Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Izzy
    on

thank you Verano and Caronl 🙂

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone, I haven’t posted for a long time but have been lurking for the past fortnight. I had great success on BSD in 2017, losing 23kg and successfully maintained for more than a year but after my two children’s weddings I stopped being so vigilant and I think I’ve put on about 5 kg in the past year. I’m going by hope my clothes fit because I don’t want to weigh myself 🥺

Anyway I’m back now and being very careful and hoping that second time around will be as smooth as the first time. I certainly don’t want to go back to where I was.

Positives- after having to evacuate with the Bush fires here in NSW my niece and her family have been able to go back home and hopefully their crisis is past.

The gardenia cuttings I took a year ago have just had their third re-potting and are still alive 😊

I’ve been looking after my granddaughter (9months) each Friday for the past month and last week she put her arms around my neck and cuddled into me, the first time ever. Awww. Made my heart melt.

All the positives I read on this page make my day! Thank you all.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Bit early for me to post positives, but wanted to drop in and offer a welcome to you Mariet. I’m sure with some focus, you will be able to get back to target weight.

There is a weekly thread that proves very useful in helping to keep one on track, so please do consider joining, I know you will be very welcome.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Positives for today …
    1 long phone chat with my folks, now that they are back from their Norwegian cruise. They had a great time.
    2 made a yummy curry for dinner this evening.
    3 lots of familiar names are returning to the weekly thread on the forum.
    Did you have a positive today?

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning! Welcome back Mariet.
    I so need to find positives at the moment so here we go …….
    1. Sorted out taking a mobility scooter away yesterday. I’ve never taken one on holiday before and one airline, who shall remain nameless but have a wonderful reputation, made life very difficult. It took an email and three long phone calls to organise!
    2. Started a mountain of ironing …. started so I’ll finish …. today!
    3. Have managed without chocolate for two days, day three underway and feeling very ‘positive ‘.
    Hope today is full of positives fir everyone.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Thanks for the welcome back, sticking with the principles and I’ll wait for a bit of slack in my trousers before I weigh myself.

Positives-
    My boss has said I can start and finish work earlier if I want so I can leave at 4 and enjoy the summer evenings- win!

In March I had a heap of cyclamen seeds accidentally germinate, I’ve babied them all over winter and though some didn’t make it I have six new plants that look like they’ve grown tubers. Maybe next winter they’ll flower.

All my family over two states who were in the path of bushfires over the past few days are ok with properties in though several are still in evacuation centres. So thankful they are all right.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all. A few positives from me:
    1) Had a dry dog walk this morning, after being drenched yesterday. Despite the wet, it was really funny to see a labrador puppy discovering deep puddles. Big mess!
    2) On my fourth day without wine. And sleeping better as a result.
    3) Gearing up for the next load of washing. So much easier than in our mothers’ and grandmothers’ day nést-ce pas?!
    4) Like others, so pleased to see more oomph on the website. We can do this!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Glad all your people are safe, Mariet. Scary time for you all. Like you I have some seeded cyclamen, which so am hoping will eventually be productive – fingers crossed.
    Caronl, you are so right, we should be grateful for the technology that means we have an easier time caring for home and family. I too have been working through back logged laundry!
    My positives fir today are ….
    1 exchanged chatty messages with our friend in India.
    2 my pledge to do a little exercise each day this week, has been effective … so far.
    3 really delighted to see so much more traffic on the forum again, especially seeing posts from so many ‘old timers.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

First to post some positives for today. Hope someone will join in later, but for now, here are mine ….
    1 some waxing today, nice to be pampered a little.
    2 was grey but no rain all day!
    3 still have roses in bloom in the garden – last vestiges of summer.

• posted by Izzy
    on

hi everyone 🙂

I finished a painting that’s been sat about half done for over a year.
    I took some funky pictures of ice formations on my morning dog walk
    I went to a spoken word open mic night last night and read out 2 poems, which was terrifying but I did it 🙂

• posted by caronl
    on

Good for you Izzy. I hope the painting is in pride of place! No roses here SunnyB, but fuchsias and salvias still going well, so enjoying those.
    1) Enjoyed watching two red squirrels this morning. Even though they are usual in mainland Europe, it still feels special to see them after all the grey ones in the UK.
    2) Saint Nicholas has arrived on his steam boat allegedly from Spain. Cue lots of excited happy children and traffic chaos! Still enjoy these traditions.
    3) Today is the day for bulb planting – tulips, alliums and crocuses. The positive is anticipation of how they will look next Spring, all being well.
    4) More wine-free days under the belt (or not if you see what I mean).

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Weekend check in time ! Hi everyone !
    Stay safe Mariet…worrying situation I know. Sending big hugs to you and anyone else coping with the threat of bushfires in Australia .
    So one positive is that we have just had rain here in SW France. It is pretty grey and miserable some days but no flooding in our area.

Went to aqua gym today for my usual Saturday class and my plan now is to arrive in time to have a session in the hammam and the sauna. Not sure what it is called in English…a salt cave sauna ?? Very relaxing gazing at the golden hues. I then followed up with my exfoliating olive oïl treatment and felt very energized and smooth !! The class was great too !

I have bought some preloved winter coats , one was brand new and is very warm faux fur, perfect for an English Christmas. The other fluffy jacket was in excellent condition and feels very snug and cuddly for my early morning drive into work. These French brands would normally be well out of my price range so I feel quite chuffed !

Betty our kitten is thriving and still up to all sorts of tricks which keep up entertained !

Hubby has had a haircut and looks much tidier 😉 He hasn’t had any more health scares thank goodness.

We have booked a week in Valencia in February .

My yoga teacher is going to be offering relaxation/meditation classes to kids in school to help them manage stress etc and I am really pleased about that.

Went to the farm yesterday and bought 3 magnificent , just picked lettuces !

I think my major positive is my relationship with my body right now .We have made friends and quite like each other.I am still surprised when I look at my silhouette in a full size mirror. Something is definitely changing and I think I could maybe in the 10 stone bracket by the end of the year. Not showing off …but I am proud of myself for sorting myself out after starting at 16stone plus .

It’s Saturday night and Strictly will be on soon 😉 I don’t get out much 😉 but am quite happy having a relaxed evening in front of the fire with two cats on my lap 😉

Wishing you all a lovely rest of the weekend xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see you posting again Izzy. Completing a long standing project is a great achievement, hope you are really enjoying the painting now that it is finished.
    Oooo … a holiday to look forward to, Wendy, how lovely! So glad you and your body have made friends and you’re feeling good about it.
    Hope you got your bulbs planted, caronl.

Weekend positives from my little corner of the world ….
    1 two days running with no rain here …. definitely breaking a pattern!
    2 conducted a Reiki session for son’s new partner. It is really interesting that the nature of the direct feedback when giving Reiki, can still surprise me in the way it manifests – fascinating.
    3 OH passed his electrical upgrade exam with flying colours – 93% pass mark.

Hope everyone is finding some positives during their weekend. Please share one or two of them here …..

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi. I hadn’t realised I’d not posted for so many days. Lovely to read all your positives. As usual, all this bright news brings a smile to my face.
    I must admit I’ve struggled the last few days but then I’m always a bit uptight just before we go away on a long trip. Nonetheless I do have some positives …..
    1. Saw my beautiful granddaughter this morning for the first time in several weeks and she’s talking! Always a problem when children live in different parts of the country, or even more so the world.
    2. SunnyB your talk of Reiki, which I’m a real fan of, reminded me I do need to get back to my meditation on a regular basis. I’ve had Reiki myself which I found great but when I was seriously ill I had ‘telephone’ reiki, amongst other prayers from most denominations, they all seemed to do the trick! So yes I’m a fan!
    3. Wendy I love your idea of ‘making friends with your body’ that has given me a real ‘uplift’. Think it’s about time my body and I had a serious chat.
    Hope you all had a good and positive weekend.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for your comments on Reiki, V. I’ve been thinking I need to revisit meditation too – perhaps I’ll make that part of next week’s pledge on the weekly thread. Glad you had some time with your granddaughter, those are such precious moments.

Okay, well here are a few positives from me …..
    1 Yet another dry day today and sunny for part of it too!
    2 Found a lovely earring and necklace set whist shopping today, to be a belated birthday gift for a very dear friend we’ll be visiting this coming w/e.
    3 Made some delicious ‘tandoori’ cauliflower last night and there’s some left over for tonight too yum!

If you can identify a personal positive from the last few days, please tell us about it.

• posted by Izzy
    on

hellooo

1. I managed to get ‘morning pages’ done on several mornings the past week.
    2. I made cauli and bean soup and my son like it 🙂
    3. I lost 2.5lbs

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Well done on that discard, Izzy. I’d like to be posting the same myself, but I’m only 0.8lb less this week than last – in the right direction though!

Positives from me today are ….
    1 made two different lots of lemon pickle for Christmas. Still have fig preserve to make.
    2 almost got the copy for the village newssheet finalised. Will just need a little tweaking tomorrow and then I can print it.
    3 managing to hold a threatening cold at bay, with plenty of vit c and Echinacea and First Defence.
    If there are any positives in your life, please consider sharing with us here.

• posted by caronl
    on

1) What a glorious Autumn! Just finished a walk through the woods with our blonde labrador (nearly 6 months already!), and two golden retrievers. Shafts of sunlight, clear leaf-strewn puddles, steamy panting doggy breaths….. what’s not to like!
    2) My banana-free zone is being violated by home grown fruit on one of our banana plants. Interesting to see them emerge.
    3) Managed my first pledge day without salted peanuts…….
    Have a good day one and all.

Well done SunnyB on getting your newsletter done. I am sure it is much appreciated. Keep fighting that cold!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello everyone.
    I’m in a bit better of a ‘wasteland’ at the moment and am not sure where I’m going.
    I don’t mean to advertise, sorry, but I came across the article below and was blown away by the sheer common sense …..
    https://tinybuddha.com/blog/learning-to-love-your-body-4-steps-to-self-care/
    1. So my first positive is the article above.
    2. Lists drawn up and starting to tick off achievements towards packing ….. feel in control!
    3. A little early but I’ve drawn a line under 2019 and have started a brand new journal for 2020. I’ve spent too much time living on past ‘glory’ which has been gradually chipped away over the last 17 months or so.
    4. New journal, for the new year, with new realistic goal, ready to go!!!
    In the meantime …. just keeping on keeping on.
    Hope everyone is feeling positive…. I’m sure it’s really not that difficult to find just one positive a day ???

• posted by wendleg
    on

I have just read the article you referenced, V and I totally agree. I mentioned recently that my biggest positive was ‘making friends with my body’ and it really does feel like we are at peace after years of dissatisfaction and discomfort.
    I honestly do think we have to be good to ourselves and nourish our bodies and that ultimately leads to natural healthy choices. It takes a bit of time but it is such a relief when the struggle ends.
    I now use body creams to moisturise my skin which were never part of my routine. It feels good to have a relaxing sauna or hammam and feel I am pampering my long neglected body. I can complete my yoga session at ease with the way my body is responding rather than feeling uncomfortable and hindered in certain postures.
    This Week has been tough after lives were tragically lost when a bridge collapsed, just a few kilometres from here. It makes you very vulnerable, how lives can be shattered in an instant.
    So yes, we have much to be thankful for . My family ( and the cats) are safe and well.
    So I intend to look ahead with a positive attitude. 2019 is not over yet but 2020 will be a landmark year for me and I am looking forward to a new pace of life. I am healthier and feel better about myself than I have done for years and that has got to be positive !
    It’s never too late to be good to ourselves and make health and well being our focus.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the good wishes Caronl. Fascinated by your banana plant fruiting!
    V, you are sounding very organised, both on the packing front and planning for the coming year. Haven’t read the article yet, but will certainly be doing so.
    Wendy, what a horrible shock having such a disaster happen at such close quarters. Things like that certainly give pause and reflection on the fragility of life. Glad your family is safe.
    Positives from me today ….
    1 made some yummy almond and seed crackers.
    2 Grandson sent me pictures of his thriving venue flytrap, which seems to have a flower bud.
    3 treated myself to a new orchid, a little spotted one – shush, don’t tell OH!
    If you have only read the posts on this thread and never posted, how about telling us about one of your positives?

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi V, thank you for posting the link to the article. – I wonder if the change in season is part of the reason people have replied that they are also contemplating where next, or if its just one of those topics that isn’t talked about until some starts a conversation. – I feel that those of us who had a lot of weight to loose were probably comfort eating which suggests that we need to also work on alternative activities to nurture ourselves.

I had my final assessment with the weight training program yesterday and that has given me some positives to share.

The body scans are showing that I have low levels of fat around organs.
    The muscle tests show that I have continued to gain both strength and power both during the period of doing a formal weight training program and just by being active over the summer.
    I still have a high level of body fat which is spread fairly evenly across my whole body under the skin. Which confirms that I have the potential to get my weight down to my target weight, and gives me a whole new area of research to focus on the best ways to activate burning of that fat. A couple of quick searches online has already indicated that there is data on the benefits of anaerobic exercise at targeted heart rates to maximize the bodies ability to burn fat. I have already been researching the different options on heart rate monitors that I can use when swimming.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Wendy you are so right and so fortunate to have made peace with your body, not sure I ever will. A lifetime of being dissatisfied with the reflection in the mirror won’t change overnight and may never end but I’m giving it my best shot.
    JGwen really interesting thought. I think that because I’m away soon almost to the end of the year I feel it’s ‘time’ to contemplate a new start. You have wonderful results from your program. You are doing so well, just keep on keeping on …….
    SunnyB thank you for keeping this thread alive time and time again. I, for one, really appreciate it.
    So for my positives ……
    1. Hairdressers today, cut and coloured and feeling good.
    2. Manicure and pedicure so looking good.
    3. Have packed my 90% so when it comes to dessert I can have coffee and a couple of squares ….. well that’s the plan!!!
    Will check in as and when …… just keep positive…..

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi everyone..I’m posting on a couple of threads so I hope u don’t mind me jumping in on this one too..
    A few positives for me 1: I have returned to this WOE and I’m going to make it my life now instead of just doing it till I lose what I needed to ( as I did a couple of years ago)
    2: I’m feeling great after just 2 days of not eating anything nasty ie: bread, pasta,chips etc.
    3: The sun is out and my garden is full of roses and with the slight breeze their perfume is spreading throughout my lounge room it’s gorgeous 🌹🌹😁..
    4: My fur baby is looking at me and I’m sure she’s smiling because we are about to go for a walk.🐶
    5: My new laptop has arrived 👏💻⌨️
    Ok I’d better go and take this girl for a walk before she starts to feel let down..have a great day/ night wherever u may be ❤️

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to have you with us Waitaminute, we love to welcome newcomers to this thread, hope you’ll post more positives soon.
    V – sounds like you are all ready for the off, have a really wonderful time on your travels.
    JG – well done on your results following the training programme, it all sounds very positive.

My positives right now …
    1 Great w/e with friends, lovely to catch up in person and spend time together.
    2 Feel like I am finally making headway with the whole Christmas gift thing, still some to cover off, but making progress at last.
    3 Making some labna from some excess kefir, looking forward to having that with some almond and seed crackers for tomorrow’s lunch.

Do you have a positive you can tell us about?

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi Verano I just read your tiny Buddha post thingy and wow!! It hits home on so many levels. There’s no way we would speak to a loved one the way we talk to ourselves,and definitely not to our children the way we inwardly think of our bodies .That article was so inspiring..thank you so much for putting it out there xx. From now on my body and I are calling a truce 👍❤️ that’s my positive ☺️☺️

• posted by Verano
    on

Waitaminute so pleased you found the article useful ….. so did I! I even keep it permanently on my iPad so can refer to it as needed.
    So now I’m in a lovely warm climate, with an occasional tropical downpour, but blessed with many positives, too numerous to mention.
    Just wanted to check in, say ‘hello’, wish our American friends ( who seem a bit slim on the ground at the moment), a very happy a Thanksgiving and hope everyone keeps finding ‘positives’ no matter how small.
    Will keep reading and posting as and when.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Wendy, lovely to hear that you are treating yourself well

My positives are
    My cousin is coming out of severe depression, and planning his life with enthusiasm. This is something I am supporting him with, and changing his WOE will be part of it I hope.
    I can play with my niece’s little girl, dropping to my knees without thinking how shall I get up again!
    I am staying within 2kg of my lowest weight, no swelling calves or high blood sugar.
    I am so glad that I have the support of this forum, we really have changed our lives for the better.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sounds like you are enjoying your trip V.
    Some lovely positives there Patricia and I’m sure your on going support of your cousin, will be very imuch appreciated, as he transitions to a new norm.
    We have been visiting with OH’s cousin and his wife and their two friendly Springer spaniels in Cornwall this w/e, which has been lovely. Other than that nothing much to report here right now, as I feel my grasp on BSD slipping at the moment. Desperately need to find a way to refocus and get rid of unwanted extra pounds.
    Anyway, it’s not all doom and gloom, so will keep looking out for those positives. What are yours?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Feeling much more in control and positive today, so in early with some positives …
    1 The scales were kinder this morning than I thought they might be – still a gain, but at 0.8lb, much less than I thought it might be.
    2 Found out the heated steering wheel in the new car is absolute bliss on a cold day! Didn’t even need my gloves on.
    3 A few more things ticked off the Christmas list and wrapping will commence this evening.

Is there something positive in your life? Please share ….

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi all, heated steering wheel sounds great SunnyB..it’s supposed to be summer here but I think someone forgot to mention it to the weather..it’s freezing and blowing a gale outside.
    Some positives..I just got back from babysitting my 2 grand daughters, and got to spend time with my grandson. Gotta love grandkids ❤️❤️
    I’ve still managed to discard 500g even after not sticking to this woe whilst I was away.
    It’s snuggly warm inside and I’ve got a good book to curl up with ☺️📚📖 so that’s what I’m off to do.
    Have a great day/ night wherever u may be ☺️ ❤️

• posted by Verano
    on

Just like to keep in touch and help keep my favourite thread going!
    Well just about to move on to Singapore…… so love that place!!
    Anyway , it’s so good to see that a few of us can still find the positives in our lives. Please try to find just one positive in every day because it really does lift the spirits! As s-g says ….. ‘keep on keeping on’ ….. we will keep finding the ‘positives’ ……

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Oh V, I’m sooooo envious!!! Singapore is one of my very favourite places, but I have to wait until 2022 for our next visit. Have a brilliant time – I’m sure you will.

Positives from me today …
    1 lovely meeting last night, with the Friends group for our village newsletter. We get together three times a year for a drink, chat and a few laughs.
    2 turkey ordered, so one more thing ticked off the To Do list.
    3 present wrapping commenced, ready to deliver the first batch of presents this w/e.

What positives have come your way?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Quickly dropping in to post positives, although the family has been shocked by some sad news. However, now is the time to look for any positive, however small.
    1 spending the w/e with daughter who lives furthest from us. We only get to see her 4 or 5 times a year, so it’s parricularly special to be with her.
    2 The last 2 days have been sunny and forecast is looking good for today as well.
    3 exchanged messages with friend in France yesterday, good to know he is doing okay, even though he recently had to fold his business.

Look for those positives in your day and please come and tell us about one or two of them.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi SunnyB. I am sorry to hear that you have had sad news. And wishing you well.

1) Looking forward to a lunchtime concert – and it is free! I really enjoy losing myself in music.
    2) The dog is better – I shall not go into gory detail, but it wasn’t very nice!!
    3) Back home from England and looking forward to making the house Christmassy this weekend. Fingers crossed that the dog doesn’t eat the Christmas decorations……

Have a lovely weekend everyone. x

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi. Sorry you’ve had bad news Sunny but great that you can still find some positives.
    Well, Sunny, I have some wonderful photos of orchids which I’ll try and post when I get home. Caron looks like we are the three musketeers at the moment! So my positives ….
    1. Singapore was due to be very wet and thundery according to the forecast but so far so good ….. just few spots of rain here and there.
    2. Loving this long break …. just about half way through!
    3. So pleased that this thread is still continuing especially as it always lifts me when I’m a bit down.
    Hoping everyone is having a good weekend.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

I am very sorry to hear you are struggling with bad news SunnyB — sending you cyber hugs.
    Verano, have a wonderful trip to Singapore! What fun, way down on the equator — Orchard Road is always spectacularly decorated for the holidays and so pretty all lit up at night!
    Caron, good to hear you are enjoying the season and the puppy hopefully isn’t eating your tree decorations.
    We are having an early snow season in the Sierras — we have feet of snow already and more forecast for this weekend BUT the snow level is sort of high and rain is falling below 7500 feet elevation (2300 meters for the rest of you!😜). Our house is just about at that elevation so one side of the deck is raining and the other side is slushy snow — pretty funny and easy to shovel.
    My positives:
    1.) it is almost the solstice! I love the solstice, the weird dark days and the quietness and then the feeling of the miracle of the sun coming back and spring on its way. I always feel the solstice as something deep in my soul
    2.) I’m going back to Bristol for a week next week, then on to Austria for Christmas — the Bristol part is a work related trip but the Austria part is all holiday — only bad part is missing my family but we just had Thanksgiving and we will have New Years
    3.) both dogs got a fancy bath by a groomer (ha ha not ME in the bathtub) and they look so pretty and I’m enjoying their light fluffy selves and the absence of knots and dirt. Especially our Australian shepherded got so tangled whilst he was in England with all the water and rain. I sort of lost control and we had to shave his belly but he is so much happier
    4.) I’m skiing almost every day — good for BSD maintenance (but sadly not enough to eat cookies, what the heck, even skiing doesn’t give me any license). My insulin system is hearty and healthy — I’m still having black tea for afternoon snack in order to keep it in check. Ah well, I try to remember that a healthy appetite is a sign of health.
    5.) a GREAT read for the solstice is a book I just finished — couldn’t put it down — it’s “Mawson’s Will” by Lennard Bickel — fantastic story of an Antarctic exploration with a nutritional mystery involved! Super fascinating!
    Best from, Julia

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you for the kind words Verano and Caron. It’s the kind of news rhat will take time to assimilate, more so for some than others, but still looking to find those positives.

I’m guessing you have been to the orchid gardens, V. They are stunning aren’t they. Glad you are being given good weather and are enjoying your extended break.

Hope you got your Christmas decs up okay, caron and your furry companion is behaving.

For me, the positives are ….
    1 got a few more things ticked off the Christmas gift list.
    2 been good to spend time with OH and daughter, without OH having to tackle a list of DIY chores!
    Struggling for a third one today, but hope others will post some themselves soon.

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi all, sorry to hear u had bad news Sunny. Hugs to you. Glad your fur baby is better Caronl, they are a worry at times.
    I’m very envious of you all that are on holidays to different parts of the world..enjoy and go back home relaxed and ready for Christmas you lucky ducks ☺️☺️.
    I’ve been super busy working in the garden
    , Still got heaps to do, my positives are
    1: the garden is taking shape and is looking great.
    2: Summer has decided to show herself ☺️
    3:I’m feeling great..thanks to verano’s little Buddha post👍☺️☺️my body is now my friend ❤️
    Well I’ve got a fur baby to walk then it’s back into the garden.
    Have a great day/night wherever u may be ☺️❤️

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello, last post from Singapore….. yes Julia the lights are wonderful it’s a great city. Skiing and snow all sound magical and I will definitely take a look at your book recommendation.
    Hopefully we are off to some sun tomorrow for the next 12 days …. we will see!
    So to my positives …..
    1. Rained here today but gave me time to pack.
    2. Re-read my Little Buddha post above and have a new mantra ….. deep breath in and out …. will this food make my body healthy…… if not leave it out!
    That’s it from me for today …… keep on finding positives!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh yes V, I love that mantra

“deep breath in and out …. will this food make my body healthy…… if not leave it out!”

Time for me to post some positives. I always love reading this thread .

Busy at work but only 2 weeks to go and 6 months before retirement ..eeek !!

I am planning a celebration to mark the occasion at the local village hall and I will enjoy making arrangements. We got married there 10 years ago and it will be lovely to remember that happy day too !

My son arrives in Paris on Thursday ….can’t wait to see him . I am stocking up on all sorts of goodies he has missed . I went to collect a selection of pâtés and duck produce from the local fam today.

The anticipation of two weeks with family in the Uk and I get to meet up with Kazz again too !!! It’s great both being from the same part of the Uk !

I am enjoying wearing my pre loved fluffy jackets , keeping me warm and snuggly during my early morning drive.

Three deer crossed the road in front of me last week on my way home but I saw them in time !! Phew !!

Betty our kitten is thriving although a couple of my decorative vintage pots got smashed as she leapt up onto the bathroom shelf. No point getting upset, they are just things. I can seek out replacements next summer 😉

Hubby is also healthy, no more scares .He is unfortunately unable to resist crisps and other snacks he sneaks into the house !! He is enjoying lots of festive meals right now . Today was the walking group meal …hearty French fare !

That’s not bad going ? It is so important to stay positive, and I will keep reading and checking in xx

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Hi all,
    Wow Wendleg great news for both you and the deers, could have been nasty.
    Singapore is on my travel list..hubby went there on a stop over to Italy for work a couple of years ago and was quite taken by it, sooo hopefully one day…
    I love that mantra Verano ☺️☺️❤️.
    Ok positives for today..
    1: I have discarded 1kg 🤸🤸🤸 even with a couple of slip ups 😁😁
    2: Chrissie shopping is all but done..just need something for my dad who at 82 is a bit hard to buy for because he says he has everything and doesn’t want anything 😞
    3: hubby starts his new job today and he’s so excited 👍👍which makes me happy.

Ok I could probably go on but the garden is screaming out my name sooo I’m outta here.
    Have a great day/ night wherever u may be ☺️❤️

• posted by Waitaminute
    on

Where is everyone ????..seems to be quiet on the forums 😕

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry, family matters and the whole Christmas thing has been swallowing up my time. Have been stressing about how under prepared I am and have just found out OH has arranged to work ALL of next week, so I can’t expect any help from that quarter!

Anyway, there are some positives I’m sure, so here goes ….
    1 only have a part present left to buy, to have completed my Christmas gift shopping …. phew!
    2 have finally managed to connect with Allie on WhatsApp … yiippee!
    3 met grandson for coffee early this evening, which was lovely. Chatted about his job, girlfriend and his upcoming birthday. He seems so much happier than he was a few months back … so pleased.

Come on folks – let’s have at least one positive from YOU!

• posted by Verano
    on

Well thought I should post while I watch the election results coming in! Wonderful positives everyone. Wendy you must be so excited about seeing your son so soon …. or has he arrived now? Anyway enjoy!
    Waitaminute this whole forum has been quiet this year compared with past years. Don’t know why. I still find it helps remind me what I should be doing even when I’m not always doing the right thing.
    Ahh, Sunny where would this thread be without your dogged determination to keep it going. Thank you.
    So to my positives…..
    Having a very relaxing time with no thoughts of the coming festivities!
    What more can I say …….
    Keep positive!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi V and everyone
    Busy week at work..one left to go so less time to post but yes V my son is on his way .On the last stretch Shanghai to Paris as I type this.Ironically he will probably have more trouble getting out and around Paris than flying from Melbourne ! .Strikes continue here.I am slightly anxious about my flight out to Stansted, hoping it is not affected but I will stay positive.

More Positives ? Report meetings all done.Just parents to meet now. Long days mean fasting for me and I am presently doing one of my extended ones.

So looking forward to seeing my son and the rest of the family in the Uk. French goodies are all bought and hubby has a nice stash of wines to take but I refuse to allow myself to get stressed about presents.

Our lovely concierge has decorated the school entrance in spectacular fashion and it is a beautifully cheering sight as we drive up in the morning.
    Betty hasn’t smashed anything this week !

I am wearing a silly snowman jumper with matching earrings 😉
    Enjoy the rest of your holiday, V !!
    Waitaminute ..I am always around even if I post less frequently at busy work times.I am in this for the long haul so you can count on my support !
    lots of love to everyone xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

After your kind words, V, I feel quite guilty not to have been around for a couple of days! Things have been a bit busy though, so focus has been elsewhere, on pre-Christmas stuff.

When do you see your son, Wendy? Hope you have some wonderful family time on you UK trip – sure you will have a great time.

Well, positives from my little corner ….
    1 present wrapping completed today – PHEW!
    2 younger daughter has now confirmed she and her family will join us for Christmas dinner.
    3 have started to make an effort to include more mindful moments in daily life. Too early to say if this is making a positive difference, but figure it can’t be detrimental.

Hope everyone has had a weekend packed with positives. Take a moment to identify at least one and then come and tell us about it …. please.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Merry Christmas lovely UK!
    I am back in Bristol for a couple of days and it is so fun to see the winter festivities, the Christmas market and Gluhwein stand, the crackers in all the stores and the shoppers everywhere. We go to London for two days after this also on business but then it’s a week of holiday.
    Everything here feels just as we left it, although sadly I don’t have time to go back to Bath and see our house we rented. I waved hello as we passed by on the train.
    Positives for me are a pot of hot Early Grey after a cold walk along the river, happy lines of shoppers getting ready for the holiday and English accents again in my ears!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

And Merry Christmas to you too, CG and welcome back, enjoy your sojourn in the UK. Will you still be here for Christmas, or will you be home again on the other side of the pond? Wherever you are, have a great festive season.

Positives from me for today …
    1 progress made on sorting the house ready for guests next weekend. Kitchen has been tackled and laundry brought to within one load of up to date.
    2 Christmas wrapping stuff removed from the living room and last of the decs put up.
    3 shopping list started, ready for the final food shop before the main event.
    So, generally feeling less panicky about the upcoming festivities, now that blitzing the house has commenced.

What positives have you got to report?

• posted by wendleg
    on

I just sent a message on the thread but it has not appeared !!! 🙁
    Hope you have a lovely return trip to the Uk , Julia !

So…last Week at school and my biggest positive is leaving for the Uk on Saturday and being reunited with my son !!! 2 weeks holiday, not having to get up at 5.30 am, just relaxing !! Bliss !!
    I am looking forward to just chatting and catching up with my family !

Another positive ….enjoying the luxury of double/clotted cream !!! I don’ t miss many foods..but cream, definitely. I sort of enjoy the novelty of shopping in the supermarkets . I won’t be in the least tempted by the sugary biscuits and junk but it will be nice stocking up on a few things , happy in the knowledge I don’t have to worry about luggage allowance as hubby has the car !
    I am taking a few jars of fermented veg with me as I have no idea if they will be available in the supermarkets ? Think sauerkraut but with beetroot, black radish and red cabbage ?
    I also like the coffee shops ! I have been known to ask for a topping of whipped cream on my Americano at Caffè Nero !!!
    When I get back in January Spring will be inching even loser !!!
    Feeling happy !!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.