to try again 👍🏻Thanks for yr suggestions! Have written the flowers you suggest in my notebook to look for when i DO make it out further.
Perrenials are the way to go! Im learning already xx
Yes arent the bees wonderful,theres tons in the lavender in DDs garden,theyre so very busy,bless them!🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝
CARONL,me too,sunshine and showers more bearable than high temps. Sun and shade and a little breeze caressing you..perfect….and the showers can be refreshing.
Do you train guide dogs? Im glad your current doggys got over his op.its such a worry when theyre at the vets…
JGWEN that scheme sounds really promising,keep us posted!
* Despite there being several worrying covid hotspots in areas of my home city,quite close to where I live – and my thoughts and prayers are with those affected and their families – but I’m so thankful that my family and friends are still safe and well.
* Hairdressers tomorrow! yay! Looking forward to it and then a little drive out somewhere. So grateful now for all the nice things I may have taken for granted before all this.
* Pleased with self,have been very careful food wise the last few days and feeling better for it.
* Been drinking lots of water and again feel better for it. ( though never away from the bathroom..)
Having warm water and lemon first thing,and later Plenty of cold filtered water.
Last few days,had warm water and lemon with some honey,when my throat was a bit sore..fine now ..
Really good honey..got it in the Penny sale ..thankyou bees,and thank you Holland and Barrett 🐝💜
* Lockdown has meant Ive saved money and able to donate some cash and food to our local animal rescue. Theyre struggling so much..Lost a lot of income from their charity shop when it was closed for lockdown. Less tins of food left in the big donation boxes in the supermarkets. But still the same number of small animals to care for,and new arrivals still coming.🐶🐯
* Tomorrow will go to their charity shop to drop off a box and two bags of stuff Ive gathered having a deep declutter recently.
*i might have mentioned this before,but if so its worth a second mention! ..bought some new dinnerware and matching teaset,placemats and coasters,and wine and champagne glasses. Delighted with it all!💖 and the old crockery set is in the box for the animal charity shop,sbody else will enjoy it. Winner winner chicken dinner! Everybodys happy yayyyy! 👍🏻👍🏻
“Dont wait for everything to be perfect to be contented” ( Mary Davis)
¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸.•*•¸🌿.•*¨¨*•¸ 🐝*•.¸ ¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸.•*•¸🌿.•*¨¨*•¸ 🐝*•.¸
Ps VERANO,didnt see your positives til I posted mine
They all sound so good!!
Lovely to know youre feeling happy today..lifes opening out again isnt it a little yippppeeee!
Enjoy those drinks and nibbles with yr guests! XX😋😋😋
🤭🤣 Yep, looks like auto correct stepped in, V, but ‘dieting’ instead of ‘sorting’ kind of makes sense!!! Thanks for posting, hope you enjoy your evening with your guests.
Yowser, that is an impressive list of positives and I really like the quote. I have a couple of bags of stuff for a charity shop, but none if them around our way are open yet …. will just hang on to them until they reopen. Enjoy your hair appointment tomorrow.
Yes Yowzer I have to agree with Sunny …. a very impressive list. Hope your hair appointment was all you wished for. Just 7 days till mine! So that will be my first positive for today.
2. Had a lovely evening with our friends. It’s so very good to have some form of ‘normality’ back in my life.
3. As you say Yowzer there are some real ‘hotspots’ here so we can only be thankful that we, and families , are still well.
4. Went mad today and bought sunglasses, sun hats and beach bag in the sales online. Doubt if I’ll use them this year but I feel like I’ve made a start on a new wardrobe for next summer’s holiday ….. hopefully.
I’m going to add a number 5 today …..
5. Decided today to wear some of my ‘better’ clothes. What’s the point of saving things for ‘going out’ or ‘special occasions’ at the moment? So I’m well dressed today and that in itself is uplifting.
Have a positive evening and a good Thursday.
VERANO…I love that you bought the summery stuff! Makes me feel very hopeful for next summer,will be here in no time!
Who knows V…maybe just maybe you’ ll get to use it this year,even if only for a trip “ over the water” if things get better in the next few weeks…we can only hope! And will deffo do you for yr Asia hol next year if you go.
Glad last night went well.
I agree! Never keep anything for best..my mum drove us mad doing that. Even things like lovely slippers as presents,she wd line up on show but never wear. Kept “ for best”. She insisted on wearing a pair of green foam slippers all the time that she was given when taken into hospital. Grrrrr…
Keep using new things …its enjoyable and you tell the Universe youre ready for even more good stuff to come your way!
* loved going to the hairdressers thanks V! Im so unused to ‘ the covid ropes’ i almost forgot to put my mask on!
Being out so seldom,this new world takes some getting used to. Lovely to have a catch up with my hdresser.
* Then Beau and I had a walk up Lark Lane, a lovely place of gift shops and eating places,leading to a gorgeous park. Which Im sure VERANO will know well.Interesting to see the new way the Lane’s laid out now,to allow tables and chairs outside the restaurants,bars and cafes
Many people eating al fresco and taking advantage of the Eat Out Help Out deal.
We are too timid to do that just yet,but when suddenly the rain teemed down,we ran for shelter into the Prince Albert pub,which was almost empty. Followed their protocol re leaving phone number,and the table number we sat at( right in an empty corner) and using the hand sanitiser. All sensible precautions.Staff were lovely,chatted to them at a distance,til the rain went off and the sun came out. We were commiserating with each other about how dry and sore your hands can feel at times with endless washing and sanitising.
* Had a cappuccino! Been longing for one. I need decaff but they didnt have any,so had the full caf and it was worth it despite being jittery and headachy now. I like coffee but it doesnt like my system. It was a treat nevertheless.
*Sat in the car by the park lake watching the world go by..young families,people with dogs,joggers. Nice to be out and about and see ‘ life’ happening ..looking almost like normal.
* some online stuff I ordered came while we were out and a neighbour took it in..mainly new bedding,and a cute pinny dress with matching tights for a little girls 4 th bday. I love receiving parcels! Tho they have to go into quarantine for 72 hours. Itching to open them!
Hope everyone is having a good day today 🌞🌻🌼🌞🌻🌼🌞🌻🌼🌞🌻🌼 hugs all round xxxx
Verano and Yowser, so good to have you both posting positives again!
Verano, why not treat yourself to some new summer stuff. Like you, I like to dress nicely even on days I’m not doing much …. as you say, what’s the point is saving things and never using them.
Yowser, it sounds like you had a wonderful outing, despite a shower of rain. It is strange trying to get used to the new normal, with masks, hand sanitiser and leaving track and trace details. It will all become second nature at some point I guess.
My positives for today are …..
🌞 Two rowing sessions today, one am and one pm. Only short ones, but every little helps.
🌞 Messaging with grandson today and he’s applied for a number of college courses at last …. phew!
🌞 Set up a new veggie fermentation today, which should be ready for eating in a few days time.
🌞 Ordered a few more new plants today, hoping they won’t take too long to arrive.
That’s mine for today, what are yours?
Hi gang x
Well done on the rowing SUNNY..short blasts are good!..i do short gentle bounces on my rebounder…when ever i think of it I hop on,even just for a minute. Is supposed to help my lymphodema but havent seen any improvement with that,but is supposed to be good for overall health too
And good news re yr grandson! 👍🏻👍🏻
My pozzzzzeeessss …🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝🐝bzzzzz..
* Saw this sign outside a pub..
Sweet Caroline is BANNED! There will be no: • Touching hands • Reaching out • Touching me • Touching you”😀😀😀
* Everyone loves a bargain! Ordered two tops in Debenhams sale
* DD brought me my tea…I wish i could make as good a salad as she does…really enjoyed it
* Nearly time for my TV guilty pleasure…Married at First Sight Australia! Starting shortly..👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
* Got a Tesco delivery tomoz..even small things like this are exciting these days! And so grateful for them too
Can you believe its Friday again tomoz!? 🤔 how fast the weeks pass…
Quiet here on the positives thread today, but here are my positives –
🌼 After a drizzly start to the day, a pleasant sunny evening with clear blue skies.
🌼 This means I’ve been able to have a little potter in the garden. 😃
🌼 Lovely skype session with a friend this afternoon.
🌼 OH has been home today, makes a change for him to have a leisurely day midweek.
Four will do for me this time. Don’t leave us guessing your positives, drop by and tell us about them.
Yowzer you made me smile ….. ahhh …. sweet Caroline…. will never sound the same again!!!
Well girls I have just one real positive tonight …..
My cleaner is coming back to me next week ….. whoopee! That might sound bad to some but given my limited mobility and my OH being almost an octogenarian believe me we need the help!
Hope you all have a good Friday .
Yowser, we must have been typing at the same time 🙂. Thanks for the bit about the sign …. made me chuckle😂. I saw an amusing sign on the back of a recovery truck this morning …. Carters Car Carriers …. New York, London, Paris, Munch – but mostly Taunton. 😂🤣
I have really enjoyed reading this thread and its helping:-
🥒🥦To start BSD way of living
🧘♀️ Noted anxiety today and remembered to breathe and relax
🧼 I have bought a rechargeable automatic hand soap dispenser. Less use of plastic on our part and will encourage my 🐒🐒🐒 to keep washing hands regularly!
I’m back to the forum after a break, so a big positive for me is the support I know I’ll get here. The weather is great too, so I’m motivated to spend more time outdoors, which means walking not eating!
Welcome back to the positives thread Eclectic and Squidge, great to see you here. Now that you are back with the forum, I hope you will be sharing positives on a frequent basis.
I find looking for the positives, makes me more mindful of what’s good in my life and reading those posted by others can help one to find the positives in your own life. I know many find reading the positive posts uplifting, so taking a moment to post our own, does good twofold.
Hi Eclectic and Squidge – lovely to see you on this thread. Thanks Yowzer for Sweet Caroline! Positives –
1) just enjoyed a lovely chilled black coffee on ice in the garden. I had forgotten how much I liked ice coffee. And no carbs!
2) I love all the woods nearby – ideal for cooler walks in this heatwave. Managed to get some fresh air this morning before the temperature went up.
3) My internet treats from Edinburgh Woollen Mills have emerged from quarantine in the hall. So pleased with them – a lovely light Autumn jacket, and a very flattering top. Now that Yowzer has mentioned Debenhams (other stores….) I might have a look! Buying clothes pre BSD was usually a rather depressing experience. Good to savour that life is different now.
I agree, SunnyB – If we look for positives we can usually find something.
Take 2…… lost my post!
Anyway, good afternoon everyone and a special welcome back to EclecticRajistni and Squidge.
Since I’ve been ‘locked up’ I seem to have lost my concentration completely. Today, for the first time, I’ve actually spent several hours reading. So my first positive…..
1. Started to read ‘The Obesity Code’ again. It’s amazing how you forget the basics of the science.
2. In addition I measured my waist today! That might not sound positive, and it wasn’t, but at least I’m looking at ‘life/reality’ straight in the face!!!!!!!
3. Caron isn’t it great to get ‘parcels’? I had one today with sun hat, straw beach bag and red shrug but have to be honest I don’t ‘quarantine’ them anymore.
4. Just the thought of so many ‘normal’ things next week has lifted my mood dramatically!
If we ‘live’ but without a ‘life’ is that really fulfilling?
I know we each have to make our own choices, in line with personal circumstances, but let’s not be too ‘scared’ by the ‘science’ ….. look what happened to the ‘Low Fat’ mantra!!!!!!!
Have a good evening!
Thanks 😊 Caronl, can’t thank you all enough for such a warm welcome back
🕯I sat in the garden today with candle lit to remember those that have lost loved ones and also watched my beautiful children ❤ enjoying their water fun, with no care in the world.
🧊☕Caronl has got my pud choice sorted for later 👌
👭👫👬 SunnyB knowing that I have many BSD friends here to help on this life changing journey. Squidge welcome back we can do this again! Not alone here!
Have a lovely evening all!
I can’t tell you how wonderful it is for me, to see so many posts appearing on here today.
Caron, isn’t great to be able to buy clothes in smaller sizes? It took me a good long while, before I got used to being able to buy more fitted clothes again. Enjoy your new purchases.
V, hope you will be using your summer purchases this year. I agree with you, about life and living. The time is coming, when we need to begin having a real life again.
Eclectic, two positive posts in one day … excellent! Like the candle idea, taking those few mindful minutes to reflect … I do something similar daily, lighting incense and sitting quietly in thought.
Time to post my positives for the day ……
🍒 Treated the roses agained aphids using neem oil and fed the ericaecious plants.
🍒 Arranged for youngest grand daughter to visit us with her mum next week.
🍒 Saw two other grandchildren this evening, with son and his partner.
🍒 Date night deferred until tomorrow, but meal all planned and some of the prep already done.
🍒 OH has promised to hang my new trough planter on the wall for me tomorrow.
🍒 As a consequence, looking forward to some gardening tomorrow.
If you have a positive, please tell us about it.
Thanks for the welcome back, Caronl – I missed seeing it yesterday. And thanks, Verona and Eclectic.
I’m glad you’ve got some concentration back and can read again, Verona.
My positive – it’s now 3 days in a row I’ve managed to ‘fast’ until midday (from about 8 the evening before). I say ‘managed’ but that makes it seem more of a struggle than it really is. It’s 12.38 and I’ve not eaten yet (will any minute!) and I’m hungry, but not starving. Think I’ll be able to stick with this until I’ve shifted the weight, and not feel too deprived.
Well done Squidge. I think one advantage of a heatwave is that it dulls the appetite – at least in my case.
Positives so far today:
1) Tidied the rest of my chest of drawers. Rediscovered some tops I like. And some size 20 T-shirts that went straight into the charity pile! Now no need for a Debenhams order. So purse benefits too!
2) Just enjoyed a delicious lunch of salmon with cold roasted ratatouille. It may sound odd, but it was delicious.
3) Found the fan in the cellar so that is now working. A carafe of tap water with lemon and fresh mint is chilling in the fridge. Bring it on!
Have a good weekend everyone.
The mint and lemon water sounds nice – will give that a go.
Yes mint and lemon does sound good. I do lemon but never both.
I agree Sunny it’s great to have so many positive vibes on this thread again.
So to my positives…..
1. Had a shake, macadamia and vanilla, for lunch today with ice and strawberries. Second day in a row and it certainly fills me. It’s a shake made from ‘natural’ ingredients but then ….
2. Carrying on with Jason Fung and realising, for the first time the importance of ‘insulin’ the whey powder in my shake causes an insulin spike !!!!!!
Maybe a little knowledge really is a dangerous thing! Anyway, this is still a positive because I’m now 80% if the way through ‘The Obesity Code’ and am learning so much.
3. Tonight I’m making pan fried salmon and stir fried vegetables. I’ve found some great Chinese sauces which only have 12 to 14 g of carbs per 100g and given that I only use a teaspoon or so between the two of us I’m feeling very happy …… lots of flavour for very few carbs.
It’s very interesting to see the ‘themes’ of the posts here ….. mine are mainly food, weight and travel (or lack of at the moment) based, whilst Sunny your are very much ‘nature’ based, and Yowzer always leaves us with a wonderful ‘saying’. What are your themes?
Enjoy the rest of today and have a good Sunday.
Hi I’m back too. It’s getting lively on this thread and weekly one, lots of love and empathy.
1 Realising I don’t do this WOE well on my own. And I don’t have to.
2. My first foray into staying away from home in July went well. Anxiety levels dropped when we knew we could visit family safely.
3. The local swimming pool will reopen in September! Exercise classes start this week.
My positives today are:
1. It is so much cooler now. Much more comfortable.
2. The 3 halls I hire are allowing me to hire them again from September. I am so happy.
3. Another positive is that class members want to come back. Such good news.
🏏 listened to the cricket today, thrilling win for England vs Pakistan. Split loyalty for me but the sound of the games bought me right back to childhood memories. Looking forward to attending a match soon.
📝 Writing up my BSD choices of restaurants for a few days in Central London. Hubby has agreed to take children out for brekkie so I don’t get tempted. I normally skip it so blissful start in the hotel for me.
📺 watched MM on channel 4 uk. Normally weight programmes are triggering but I actually enjoyed it and reaffirms my decision to be on the BSD journey
I hope all have had some positives today. Sweet dreams 😴 from UK
I got up early today and managed to get some work done before it’s too hot to concentrate properly, so that was good. I quite like the heat, but it doesn’t help me think! We’ll be going for a long walk later, but will go slowly and take water with us.
Eclectic, it’s good to avoid temptation when we can, so it’s great your husband is helping with that.
Wonderful to see so many contributing positives. Apologies for my absence yesterday, the day got away from me. Anyway, here are some positives for today …
💗 OH put up my new trough planter and it’s now all planted up. The fuschia looks so much better in it’s new home.
💗 Now have definite dates for my parents to visit.
💗 Started sorting out spare bedrooms ready for our visitors at the end of the coming week.
💗 Major tidy of the airing cupboard, thinned out clutter and refolded everything.
💗 Long phone chat with friend.
💗 Lovely date night last evening and the weather was so pleasant, we ate dessert outside.
💗 The dessert I made this week was a basil panna cotta, served with poached rhubarb …. was delicious!
Hope you have all had a lovely positive weekend. We love to hear about what positives have come your way.
Sorry I didn’t post yesterday just got carried away reading a new book.
Krysia you must be relieved that you ‘old life’ is almost up and running again.
Sounds like a very productive day Sunny mine was too but in an entirely different way ………
1. Finished The Obesity Code and must admit I found it fascinating reading. I wasn’t that fond of Jason Fung but I must admit I’ve changed my mind. I am even seeing ‘fasting’ in a different light.
2. I’ve made the decision to just take Jason Fung ‘s ideas on board for the moment. I think one of my problems is that I read everything still looking for that ‘magic bullet’ when I already have it in the palm of my hand! So for the moment I’m just going to keep on keeping on …….
3. Found a couple of nice Jamie chicken recipes in the Mail yesterday. Roast harissa chicken and mushroom and chicken cacciatore, which I’m making tonight. Must admit I will recalculate the carbs/cals because I’m sure the carbs are too low at 11 per portion.
Well hope everyone is well. Have a good week.
SunnyB, I think we have a positive in common. We took advantage of the warm weather and sat out in the garden until late last night. It was good to just relax without the TV or computer on, and we talked and made plans for the future. That’s made me feel more positive about several things.
Despite it being hot, I’ve kept up a good average of steps walked per day. Not gone fast, and I’ve stopped for rests but that’s just being sensible, not lazy.
I’ve lost 3 lbs this week. The main change I’ve made is to fast until midday, and I think I’ll be able to stick to that long enough to lose all the excess.
Thanks to JGwen I now have a better understanding of ketosis and the role insulin plays in weight gain/loss and that should help me keep the weight off.
Hello everyone.Have only posted on here once or twice but once I started thinking ‘positive thoughts’ more seemed to come to mind🙂
1.Spent Saturday sorting my Mum and Dads garage and shed with my sister and our husbands. both now lovely and neat(the garage and shed,not our husbands! ) we filled a skip with old things which won’t be needed.Also started tidying the gardens.It was an emotional day as my Dad is now in a care home and there were many years of memories (I couldn’t throw away the pot of plant markers with his writing on).My mum as so grateful and couldn’t believe how much we had got done.
2.My mil and fil came round for cup of tea yesterday.It was lovely to see them both as I hadn’t seen them for a few weeks.My husband sees them more frequently as he sometimes calls when he’s out on a bike ride.
3.My mil gave me a lovely sewing machine years ago which I have never used.I am a complete beginner and have only ever made tablecloths or the odd cushion cover (she makes amazing quilts)but would like to do more eventually.I asked if she would set it up for me before she left and I spent a bit of time taking up some voile panels and have hung them in the bedroom and also made a cushion cover for one of our garden chairs.will definitely start trying to use the machine more.
4.Have got a couple of bargains recently….saw a TIffany style ceiling light I have liked for ages on gumtree for a fraction of what it would cost new.when calling to pick it up the lovely seller threw in another one in a different style for free!Also got an oak coffee table from another seller at bargain price.
5.My mum and I have an appointment to visit my dad tomorrow.I feel a bit more prepared this time.I was shocked last time at how much worse his dementia was as we hadn’t seen him for months but now that initial visit is over with I am looking forward to seeing him,even though he may be unresponsive again.The hardest part for us is not being able to hold his hand or cuddle him.
5.Going for Tesco click and collect this morning for my Mum and then I will have some time to spend doing a food plan for the week as if I’m organised I find it much easier.I think I’m going to follow Lily and not get weighed until 7th Sept.
I hope everyone has a good day.Dawn
Verano, I think you’re right about looking for the ‘magic bullet’ when we already have it. Our bodies are complex, so it makes sense that what we need to do to keep them healthy might be a little more complex than ‘eat less, move more’ even though a lot of people quote that as though it answers everything.
V, that magic bullet is one many of us have sought at various times. Like you say, with the BSD we have something which is as close as we’re going to get I think.
Squidge, glad you had a lovely evening sitting outside. The date night OH and I have each week, is an chance to communicate without TV or other screens intruding.
Dawn, you’re very welcome to post here whenever you like. Glad you got so much done over the weekend. Can well imagine the emotions involved in sorting out your parents shed, garage and garden. Sounds like you have been having lots of good family time.
Positives from my little corner are …..
🎠 Good BSD day. Wanted to reign myself in and did a 22hr o/night fast, so one meal today and feeling good.
🎠 Got several loads of laundry done today.
🎠 Only a little potter in the garden today, but still lovely to get out there and do a little maintenance.
🎠 Noticed that my oleander has almost doubled in size over this summer. Very pleasing, as it has been slow to get established.
That will do for me today. Hope you have had a positive day, whatever you have been doing. Why not share one or two poditives with us?
Good evening everyone,wow so much newsiness! Thanks all for sharing x!
Life feels its getting back to normal a little when i read about parents coming to visit,in-laws popping in,stays away from home! Cheers me right up! 💜
* 21 days left in Aug..so Im starting 21 day 800 cal BSD tomoz! Yipppeee! Hehe,got a few last squares of choccy for tonight😋🙂🙃
* plenty of green veg,protein and good fats in the fridge,a full freezer,new filter in my filter jug for lots of drinking of water….very thankful for this abundance
* today was one of those days..you know when everything just goes smoothly?
Not only that,but DD says today was same for her! days like this one..just fab🎉🎉
Sending love to all 🌷
I enjoy the long light evenings…but the nights are starting to draw in a little now… I take comfort from this …
~ “Silently one by one, in the infinite meadows of heaven,blossomed the lovely stars, the forget-me-nots of the angels”~
( Henry Wadsworth Longfellow)
¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸.•*•¸🌿.•*¨¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸.•*•¸🌿.•*¨¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨ ¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸
Basil panna cotta sounds delicious – what do you use Sunny as a sugar substitute or what do you add in lieu?
I use a small amount if maple syrup …. 25g is enough for two portions. 100g Maple syrup is 260 cals/67g carbs, so 25g = 16.8g carbs. Obviously you have to add in the carbs from the milk and cream too, so it is really a dish for maintenance, rather than when the weight loss phase.
Sorry, didn’t see your post (keeps happening, wonder if I’ve got a different time setting or something?) I wasn’t ignoring you!
I agree that planning is a good idea. When I stopped doing that I regained some of the weight I’d lost, as if I hadn’t decided what to eat and got the ingredients to hand, it was too tempting to nip out and get a pizza! When I do know what we’re having, and do have what’s needed it’s no problem to eat that.
I’m not one of life’s natural planners, but as well as my eating habits, I think that’s something which needs to change permanently.
Sunny B, I suppose our evening was sort of a date! I’ve been pottering in the garden too. Still nice to be out there, even though it’s too hot to do much work.
Yowzer, I’m glad you had a good day.
21 days left in August, eh? As MM is doing his 21 day TV plan it seems like ‘a sign’ I should put in the extra effort. I have 1 stone 3 lbs to lose, and we’re planning to go away the 2nd week in September. There’s a chance I could be at my target weight by then!
Six Turkeys, I liked the sound of that too. I’d better resist though – something too look forward to when I’m back in maintenance.
* My positives – extra motivation from what I just typed!
* Despite the heat I’ve been sleeping OK.
* Despite the heat, I’ve been walking a decent distance every day. Once it cools I’ll do more exercise, but for me it isn’t sensible to start that in the heat.
* Although lockdown has meant a lifestyle change for me and my husband, we’re coping and adapting.
Hi Squidge,please don’t worry about not seeing my post,it actually completely disappeared once I pressed submit and I didn’t realise it was back until sunnyB mentioned it(thanks sunny).yes I definitely find planning helps (probably a throwback to my WW & SW days).some positives for today
1.Pleased you mentioned 21 days until end of August as it’s really given me incentive to stick in and try to get as much of a stone off as I can manage by then🙂
2.weather forecast for today now much better than has been predicted over last few days!
3.Ive sorted freezer,fridge and pantry so now know exactly what’s in them and there’s no ‘rubbish’ left.
Hope everyone has a good day.Dawn
Gosh, just realised how long it has been since I posted positives…… I do think about this thread almost every day when something positive happens, I have just been a bit rubbish at posting, so here’s a few…..
– My hubby bought me a new necklace, it is silver and yellow gold daffodils. It is very much a token to remind me of my journey through the past few months as when i set out on this i walked a lot just as the daffys were coming out and it has been an image of peace, hope, progress, new beginnings which has really meant something to me. I’m really not a jewellery wearer but i am wearing this every day to remind myself of how far I’ve come and how i need to remember to be kind to myself.
– I’m managing to run once a week and knocked a whopping 30 seconds of my 5k PB. I’m no runner, but finding being lighter makes it more doable and it is another indicator of what can be achieved when my mindset is in the right place.
– We have treated our self to some new garden furniture with hubby’s redundancy pay (seeing as he has a new job) and we had lunch outside in the new garden on the new furniture on Saturday. It was lovely and I think dad really appreciated it. All low carb food for me, although perhaps a little too much of it – including cup cakes made with no sugar and coconut flour.
– I seem to have found a wee step forward with a much appreciated 2lb discard last week – i have to work very hard for it but its doable. 2.5lbs from goal and seeing a new stone number on the scales!