Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks for the info V, so its the brand beginning with P ending in I …. would buy some while it’s reduced, but I’ve just splurged quite heavily on some perfume, so will have to defer the purchase of the throat cream for a little while. Will definitely give it a try at some point though.

Like you Allie, I look in the mirror and think, ‘Mmmm, not too bad’ and then I see this crone on the computer camera and realise the truth! I’m constantly adding in lotions and potions to my skincare routine, but I know of course, that I’m fighting a loosing battle. Everything is succumbing to gravity!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Today has been another difficult one, as OH is still in a lot of pain and really struggling. I’m determined to find some positives though, so here goes …..
    1) Bought all the celebration cards needed for birthdays etc. happening between now and us returning from Turkey – another thing ticked off my list.
    2) Laundry up to date for once, having sunny days means I can use the washer with great abandon, as it will use our solar generated power.
    3) Final batch of plants arrived, so another mini gardening session this afternoon. Refreshed a couple more containers and got all the new plants planted up too. Really enjoyed my little break in the garden, on a fine spring afternoon.

Hope whatever you have been doing today, there have been some definite positives for you too.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon and a very sunny one it is too!
    Sunny yes starts with a p and ends in i. I am now trying the eye tightening serum not sure it will help me but will report back next week. Sorry to hear about the pain your OH is suffering. I wonder if I may ask if he is taking the painkillers he has been given? It seems to be a ‘man thing ‘ but they often wait to see if the pain has gone before taking a tablet rather than just topping up the medication as directed. If he is taking the medication as prescribed then I do hope he improves soon but if not maybe he needs different pain killers.
    So to my positives …..
    1. I have had to return some dresses I bought online because they were too big! Result!
    2. Have organised another trip for June so now making up for the trip we had to cancel!
    3. Enjoyed an Indian meal out a few nights ago and found a great replacemen for my usual chicken tikka …. spiced grilled sea bass ….. it was lovely with a zesty salad dressed with a minty dressing. Now I can enjoy Indian food with even less ‘guilt’.
    Have a good day!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone.
    Sunny I hope your O/H is feeling slightly better today ? In my experience men don’ t cope well with illness.
    V, so pleased you are making plans for your trips ! So much to look forward to .
    It is not easy to find good Indian restaurants in this area ..that will have to wait till the Uk visit coming up. We have good Chinese/Vietnamese food though.
    We are enjoying some gorgeous bright, sunny days , warm enought to sit outside for a Wednesday lunch. The garden is looking sprightly and rejuvenated !
    I have been wearing a couple of my ‘ vide dressing’ /pre loved items and feeling quite buoyed because they fit (!) , look nice and cost next to nothing …all positive.
    Can I just say that Lidl and Aldi in the Uk got very favourable reviews for their skin care and make up ranges which were shown to be as effective as high end ( Liz Earle and La Mer)

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/shortcuts/2019/mar/20/aldi-beauty-dupes-makeup-designer-brands-reviews

https://www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/fashion-beauty/a23862404/lidl-anti-ageing-serum/

I will defininitely be seeking them out ! I think you have got the message that I am a Lidl fan !!

• posted by Verano
    on

Wendy we are also fans of Lidl we always buy our nuts from there!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thank you V and Wendy for your enquiries, OH is more mobile and in less pain today – he even came out with me this morning, when I went in to our local town to do some banking and grab a few things I’d forgotten on the last shop. Yes, he’s taking his painkillers …. because I’m enforcing the schedule! The Bowen treatment he had yesterday has made a huge difference as well though and he’s no longer in constant pain – phew!! He has another treatment on Monday and I suspect the therapist will want to see him again at the end of next week as well.

I love Lidls too – its the only place around here that I can get Kaleletts and their cheeses and smoked salmon are really good quality and good value. Can’t go in there too often though, as it’s definitely the sort of store you go into for one or two things, then spot a few bargains and suddenly your £50+ down when you get to the tile – or is that just me?

That’s a great reason to have to send clothes back V. Where is it you’re off to in June?
    I’m a huge fan of ‘pre-loved’ clothes too Wendy – I buy a lot of clothes in charity shops and on ebay. I’ve never really been a fashion follower, preferring to go with my own style, so I don’t mind if something is considered dated, if I look good and feel good in it that’s good enough for me. Actually, one of my favourite dresses is a Monsoon one, which I confess I did buy new, but it’s now at LEAST 25yrs old. There was of course a period of maybe ten years, when I couldn’t wear it due to weight gain, but I’ve always loved it and soit had remained in the wardrobe ‘just in case’. Now of course it fits better than ever and I’ve been wearing it on holidays again for the last couple of years and will continue to do so.
    Sorry, this post is getting a bit too long … so quickly, positives for today:
    1) OH on the mend and much less grumpy …. life beginning to return to normal.
    2) Another lovely spring day and a bit more gardening done – a little light pruning of the Himalayan honeysuckle this time. While I was out there, I noticed that there are already some buds developing on a couple of roses.
    3) Ordered a few more plants today … yes I know – how many more?! At this rate, I’m going to have to buy a couple more containers, but I’m really enjoying seeing the garden developing.
    Enough from me … what are your positives for today?

• posted by Verano
    on

Good afternoon!
    Sunny we are going back to the Canaries in June. Just at the moment I’m only happy in places/hotels I know but I’m sure I will be more adventurous in the not too distant future. In fact I have my eye on a cruise for December but just need to persuade OH he actually does like sea days!
    My positives…..
    1. We are off for our ‘trial’ weekend tomorrow and I must admit I feel fine so it’s not really going to be a trial.
    2. Lovely early Mothers Day flowers arrived yesterday.
    3. Managed to find some simple black patent sandals. It’s wonderful to be able to buy shoes now without thought.
    Have a lovely weekend and Happy Mothers Day to all mums!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The Canaries sound just fine to me, V. Enjoy your trial w/e away – I’m sure you will – we’ll be looking forward to hearing about it on your return.
    Positives from me today ….
    1) OH very much better today, we ventured into a local town as I needed to look for a gift for youngest grandson and we though it would be an opportunity for a walk around and a coffee. He’s coped really well today and is regaining his sense of humour, so definitely returning to normal.
    2) I did it – bought two new planters for the garden … AND more plants! They were all a bargain though, so couldn’t be resisted ….. six fuschias for £3.99 from Lidls, planters from another store, but very sensibly priced.
    3) Looking forward to another w/e pottering in the garden and creating a new mini-flower bed. Also planning to start organising things for packing for Turkey.
    Feeling much less stressed and peaceful than I have the rest of this week, which is a great way to go into the w/e. Hope you all have a weekend packed with positives.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

I just found this thread and I love the idea so I’m jumping on board! I also recognize a lot of the names so feel I’m in good company. My three for today:
    1. I’ve just discovered that I don’t count fiber so I can add a whole lot more veggies!
    2. I’m almost up to date on my Spanish study
    3. I made very successful cauliflower pizza crusts last night for dinner (although had eggs and avocado on top) so I’m adding to my repertoire!

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all,
    1) Just back from a lovely walk with a 5 month old golden retriever. We found a lovely castle surrounded by moat, daffodils, wild flowers and trees exploding into green. I love spring!
    2) After quite a struggle, I am reverting to back to basics from today. Feel relieved to be restarting.
    3) …although significant challenges lie ahead with a trip to Vienna later this week. I will fill up with art rather than Sachertorte!

Have a good week everybody.

• posted by On a mission
    on

Just checking – have I read that you can minus your fibre intake from your carb intake to work out your true carbs? Or have I just made that up?

• posted by alliecat
    on

It depends what country you are in, OnaMission. In the States, our nutritional labels list Total carbs, then fiber.
    We subtract the fiber from total carbs, to arrive at net carbs. In the UK, this has already been done for you, so
    you don’t subtract the fiber.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hello positive peeps !
    I hope your weekend went well, V and you are losing any apprehensions for your June trip.
    Glad you are feeling more settled and less stressed, Sunny and that your hubby is getting back to his normal self.
    Good to see you back with us caronl ! I think you are forewarned now about the challenges of venturing away from home and you will cope admirably with Viennese temptations !
    Hi Kafin ! Yes, this is a nice thread to dip into , especially if you are in need of some uplifting comments.
    My positives : I survived April Fools Day at school ( always a challenge with feisty teenagers 🙂 )
    Another beautiful sunny day here with temps of 20°
    I wore a very vibrant apple green coat/cardigan today which was perfect to dispel any Monday blues. It was also admired by colleagues and pupils . Hard to miss me in it 😉
    Wishing you all a happy, successful week whatever your aims.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Kafin, good to see you here, I’ve never tried the cauli pizza base, but I made some yummy cauli mash today, with garlic and a dash of horseradish, to use as a cottage pie topper. Hope you’re doing okay and that joining us here will help to boost your mood a little.
    caronl and On a mission – pleased to see you both on this thread too.
    wendleg – I love wearing bright colours too and your apple green sounds wonderful – what were the earrings? Yes, OH is progressing pretty well thanks. He had another Bowen session today and seems to be more fluidly mobile. He’s been advised to increase activity, so I’m hoping by the end of the week he’ll be close to normal. He has another therapy session booked for next week and I’m giving him Reiki as well …. determined to have him close to normal for our Turkey trip.
    Okay, well some positives from me today ….
    1) Top of the list … OH is much more his normal self.
    2) Little bit more achieved in the garden today – one new pot planted up and a start made on clearing the area earmarked for a new flower bed. It’s much more seriously over grown than I thought, so will take a bit more effort than I’d originally thought.
    3) Couple of nice charity shop purchases today – black and white leaf print cropped trousers and a brand new beige and grey cardigan with asymmetric hemline … total cost £7!!!

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Today was a rough day mentally but here are mine:
    1. Even struggling with my depression, I’m lucky to work from home so I can be easy on myself
    2. Albert Nigel, my one-eyes black cat snuggled all day. He’s very intuitive!
    3. I did’t go get binge food even though I wanted to

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Hi Kanfin, cat cuddles are just lovely aren’t they? well done for not bingeing.
    My positives are
    1. i didn’t burn my soup while i was writing too much on the other thread.although i just got there in the nick of time.
    2. its cold and overcast today so when i go for my walk / run i won’t look like a beetroot.
    3. I finally found Halloumi ( and discovered how high it is in calories ) and have a lead on Kale.

and most importantly
    I’M STILL DOING THIS.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    Weekend went well thank you Wendy. In fact my first positive ….
    1. Had a lovely weekend and mobility proved no problem at all. No fears about further trips now especially as I now know my limitations.
    2. Two weeks to our trip and so I’m now busy writing lists and crossing through as I go along.
    3. Let life run away with me a little over the weekend but back to the grindstone now. One interesting revelation was with wine. I’ve not been drinking wine lately and I had a small glass of white, well didn’t, because I found it really unpleasant. Back to fizzy water with ice and a slice for me!
    On a mission, Allie is absolutely right about ‘nutritional labels’ but fresh vegetables and fruit etc don’t have the fibre subtracted in the UK you need to do that yourself. ….. I think!

• posted by On a mission
    on

Morning all,
    My positives this week:
    1) feeling better this week and now have 2 weeks off – yeah
    2) weight is back where I was after being ill and back on track.
    3) Had a lovely mother’s day and off to Edinburgh at the weekend – mums and daughters weekend.
    Have a great week everyone.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

H Sunny 🙂 I too have had two MOST successful shopping expeditions to charity stores this week 🙂 Im in Oz and fortunate for me . . . have collected a FANTASTIC English garment, a David Barry Capecoat – (reversible) – pillarbox red on side, camel-black-red plaid the other for . . . AU$20 – PLUS today, a lightweight sweater still with the $89.95 swingtag for $9.95, a thigh length, 3/4 sleeve lightweight knitted overshirt in black and white multidirectional stripes 🙂 $3.50, and white sleeveless “long” cardigan/vest with waterfall draped fronts . . .also $3.50. Both latter items, great for over a longsleeved shirt in between season changes 🙂 5 more days before sailing off to NZ . . . and Im most grateful that FINALLY a little excitement has arrived . . . even if it is only a tiny tummy butterfly at the moment 🙂 Im beginning to wonder if it is because this is a repeat visit, or my bucket list is almost completed 🙂 (Glad Im not swimming or flying across “The Ditch” as we affectionately refer to the Tasman Sea :)) . . hahahahah!!) Quack Quack!!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good day to all 🙂 I’ve been away from this thread for days, and I’ve missed it! I seem to be losing some of my
    time management, skills….There is a real buzz in the air, with so many travel holidays on the horizon for
    all of you. I feel as though I’m under house arrest! I will be living vicariously though.
    V., I’m happy to hear that your weekend test to determine how your mobility challenges are progressing was a
    positive, and hopefullly puts to rest any concerns about your upcoming trip to the Canaries. Another cruise?

I hear cash registers ringing everywhere, as we all seem to be updating Spring wardrobes! I did considerable
    damage to my wallet this weekend, too. I went a little CRAZY, in fact! An open weave sweater, t-shirts, tunics,
    2 pairs of cropped pants, and multiple necklaces and beaded bracelets! What earrings are to Wendy, I think
    bracelets are to me. Oh Dear! Also, a fabulous jute tote, that may be large enough to use as a suitcase! The
    justification for all of this “excess” was a 30% off 1 day flash sale, plus free shipping.

#2: I’ve officially ended soup season until next Oct., and my 13″ tall heavy soup pot is now back in the cupboard.
    Asparagus season is underway, and I’m wondering if any of you have fresh recipes that I might try to expand
    upon my repertoire? I will have to search for crustless quiche ideas to bake in muffin tins, too.

#3: Beginning Spring cleaning early this year! Every year I vow to complete it before our weather turns
    abruptly hot, and then my determination is out the window. Ah, the scourge of procrastination!

Sunny, I’m glad that O/H is turning the corner with his back problem. It would be a shame if you had to
    postpone your trip! More on this coming via email. 🙂

Happy positive Tuesday!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi allie! The new wardrobe pieces sound EXCITING! You are heading to the sunshine moths . . . we are well into Autumn with rain, lower temps and a damp chill factor taking some getting used to with last week having delivered heat and humidity! Re quiche 🙂 I use minced steak/ground beef for the “loner” of the deep muffin tins. (6 reservoirs a tray). I season the meat with whatever is available . . curry powder, bush spices, flavours from grilled steak “shaker” jars. Divide the mix int 6 . . . line the reservoirs . . . (thinness is trial and error 🙂 I then chop (any variation, or all the following) – bacon, tiny tim tomatoes, brocollini tops, shallots/leeks or onions, capsicum, a few green peas, dividing these evenly between the casings. Then I whip three eggs, with a little each of milk and cream . . . sometimes add garlic here for a bit of a punch! – ( I know such can be an acquired taste). This mixture then gets drizzled into each to top up – within millimetres of the rim. Then I top each one with a small mound of shredded cheese – (of choice or availability!) – sprinkle with chilli flakes and put in the oven for 25-30 minutes . . . These freeze VERY well and last a few days in the fridge 🙂 Great with hot extra vege’s or salad 🙂 Every time I do them they are different – because of what was available when cooking each batch 🙂 Quack! Quack!

• posted by alliecat
    on

This recipe sounds very versatile, as well as forgiving, Duckie. I particularly like the idea that these can be
    frozen, too. I know that our oven settings will be different, but should I bake them in a slow, moderate or high
    setting? Do I have to use meat for a casing? I’m wondering if a slice of proscuitto di parma might work?
    Thank you my friend. Will give this a try 🙂

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Allie, you don’t have to use meat to line the base. I use stir fried slices of radishes as the base, their taste changes completely if they are cooked. – I use one of the silicon trays, so a little grease before putting the ingredients in which can be anything you fancy, and then top with the egg mix. Its really easy to get them out of the silicon trays. I used a tray with bite size ones to make a plate full to take with me to an event. Or a tray which just 6 moulds for meal size options. – Just look up any recipe for Spanish omelette or frittata for advice on cooking temps.
    ——————-
    1. Spring is finally here. – The horses are happy picking grass in their fields in preference for munching through their hay nets. – So I have made it through winter will a little hay left over for emergencies in the Summer.
    2. I had a little panic this morning. I spent time yesterday re-enforcing the fencing in a little paddock before putting 2 goat kids into it, but this morning there was no sign of them when I peaked over the gate. – A quick walk around the adjoining fields showed no sign of them. So went back to the paddock for a more detailed search and realised that they were curled up asleep together in their shelter.
    3. Just finished a 46 hour fast.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’ve recently done something similare Duckie, but I lined mine with thin slices of chirizo and used brocolli, tiny cubes of cheese and finely chopped shallot as filler. You’re right, it’s a recipe that can be endlessly tweaked, so that no two batches are identical.
    Kafin – love the name of you cuddly cat. They are such intuitive creatures. I remember as a child, our family cat would keep you company if you were off school sick – she was a bit greedy for bed space though and one often found her with the lion’s share, whilst teetering on the brink yourself!
    V – so pleased your w/e went well and has dispelled any reservations about future trips. Like you, wine doesn’t sit so well for me these day …. unfortunately whisky, gin and tequila still hit the spot though.
    On a mission – have a wonderful time in Edinburgh, it a lovely city.
    Duckie and Allie – that sounds like a quite a shopping haul for both of you, but you so deserve to have something new and exciting to wear. Allie, I confess spring cleaning is something that rarely happens in my home … shameful, but there it is. Have a wonderful visit ‘across the ditch’ Duckie.

Here are some positives from me,
    1) April has brought it’s showers in early, but the plus of that is I won’t need to water the newly transferred plants today.
    2) OH drove today for the first time since his back injury and has gone out this afternoon to do one small electrical job and assess another, so he is truly on the mend now.
    3) Looking forward to handing over my booking secretary responsibilities in a couple of days, at which time, I can focus completely on our upcoming visit to Turkey … yippee!
    Keep posting those positive everyone.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m glad that you found the kids, JGwen! Sharing your rural life is endlessly fascinating.
    Silicon moulds! Now, that’s an inspired idea. I will buy some. Thank you both for the suggestions and clarifications.
    I’m excited to “wing it” and give the egg cups a trial run! I think this is THE answer until time rolls around for salads
    again.

• posted by Verano
    on

Allie I bought two different sizes of silicon molds a couple of months ago and they are a revelation. I use the larger ones for portions of stewed rhubarb or tomato sauce and when they are frozen I take out the cubes and put into freezer bags. Then I reuse the trays for other delights! The small ones I only use for ice.
    In two weeks we have a Caribbean cruise! Really looking forward to it as we’ve not been there before.

• posted by alliecat
    on

You’re all just great! Thanks so much for the recipe ideas and tips! O/H teaches 2 late classes during the week,
    and never wants a complete dinner when he gets home. These single serving egg cups will be perfect 🙂

V., I didn’t know you were off to the Caribbean! I thought it was the Canaries again… Tell me what islands you
    will be stopping in! Perfect time of year, too.

• posted by Verano
    on

Allie the Canaries are June!
    The islands are Aruba, Curacao, Bonaire,, Grenada, St Lucia, Antigua and St Barts ….. so excited!!!!!!Hope I’m not disappointed but to be honest just looking forward to some sunshine!

• posted by alliecat
    on

The only of those islands that I’ve visited, V. is St Barts. I think that you will be seeing a wide range of economic
    conditions as you travel around! We’ve been to Puerto Rico, Nauseau (mispelled!) and Bermuda multiple times
    as far as our island hopping goes, as well Cancun, Mexico. Will have to try a cruise one of these days! It’s been
    a long winter for you, so I’m SO pleased that you have a new adventure to look forward to! 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hi everyone !
    Had a bit of a shock today as my portly hubby had his blood test results and he is DIABETIC according to the blood glucose figures of
    1.26/l and 6.93mmol !!!
    He has to make an appointment to see the doctor and take action. He agrees to ask to try to address this with dietary changes rather than (yet more) medication and I am on his case . He knows and enjoys low carb foods as he often cooks for me but it is going to mean sacrificing his wine/beer/whisky amongst other sugars and hearty carbs. It’s a wake up call. He is carrying a lot of weight on his belly . I believe he will take the diagnosis seriously and I will let you know. I do see positives in most things and I do believe this will urge O/H to address his weight and improve his health. I will let you know.

A definite positive is that a family gathering is planned for the upcoming holiday for a simple registry office wedding for my niece who doesn’t like fuss ! It is in the Brighton/Lewes area and we are planning a house let for all of us for 2 days ! Looking forward to that !
    I also completed a 38h fast this week.
    I will catch up properly tomorrow folks xx

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

Oh Wendleg, I sorry to hear about your husbands results. He couldn’t get be in better hands though, with you to guide him. Hopefully this will be his wake up call and he can turn his results around. I fear my OH is heading the same way, he has a lot of business lunches and loves his booze. Whilst I’m trying to educate him about healthier choices it’s hard to change. He is eating better at home now that I am adopting new habits but he stills sees it all as a bit of a joke.
    Enjoy your upcoming wedding

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi allie! and fellow BSD’ers 🙂
    I cook my quiches in gas oven setting around 150-200 – 20-30 minutes 🙂 Seeing I dont kow about unversal ovens and heat settings I found this online 🙂
    (Took this from the web for comparisons of heat etc..) –
    For example, a cool oven has temperature set to 90°C (200°F), and a slow oven has a temperature range from 150°C. A moderate oven has a range of 180–190°C and a hot oven has temperature set to 195–225°C. A fast oven has a range of 240°C for the typical temperature.
    Re the proscuitto, I guess that would be a tasty option, as would bacon, ham, perhaps minute (thin) steak . .? maybe hollowed out zucchini sections . . . Im a bit of an experimental cook . . . and as I live alone only I KNOW what works and what has “failed” . . . 🙁 (Well . . . failed to do what I bid it do that is – and probably/only because it wasnt designed to do what I thought it MIGHT be able to do!!!) – !) Another quick offering for OH may be . . . some “savoury mince/ground beef) – with spices, diced leek or shallots, a little diced bacon etc., tossed around in a frying pan . . . then boxed. Can be eaten hot or cold with the packaged prepared salads as a base . . . 🙂 And another quick go to for me when I arrive home late – a portion of Atlantic salmon – takes 2-3 minutes steamed in its pouch, from frozen, to being flaked through a salad 🙂 or steamed cauliflower with grated cheese and baby spinach. Quack Quack 🙂

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    Allie yes I assumed that. I’d forgotten but around 24 years ago we were in the Dominican Republic and we’ve also travelled in parts of India and certain areas in the East which are also economically challenged, for want of a better expression. Believe me the ‘ back streets’ of Goa, and the main areas in Mumbai, leave a lot to be desired. I doubt I will see anything I’ve not seen before!
    Wendy, don’t panic Diabetes isn’t the ‘death sentence’ we have been led to believe. There is plenty living proof on these forums and in the numerous scientific studies which show that this disease can be reversed. Your husband’s blood sugar isn’t that high and because he has just been diagnosed he will be able to reverse it. If giving up all alcohol will be a issue the the beer, liquid bread, needs to go first, but a decent glass of red should be OK. Most men have never dieted before so they tend to do really well with this way of eating. My husband’s blood sugar was similar and he is now down to thr top end of ‘normal’ without medication and he has even come off one of his three blood pressure pills! He now eats a good quality bread one morning a week with breakfast and has rice occasionally but he no longer drinks his one beer a night, or eats sweets or buscuits. You have the tools to help him so no panic. In the meantime enjoy your family celebration.
    So to my positives for yesterday……
    1. Had a friend here for dinner last night which was lovely but even better was the fact that I’m able to entertain again without too much trouble.
    2. Lovely flowers from my son.
    3. Poor day for food choices yesterday but they were ‘choices’ and today I will choose better options!
    Have a positive day!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Morning guys🌹

I am loving this thread and what an amazing idea! I have laughed out load at some of them and oohed and arr’d at others.

My three for today are as follows

1. Having all you guys and being so warmly welcomed into the community

2. I have dropped 7lbs already.

3. Getting up not aching and being able to send my gorgeous son of to school with a healthy hearty breakfast in his tummy, not a processed carb insight😍.

I could write down so many more, but these are for this morning.

Quick question though the recipes are fab how do you guys save them off of a thread?

Have fabulous day to each and all. Birdy

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Wendleg, you can comfort your husband, and get him into the WOE and safety. Isn’t it amazing that there is a good reply to, what is going to happen?

I’m planning a holiday in Sardinia in May with my sister, I have been there before and have so much to share with her.

Birdy76, I copy them to Google keep app and add photos and update the recipe as it develops.

My positives:
    1. My sister is responding well to her meds to reduce the leg clot.
    2. Sardinia!
    3. 3cm off my middle in last week.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hello Birdy 🙂 Youre in good company here – of recent times, . . . (I hope I remember them all) . . . we have a budgie, an owl, turkeys, me . . . the wood duck, so welcome to bird of a feather 🙂
    Wendleg – your OH couldnt be in a better place to rectify his blood issues . . . all the very best to you both.
    V have a wonderful holiday!
    Whoever it was ho lost their “Kids” . . oh wow I read someone else’s reply first and saw “glad you found your kids” and my heart went cold!!!
    Positives for me . . .?
    *Just heard a longtime friend can come visit before I embark on the NZ cruise this Sunday – (just 4 more sleeps away 🙂 but who is counting . . .?) Means items I had for handover can be delivered before I go away and can be ticked of the “to do” list! and I think this was the last if not only one of two 🙂 Currency, documents all sorted . . . bag packed awaiting the lid being zippered.
    *Miniature flower Camellia bush is flowering profusely after all the rain last week .
    *Bills and household “stuff” sorted before for the trip – so no late fees or unexpected dramas on my return.
    *Best haircut Ive had in AGES, is sitting beautifully with little effort!!! YEAH!!!
    Quack! Quack! to all the gang . . . and if I dont get a chance to post between now and my return – please stay safe and focused everyone but remember . . . . HAVE FUN with something or someone because this isnt a dress rehearsal 🙂 Life is for living!!! Quack! Quack! Hugs and love to all . . .

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Have a wonderful cruise and time away Duckie – I will think of you leading pompom practice on deck and I may have moved on the turkeys scale by your return!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks for all your positive, supportive comments everyone. I have a very lovely hubby who also has a pretty stubborn streak when it comes to food and drink. If I suggest something might not be the best option his remark is often ‘ but it’s tasty ! ‘ There is an expression in French which sums him up beautifully.He is a ‘bon vivant’, ie loving his life in France, loving all the wine and good food, loving the socialising in retirement !

He will be sensible though and I am hoping he will be able to reverse his diagnosis.As you say V, lots of people on the thread have been successful and I will make sure he joins them. I hope your hubby is careful Skipping . Tell him about mine !

• posted by wendleg
    on

Patricia1066 we also have a week in Sardinia planned ..for early July.First time for us so I would love to hear of any useful tips. We are starting in Olbia ( cheapo flight from Toulouse) and then moving on to Alghero (hopefully on public transport 😉 )

• posted by alliecat
    on

Duckie, it MUST have been horrifying to read my post “I’m glad you found your kids”…..It was actually a response
    to JGwen’s comment about 2 baby goats that she thought had gone missing on her farm, and were safely found
    and no harm had come to them 🙂 🙂 🙂 Wishing you clear skies as you sail out of the harbor on Sun.! Have a
    fabulous trip, and return to us with all of your usual insights. No quacking ducks here for awhile…Bon
    Voyage!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Lots of trips being planned.Have a great time everyone. Duckie we will miss you on the forum ! Wow, a Caribbean cruise V! Fabulous !
    Have a great weekend in Edinburgh, Onamission .My nephew is studying there and the poor thing is always freezing cold as he is of Greek origin !!
    Have a great time in Vienna, caronl !
    Turkey is getting closer Sunny B !
    Positive today is that I only work half day on Wednesday so I can have a snoozette 😉

• posted by Verano
    on

WoodDuckie have a wonderful time I’m sure you will.

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Hi Wendleg, shall we start a new thread on holiday fun?

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

There is a drive in Backroads Italy, Bosa to Olbia, which might give you ideas if you plan to hire a car.

I don’t know Olbia, but that is an area I will be exploring soon, especially the archipelago della Maddalena.
    The guide recommends staying in Cannigione, or Porto Cervo. Up to date hotel recs can be had by checking TripAdvisor.

However, it’s easy to drive to Alghero and base yourself there, taking trips to Costa Smerelda, Nora, Santa Teresa di Gallura and on opposite direction, Bosa and Monte Minerva.

Your interests will guide how long you spend in any area.

Wine tasting is easy to organise in Alghero and Bosa. The Strada della Malvasia di Bosa or Sella e Mosca just outside Alghero.

Beaches are superb everywhere, but around Alghero I love Maria Pia. It has a stretch of pines framing the white sand, and good swimming. There are beach restaurants and loungers and umbrellas, or you can shelter from the sun under the pines. Alghero is 30 minutes walk away. Alghero is a town with a medieval wall and considerable charm. Many tours and boat trips leave from the harbour.

• posted by wendleg
    on

I will set up a Holidays thread Patricia so as not to ‘intrude’ on the Positives thread too much !!

• posted by wendleg
    on

I set up a Let’s talk about Holidays thread , Patricia !
    I have questions about Sardinia !

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

Great, I copied the travelogue into the brand new thread.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’m really loving that this thread is so active these days and that a good number of new posters have found their way here too.
    wendleg – sorry to hear the news about your OH blood results, but as others have said, you have the tools to help him tackle the problem head on. I guess the beer has to go, but whisky is actually carb negative – yes, alcohol hinders weight loss, but the occasional little tipple shouldn’t hurt too much. I’m a huge fan of a good single malt and find the occasional tiny tipple very satisfying. Anyway, it’s great that you are looking for the positives in the situation and I’m he will soon be able to turn things around, because you will be setting him on the right path.
    Duckie – sounds like you are all sorted and ready to roll. Have a brilliant time and we’ll be waiting to hear all about your adventures.
    My positives for today are ….
    1) Another couple of things ticked off my to do list and only one new thing added!
    2) Looking forward to a meal out this evening. It’s a thank you for the work I’ve done over the last five years, as booking sec for our village hall, so feeling quite honoured.
    3) Have decided that as OH was too poorly to properly celebrate his birthday a couple of days ago, I’m going to plan a BSD friendly celebratory meal for us on Friday as a surprise.
    Keep posting those positives everyone.

• posted by Kafin13
    on

Enjoy your NZ cruise, WoodDuckie and wave hi to my mum!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Ok so even though I am feeling down today due to a lack of sleep I have my three positive thoughts!

1 since midnight last night I have done 12629 steps and 10 flights of stairs!

2 I refused a cadbury’s Cupcake at work last night and had cooked chicken instead.

3 I weighed myself today and I have still lost 7lbs since starting this WOE!

Thank you ladies and gentlemen for all your guidance and chats over this week so far. Good luck to you all as you are all amazing.

Birdy💞

Please log in or register to post a reply.