Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI VERANO,SUNNYB and all dear friends
    I too coming up to 4 th BSD anniv next month..pity tho i havent done as well in the latter two and a half years as i did in the first eighteen months
    I bow to all you guys who have done so much better,by keeping it off..thats so much trickier!
    Not making excuses really,but I do think after a massive weight loss, and then finding that I had lymphodema AND lipodema in my legs,so they wd never slim down,I got a little disheartened …And slowly gained some back again,tho thank goodness,not the whole lot!
    However looking on the bright side as we always do on this thread,every day is a fresh opportunity to do better! YAyyyyyyy!
    Im embracing the thought..
    “ if youdont start today then what makes you think you will start tomorrow?“
    Good Queation!
    I have very good days and worse days …..but KOKO!
    VERANO I admire you being able to do without bread..I find that difficult tho no probs resisting spuds,pasta,rice,.
    But even tho ive read Wheat Belly and I know how my aches worsen when i eat grains,and how much i bloat,they still call out to me!😄😄😋😋 Xx
    SUNNY loved reading about yr outdoor painting project. Well done with the tricky bits! Dark teal sounds so smart.Xx
    * Highlight of my day..sitting in DDS garden for first time in many weeks ..keeping distance of course,having cuppa and chatting to DD and SIL,lovely garden lovely sunny day..darling pusscat sitting by me.
    Went in by sidegate so as not to go thru house..stayed as long as I could til i had to go home to pee! Luckily live so close by so I could get home quickly
    * HAd a supermarket delivery tonight..the delivery guy was quite elderly,. He told me he had just delivered to a block of flats where lift not working..had to carry heavy shopping including bottles of water up to the 4 th floor. Bless him,he was very cheery about it,not complaining at all.
    * I thanked him for being a key worker,where wd we be without them. So grateful to them.👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
    Take care everybody XX

~ “ All for light. All for life. All for the love of all. ~ “( Matt Khan)

¸¸ 🐝*•.¸🌼¸¸.•*¨🦋¨*•.¸¸💞¸.•*•¸🌿.•*¨¨*•¸ 🐝*•.¸

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi everyone after moving interstate, isolation for 2 weeks and settling in ..I’m back a bit heavier than I wanted to be but that’s life.
    I’ve been on the weekly thread since Sunday. Weighed in at 63kilos and today my positives start….
    I’m down to 62.6 so I’ve discarded yay.
    The sun is shining .
    The parrots and doves are taking it in turns at feeding from the feeder 🐦 they are beautiful.
    Things are getting back to normal with places opening 😊
    Have a great day/ night beautiful people 😊🖐️

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Positives for today:
    1/Did a good Abs workout at the gym
    2/Managed to stay on plan last night, no snacking just fizzy water
    3/No changes to the scales .. BUT.. if I’m not mistaken my gym shirt was looser round my belly, my legs looked slimmer in my leggings and I can see some muscle definition in my arms and shoulders… so I’m taking that as an NSV, keeping postive and pushing on!
    4/Happy ‘hump’ day everyone! Rolling our way down hill all the way to the weekend.. next week I hope to be ‘rolling’ no more .. maybe ⛷ or 🏄🏻‍♀️.. Let’s make the second half of this work week really count!! Tchau for now! GreenGal 🥦

• posted by Verano
    on

Ahhh ….. ‘ if you don’t start today what makes you think you will start tomorrow ? ‘ …. Yowzer what a great quote …. so I made a start today!
    I went through yet another upward glass ceiling this morning so Yowzer’s quote came at just the right time for me.
    No more sunshine so no more “covid comforts‘“ in the form of very well chilled Chardonnay to accompany al fresco lunch!
    I think my history has been much like yours Yowzer and now I really to have to put the brakes of the train on before it runs away with me completely!
    Sunny I think we are quite a small band of ‘four yearlings’ but I still find being accountable very motivating and your positives keep me going especially when times get a bit glum.
    In fact I love this thread and everyone’s positives and even I have a few positives myself today……
    …..Weather may not be sunny but I’m enjoying the freshness of the rain.
    ……Have booked a home pedicure for the end of the week. Even though I’m ‘shielding’ it’s time to don masks and gloves, arm myself with hand sanitiser and bite the bullet. Time has now arrived to use my own discretion. Unfortunately, I don’t have a mobile hairdresser so will have to just keep using the root ‘magic’!
    …..I know we still have a long way to go but, for the first time in months, I do feel a little bit optimistic.
    Thank you for all your positives………

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Excellent quite as usual Yowser, good to have you posting again.
    Waitaminute, well done on the loss … it all counts.
    Greengal, that sounds like an NSV to me.
    V, so good to see you here again too, sounding upbeat and determined to take control again.

My positives for today are …..
    1 Although rain put pay to my fence painting, the garden is grateful for it and hopefully it will fill the water butt again.
    2 No plant watering needed this evening.
    3 Finally got round to making stretch bead bracelets for my grand daughter and her step sister.
    4 Nice chat with neighbour over the fence … before the rain started.
    5 Opened my two latest fermentations … both successful, but one concoction tastes better than the other. Will eat them both though.
    6 Lovely video chat with youngest grand daughter- so nice to catch up face to face.

Please take a moment to tell us about your positives, we love reading about what’s been keeping your spirits high.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi All! I’ve been away from the forums for many months, but couldn’t let your anniversary date go by V., without acknowledging it!
    Very proud of you for keeping the diabetes under control. Good work, my dear 🙂 It’s reassuring to know that you’re still here.
    My anniversary date just passed too, 4 years since I began this lifestyle. I’m still doing my maintenance thing, and managed not
    to add anything but a few lbs on the scale. It’s the chardonnay, too, V.! The most significant positive I have to report is that my
    husband suffered another heart attack several months ago, and now is back to full time teaching again. Some terrifying days
    followed, which I survived with the support of BSD friends with whom I skype regularly. Other positives would be a new
    hobby that I’m obsessed with….Jewelry making! Sunny tells me I have accumulated enough beads to open a store! CaronL,
    are you still out and about? Best wishes to the old gang, and greetings to all the new faces here. 🙂

Allie

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Allie!
    How lovely to see you posting. I have really missed your posts, humour, and sound advice. So sorry to hear that your husband has been so ill, and also relieved to hear that he has weathered the storm.

I am still here – mainly in the wings rather than on stage. Congratulations on your 4 year anniversary. You are a shining light for the rest of us!

• posted by Britta
    on

I love the 4 year anniversaries! Weight loss is impressive, but sticking with it for years is really impressive – thanks for sharing that!
    My main positive today was meeting a friend in the park. A glimpse of normality in these surreal times, and it made me feel really energised. Another thing that is a tentative positive is that almost 6 weeks through BSD I am beginning to suspect that the no sugar regime is beginning to have a positive effect on my usually dreadful PMT symptoms. I wonder if any of you ‘old timers’ have any experience of that type of effect? Final positive for today is that having lost 10kg I am beginning to let go of my initial fear of Covid-19!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Allie, lovely to see you posting here again. You have been missed 😁, but I know other things are keeping you busy and occupied these days. Would be wonderful to see you here occasionally though, anytime time permits.

Positives today from my little corner are …..
    1 Posted bracelets to grand daughter and her step sister.
    2 Visit to supermarket was super easy, with absolutely no queuing.
    3 OH serviced the Aga and it seems to be burning well and coming to temperature.
    4 Some of the prep for tomorrow night’s dinner has been done.
    5 Set up another batch of rhubarb to ferment … with ginger and lemongrass this time.
    6 Lovely salad for dinner this evening, with cheese, a little ham and a couple of big dollops if fermented veg.

Hope whatever your day has brought your way, it’s included some positives too.

• posted by Verano
    on

Allie! Hi! Wonderful to hear from you. So sorry to hear about your husband but pleased to hear he is recovered and back in the saddle again!
    Four years …… aren’t we all doing well ! …. it really is long enough for this WOE to become our WOL. Good to hear you are maintaining so well. Try an ‘pop in’ now and again with an update please, but in the meantime take care of yourselves.
    Well, just one positive for me yesterday……
    I ‘chose’ to have two pieces of seeded bread last night. I’ve not eaten bread in an age but you can’t have kippers and tomatoes without brown bread and butter! I so enjoyed my meal. You know that this is a WOL when you no longer ‘crave’ foods but rather ‘choose’ to eat them.
    Sorry Britta I can’t help you because I’d passed that stage when I started eating this way but I do have vague memories of others reporting improvements too.
    Good to ‘see’ you Caron and hope all is well with you and yours.
    Hope Friday is positive for everyone…….

• posted by ADD6605
    on

I’ve always like reading this thread so it’s nice to contribute for first time 🙂
    1.Managed to stick to just under 800 cals and around 50g carbs on my 1st day.
    2.Had best sleep I’ve had in a while.
    3.Have managed 13 hour TRE so far.Ive woken with a migraine (had one for first few days
    last time I did Fast800 so not unexpected) so will have breakfast soon to see if that helps.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    Dawn

• posted by JGwen
    on

Allie,

Good to see you back on the forum again, Its made my day.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Oh yes, 4 year anniversaries. It is mine on the 28th June. Instead of positives I would like to think of things I am grateful for this ‘diet’ for.
    Giving me such great Blood Glucose numbers so my doctor said, even with T2 I am not in the vulnerable section of society from Covid.
    Keeping my weight in check even when I have little slip ups.
    Possibly saving me from all sorts of other illnesses I would now be facing if I had not embraced this way of eating
    Giving me back control of my life
    Also, great to see all you long timers, Verano, SunnyB, alliecat, Caronl, Yowzer and Greengal (although we had another gg at some point.). Hope I havent missed any of you out.

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Verano, Allie, sunshine-girl, Sunny-B, Yowzer – four years of working hard continuously to achieve your own goals but also being self-less enough to share your journey and inspire others to make the changes for the better! That’s amazing!! So to you all and Wendleg & JGwen of course..
    1/No.1 positive for today is being grateful to be part of a community who are dedicated to helping others to live their best life! Thanks to you all mentioned for your efforts over the years!
    2/No change on the scale but 2 x people asked had I lost weight 😃 NSV no.1
    3/I tried on my dresses that are too tight and took pictures to compare for when I reach my goal of comfortably slipping into them.. they were both a little looser so NSV no.2
    4/ Did a weights workout – weights feeling more manageable – I’m building muscle.
    5/4 x nights no booze 🍷- I am a champ
    6/ TGIF Its Friday and I have the afternoon off YES!!
    Happy Weekend People!!!!!! GreenGal 🥦

• posted by Verano
    on

Sunshine-girl, s-g, I love your idea of having outcomes to celebrate. We so often look at our ‘failures’ rather than our ‘achievements’. Hope you are all well.
    Yes it might seem strange to some that we ‘Musketeers’ are still around after four years but for me, for one, I like to have a place to come to to reaffirm my WOL and find help, when needed.
    GreenGal I think you hit the nail on the head …. we are all individuals with are own goals, , we all have different reasons/ goals for following this life ….. best of luck with your journey and don’t be put off by others progress or lack of.
    Well ….. I just have one major positive today ……
    My toe nails look wonderful!!! I had my first pedicure in months today and I can’t stop looking at my feet! Ok, sad I know but I’m so happy!!!!!!
    Have a positive weekend……

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Sunday positives!
    1/workout complete .. body weight workout and I ran up and down the stairs 20 x which is a huge improvement over 6 which is where I started.
    2/really cut down on my alcohol intake. I set myself the goal of one bottle per week and so far managed to stick to it. A huge improvement for me!
    3/I have refused soo many sweet treats this week, beautiful cakes, biscuits, ice-creams and a g&t made by a friend that she bought round to my place as a little pick me up after a tough week. It was made with full sugar tonic, after she left and after thanking her profusely.. I poured it down the sink.
    4/Ate a small amount of cashews yesterday and they tasted sweet and I was satisfied..
    No.2 & 3 for me are real positives, I am still nervous about failing and falling off the wagon .. it is a worry that is always with me .. especially if I my weight loss is slower than I would like … But these positives are helping me to see that I am making real changes and I am starting to get my thinking, eating and drinking under control .. I am starting to conquer the mountain that is myself and I am starting to feel a little bit good and draw a little bit of self-worth from those choices even if there is nothing showing on the scales right now! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone .. It maybe the weekend but let’s make today count! GreenGal 🥦

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Sorry, been quiet on this thread. I keep thinking of positives through the day, then failing to remember them and note them here. Have loved reading everyone’s positive thoughts though.
    Sunday positives here….
    – I’ve consolidated my weight loss, I’m looking at it as consolidation not a stall as I know I’ve not been on track enough for discard, this is a big step
    – size 12 jeans still going on and are comfy. New bras in smaller size are becoming the norm and comfy. Massive achievement.
    – good riding boots are roomy. Might need to treat myself to new ones sometime – birthday pressie in august maybe.
    – we’ve made good progress clearing the jungle that is our garden. Getting to planning what to do with the space. Exciting.
    – rain has bounced the world in to lush green – not ideal for horses or garden clearing but birds are happy, farmers will be happy, the ground needs it.
    – I’ve sorted my head out a bit. Excited for this week coming. Determined to be positive and enjoy it.
    – noticing money saving during lockdown. Unexpected benefit. Will need to be saving though as economy and jobs hang in the balance.

Thanks for being here and being positive.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

GreenGal – huge well done on getting a handle on your alcohol intake and resisting all those carby temptations too. Your motivation fairly fizzes off the ‘page’!
    Julz – that sounds like consolidation to me, excellent! Those roomy riding boots are definitely a NSV 😁

I too have been tardy about posting positives, somehow the last couple of days have somehow gotten away with from me. Anyway, here are a few now …..
    1 Friday, visit to neighbours for a socially distanced cup of tea …. no cake for me.
    2 Yesterday, similar visit to son and family.
    3 As the Aga was being temperamental, our special dinner was deferred to last night …. very good it was too 😃 and even though the Aga was not too cooperative, the smoked salmon souffle worked fine.
    4 OH has finally managed to persuade the Aga to behave today and it’s now seems to be running as it should.
    5 Daughter and grandson are going to visit the next time we have a warm sunny day, when we can sit out in the garden and chat.
    6 Deadheaded the roses and gave them a neem drench today. They are all sporting really lovely blooms.
    7 Garden is looking good and as it’s in a holding pattern, I’m going to give our neighbour a hand with theirs this week.
    8 Made some elderflower flavoured vodka and a flavoured a small jar of honey similarly too.
    9 Phone chat with old friend …. good to catch up on news.
    10 OH coloured my hair for me … good job done, even given I’m not too keen on the colour I selected. 😏

Please remember, we love to read about the positives others are experiencing, so do please come and share yours when time permits.

• posted by Britta
    on

Elderflower Vodka! That’s the best idea I’ve heard in ages SunnyB. I decided for obvious reasons not to make elderflower cordial, so elderflowers are just sitting there.
    It’s pretty rubbish weather so we have put the wood burner on which seems to calm us down and everyone seems to be happy with their jigsaw puzzles, sewing and playstation, which leaves me time to go apply some varnish to my toenails for the first time in months (inspired by Verano’s happy nails experience!).
    Th house smells of Keto pulled pork cooking in the slowcooker. I cannot recommend that enough. I don’t like the sugary stuff you normally get but this one is sugar free and one of the best recipe I’ve found while on bsd. In short it feels like Sundays should feel.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Britta, I make a pork curry in the slow cooker which is divine…. slow cooked pork is delish!

Positives from my little corner of the UK …
    ⚘ Pleasantly warm day, ideal for pottering in the garden …. nothing strenuous, just a little light tidying.
    ⚘ Aga is at last running properly again, so I can have my roasted cauli for dinner this evening.
    ⚘ Two batches of laundry done.
    ⚘ Fresh sheets on the bed.
    Hope there were some positives in your day and you’ll share them with us later.

• posted by Britta
    on

Slow cooked pork curry is going straight on the menu for next week, Sunny! I didn’t use to eat pork very much apart from the odd Sunday roast, but since the pulled pork…
    I’m really excited! I am baking a chocolate cake for my friend who is giving birth to twins any day now. And I have no desire to eat it! It’s not like I think it looks/smells off putting as such, but I’m sort of indifferent to it. And the best thing about it all: tomorrow is first day of totm. This has never happened before. I love it!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Huge well done on not being tempted by the cake Britta. Realisation that your tastes are changing is a real break through.
    Positives from me for today …
    🦋 Quick trip to the supermarket and only had to queue at the check out.
    🦋 Made and froze a batch of cheese souffles
    🦋 Put together a new veg ferment, spring greens, carrot, spring onion, chilli, ginger and garlic.
    🦋 Fed the container plants this evening and zapped a few sneaky weeds.
    🦋 Was notified that the refund for my parents cancelled flights has been action at long last.

What was your positive for today?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I guess people are finding it a bit difficult to pin down positives right now, but hopefully it isn’t all doom and gloom though. When each day is much the same as the last, it is more challenging to spot the positives, but I’m determined to find some each day ….. so here goes ….
    🦄 Another batch of souffles made, so the freezer is well stocked with those for now.
    🦄 As the weather was forecast to change, I picked a posy of fragrant roses for my side table in the living room.
    🦄 The rain has arrived, so no need to water the garden this evening.
    🦄 Good phone chat with Mum this afternoon.
    🦄 Made a bracelet with some beads I ordered by mistake and I’m really pleased with it 😁

If you have identified a positive in your life today, please take a moment to share it with us.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

I’ve been a little lax on the positive front SunnyB but actually, i go through the day and as i see, here or do something, I think to myself “oh thats a proper positive”, I ahve a little smile to myself and think about remembering to post about it….then promptly forget!
    So my first positive is – having a little smile every day when i think of a positive! I’ll try to remember some…..
    – my size 12 jeans are now proper comfy, as are my new bras which are a size down!
    – my hubby rocks, he is very chuffed for me and likes my new waist!
    – we have had a good dousing of rain – its needed, and it will save me remembering to water out new broccoli plants a friend gave us – i have no clue how to care for a green shoot with a leaf which is apparently broccoli!
    – a different friend is bringing me tomato plants…… apparently they can live outside too….. this is a whole new world for me. The will all start off by our front door next to our rosemary plant which we have in memory of my mum who was Rosemary, a wee sprig goes into dinner whenever we have a ‘family’ meal.
    – we have just about cleared the jungle (garden) and we have a plan for a patio, BBQ and grass area. And we have found a willing chap with a mini-digger to come and level those areas. Maybe by autumn we will have a functional garden space!
    – I spent yesterday in the office. I’m going in once a week to prep for the return of office folk, so looking at sanitiser stations, signage, floor markings and such….. actually cant believe this has become part of my professional life but there we go. The change of scene was refreshing and the chance to talk to a good few people face to face was nice. And i poop in a little 23hr fast while im at it!
    – Work is busy, this is good in itself, but also stressful. Last week, this week and next week and probably the one after are packed and fairly difficult, but I’m getting through it!
    – all fit and well and keeping on. Corona stats going the right way so maybe just maybe this craziness will settle….. the world is nuts!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Julz, good to see you posting positives again. Size 12 jeans fitting and an OH providing support are brilliant positives.

Mine for today are …
    🦚 Made some microwave keto carrot cakes, ready for dessert tomorrow evening and they worked much better that I’d hoped.
    🦚 Sorted through all jumpers, long sleeve tops and leggings, turfing some out for passing on and tidying that shelf in the wardrobe.
    🦚 Heard that our neighbour in Turkey, is now able to sit unsupported to eat and take a few steps with a walker.
    🦚 Although the rain is frustrating any gardening, I’m sure the plants are appreciating it.

That’s me for today … hope you have found some positives during your Thursday and that you’ll share them with us.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Well Friday has been ok.
    Sunny, OH has been top to be fair, its the first time he’s really tried to understand and actively help, possibly cos he’s been locked in a house with me but still!
    I’m intrigued by your keto carrot cake – you might need to share that one with us!! Good news on the neighbour in Turkey! Nice to hear!
    Positives:
    – Little morning out this morning watching works new machine working, successful acceptance test and a real boost.
    – the dude at the company who have built said machine is an absolute delight – i could sit and look at him all day! Its nice the world has such beautiful people in it!
    – I have a pair of trousers in the cupboard (as I’m sure we all do) I wore them when i was a student so maybe 1999 onwards, they havent been worn in years and years but as i liked them i kept them. They say size 14 but its a very small 14 – i dont think the zipper ever went right up, tho the style kinda allowed for that….anyway – just just put them on and they look good and do up!! So plum coloured boot cut trousers might just need to get an outing some day!! So retro!
    – Just walked 7km despite the fact the forecast says pouring rain all evening. It was mildly moist but didnt get soaked!
    – its raining, we need rain – annoyingly looks to be a bit of a grey weekend, and the warm wet will be encouraging all the weeds to grow in the bit of garden we just cleared….but good for farmers and plants!
    – survived tesco and have a simple dinner planned for tomorrow night with OH and Dad. Maccy cheese for them and cheesey veg bake for me! Making them a chocolate ginger cheesecake – I’ve suddenly found peace with baking for them, enjoying watching the enjoy it and not feel hard done to! strange. I will plan a wee cream based thing for myself, but all on plan!

Here’s to a positive weekend!

• posted by Verano
    on

Just popping in to say ‘Hello’. Good to see this thread is still ‘thriving’ so just want to say a big ‘thank you’ to the few stalwarts who keep posting!
    As for me, just plodding along but must admit my patience is wearing a little thin now. The ‘rules’, not ‘orders’, just ‘advice’, seem to be more and more ad hoc. Seems to me like ‘throwing a bone to the dog’ when it get fractious! Anyway, despite a really frustrating week I’ve come here because I’m forced to think of the positives in my life……..
    1. Tonight I have a corn fed chicken, that came out very close to the top of a recent survey, roasting in the oven. I just hope it lives up to the hype!
    2. We seem to be eating more meat now which I think of as comfort food. I’m determined that this week that we will get back to our ‘usual’ food which is far more reliant on fish and chicken. Funny how tastes/needs change in trying times.
    3. Tried frozen cauliflower last week ….. mmmmm …. not for me, but fresh cauliflowers seem to have become so very small! Anyway will persevere with the fresh whilst they’re available.
    Sorry, all my positives are food related but then my only activity, of note, is cooking … oh! and jigsaws!
    Anyway, have a good weekend, and week, will pop in again. Take care.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi V and everybody.X
    V you took the words from my mouth,I think we get thrown bones to cover ineptness,errors,excuses,etc etc from those in charge.
    And why can they never own up to their mistakes and misdemeanours and take appropriate punishment ,I think they wd get more respect if they did..As it is they are Teflon,nothing sticks!sorry if we not supposed to be political
    We do understand theyre only human and are dealing with very difficult times,its not easy
    But…Its all very tedious !
    Hey Ho,Having said that,we always lookon the bright side here,soooooo…….
    * lovely to be here and read everybodys pozzys!
    * am very happy about the Support Bubble as will be able to see my Beau tomorrow for first time since 21 March!
    * extremely happy too,for the grandmas and grandads who are now hugging their grandchildren for the first time in 12 weeks
    * supermarket deliveries are becoming easier to access! ( V,my happy thoughts are never far from food either!)
    * have joined BFI films and have enjoyed watching 20 films during my two weeks free trial,and now can continue watching for the princely sum of 4.99 a month!
    * on my balcony and looking out at so many gardens across the way..some beautiful yellow and pink blooms..and lots of colourful little birds hopping around

Love to all! Take care xxxxxx
    💜🌈💜🌈💜 ~ Every day is a new beginning,so take a deep breath and start again ~ 💜 🌈💜🌈💜

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, wonderful to see you back … you too Yowser! Think food positives are up there for many of us … I know they are for me. Hope you enjoyed your chicken V. I’m not keen on frozen cauli or broccoli, much prefer the fresh versions. So pleased that you and your Beau can see each other again Yowser, I’m sure it will be a special reunion😉.

As you know, I didn’t get around to posting positives yesterday, which means there should be extras to post today, here goes …..
    💐 Lovely meal with OH last evening, our usual Friday night ‘date night’ at home, with cocktails and a three course meal. And a little dancing in the living room.
    💐 As the weather was turning, I cut a few roses to bring indoors. Enjoying the fragrance of those sitting on the table next to me as I write this.
    💐 Lots of messaging with friends and family over the last couple of days.
    💐 Visit to a garden centre this afternoon, where OH treated me to several plants and compost for my new trough planters and two plant supports for a couple of my roses.
    💐 Socially distanced visit to eldest son, lovely to catch up face2face.
    💐 It’s beginning to look like visiting Turkey in the autumn might be possible after all … keeping everything crossed and trying not to get too excited.
    💐 Whilst I don’t much like the rain, I’m sure the garden is appreciating it.
    💐 Has been a lovely quiet relaxing day, not least because for once, OH decided to take a whole day off, no work and no DIY or car tinkering.

Hope you are having a good weekend with plenty of positives. We’d love to read about them, so please take a moment to tell us about some of them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNNYB I love hearing about yr Friday dinner dances! So special,glad youre still doing them
    And love hearing about yr plants and flowers too xx 🙂🙃
    We have just realised we could have met up today,Beau and I!
    Johnson said Support Bubble ‘ from midnight Saturday’ which we thought meant,starting Sunday! 🤔
    Oh well,wdnt have been good company today,had bout of insomnia last night..
    up looking out at 3 a.m.watching a little fox just sitting in the middle of the road.
    He was trying to pluck up courage to come into our small garden,where we have a Late Night Foxy Cafe…Always put chicken or dry dog food or sausages out for them..
    it usually gets taken within minutes but this little fella was timid.
    Most of the food has usually gone from the Caff by eleven,hope he found a few scraps when he finally realised it was safe. 🦊🦊🦊xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Julz, happy to share the Keto Carrot Cake recipe, please note, I haven’t worked out the calls and carbs though. It’s really quick and simple to make and very tasty too.
    Wet Ingredients
    80g finely grated carrot
    1 large egg
    2tbsp melted butter
    3tbsp double cream
    2tsp Maple Syrup (alternatively, you may use the sweetener of your choice)

Dry Ingredients
    50g almond flour
    10g chopped walnuts
    1.5tsp cinnamon
    1tsp all spice or mixed spice
    1tsp baking powder

Frosting
    2tbsp cream cheese
    1tsp Maple syrup (or your chosen sweetener)

Mix together the dry and wet ingredients separately, before combining together. Put the batter into 2-3 ramekins well greased with butter. Microwave all ramekins together for 5 mins at 800W (6mins at 700W).
    For the frosting, mix together the cream cheese and chosen sweetener.
    Serve the cake either warm or cold with or without frosting. Alternatively, it would serve well warm with a little cream, creme fraiche or Greek yogurt.

• posted by Verano
    on

OK …. yes this is a ‘mess’ at the moment but looking forward to tomorrow….. life will get better ….
    1. Saw a post from sunshine-girl today, posting really great blood results ….. BRILLIANT ….. keep positive s-g!
    2. Just happy to be part of this thread and enjoy the positives …. keep positive!
    3. Stir fry vegetables for us tonight with last night’s chicken, …… hope it will be tasty! But if not I will still ‘keep positive’ !!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, hope you have had a lovely reunion with your Beau 😉. Verano, I’m sure the stir fry will be yummy.

Positives from my little corner of the world are ….
    🌺 Beautifully sunny day.
    🌺 Whole day spent gardening …. bliss.
    🌺 New planters that OH made for me are now planted up and look really good.
    🌺 The new planters make the view from the kitchen much more pleasing.
    🌺 Several plants transferred between pots, including one of my beloved roses.
    🌺 All planters and containers fed.
    🌺 Indian take away for dinner tonight, so no cooking to do 😃.
    Hope your Sunday has brought positives your way too.

• posted by Britta
    on

Hope you all had a happy Sunday!
    What a difference a bit of sun makes… I have had a great day of doing some gardening and assembling some lego (you’re never too old for lego!).
    I did the keto chaffles for the first time with a full english breakfast this morning and they were great. They did use up half of my calorie allowance though so they won’t feature too often.
    So all in all I’m happy to be back to feeling balanced – the new week can commence.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Thanks Sunny, that pud is going on the list for once I am allowing more treats! Looks fab and simple. Do love a carrot cake!!

Glad you enjoyed the chaffles Britta. I keep trying variations and have decided I’m actually not that fussed for them. Hahaha. Never as good as i picture them in my head. Best i did was a garlic cheese version as a side for veggie dish. Did a version with cream cheese and cacao powder on saturday for pud and it was awful so i didnt eat it!!

Jealous of you all having sunshine – we are on day for of misty, foggy, drizzle and unable to see 100m ahead of us. Everything is damp and i have discovered i have no boots which are actually waterproof – which is not ideal when going to and from fields with horses through long grass.
    But in the spirit of positivity…..
    – we needed the rain
    – we think we have a man with a mini-digger willing to help with the garden – its a BIG space and we need to level patio area, tidy up banks round the edge, oh and hubby wants a pond!!
    – Worked 2 horses fairly late on last night and they were both super. Always brings a smile.
    – Saturday we went on a bit of adventure when walking…..got very wet but had fun mixing it up – we have done hundreds (literally) of kms up and down the same road so the change was nice!
    – work is going to be busy and stressful this week – not sure its a positive, but I’m going to make it one! Get through the next 2 weeks and I’ll feel better thats for sure!
    – had a colleague come out with her OH and daughter yesterday for a socially distant visit and to see the horses. Think we cheered up one fairly sad 8 year old. Horses were so so good with her, it was lovely.
    – feeling well, bright, determined and pretty at peace with the eating! Helped by 2lbs discard last week! Targets which felt like a dream and not very realistic at the start of this feel do-able! And I’m not fretting about time, when, or how long it takes. I’ll chip away and sort my life out!
    – forecast for next weekend looks good – here’s hoping!!

Have a good week positive people!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Time to post some positives for the day, so here goes …
    🌟 Supermarket visit a sinch, no queues.
    🌟 Visit from daughter and grandson …. 1st time in weeks.
    🌟 Weather was warm and sunny, so sat outside with daughter and grandson for a cuppa and a chat.
    🌟 After no internet connection for most of the day, all back up and running again.

What was your positive for today?

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Well it’s official ….. I look like a ‘bag lady’ with hair unkempt and hanging and I can’t even put it up because of the roots! Oh dear! Anyway, it’s not really the end of the world because I’m not going anywhere or seeing anybody.
    So I do have positives …..
    (Never used emojis before but maybe time to start)
    🌻Ordered some new large planters for my olive trees which are literally ‘poking’ through their pots.
    🌻 On a similar theme a new 50cm planter arrived yesterday to repot my palm. I’m really hoping it will flourish, and doesn’t take fright at all the new space.
    🌻I’ve been using Vaseline on my nails which have nasty vertical ridges and it’s working wonders, much better than any cuticle oil.
    🌻We’ve had some ‘visitors’ in our loft but seems, after some help, that they may have found a new home ….. hurray!
    Thank you everyone for all your positives. I know I don’t post that often, but I really appreciate your uplifting posts.
    Just had to add this from Headspace ……. ‘Take care of yourself. Take a nap. Cook a delicious meal. Dance around your house. Breathe. Nourish yourself today’
    Makes me think of your Friday nights Sunny …… we all need to follow your lead!
    Have a good week with lots of positives.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to have you posting, V. Sounds like you are using garden projects to keep you positive, transplanting established plants into new ‘homes’. There is something quite pleasing in doing that isn’t there …. will you be utilising the vacated pots too? I did a major plant and pot reshuffle last w/e.

Positives with me today ….
    🐠 Made a start on sorting out the clutter in one of the spare bedrooms.
    🐠 Despite forecast for rain, it’s been dry today and for the most part sunny too.
    🐠 Put together another veg fermentation …. aubergine this time.
    🐠 Cut more roses to enjoy indoors. They make a very pleasing little perfumed posy.

Think that’s me for today. We love to read about other people’s positives, so please tell us about yours.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Right oh, quick Wednesday positives for me….
    – I have been awesome work wise past couple of days – so productive, now its crunch-time with audit!
    – Our garden has had a day and a half of digger driver, it is now level with a designated patio area and a hole for a pond!
    – we have acquired some strawberry plants which are lined up beside our broccoli and tomato plants!
    – the plants are hilarious as we are not green fingered and really have no idea what we are doing or where they will go. This whole interest in the garden is very new! I might have to learn about pot shuffling SunnyB! haha.
    – The perma-fog seems to have lifted – literally! Might get some blue sky and sunshine!

• posted by Britta
    on

Very few positive thoughts from me today I’m afraid, it’s been a severe lockdown fatigue day here. But all the more important to force some positivity, so I can muster 4:
    1: Even when the going gets tough, I no longer seem to suffer from the misconception that eating lots of rubbish will help. A couple of months ago, a day like today would have been a calorific disaster and tomorrow would have been all about self loathing. Is “willpower” really just another word for stable bloodsugar you think?
    2: From next week my 7 year old daughter will go to school 2 days a week. I can’t wait!
    3. My red cabbage ferment seems to be doing well.
    4. We have harvested the first raspberries (about 15 😀 )

• posted by Britta
    on

Aubergine ferment!! I absolutely need to try that, but it’s not in the book – what did you put in it Sunny please?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Britta, if you have the Shockey book, the aubergine ferment comes under egg plant. I based my concoction on their recipe, but added one very small finely chopped shallot, some chopped basil and half a stalk of rhubarb, as I know this will give some variation in texture to the end product. Will let you know how it turns out. Bet your raspberries are yummy!
    Julz, sounds like your garden is developing nicely.

My positives for today ….
    🌸 Lovely long phone conversations with my Mum and then a friend who lives alone, so likes to have a good chat.
    🌸 Got some laundry done.
    🌸 Finished sorting out one of the spare bedrooms … just need to tackle to other one.
    🌸 Made Father’s Day cards, just need to post the one for my Dad.
    Don’t forget to let us know,about your positives.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    I’d hate for this thread to ‘bite the dust’ especially after Sunny has tried so hard to keep us all on track by keeping the thread going.
    So, ‘Happy Fathers’ Day’ to all fathers. It’s such a strange one this year not having a family lunch together but hopefully next year will see a proper celebration.
    Despite the boredom of late, I do have some positives…..
    🌻 Saw my son yesterday for the first time in nearly four months. That was very, very positive!
    🌻I’ve got back into the habit of daily meditation at last. For some bizarre reason I’ve not meditated since lockdown and it feels so good to get back to it.
    🚢 I should be bobbing about in the Med at the moment but that wasn’t to be, so I’ve decided to replan our front garden with a Japanese theme. I would really like a low maintenance garden so I’m thinking of large stones/monoliths and different size gravel/pebbles and some nice lowish plants. Well it gives me something to think about if nothing else!
    👩‍🍳Well, cooking every night has really now just become a ‘habit’ which I have actually started to enjoy, for the most part. I must admit I’m running rather short of recipes, especially as we don’t eat red meat very often, but it’s amazing how many ways you can cook a piece of salmon!
    I really hope everyone is well and staying ‘positive’.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, thank you so much for stepping in and bumping the Positives thread to the top of the heap. I have rather dropped the ball since my daughter found out at the end of last week, that her job is to be a casualty of covid. On top of which, her car broke down, so all in all, a few dramas to be coped with. Loving the sound of your garden, V … I’m sure you can pull it off.

Anyway, despite the recent bumps I have some positives nonetheless, so here goes ….
    🦎 OH has been a real gem, working on daughter’s car to get it back on the road later this week.
    🦎 Looking forward to ‘date night’ dinner tonight. Was bumped from Friday, so we could celebrate Fathers Day with our weekly special meal
    🦎 Nice chat with Dad this morning …. wishing a Happy Fathers Day to all dads.
    🦎 Lots of messaging with friend in India this weekend, that always lifts my spirits.
    🦎 My two most recent ferments have turned out well, especially the cherry and rhubarb one.

Think that will do from me right now. Hope your weekend has brought you lots of positives and that you’ll be sharing a few with us soon.

• posted by GreenGal
    on

Enjoying reading positives… here are some from me:
    1/Did a run and a weights workout this morning, well over an hour of really working out hard .. the weights definitely felt more manageable and I upped the weight for a few different exercises -happy to see progress.
    2/Called my family in the UK and did a zoom quiz! Was so fun and lovely too see everyone well and positively trying to adjust to life with COVID.
    3/Potted my plant .. we can’t got out to buy anything so I re-used an empty large candle jar That I cleaned out and now my mother-in-laws tongue plant looks awesome!
    4/New meds for my Endo seem to be really helping 😃
    Looking forward to a new week and the new thread tomorrow.. Decided I will change it up a bit this week and do a pescatarian week .. will eat veges & fish .. instead of meat and see what effect it has on the scales.. will let you know! Conquering my mountain 🏔 one step at a time.. GreenGal 🥦

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi everyone,Happy Solstice and Happy Fathers Day!
    SUNNY B I hope you enjoyed sunday night dinner dance! 💖
    My positives…
    * had a few drives out this last week with my beau,courtesy of the Single H/ holders bubble….we didnt get out of the car,but was so good to connect with the outside world again
    * Hoping this week to find a quiet time to walk by the park lake and feed the ducks
    * My h/ dresser sent me a photo of her salon and the work in progress to make it a safe as poss zone! Cannot wait for the time she re opens ..oh Happy Day!
    * Ordered myself two new books,looking forward to their arrival,ditto some bargain tops from ebay. Lovely to hear my postman ring the bell and shout,Good morning!Ive left your parcels outside! Has kept me going, as have all the key workers..a big thanks to them all
    Bye for now folks,have a good week,and remember,
    The more you weigh,the harder you are to kidnap. Stay safe,eat cake! 😋XXX

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Apologies, I’ve been lax on the positivies, though there are plenty lurking around so here we go:
    – Neighbour and her friend were really complimentary about my weight loss, I’m delighted and its spurred me on!
    – Need to do more bra shopping, the old ones are definitely a bit roomy! Whoop
    – Last week was a tough but successful week for work – had a 2 day audit, done remotely via Teams. It went really well so the pre-audit stress and graft paid off! phew
    – Walking levels are on the up again, though yesterday took for ever as i got stuck chatting to 2 sets of neighbours 2km down the road….then the heavens opened and i got fairly rained on!
    – This week should be a little more mellow work wise so i should have a chance to get some of the ageing tasks ticked off my list.
    – our garden plans are well on the way. Area for patio has been properly levelled and prepped, top soil is down where we will have grass, pond hole is dug….so we just need to get a plan together and see what we can make of it once the patio is down. Verano – I’d be delighted to hear about your garden as it progresses, we will be looking at a low maintenance chuckies and shrub type of arrangement….!

Sunny – sorry to hear about your daughters job, we are nervously waiting to hear about my husbands job, he is in a pool that is at risk and he thinks he will be one to go, so having to get back up plans in place to tide us over – most of the jobs up here are oil related and the oil industry is on its knees and a lot of folk are loosing their jobs so it will not be an easy time.
    Yowser – I’m going for the being light enough to run away from kidnappers strategy…. eat broccoli! hahaha!!
    Impressive workouts greengal – I’ve not been doing enough weights, every now and then I get the pull and do a couple of circuits with a bar and it does feel good! I have a life goal of being able to do a couple of pull-ups….. always been to heavy to make it practical, if i can get some strength training in I may well find it do-able! Might have to start hanging from hubby’s bar every day!!

• posted by GreenGal
    on

WindyJulz, it’s so true I have always loved exercise but when it came to the rope climbs or pull ups not a chance!!!! 🤣 Although I have not alway been as heavy as I am now I have never been ‘slight’ of build! I had the biggest feet in Elementary School, bigger than all the boys .. And as a teenager my hands were as big as my Uncles 🤪 I was always a robust, a ‘never blow over in a storm kind of gal’.. I was told and to be honest never really minded, I like to feel capable physically. I am 5’7 but always think I should have been taller .. my sis is 6ft she got the height and I got the width!!! 🤣 But yes my goal also is to be able to do some pull ups .. I am a long long way off that but your post has given me a bit of impetuous to start trying! Thank you for that! GreenGal 🥦

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

HAha Greengal that made me smile! I’m the same. Remember standing holding a big bale of hay half way up my lorry ramp at an angle waiting for the farmer to help me shove it in…. he looked me up and down and said “its a good job your a herty kinda quine” – i was amused, but similarly glad I am physically capable.

I’m gonna do a bit of pull up training this week now – found best place to start is to jump up adn just hold at the top for as long as i can and then lower slowly…. build up from there. Getting back up is gonna be so hard though!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Greengal, I’ll be interested in hearing how your pescitarian week goes.
    Yowser, so good to see you posting here again.
    Julz, your garden sounds really exciting, will be lovely once you have it all in place. I’d like a pond, but there’s no logical place to site it.

My positives for today are…..
    🐬 Lovely evening yesterday …. good food, good company …. what more can a girl ask.
    🐬 Saw some poppies in a hedgerow this morning, which made me smile.
    🐬 Really enjoying the cherry and rhubarb ferment I made last week …. yummy!
    🐬 Trip to the farm shop this morning and lovely fresh veggies bought.
    🐬 Set up two more ferments this afternoon.
    🐬 Deadheaded the roses … the blooms have not really appreciated the persistent rain we’ve had recently. Glad to say there are lots of buds still to flower.
    🐬 Because of the rain, another evening when no garden watering is necessary.
    🐬 It’s felt like a busy and productive day 😃.
    Please do tell us about your personal positives, we’d love to read about them.

Please log in or register to post a reply.