Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Feeling up beat today so a couple of positives to start the day….
    – we ate our first strawberry from one of our new strawberry plants….cant take credit for it to be honest, it was given to us with the wee strawb well on its way, but it ripened up well and me and hubby shared the little morsel – he was delicious!
    – tomorrows weather looks amazing…. going to plan work to let me spend some extra time outside!! Somehow….
    – My little horse is awesome….. he jumped at the weekend and is really starting to look quite impressive, and is pretty much ready to sell. This will be hard as i adore him, but he was a bit of a rescue and was never meant to stay…though he’s been with me for 4 years!

Ok, I think i’m out, not because im not positive but because not much happens in a day….so ‘as per above’ applies. ๐Ÿ™‚

I we walked 6k last night and saw the tawny owls who live in the woods down the road again. Its a lovely thing hubby and I are doing – walking, talking, wildlife spotting and generally enjoying each others company without any electronic devices….. one of the great things to come from lockdown!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see you getting some early positives in, Julz. Your evening walk sounds idyllic. Shame you will soon have to part with your young horse, not sure I could be so brave.

My positives for today are …..
    ๐ŸŒป Made a start on the village newsletter for July.
    ๐ŸŒป Put together another veggie ferment … sweet potato and celeriac this time.
    ๐ŸŒป OH thought he’d have to work late today, but arrived home much earlier than usual!
    ๐ŸŒป One of my favour roses is beginning it’s second flush of blooms this year.
    ๐ŸŒป Stretched my overnight fast to 19hrs today.

Looking forward to reading some positives from others soon.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Me again … it’s time to make note of this positives …
    ๐Ÿ– Another real summer’s day …. what’s not to like!
    ๐Ÿ– Little visit with an elderly neighbour for a chat and catch up.
    ๐Ÿ– Cala lily has finally bloomed.
    ๐Ÿ– Have booked a table at a favourite restaurant for their first evening open on 4th July.
    ๐Ÿ– The grass seed we put on the bald patches at the edge of our lawn (and I use the term loosely!), seem to have taken well.
    ๐Ÿ– Fed all my containerised plants.
    Please come and share your positives with us too.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Whoop for the sun – thats my first positive. And we dont get it all that hot up here, toasty 18 degrees in just fine! Will ensure I get a hefty Vit D boost today!
    Other positives
    – useful day at the office yesterday which tends to result in a long fast which i quite like, 21 hours in the bag!
    – I have discovered cabbage crisps to add to my salty snack options, I treat them the same as cauliflower leaves, bit of oil, salt and pepper, in the oven for 15-20 mins – ta-da!
    – had first actual sit on my young horse outside yesterday – this is not normally as massive deal but for this horse it it! I can sit on indoors but outside he is very nervous so this was a big step for the both of use (well, there have been literally hundreds of tiny steps getting to this, so the step yesterday was tiny, but it represents a bit of a mile stone.) Hopefully we can continue very very slowly and not make any more mistakes!
    – I’m teaching my hubby to do extra handling of said young horse, its adorable watching them work each other out!
    – other horse with multiple veterinary issues has been waiting for surgery since before lockdown, we have been given a date, 6th July, so we can hopefully get him functional again, but its certainly a good step towards knowing what his future will look like. Its been a sad and difficult journey with him.
    – and……its almost friday! Whoop!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Julz, the sun is mist definitely a positive as far as I’m concerned! So pleased that your young horse is making such good progress, sounds like every day, he achieves something new, you might be thrilled.

Right, let’s see what positives I can dredge up for today ….
    ๐Ÿ’ First visit to bank since lockdown began, when our local branch shut, only reopening this week.
    ๐Ÿ’ Meal for ‘date night’ all planned and not too much prep needed tomorrow.
    ๐Ÿ’ Lovely long Skype chat with friend in US.
    ๐Ÿ’ Garden continues to thrive and I’m planning to do a bit more container refreshing and shuffling tomorrow.
    Think that will do for me today. Hope there have been positives for you today too …. please, please do tell us about one or two of them if you have a moment.

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Good morning,
    Thought I’d add some positives..
    I’ve lost half an inch from my waist in last 3 days ๐Ÿ˜ it’s a start !!
    Although it’s freezing here the sun is shining and the birds are gathering on the verandah waiting for the bird feeder to be filled ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ•Š๏ธ.
    My sinus headache that’s been lingering for the last week has gone yessssss!!!
    Going out for a meal with hubby tonight ๐Ÿ˜Š not sure where, anywhere is better than not having to clean up after cooking ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘
    My brother has arrived back in Tassie after 2 weeks in quarantine in Victoria..he can finally be with his family after 3 months working overseas ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    Have a good one ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ–๏ธ

• posted by Mei Li
    on

Thanks for the reminder to note 3 good things that happen today
    1. I turned to water when I was feeling hungry
    2. I did not stop at a convenience store while on my trip today to stock up on pop and chips!
    3. I ate a very healthy bean, onion and turkey salad!!!

• posted by Britta
    on

I can’t quite seem to focus on work again, so thinking about positives seems a good plan! Scales are being a bit stubborn right now, so good to focus on other stuff.
    1. My batteries seem more fully charged after the last few days heatwave. I even went in the paddling pool which made it seem like the summer holidays!
    2. Instead of working I spent the day yesterday preparing and printing out teaching materials for my dyslexic daughter and as a result had a brilliant morning of doing maths and English this morning. It made me feel hopeful.
    3. Kefir grains from the wonderful SunnyB arrives today! I feel both excited about the kefir-making process and just really grateful for this forum and SunnyB (thank you again!).
    4. I have not been able to focus on reading much during lockdown, but I have finally started reading a really good book ‘The Tea Girl of Hummingbird Lane’ and really enjoying it.
    5. My colleagues are super supportive of my lack of ability to get as much work done as I’d like at the moment, and I feel very privileged about that.

Hope you all have a good weekend!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

So cheering to see so many good things big and small mentioned here…life is wonderful when you accentuate the positive,eliminate the negative!๐Ÿ˜„
    * Yayyyyyyyy ๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป๐Ÿ˜ป its Friday! SUNNYS dinner date night! Hope you and OH enjoying it SUNNY!๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
    * Just watched Glasto 2003..Arthur Lee and LOVE! fantastic! ๐Ÿ’“๐Ÿ’œMight watch some Lady Gaga next…
    * In Dobbies today ( other shops available) Just for five mins to buy a bday card..but it was SO nice to be in a SHOP!again. Thats enough shopping for me for now,still very wary. Saw an adorably cute Scottie dog in there ๐Ÿ’œ
    * Lovely time last night,just love these long summer balmy evenings. In DDs garden,chatting and listening to conversation and laughter in other gardens. Then…Fireworks and cheers,car horns beeping,even the nearby trains tooting as they went past. It all went on til very late..Lpool FC winning the Premier League. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    Take care folks and be safe XXXXXXXXXX

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps BRITTA ..just read some Teagirl reviews..it sounds excellent..will order it from the library when it re opens,or buy.
    * Im excited coz ive just bought a book called I Am An Island by Tamsin Calidas,after hearing it reviewed on radio 4 ..it arrived in the post today..the parcel is in quarantine for a few days,then i can dive into it. My book for July!
    * Also ordered one called ( I think) Little FIres Everywhere ..think its on netflix as a film,but i dont have Netflix
    * Joined BFI ( British Film Institute ) and have watched a host of films in June..tho also nibbled quite a lot of popcorn too while viewing,very naughty..and it shows..but ive enjoyed June! ๐Ÿ˜‹ XXXXXXX
    Goodnight folks and remember..
    Youre never fully dressed without a smile..
    And….
    If you see someone without a smile,give them one of yours ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ™ƒ ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒผ

• posted by MerryMelba
    on

Some lovely positives – sounds like those in the UK are having some delightful weather.
    Great positives Mei Li – keep going!
    Some postives for me :
    ๐ŸŒบ Thank you Britta and Yowzer for the book recommendations – both on order from the library. I will listen to the audio version of Tea Girl.
    ๐ŸŒบ A lovely meal out in a Melbourne city restaurant last night. The restaurants are restricted to 20 people very well spaced out. Meal was delicious and so good to be able to chat over a meal with a couple of friends. The city is so quiet at night at the moment.
    ๐ŸŒบ I have had a super busy week of work – working 8 days in a row. A bit of a change after 12 weeks of being stood down.
    ๐ŸŒบ Some really lovely comments from people saying how much they missed the library and how delightful it is to get books again (I work in public libraries)
    Stay safe๐Ÿ˜ท

• posted by caronl
    on

1) Go Liverpool!!
    2) Flowers and nascent tomatoes survived the thunderstorms last night. The garden is refreshed and happy.
    3) This website. Full of positive thinking, transformation and support. I’m lurking a bit at the moment, but so happy to read of your successes, determination and grit. It is positive on its own to know that we have all found the right track – even if we diverge now and again!

Have a nice weekend one and all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Lovely to see you posting with us again, Yowser and OH and I had a very pleasant Friday evening thanks.

And thank you to everyone who had posted positives over the last few days. My positives for today are …..
    ๐Ÿฆœ A good Friday evening with my man.
    ๐Ÿฆœ OH finished the work on daughter’s car and we delivered it back to her today.
    ๐Ÿฆœ Visit to son’s and saw grand children too.
    ๐Ÿฆœ It’s less humid now and the garden is benefitting from a bit more rain.
    ๐Ÿฆœ Someone we stayed with in India, has sent me some yummy sounding recipes to try. Looking forward to giving them a go.
    ๐Ÿฆœ I’m grateful that all friends and family remain well … not to be taken lightly.
    Think that is enough for me today. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and please do tell us about the positives that come you way.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The weekend is almost done, but I’m sure there must still be positives to be had …..
    ๐ŸŽ  Quiet relaxing day with OH, without any pressure to be doing anything in particular.
    ๐ŸŽ  Decanted two of the ferments I set up last week, do the fridge is well stocked again.
    ๐ŸŽ  Have been researching propagating roses from cuttings …. thinking I will give it a go.
    ๐ŸŽ  Brief visit from son with his bouncy furry friend ๐Ÿ•
    Hopefully the new week will bring lots more positive for all of us ๐Ÿ˜

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Yowser – you just made me smile!!
    Loving all the positives!

Ok, some from me!
    – Found out this morning that the dressage championships I had qualified my little horse for which were cancelled in April… MIGHT just run in August!! That would be amazing. This is the little horse I am likely to sell, so it was a bit of a one-off opportunity, he deserves a little bit of limelight so if we could get there it would be great! And for me – well I’m not that good and the last time i qualified for that comp was, I think 8 years ago, so be great to go pretend I am awesome for the day!
    – Our patio has been put down – its great, and huge, and currently looks like a dance floor in the middle of our big roughly triangular shaped garden of mud! The cats both approve and have enjoyed rolling on it! Now planning a veggie box and a pond… or two! SO much learning as we are not garden people, but having a ball doing it!
    – relatives in Oz are doing ok following a big op and some other health issues, grateful for that.
    – still getting walking in, not as much as last month but 145km so far this month. Wont be hitting the 200km mark but will get 150.
    – had the little horse out on a couple of extra long adventures over the weekend – places he’s not been before and he really really loved it! Such an awesome little guy…. selling him will be hard!
    – feeling motivated and inspired to do a bit more fasting this week and see how it affects me! Hoping it will help me get toward the final brain issues with this way of eating – anxiety vs portion size! My mindset is much healthier and i’m generally in a good place, but have not conquered the ‘i need a big portion to tide me over’ mentality! I know it, but i dont feel it when i’m eating!
    – all fit and well! Every day that is something to be grateful for.
    – oh did i mention last week i have a day (next monday) for other horse to have surgery? This is needed and is a step towards working out his future. So grateful for this too!

• posted by Verano
    on

Well thought it was time for me to take stock again and this thread makes me do that!
    Sunny sorry to hear about your daughterโ€™s job but hopefully there will be something better around the corner, and at least she has her car back ….. thanks to your OH!
    Brittany, Lisa See is a favourite of mine so thanks for the recommendation. I must admit that since โ€˜lockdownโ€™ I donโ€™t seem to be able to concentrate, which is a problem Iโ€™m sure others are having as well.
    Yowzer, you always make me smile …. thank you, thank you, thank you!
    But I do have positives, although I donโ€™t always find three each day I can still find some, so …..
    ๐Ÿ‘Wonderful to see sunshine-girl back with us , and HAPPY 4th BSD ANNIVERSAY!
    ๐Ÿ“šI bought a new mid-year diary today. So from July 1st, new diary, new start,
    new enthusiasm.
    ๐Ÿ‘’ Waiting for appointment from my hairdresser ….. hopefully it will be in 2020!
    ๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐ŸณSome friends joined us for lunch in the garden …… wow it felt so โ€˜normalโ€™ ….
    Hopefully โ€˜ nornallity โ€˜ will return soon!
    Have a good week with lots of positives!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Julz, sounds like your garden is coming on really nicely. Hope you get good news about your dressage comp soon.
    My positives for today are …..
    ๐ŸŒบ Decanted my last batch of fermented veg which was set up last week. It’s yummy ๐Ÿ˜‹
    ๐ŸŒบ Completed the village newsletter and emailed it out.
    ๐ŸŒบ Have heard we can produce a printed newsletter from August, as our distribution team will be active again.
    ๐ŸŒบ Despite a very windy day, it’s been dry with occasional sunshine.
    Can’t think of anything else of particular note, so those will do for me today. Please do take a moment to tell us about your positives too.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiiiii SUNNY!MERRY,CARONL and everyone! X
    WAITAMINUTE…well done on whittling that waist!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸฝEnjoy yr meal out x
    WINDY i love hearing about the horses..I so wish we could put photos on here..i feel sure we could a few years ago..?
    I remember seeing photos of CAPTAINLYNNE wearing new outfits after she lost a load of weight..And i so empathise about portion control….i can always work my way thru a heaped plate given half a chance…or a whole vat of wine…
    VERANO! Lunch in the garden with friends..I think we really appreciate now all the little nice things we perhaps took for granted before..hope you get yr hair Appt soon..i have one for 7 July..will be good to no longer look like the Wild Woman of the Woods..i love the idea of new start,new diary!XX

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

I meant to add….not really a positive but it might make you chuckle,and thats always positive!
    Am i the only one havin serious senior moments after all these weeks of lockdown…
    I keep sending emails to the wrong place…
    Yesterday I sent a very silly email meant for DD to the lymphodema association
    Today,Another one for DD ( again,silly) went to the BBC ( they have just now thanked me politely for it)
    This morning a rant about Boris Johnson meant for Beau went to MyFitnessPal
    ๐Ÿค”
    And just now,I jumped out of my skin,catching sight of my reflection,and thinking it was another person ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ XXX

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

you did make me chuckle Yowser. ๐Ÿ™‚

Couple positives from me…..
    – went to try on some horsey gear a pal was selling on facebook last night….. i got into everything easily and actually enjoyed the feeling of trying on clothes (I cant stand clothes shopping normally!) and came away with more than i meant…. so i now have a rather splendid show jacket and some smart breeches ready for the return of competitions! I cant tell you how old, stained, tattie and uncomfortable my old tweed jacket is so this is very exciting!
    – trying on of said clothes was fun, able to catch up with my chum who i dont see often even without lockdown. Had a good laugh about everything. Lovely when there are people you hardly see from year to year but still ejoy their company when you see them.
    – Office day tomorrow – change of scene is needed. Last couple of work weeks from home have been hard and it’ll be refreshing to have a different view!
    – did a 22+ hour fast yesterday, had a lovely chicken salad for dinner and was comfortably within calorie allowance. Felt good. Today was a 2 meal day, so 17.5hr fast and looking forward to prawn salad for dinner and another day nailing this properly!
    – went for a walk last night and got caught in the rain….. but enjoyed it none the less…. therapeutic connecting with all of nature!

• posted by Britta
    on

Julz I now have horsey gear envy! I haven’t ridden a horse in many years but it sounds great.
    My positives for today are
    1) I did well concentrating on work and felt quite happy with my progress
    2) I did my daily walk and went to the veg shop which had some nice heritage tomatoes and golden beetroot
    3) I turned said beetroot into nice looking ferment
    4) I am cooking a greek feast using my favourite cookbook Persiana
    5) I was allowed to order myself a new cookbook (I am addicted to have to apply rules not to go too overboard) by Sabrina Ghayor (who also wrote Persiana)
    6) At no point today did I get wet!

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

OMG Yowzer,
    I too had an email dilemma.. I sent an email that was supposed to go to a close friend full of all sorts of things that were meant for our eyes only ๐Ÿ‘€to our real estate agent that manages one of our houses…she had a good laugh and wrote back saying it made her morning, it’s not the first time she has received emails that weren’t meant for her from me so she is used to it..still it could have been embarrassing ๐Ÿ˜ณ..
    ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ–๏ธ

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hmm.. I just reread that post.. I must reiterate there wasn’t anything untoward in the email it was just stuff that was between me and my friend ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ …

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, it always raises a smile to read your posts. ๐Ÿ˜
    Julz, that horsy gear is a definite NSV ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™‚๏ธ
    Britta, I’m liking the idea of a Greek feast.
    Waitaminute, it was an accident, but you must have felt good that someone unexpectedly smiled, because of your email.

So impressed by those that can post positives first thing. I need to wait to the other end of the day, so I’ve had a chance to gather some together. Here goes then ….
    ๐Ÿ’ Easy and quick visit to supermarket.
    ๐Ÿ’ Brief visit to see daughter, who is much calmer and is now a little hopeful of getting a job within the hotel …. ๐Ÿคžfingers crossed.
    ๐Ÿ’ Have put together a pork curry for dinner this evening.
    ๐Ÿ’ Good reading on the scales this morning.
    ๐Ÿ’ Today I got in meditation, some qigong and a little pilates too.
    ๐Ÿ’ Bought a string of solar lights for the garden …. now I just need some sunshine ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒž
    Hope you have found some positives in your day. It’d be much appreciated if you could take a moment to tell us about them.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi …. hope you are all well
    JULY 1st …. new diary …. new start …. refreshed and renewed…..
    My only positive for today, but a really good one, which I hope brings great feelings of renewal to everyone!
    Keep positive……. new month, new motivation, new ways to get back to some sort of โ€˜normalityโ€™ ……… soon.
    Letโ€™s make July the most positive month of 2020 …..

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Yay i like your thinking VERANO! ๐Ÿ’œ yeh lets make it a Joyful July!X
    A big big relieved positive for me today..
    * DDS darling cat was missing 24 hours,came home limping,with a croak instead of a miaow,and starving…at vets now.
    So relieved and thankful heโ€™s safely home. I wish he was an indoor cat,but he goes crazy to be let outdoors. It makes life stressful for us tho..he broke his pelvis on one of his adventures in the great big outside world. And one time went missing,and was found asleep in next doorโ€™s wardrobe!
    * I love this…โ€ I opened two gifts this morning..they were my eyesโ€
    * And this one for everybody whos fallen off their horse and need help to get back on,clippety clop…
    โ€œ Dont be afraid to start over. This time youre not starting from scratch,youre starting from experience.โ€
    Sending love and sunshine to all xxxx ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’“๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’“๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’“๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’“๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’“๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’“๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’“๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’“๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’“๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer your posts are so uplifting!!!
    Thank you ๐ŸŒˆ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, thank you for sharing your positives, it’s great to read your upbeat approach to the new month and so organised too.
    Yowser, your posts are always so cheery, although very sorry to read about your DDs poor cat … do hope he will recover well and quickly. Loved the ‘getting back on the horse’ quote …. one I’m sure most of us could do with remembering at some point.
    My positives for today……
    ๐ŸŒผ OH mowed the lawn and it looks neat and tidy.
    ๐ŸŒผ Before he mowed, I cut and bagged long grasses and some dandelion leaves for grandson’s rabbit.
    ๐ŸŒผ The nasturtiums have started to bloom.
    ๐ŸŒผ Despite recent rain, some of the containers were surprisingly dry, so made sure to give them all a good drench today.
    ๐ŸŒผ Made a batch of twice bake smoked salmon souffles, two of which will be used for ‘date night’ tomorrow.
    That will do for me at the moment … happy to find even one positive, so five is wonderful.

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi everyone,
    My birthday today, had the best hour talking to my youngest grandaughter who is 4 over Skype.
    Heaps of phone calls from friends and family it’s great to know I’m loved by so many โค๏ธโค๏ธ, makes being so far away from them all so much easier.
    Going out for dinner with hubby tonight and will definitely enjoy myself๐Ÿ˜.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone.
    ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ–๏ธ

• posted by Dreamscometrue
    on

Happy birthday Waitaminute! Glad you’ve had such a lovely day so far, and and are feeling loved. Have a wonderful time tonight, and a great weekend X

• posted by SunnyB
    on

๐ŸŒŸ๐ŸŽ‰๐Ÿคธโ€โ™‚๏ธ Happy Birthday, Waitaminute! Have a wonderful day and I hope all your birthday dreams come true!!! ๐Ÿพ๐Ÿงšโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿคธโ€โ™‚๏ธ

• posted by Verano
    on

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a lovely day Waitaminute. Enjoy!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

WAITAMINUTE! Happy Birthday and Many happy returns of the day. So lovely to have a summer birthday!
    Glad youve had a fun and loving day. Enjoy yr dindins and keep those celebratory vibes going all weekend!
    Eat drink and be merry! And remember,birthdays are natures way of reminding us to eat more cake! X
    ๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿน๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป๐Ÿฐ๐Ÿธ๐Ÿป

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good early morning from Florida!
    Alliecat, so sorry to hear your husband suffered a heart attack. Hope you are both well. Hello to all the great regulars and newbies here

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Violinist! Good to โ€˜seeโ€™ you again. You certainly are up early. Hope you are keeping well in these mad times.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hi Verano! Someone celebrated early with fire works and woke me up!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Hubby and I have been social distancing and sheltering in place since March 13 . Florida is now a very dangerous place for covid 19 so we will be in our pool most of the year. Not really suffering, but hopefully safe. How about you? I forget where you are from.

• posted by Violinist
    on

I am about to take my calories and carbs down for the โ€œ8 weeksโ€ and step up my lap swimming and walking. So here I am to get my usual inspiration from you all

• posted by Verano
    on

Oh dear! But happy Independence Day anyway.
    Iโ€™m in the UK where things havenโ€™t been great but I think parts of the US are worse off. Weโ€™ve been social distancing since March as well and Iโ€™ve been shielding since very early March. We were on a Caribbean cruise in February and I think I may have had C19 then! With hindsight I realise that the cruise line were ramping up sanitisation and clamping down on who they were letting sail. I think they knew far more than us even then!
    Thankfully, we are all well here and things are easing slightly now. I have a hair appointment for August. I really donโ€™t fancy being first in the queue just in case thereโ€™s chaos. Just have a bad feeling that all this easing is going to end in tears ….. but sincerely hope not.
    The really good thing about this forum is that itโ€™s so easy to come back here when we need that extra boost to get back on track. Enjoy your 8 weeks!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Thanks so much, Verano. Hubby and I love the cruises but have sworn off them now. I have someone come to my garage and give me a haircut with face mask. Do you remember we were building a home in Florida? We moved in to the home last December and have been enjoying the pool while sheltering in place.

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi all,
    Thank u all so much for the birthday wishes xx.
    Had a great night out with hubby, I had fish and salad with lots of Asian flavours was so yummy.. I did have a couple of drinks but hey it was my birthday ๐Ÿ˜…
    Didnt have any desert !!
    Have a great weekend and 4th July to those celebrating.
    ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ–๏ธ

• posted by Verano
    on

Waitaminute …. glad you had a good birthday and Iโ€™m sure a few drinks wonโ€™t do too much harm!
    Violinist, yes I remember you were building. I think you had problems with your builders? Werenโ€™t you due to move in in September? Anyway, the important thing is you have actually made the move now! Hope youโ€™ll be very happy in your new home.
    I must admit I havenโ€™t been put off cruises but we only sail only on relatively small ships, less than 700 passengers, and for now just closer to home. Hopefully everything will settle down in time,. Weโ€™ll just have to wait and see in store for us all!

• posted by Violinist
    on

Yes, Verano, we are very happy. In August we hired a lawyer, fired the builders, and hired a great builder who finished the house exactly how we wanted it. Have a great 4th of July!

• posted by Verano
    on

Well the end of another week so time to look back and find some positives….. finding them everyday is a real struggle for me at the moment. But I wonโ€™t give up so to my positives ……
    1. Feeling very much brighter this week given the easing of lockdown. Even though Iโ€™m not really going out the knowledge that I can if I wish, is enough!
    2. Found a really good company for shakes. Iโ€™ve never used them before but thought it might be an idea. So, every other lunchtime, Iโ€™m going to try a shake. Only tried one so far, vanilla and macadamia, and it was lovely. Will let you know if it works.
    3. Some friends have booked to cruise with us in 2021 so feeling more positive now about next year.
    4. They say something good comes from everything….. my hair is so long at the moment, way past shoulder length, but both my daughter and my OH like it long! Who knows maybe Iโ€™ve found a new hair style ….. once my roots are sorted!
    Have a good, and very positive
    week this week….. letโ€™s hope we are entering a new phase where life becomes a little more normal.
    P.S. Sunny are you ok? You very rarely miss a day…. post soon please!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Verano,
    Good for you in finding the positives, even when it is a struggle. And it remains difficult doesn’t it. I start with baby steps to push out the boundaries – a bus trip, the tram, some shops etc. And then start to worry again that I am taking too many risks for me and family. Finally booked a flight to the UK for next month. But not sure I shall take it!!

Anyway some positives:
    1) the garden is looking really summery. Fuchsias, salvias, geraniums, roses, clematis, valerian are all flowering. Agapanthus about to erupt. Full of birds, butterflies and no wasps yet. I can sit there for hours and just appreciate the beauty.
    2) My choir is about to start rehearsing again – even if it is in a very scaled-down version. I have missed it hugely, and will be lovely to get back to singing and seeing friends.
    3) Have found some good internet bridge sites for practice sessions.
    Not very exciting positives, but better than nowt! Have a good week, V. and all positive thinkers.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you for the concern, Verano. Was laid low by a migraine yesterday, hence the lack of a positive post. Good to see you post positives, V …. you found some which shows they are definitely there, all you need to do is look for them ๐Ÿ‘€.
    Caronl, sounds like you and I have many of the same plants in our gardens. My lavender is beginning to flower and the bees adore it, in another day or so it will be positively buzzing with little stripy foragers!

So, let me see what positives I can find for today….
    ๐Ÿฆš Woke up without any residual ‘spaced out’ feeling from yesterday’s migraine.
    ๐Ÿฆš Repaired a favourite crocheted vest top, so it’ll be wearable for a good while longer yet.
    ๐Ÿฆš Lovely long chat with a friend, who’s just heard her job is NOT being made redundant AND she’ll be able to work from home.
    ๐Ÿฆš First bloom open on my oleander …. in fact, the very first since I planted it in a couple of years ago.
    ๐Ÿฆš Quiet relaxing day with OH.

Of you can find a moment, please share your positives too.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Another day, another trawl for positives, so here goes …
    ๐ŸŒบ The high winds have finally abated
    ๐ŸŒบ A lovely day for gardening, so fed all containerised and ericaceous plants and dead headed roses.
    ๐ŸŒบ Daughter’s interview went well today and she has been invited back on Friday.
    ๐ŸŒบ She has also been contacted by another company, wishing to discuss her job application.
    ๐ŸŒบ Long message exchange with friend in India.

It’s been a good day ๐Ÿ˜„. Hope your day has been a good one too … do tell us about one or two high points

• posted by SunnyB
    on

As no-one else seems to have positives(?), so I’d best find some to put forward ….
    ๐Ÿ’ No queue to get into the supermarket.
    ๐Ÿ’ Enjoyed some fermented veg and yogurt for lunch. Especially loving the cherry ferment!
    ๐Ÿ’ Another dry day, so another little gardening session. Hoping for an extend session at the w/e.
    ๐Ÿ’ Grateful that all family and friends seem to be staying well.
    That’s enough for today. If you have a positive, please take a moment to share it with us.

• posted by Verano
    on

Ok Sunny you have โ€˜shamedโ€™ me into contributing!
    Iโ€™ve not meditated for a few days but I will make the time today.
    Iโ€™ve not been looking for three positives but I will make the time today.
    And finally, Iโ€™ve not been recording my carbs or calories but I will make the time today.
    So three positive steps for today to help fill my โ€˜busy doing nothingโ€™ lockdown life!
    Have a good day!

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Apologies, not felt too positive the past few days, and been ‘on holiday’ – well not working anyway….. so not been online so much…. anyway, there are positives to be had….
    – horse had successful surgery and is now on the way to, hopefully, being fixed or at least knowing what the future holds
    – part of horsey rehab is 30 minute walking twice a day for 3 weeks …..so that will make sure I get 5km a day in!
    – Garden plans coming together, just need some useful weather to help!
    – enjoyed running yesterday – first time ever i think i actually enjoyed the process not just the after feeling.
    – there is something positive about coping with bad days without going totally off the rails….sad times dont last for ever. Good health is more important than indulging at difficult times.

Will that do?

Please log in or register to post a reply.