Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

That video clip was so funny Yowser, we definitely need more smiles like that!

Wanted to post some positives, as the day has been quite busy and so I can find quite a few right now …
    1 Good cooking session this morning, ready for OH’s birthday tomorrow. Decided on twice baked cheese souffles for starter, so made extras to freeze too.
    2 An amazing meditation session this afternoon. Easily the longest one I’ve done since coming back to it and so intensely relaxing.
    3 Today I’ve had some lovely lengthy communication threads going with various folks, both UK based and internationally.
    4 Managed to sort out a small gift and card for OH’s birthday, proper gift to be acquired at a later date.
    5 OH put the coving round the top of the new bedroom cupboard.
    6 For dinner this evening, I made a lovely beef casserole with winter spices (cinnamon, mace, ginger and nutmeg).
    Going to leave it there. I’m sure if I thought about it, I could find more to post, but for now I’ll just say, I know I am abundantly blessed.

• posted by Bryla
    on

Oh Yowzer, that clip is wonderful! I definitely need to find more ways to exercise my laughter muscles. Important to keep them toned!

Feeling happy that I have delivered weekly supplies to my parents. It’s reassuring to see them through the window. Although it took a few different shops, I got all but one thing in their wish list (flour). It was heartening to see stocks returning to better levels in the supermarkets.

After a drier spell of weather, I can open my front door again without repeatedly throwing myself against it and turning the air blue. Quite a luxury!

After giving my neighbours a cabbage to tide them over until their next shop, they left a broccoli and a cauliflower on my doorstep the next day. So kind! I really value small acts of kindness and community spirit. There is lots of it around.
    I am enjoying the quiet and hearing more birdsong and less car noise!

Best wishes to everyone

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Bryla, our front door sticks in the damp weather too! Luckily as our drive goes down the sides of the house, we use the back door more than the front.

Thought I’d get in early with some positives, as it’s OH’s birthday today, so I’ll be busy creating a special meal later.
    1 OH’s birthday and his enjoying a day to himself, tinkering with some mechanical stuff. 2 Champagne in the fridge for later. Okay, I know it isn’t BSD friendly, but it’s a mindful deviation.
    3 Nice chat with Mum this morning and they are doing fine.
    4 Watered garden plant containers as they were looking rather dry.
    5 Morning session of meditation and qigong. Absolute lifeline.
    6 Sunny morning, so got two batches of laundry done.
    I’m sure there will be lots more wonderful positives posted later …. will look forward to reading them.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hiiiii everyone!
    * Its birthdaytime! Lets celebrate!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNYB’S OH! 🎈🌟🎈🌟🎈🌟 oooh champers,enjoy!
    (Well done SUNNY on being a busy bee 🐝 AND looking after mind and spirit with med and qigong!)
    * Today,Spoke to an old colleague and a neighbour on the phone..like the advert used to say,Its good to talk!
    It really is nice to slow down and catch up..people are doing it so much now and we are re connecting to keep each other cheered up and reassured
    * Been fretting coz haven’t got much wild bird seed left,or monkey nuts for the squirrels. Did a home delivery from health shop,sunflower and pumpkin seeds and monkey nuts now on their way. Also ordered lots nuts for me and small treats for DD and SIL.
    Hope everyones having a good day!
    Ps Bryla,flour seems rarer than hens teeth at the moment!SIL loves to make bread but hasnt been able to for the last few weeks. I’m fglad you no longer have to throw yrself against the doorto open it x and yes the small acts ofkindness mean so much…” spread kindnesses not viruses” ..Ive just made that up..go me! Next i’ll be writing hit songs!πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

• posted by caronl
    on

Happy Birthday to your OH, Sunny. He must hate being an April Fool birthday. Just imagine all the fake presents….

1) Woodland walk was lovely again. It is a balm to the soul. Purple, yellow and white wildflowers. Wild garlic. Dappled sunlight and that forest-y scent.
    2) March rounded off – some obvious huge lows, but also a month of birthdays and our wedding anniversary. A time to appreciate relationships, good friends, and family.
    3) Two friends delivered flowers to my door yesterday – aqualegias for the garden and a gorgeous bunch of tulips. Spring definitely marches on! And I have a nice garden project for tomorrow. Time to eyeball some underperforming plants, and add colour!

Take care out there!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello Positive People ! My turn….
    First of all Happy Birthday to Sunny’s hubby . Have a lovely celebratory meal, both !
    1) I ventured out to the local supermarket today , feeling slightly apprehensive but it was quiet at lunchtime. I got everything we needed and treated hubby to red wine, a bottle of whisky, ONE bag of crisps and peanuts. That’s going to have to last him a while !!
    2) The cats are well stocked up with food and cat litter too !
    3) I feel relaxed not needing to go out for a while now
    4) My bio shop order is arriving tomorrow so we will have nuts and seeds
    5) My lovely neighbour from the farm left me another bag of lettuce…bless her
    6) We have loads of eggs…eggs are good and plenty of veg.I love my greens !
    7) Hubby did a ZOOM meet with his mates and he enjoyed that
    8) I have accepted I need regular breaks from work to stop my head exploding and I don’t feel guilty
    9) A colleague sent a message to us all saying that because of the pandemic, teachers due to retire this year would have to work an extra 4 terms to make up their qualifying years !!!! Talk about April Fool !! I fell for it !! I really am retiring ths year !!
    10) My boys are well and my younger son is setting up a website with spectacular bird photography. I am proud of my boys
    11) I made a delicious halloumi and spinach curry and it lasted 2 days
    12) I made some more delicious nettle crisps
    13) I am enjoying exchanging messages and phone calls with friends in France, the UK and the US knowing we are all in this together
    14) I am absolutely loving the Qigong morning sessions with the youtube videos
    15) I am about to begin one of Verano’s crazy book recommendations and looking forward to it.
    16) My car started after weeks of idleness
    17) Temperatures are due to rise to 20Β° here on Saturday so I can get my white legs in the sun
    18) Betty still loves me although she can’t go outside
    19) All of our phones, computers, TV etc are working so we will always be in touch with family and friends
    20) There is apparently a shortage of flour in France but who needs flour ? There is always KazzUk’s linseed bread recipe if hubby gets desperate .
    So there’s my Top Twenty πŸ˜‰

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi friends xx πŸ’œπŸŽˆπŸ’œπŸŽˆπŸ’œhope everyone well and SUNNY hope OH has recovered after bday celebrations!

* Looking forward to clapping NHS again tonight
    * Going to watch One Man Two Guvners on YouTube tonight from NT Live.
    Some people are dressing up as if going out which I applaud but doubt I will do same.
    Will also swerve the wine n nibbles which many people have ready!
    * Saw a photo of the most lovely window,decorated with hearts..wish I could show you. My friend is going to copy it in her window. I wd have a bash if I had any materials
    * DD has an online conference w colleagues this avvo..theyve been asked to bring sthing uplifting. When DD started this job,she met up,after 30+ years,with her best friend from Infants school! I managed to fish out two photos of her and best pal,taken at DDs 7 th bday party..fancy dress..DD as Little Bo Peep,her pal as Alice in Wonderland,…dancing together. Think they’ll bring a smile to the conference.
    * Long chat reminiscing with three school friends today..lots of good memories and laughs! I loved school.
    * Friend told me she and OH were planning to go to Spain with their campervan..now they have decided to take the holiday in the campervan on their driveway! I think that sounds like good fun! And at least you can nip back indoors if you forget anything!
    * SILjust delivered a bag of shopping..including watercress and peppers,which i ve been craving,.and a big pot of yoggy..plus some treats,not of the edible kind! Haircare and suchlike! Feel blessed. From what others have posted,we are really enjoying these doorstep offerings
    Take care,keep safe,stay smiling! Xxxx
    What have you guys been up to today?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you for all those lovely positives Wendy. And Yowser, OH recovered well from the celebrations thanks. He enjoyed his special meal and some bubbles 🍾πŸ₯‚ too.
    Okay, let’s see what positives I can find for today ….
    1 Lovely evening yesterday, celebrating OH’s birthday. The meal turned out perfectly.
    2 Don’t know where I’d be without my tech right now. Today I’ve swapped recipes in messages with G in India; had 2 video chats with friends in US and Turkey; messaged several friends; had text contact with g/son. And streamed guided meditations and qigong sessions too.
    3 Made some yummy dal using G’s recipe.
    4 Cooked roasted pak choi with artichoke and truffle pesto …. delish!
    5 Half past seven and it’s still light out.
    6 The replacement chandelier for our bedroom has finally arrived. Hoping to get that installed this weekend.
    7 Sorted out the rest of my shoes and got them into trays, ready to store in my new cupboard when it’s built.
    8 Another reasonably sunny day and another batch of laundry done.
    So what were you positives today? We’d love to read about them ☺

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Lovely positive posts. I’m in, feeling upbeat today….
    1. The sun is shining and spring is springing.
    2. We managed to buy decent meat yesterday so today I will do roast beef in the cooker for me, hubby and dad.
    3. Its friday, I dont work a Friday, I will do some work but can have a bit of down time.
    4. Its day 11 of me and hubby working from home in close proximity…..and we are still friends!!
    5. We had holidays booked for next week as we were supposed to be heading to Dressage National Winter Championships. we obviously arent going, but hubby still has to take time off and i’ll have a few days so we can get lots of outside jobs done and hubby needs a break.
    6. Its 9am and Ive done 7 pieces of the most difficult jigsaw i got for dad’s christmas – its a photo other half took of birds on our bird table….. 1000 pieces and so much green its unreal. Dad is grumpy about it as its too hard, we’ve been at it since Christmas and we still have a way to go – 7 pieces is an achievement!! haha.
    7. Realised Ive become good friends with one of my colleagues through this, she’s been in the thick of it and working SO hard; she’s a great work ethic, totally on my wave length and maintained a wicked sense of humour!
    8. My craving switch is off – I have no desire for anything off plan….. see if it can remain off for more than a couple of days! Here’s hoping.
    9. I sat on my baby horse last night, he’s pretty scared of having a human on him, he can cope in the shed which the stables are in and we managed to walk around in there a bit. Very small step forward but a fairly big deal for him and me. Someday we’ll be able to do that outside without him being terrified. Feel a little bit closer to the light at the end of the tunnel.
    10 (determined to find 10) I discovered some meditation, relaxation is good and hopefully it can calm my crazy brain a little and steer me away from the hidden anxiety i am accepting is in me!
    oh, 11 – I treated myself to a sodastream thingy – I love sparkling water and feel i am producing too much plastic so despite being pricey Ive bought myself a wee pressie. Used to have a soda stream back in the 80s when i was a kid. Lasting memories of vimto and tizer which thankfully ive grown out of.

Wendy – when your sons website is up and going you must share it. My hubby is into photography and birds too and would be lovely to see and share.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

WINDYJULZ LOved yr positives specially number nine about the horse!
    My positive for today is..
    * am so happy there is no Grand National this year and associated races..I can never watch or bet on it,cant bear to see the horses falling and injuring themselves. Tho I have fond memories of going to Jump Sunday,the week before the race,when you could walk around the course xx
    Apparently there are going to be virtual races instead …I wish that happened every year πŸ’–
    Also,WINDY,number ten,stick with it,meditation has many benefits! XπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Tossed – I can’t watch the National anymore either. I do believe the horses love their job, you’d never get them to do it otherwise. But I wouldn’t jump the Chair or Beacher on an experienced horse, but itself and a controlled approach, let alone with 20 horses round me going a speed. The jockeys are brave. The falls make me sad.
    Though it must have been fun going to talk round the fences – they are impressive!!

Planning on sticking with meditation, not something I’d have thought would suit me…. but I’m presently surprised.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Julz, congrats on the horse situation and the cravings switch being off.
    Yowser, I’m with you on the Grand National – I too refuse to watch.

My positives for today are …..
    1 Have had a very busy day with messages whizzing back and forth with friends and family far and wide. Where would we be right now with out our tech?
    2 G/son messaged to say he tried out the meditation link I sent him and although he found it difficult to focus, he’ll be trying again.
    3 Resprayed my roses against black spot.
    4 Making a couple of Indian dishes for dinner this evening.
    5 Had a wonderful meditation session this morning …. was a particularly intense experience.
    6 Planning to get out in the garden this weekend, to do some tidying …. exciting!
    Keep all those positives coming folks 😁

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Well the last few days have been mixed for me but I’m going to concentrate only on the positives……
    1. Finished my first β€˜lockdown’ jigsaw today.
    2. Lovely white blossom tree just coming into flower outside.
    3. Think we have a bride or bridesmaid bush, that’s grown into a tree, which is in full bloom ….. very delicate white flowers and pink leaves. Lovely!
    4. I always thought I enjoyed cooking, but I’m afraid my patience is being tried now! Made some carb friendlyish onion bhajis yesterday. Baked in the oven they were ok, not quite the real thing but acceptable.
    5. My fish man turned up on Thursday so have wonderful trout and salmon.
    6. Have been a bit lax about meditating these last few days but do β€˜follow my breath’. Promise to get back into full flow tomorrow.
    7. I have an Italian style meatball casserole in the oven, never made one before, but now it’s a case of cook what I have left! Hopefully I will get a food delivery tomorrow and will have fresh green vegetables again!
    Please try to stay as positive as you can, keep safe and, above all, keep well.

• posted by Verano
    on

P.S. Sunny I’d love some ideas for Indian dishes that aren’t took carby or too time consuming to make. I have a pretty good selection of herbs and spices. Thank you in advance!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi V !
    My hallouli and spinach curry is very easy

My halloumi and spinach curry is just basically a base of softened onions with a spice mix ( turmeric, coriander, cumin and fresh ginger) with water. The recipe has a few cherry tomatoes too. I then add in the spinach in batches to wilt it and then add the diced halloumi previously browned in a pan.
    I am not as strict as you with the carb total these days and I think the tomatoes would ramp it up a bit but it’s healthy and tasty and lasts for several days. Sorry I haven’t been precise about amounts. I can look up the recipe if you want the exact quantities.
    I think I came across the recipe on line, not on the site.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi!
    Believe me Wendy I’m certainly not carb strict at the moment!
    I’m not a lover of halloumi although OH is. I could use chickpeas instead with the spinach. I do have a lovely, but quite carby, chickpea and squash curry. Hugh Fearnkey Whittingstall, from the Daily Mail , several years ago. Very yummy and gets better the next day!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks!
    * VERANO Thanks for asking for that recipe and thanks WENDY for providing it,as I really love the sound of it and have the ingredients to make it
    * Looking forward to joining in a Mass Meditation later ,tho unfortunately it means waking up for 3.45! However, some nights I still havent got to sleep yet at that time,when I have an insomnia patch,so am used to being a night owl at times.
    * Bottom of laundry basket day today!woohoo!
    * Had a lovely afternoon browsing thru two magazines my DD included in my shopping earlier in the week. Not usually a fan,just flick thru,but I got engrossed in the articles and doing some crosswords
    Hope everyone is having as lovely a day as poss! πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹

• posted by wendleg
    on

I copied and pasted my post from the weekly thread, V ! I think I was responding to Bryla who was being pretty strict with her carb count !
    I am not that rigid at all either these days .I do understand what I really need to avoid. I made the mistake of picking up a bar of 80% choc on a rare shopping trip recently.That got scoffed in no time.Message to self…………don’ t buy choc under 90% cacao !!!!
    A few positives while I am here
    We are embarking on a beautiful, uplifting sunny spell of temperatures of 20 Β°
    I am ‘officially’ on holiday so not uploading any school work for 2 weeks to have a recharge time. I think parents need a breather too
    I will soon be able to do Qigong in the garden !
    Had a lovely Google Meet session with several members of my family yesterday , but we are not very disciplined and all talk at the same time !! It was hilarious
    I am enjoying the wacky book you recommended, V ! It makes a change from my usual reading choices. I do love my Kindle and having books available all the time.
    Did I mention my yoga teacher brought me another bag of chard, leeks and spinach yesterday ? I shared my order of sunflower and pumpkin seeds with her . My online order arrived with a lovely personal message on the package ‘ Merci Wendy ! with lots of hearts drawn on the box ! That made me smile.
    I am generally feeling less anxious .The Qigong and meditation are helping. We don’t have too many cases in this part of France as yet but we can’t get complacent.
    I will pop in again over the weekend.Take care everyone ! xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

It’s the 100 year old man who climbed out of the window…….!! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰
    Hi Yowzer ! Your Mass Meditation sounds intriguing !
    xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Wendy that’s quite β€˜normal’ compared with β€˜The Girl who saved the King of Sweden’ …. that truthfully is mad!!!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all, The Dutch call them “lichtpuntjes” – dots of light. And I am focusing on those when feeling despondent. They feel better than a light in the tunnel, since my brain can’t resist thinking of a train coming towards you!!

Lovely to read all your positives. Wendleg you set the bar *very* high with twenty. But you are right that there are a lot of positives out there, even if sometimes it is appreciating what is positive in “normal” life that is temporarily absent.

1) Back from my morning woodland walk – again in glorious sunshine and blue skies. The birds seemed particularly vocal this morning, and I managed to keep a social distance from all but one jogger. Luckily my scarf came to the rescue! Interesting to read that masks, scarves etc can actually make a difference in addition to distance.
    2) Started my second Constable jigsaw puzzle – a gorgeous sky over Dedham Vale. I really enjoy puzzles of Old Masters – they make me appreciate every detail.
    3) Have a bridge game booked with uk friends next week via houseparty and a bridge site. Intrigued to know whether it will work!
    4) My parents have agreed to give a smartphone a whirl, so looking forward to WhatsApping with them later in the week. Fingers crossed.
    5) We are all still healthy. Each morning I wake up in thanks for a new day, and that I and loved ones are OK. Not in an “I’m all right Jack” sense, but just grateful. Very much thinking of those who are not, and those who are helping them. There are so many courageous selfless people out there, who are finally receiving some of the recognition they deserve. May that continue

Love to all

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi V, here are on recipes ….
    Saffron Chicken Korma
    Mix tog approx 250g Greek yogurt, half tbsp garlic paste and 1tbsp ginger paste and coat chicken (I’ve used thighs, fillets and jointed whole chicken, always skin off). Allow to marinate for about an hour.
    Warm a little milk and add saffron strands, allow to infuse.
    Heat oil and temper whole spices – 1inch cassia bark or cinnamon stick, 3 green cardamom; 1 clove. Allow to sizzle for a couple of mins and then add 1 large bay leaf broken into a few pieces.
    Add half tbsp ground coriander, chilli powder to your taste and salt. Allow to cook out for a min and then tip in the chicken and marinade. Stir well to combine the spices. When yogurt begins to split with the oil, add the saffron milk, stir well and cover to cook on a low heat.
    Keep checking and add water as needed. When the chicken is cooked through, use a little ground almond to thicken the sauce.
    When serving, top with crisp fried onions if liked.
    Will post another recipe on another post 😊

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Chicken Shawarma
    Chicken pieces (skin and bone removed)
    Marinade
    1tsp garlic paste
    1tbsp each of ground coriander, ground cumin, ground cardamom
    Chilli or cayenne to your taste
    2tsp smoked paprika
    Black pepper
    2tbsp lemon juice
    1.5tbsp oil
    Combine marinade ingredients add chicken and ensure all is well coated. Preferably marinade overnight and up to 24hrs.
    Make a yogurt sauce with Greek yogurt, 1tsp garlic paste, 1tsp ground cumin, squeeze of lemon juice, s&p.
    Cook the chicken on bbq, grill, griddle pan or in the oven. However you cook it, it is nice with a little charring.
    Serve accompanied by the yogurt dressing.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Dal recipe
    Boil 200g toor dal (also called pigeon pea or arhar dal) in 500ml salted water, with 0.5tsp turmeric. Add a little more water if needed to ensure the dal are soft.
    Heat oil in pan and temper half tsp each of mustard seeds, whole cumin seeds, whole coriander seeds and about 5 crumbled curry leaves. Add half tsp each of ground coriander, a tsp of ginger paste and chilli to your taste. Cook for 5mins or so, adding a little water if it starts to stick.
    Tip in boiled dal and stir through the spices. Adjust seasoning and add a tsp of tamarind paste or a squeeze of lemon juice.

Variation …. after adding ground spices, add some chopped tomatoes, allow to cook for a few mins then add in the dal.

Will return to add some positives a bit later onπŸ€—πŸ€—

• posted by Verano
    on

THANK YOU Sunny. I always prefer a tested recipe. Will report properly tomorrow ….. keep well everyone.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just popping in with some positives ….
    1 Cut my hair this morning. Was so fed up with the ratty ends and with no idea how much longer I might have to live with them, I took up scissors myself! Looks tidier and OH says I did a good job😁
    2 Sunny day and OH managed to get the back of the house painted, even though it was very blustery.
    3 Lovely walk this morning and noticed my favourite tree – an old oak – is just beginning to come into leaf, so I’ll have to pop back in a day or two with my camera. Have been photographing it in different seasons and weather conditions for several years.
    4 Listened to an interesting short discourse by Mooji on keeping a distance from our thoughts.
    5 Pleaseant phone chat with Mum. It’s their 65th wedding anniv and Dad’s birthday this coming week and I wanted to let them know to expect a couple of packages from Amazon.
    6 Got tired of the same few jumpers and jeans, so dug to the back of the wardrobe, so I could wear something that hasn’t seen the light of day for awhile. Figured it would be nice to have a change and make a bit of an effort, even with the lock down rules.

Whatever you have been doing, I hope you have had so high points in your weekend and that you’ll find time to let us know about them.

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Happy reading all the positives. I have a few….

1. We completed the jigsaw i got for my dad yesterday. 100 piece we had made with a photo of birds on his bird table – far too difficult and so much green! Dad got cross with it but i was determined to get through it….and we did!! Delighted even though there is one piece lost….. its been on his dining table since new year so not entirely surprising!
    2. Hubby and I have started some outdoor spring cleaning. Lots to do and making good progress
    3. Spring cleaning included preening of my young horse – he look pretty special!
    4. We have some time off this week as it the week we were supposed to be heading off for big horsey competition…. but it’ll be nice to have some down time and get jobs ticked off.
    5. My levels of washing has dropped massively – i usually have work clothes, horse clothes, gym clothes and normal clothes on the go….. but im pretty much living in jodhpurs and a top that is presentable for work clothes. πŸ™‚
    6. Meditation is good for the soul!
    7. Today and tomorrow due to be ‘warm’….well 12 degrees …. with sunshine.
    8. I ‘ve been dabbling with a bit of running, been doing 3k once or twice a week….ran 4k on Saturday…. felt like a real achievement. I am definitely made for comfort not for speed!
    9. day 7 on plan! And motivation still high.
    10……. there’s gotta be a 10…… well frankly, family are all fit and well…this is a great thing!!

xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh very well done WINDYJULZ and DAD! Xxx frustrating tho,one missing piece! You might come across it when you least expect to!
    Wit will always thrive. Somebody sent me this.!

* Still haven’t decided where to go for Easter —– The Living Room or
    the Bedroom.
    * Half of us are going to come out of this quarantine as amazing cooks.
    The other half will come out with a drinking problem.
    * I used to spin that toilet paper like I was on Wheel of Fortune.
    Now I turn it like I’m cracking a safe.
    * I need to practice social-distancing from the refrigerator.
    * PSA: every few days try your jeans on just to make sure they fit.
    * Pajamas will have you believe all is well in the kingdom.
    * Home-schooling in my home is going well. 2 students suspended for fighting and 1
    teacher fired for drinking on the job.
    * I don’t think anyone expected that when we changed the clocks we’d go
    from Standard Time to the Twilight Zone
    * This morning I saw a neighbor talking to her cat. It was obvious she
    thought her cat understood her. I came into my house, told my dog…..we laughed a lot.
    * So, after this quarantine…..will the producers of My 600 Pound Life
    just find me or do I find them?
    * Quarantine Day 5: Went to this restaurant called THE KITCHEN. You have to gather
    all the ingredients and make your own meal. I have no clue how this place is still in business.
    * (My favorite) My body has absorbed so much soap and disinfectant lately that when I pee it cleans the toilet.
    * Day 5 of Homeschooling: One of these little monsters called in a bomb threat.
    * I’m so excited — it’s time to take out the garbage. What should I wear?
    * I hope the weather is good tomorrow for my trip to Puerto Backyarda . Getting tired of Los Livingroom .
    * DATING AD: Single man with toilet paper seeks woman with hand sanitizer for good clean fun.
    * Day 6 of Homeschooling: My child just said “I hope I don’t have the >same teacher next year”…. I’m offended.
    * Better 6 feet apart than 6 feet under .πŸ¦‹πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ’œπŸ¦‹πŸ’œ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Brilliant Yowser…. thanks for sharingπŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ€—

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello everyone ! I think it is time for some positives . …firstly you are an absolute tonic, Yowzer and you always make me smile ! Thank you xx

Here are a few more

1) Spring has arrived and everything is flourishing and blooming !
    2) I have developed a passion for FORAGING and am busy researching the treats that our garden holds for me !
    3) Nettle crisps are a firm favourite and my foraging book says nettles are more nutritious than kale !
    4) I am going to attempt a nettle juice with my extractor !
    5) It might all sound a bit weird but it’s exciting and FREE and I will be careful not to munch anything toxic !
    6) I am having a break from school work after putting more work online
    7) We had another great family MEET for my nephew’s birthday
    8) The local chemist kindly prepared hubby’s repeat prescription so it can be safely collected.
    9) We don’t need to go shopping for a while and have abundant greens !
    10) I found a recipe for vegetable bouillon and I had all the ingredients bar one but found an alternative
    11) I have been using nutritional yeast on salads, omelettes and soups, love it
    12) Hubby is happy because I stocked him up with red wine !
    13) We can get the washing out to dry !
    14) I am reassessing what is important right now, and the ironing is low down on the list !
    15) Friends here are being very kind and there is good community spirit in our little village
    16) Still about food…lactofermentation of veg seems a lot easier than I thought according to the Youtube videos so I am going to have a go at that too !
    17) My family, my boys are all well..that one has to appear every time I post positives !
    18) I am still making the effort to get dressed and my hair is still manageable !
    19) My youngest son has been enjoying setting up his website in his spare time. He has developed a passion for bird photography and it is a joy to see him enjoying his new hobby.

For anyone who would like to see some of his β€˜captures’ as he calls them in bird photography language the website is here. I hope your hubby enjoys them, Windyjulz !

http://www.oliverbirdphotography.com

20) Last but not least we are happy, healthy and I am proud of my boys xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thank you WENDY
    Loving the link to Olivers photographs..he β€˜s very talented and amazing!
    Wonderful fantastic photos..Really lifts the spirits to view them
    How fab to be a bird,not only you can fly,but you look effortlessly beautiful with your colourful plumage! X

• posted by WindyJulz
    on

Wow Wendy, what a talented son you have, and my hubby reckons he has a pretty special lens too! Brilliant photos, and so diverse. We have some lovely small birds here but nothing that exciting! The siskins who visit our bird table are lovely and we are treated to the occasional sparrow hawk and red kite, not a bird but we also have a family of badgers who visit the bird table.
    I’ve yet to be tempted to travel to Oz but we have family in Melbourne so maybe sometime we will get there.

Positives for today….
    – the sun is very shiny today
    – I think I persuaded my friend with real sleep issues to try meditation to see if it helps
    – dad has started a new jigsaw – it is much smaller and he is less grumpy about it!
    – food anxiety is nearly nothing……
    – today is another step down the tunnel to the other side of this virus situation….there will be a light and an end, we just cant see it yet

xx

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thank you for your kindness towards Oliver . I passed on your lovely messages this morning and he was really touched !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh and by the way my son is very gorgeous too but I am also very biaised πŸ˜‰

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    I am feeling perky because
    1) My second delivery of online goodies arrived today so we are well stocked with almonds, seeds , ghee, and some natural cleaning products which smell delightful.
    2) I found the most stupendous dark chocolate in a local shop but after I had worked my way through their supply they have never restocked much to my chagrin. Today I found their online stockist . The brand is EQUITABLE and it is 98% cacao and absolutely delicious ! I placed an order and was amazed to find they are located in SW France, not far from here ! Bonus …it might arrive without too much delay.
    3) I have my nettle passion confirmed as A GOOD THING because I have seen several articles extolling its benefits, rich in Vit C, iron and chlorophyll, so blood boosting ! Also high concentrations of calcium and magnesium and moderate amounts of Vitamins D and K.Nettles can also help with prostate problems. I even read this ..
    “Stinging nettle is a nutritious plant popular in Western herbal medicine. Studies suggest that it may reduce inflammation, hay fever symptoms, blood pressure and blood sugar levels β€” among other benefits.”

Wow…who would have thought it ..just a humble stinging nettle ??

4) Still with the nettles ( I am a bit obsessed !) My tray of nettle crisps was delicious
    5) I am hoping to try fermented veg soon
    6) Hubby had an entertaining Zoom Meet with his bar mates tonight
    7) He then cooked us a lovely meal of pan fried hake and kale
    8) I enjoyed my food today after my 38 hour fast . I can manage one a week, sometimes two if it’s a good week
    9) We have to go out briefly tomorrow but the pharmacy has prepared hubby’ s order so it will be a quick in and out
    10) We don’t have to print out our authorisations to go out any more as they can now be downloaded on our phones. I just have to work out where my phone hides them !

Lots of love everyone !

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Apologies for not posting positives yesterday. Wasn’t in the right headspace, but am back there now. Thank you Yowser, Wendy and Julz for contributing though …. it helps to know others are finding positives to share.

Positives for me today….
    1 Heard from a friend I’ve been worried about and pleased to say he’s okay.
    2 Braved the supermarkets today, the queuing wasn’t too bad and I was able to get everything on my list. Due to distancing, shopping did take twice as long as it normally would, but hey hi!
    3 As neither supermarket was particularly busy, parking was easy.
    4 Found some bargains whilst shopping – always a delight.
    5 Another sunny and fairly warm day … went out without a coat, just a long sleeve t-shirt and a light wool wrap.
    6 Dropped Easter eggs for grand children at daughter’s. Was nice to actually see her and be able to chat for a few minutes … her at the front door and me at the end of the path by the gateway.
    7 A neighbour’s cat decided to grace us with a visit today. Settled himself in the sun on the dining room carpet and had a nice little snooze 😸
    8 Made contact with someone I’ve not spoken to this year and we’re going to video chat on Friday.
    9 Some beautiful tulips in bloom in the garden.
    10 I’m so grateful for WhatsApp … what great way to keep contact with friends and family.😊

Please do come and share a positive or two, it so helps to keep us all uplifted to check out the positives others find, no matter how small.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Good to see you SUNNY!
    * spring is deffo here! Received a lovely photo from DD of her pussycat basking in sunny garden
    * DD has health probz and is starting to benefit from working from home for a few weeks…..no need to dress up or commute,just get on with her work,Pussycat usually trying to lend a paw 😻😻😻 Today she said she is feeling better than she has for ages
    * i had to laugh today,SIL is procrastinating,has a lot of marking to do…doesnt want to…
    So spent most of the day washing everything including a variety of spectacle cleaning cloths he had gathered up from round the house. Then he β€˜ sorted out all the Bags For Lifeβ€™πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
    * A neighbour knocked to ask if I was ok. We had a nice long distance cheery chat,joined by another neighbour who heard us chatting and came out.
    * Managed to lock myself out taking recycling to the bin. Thank goodness DD only a minutes walk away,and has my spare keys! Phew that was a relief!
    Thanks for all yr contributions guys!xx keep smiling!
    If you see someone without a smile,give them one of yours Xx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼
    This might bring a smile of recognition for those who grew up in Uk in the 50s/60s xx

Pasta had not been invented.
    “Kebab” was not even a word, never mind a food.
    Curry was an unknown entity. Indian restaurants were only found in India.
    The only vegetables were spuds, peas, carrots, turnip, cauliflower and cabbage. Mangetout and Pak choi were made-up words. Chilli was in South America and scotch bonnets were worn by old ladies in Aberdeen.
    A take-away was a mathematical problem.
    A pizza was something to do with a leaning tower.
    Oil was for lubricating your bike chain, not for cooking.
    Olive oil was kept in the medicine cabinet.
    Spice went in Christmas cakes ….Herbs were used to make medicine I think
    All crisps were plain.
    All soft drinks were called pop.
    Coke was something that we put on the fire, we never drunk it and we certainly didn’t sniff it.
    Ginger beer burnt your lips off when you stopped drinking.
    Rice was a milk pudding, and never, ever part of our dinner.
    A Big Mac was what we wore when it was raining.
    The microwave was a science fiction
    Tea was made in a teapot using tea leaves.
    The tea-cosy was the forerunner of all energy-saving devices.
    Tea had only one flavour, it was tea flavoured
    Figs and dates appeared every Christmas, but no one ever ate them.
    Coconuts only appeared when the fair came to town.
    Mayonnaise was called Salad cream
    Hors d’oeuvre was a spelling mistake.
    Dinner consisted of what we were given, and not negotiable.
    Only Heinz made baked beans.
    Leftovers went in the dog.
    The sauce was either brown or red.
    Eating raw fish was called madness, not sushi.
    The only ready meals came from the fish and chip shop.
    Frozen food was called ice cream.
    Nothing ever went off in the fridge because we never had one.
    None of us had ever heard of yoghurt.
    Brunch was not a meal.
    Cheese only ever came in a hard lump.
    If we had eaten bacon, lettuce and tomato in the same sandwich we would have been certified insane.
    Eating outside was called a picnic, not Al Fresco.
    Seaweed was not a recognised food.
    Eggs were not called β€˜free-range’ they just were, and the shells were white.
    Pancakes were only eaten on Pancake Tuesday – it was compulsory.
    The phrase “boil in the bag” would have been beyond our realms of comprehension.
    The term “oven chips” would not have made any sense at all.
    We bought milk and cream at the same time, in the same bottle, before you gave it a shake.
    Prunes were purely medicinal.
    Pineapples only came in chunks in a tin.
    We didn’t eat Croissants because we couldn’t pronounce them, we couldn’t spell them, and we didn’t know what they were.
    or Baguettes (see Croissants).
    Garlic was used to ward off vampires in films, but never to be eaten.
    Water came out of the tap; if someone had suggested bottling it and charging for it
    they would have been locked up.
    🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷🌼🌷

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer ……. a huge great β€˜THANK YOU’, I so needed a good laugh just at the moment!
    Hope everyone is keeping safe and well……

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Aah Im glad it helped V!
    Sending Mersey Hugs xxx πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹πŸ¦‹xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser … that was just brilliant, such levity is so what we need right now πŸ€Ήβ€β™€οΈπŸ€Έβ€β™€οΈπŸŽ‰ thank you for sharing those with us.

My positives for today are modest, but the great thing is I haven’t had any problem finding them, they were just ‘there’ …..
    1 First thing this morning, I opened our bedroom blind and the first pair of our House Martins were swooping into their nest!
    2 Two friends had sent me uplifting videos to start my day off well.
    3 Time in the garden, doing little bits and pieces and enjoying the warm sunshine.
    4 Discovered some tiny miniature narcissi blooming in the corner of a container… they’re too cute for words!
    5 My friend who had foot surgery a few weeks back, had her pins removed today and all is well.
    6 Fresh sheets on the bed today.
    7 Meditation …. It’s so important to me these days … almost as much a life essential as food and drink.
    8 With sunny weather promised for the next few days, the steamer chairs are now out on the lawn, ready for some relaxation in the sunshine.
    9 Two of the lilacs are showing signs of blooming.
    10 Tomorrow OH is going to start building the final cupboard in the bedroom.

Today has been a very pleasant and positive day for me and I really hope it has for you too. Do come and tell us what your high point was.

• posted by Bryla
    on

Oh Yowzer! Thanks for all the laughs! I wasn’t born until the 70s but many of those points do resonate with me.

Been a bit slack with my positives the last few days. I am finding that many of the small and big things I am grateful for are constant day to day, but I am still taking time to acknowledge them. However, of particular note:
    1. The dog had a bath (not all parties agree that this was a positive and both were physically and emotionally exhausted afterwards).
    2. My crab apple blossom is bursting out and is the most beautiful pink and cream that reminds me of strawberries and cream. I could almost take a spoon to it!
    3. I don’t have any warmer weather clothes that fit (I’m sure that wouldn’t make sense as a positive many places other than here).
    4. I ordered an exercise bike before social distancing measures came in and while I now feel guilty that it has to be delivered, I couldn’t help but be excited to see a despatch update. I miss having a pedal in the gym of an evening.
    5. I am now so bored and repelled by the media frenzy that I haven’t been tempted once to look at or listen to news today. Much better for my mental wellbeing.
    6. Had a lovely walk with the hound this evening in soft, balmy air with just the birds singing for extra company.

Thanks to everyone for sharing all your positives. So uplifting!

• posted by Plumptious
    on

Thank you so much.! Made me laugh especially as it was all true in my childhood. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HELLO everyone! X
    Some lovely springlike positives,make me feel so happy πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

PLUMPTIOUS! I like yr name! And yes,all true of my childhood too.
    I miss coal fires and making toast on them..tasted so different from toast made in a toaster or on the grill!πŸ˜‹
    And was so nice to stare dreamily into the flames ( and get corned beef legs…does anyone remember that from sitting by a real fire?πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„. )

ο»Ώ* DD and SIL have just brought me a nice treasure trove of shopping from Marks ( other shops are available!)
    * Including a little can of G n T,which Im sipping,ice and slice,..well it IS after 5 pm and its nearly Easter 🐰
    * Looking forward to 8 o clock to clap the NHS ..so grateful to them and not forgetting the shopworkers,bus and traindrivers,delivery people,and everyone else still working despite the danger to themselves πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½ Wild applause! X thank you ! X
    * Friend sent me this …πŸ’–

Strength
    You are hereby declared a strong, resilient warrior of heroic proportions. Enjoy your battles, whatever they are, because you’re guaranteed to come through them stronger, brighter and more compassionate. (And probably with great hair and a six-pack.)

* I like this quote….”Be a Warrior not a Worrier” ..(wise words! )πŸ’œ

* Enjoy your Thursday ..soon be time for some Easter goodies ( its the law!) xxxxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Ps hope this gives you a little chuckle..just received it in an email….

Do you have feelings of inadequacy?

Do you suffer from shyness?

Do you sometimes wish you were more assertive?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, ask your doctor or pharmacist about Sauvignon Blanc.
    Sauvignon Blanc is the safe, natural way to feel better and more confident about yourself and your actions. It can help ease you out of your shyness and let you tell the world that you’re ready and willing to do just about anything.

You will notice the benefits of Sauvignon Blanc almost immediately and, with a regime of regular doses, you can overcome any obstacles that prevent you from living the life you want to live.

Shyness and awkwardness will be a thing of the past and you will discover many talents you never knew you had.
    Stop hiding and start living.

Sauvignon Blanc may not be right for everyone.

Women who are pregnant or nursing should not use it. However, women who wouldn’t mind nursing or becoming pregnant are encouraged to try it.

Side effects may include dizziness, nausea, vomiting, incarceration, erotic lustfulness, loss of motor control, loss of clothing, loss of money, loss of virginity, delusions of grandeur, table dancing, headache, dehydration, dry mouth, and a desire to sing Karaoke and play all-night rounds of Strip Poker, Truth Or Dare, and Naked Twister.

WARNINGS:

* The consumption of Sauvignon Blanc may make you think you are whispering when you are not.

* The consumption of Sauvignon Blanc may cause you to tell your friends over and over again that you love them.

* The consumption of Sauvignon Blanc may cause you to think you can sing.

* The consumption of Sauvignon Blanc may make you think you can converse enthusiastically with members of the opposite sex without spitting.

Please feel free to share this important information with as many people as you feel may benefit

• posted by wendleg
    on

Yowzer !!! You are very naughty….and we love you !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The sauvignon blanc thing made me smile 😁😁Yowser. Do you think it applies to Rioja too?

A few positives for today….
    1 Got up feeling physically below par this morning, but thankfully that passed by late morning.
    2 That revival was helped along by a qigong session, a practise which I’m really enjoying.
    3 Pinged lots of messages back and forth with a Turkish friend today.
    4 Treated my finger nails to a mini manicure.
    5 Another lovely warm sunny day.
    6 Beautiful bird song this evening.
    7 OH has almost finished the last cupboard for the bedroom …. yippee!
    8 Lovely long video chat this afternoon with a dear friend.
    9 Easter card arrived from my folks.
    10 Dined on a lovely selection of roasted veggies this evening ….. delish!
    All in all a pretty good day😁 hope your day has been full of positives too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.