Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Violinist – it’s completely something that I might have written about, given my strong connection to Turkey but no, sorry not this time. I’m not aware of any issues at Istanbul Airport recently and so am not worrying about my Turkish friends or their families/friends in its connection.
    JGwen – I really laughed out loud when I read you comment on the sock eating monster! It’s so true – where the hell do all those socks go?
    Bit too early for me to be posting positives for the day, so I’ll try to pop back later to do that, meanwhile, I hope others will be posting some positives to keep us all buoyed up.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Oh JGwen!!! Im rolling laughing at the washing machine sock monster . . . yes standard on most models I believe . . . and most can attest to having a bag in the laundry where all the singles are housed awaiting partners . . . rarely do they seem to find them πŸ™ But the idea of re-purposing/finding a use for the orphaned/divorced/widowed single socks!!! ??? . . .WOW! Thats gold!!! ( I have seen home garden fruit trees with the (still green) fruit housed in socks to deter fruit fly πŸ™‚ The drooping adornments look quite comical but are (apparently) effective!!!) With some people fascinated by socks and liking individual quirky outspoken choices . . . reckon there could well be an opening for a business actually . . . Watch out e-bay . . . maybe high prices could be gained if someone else has the other half of a much-loved pair. Sock dating sites. The possibilities are endless . . . and 8+ hours sleep last night might just have fried my brain with such ridiculous ideas being issuing forth with a dose of my quirky sense of humour drizzled over . . . Have a great weekend! Quack!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

There are companies that sell sets of odd socks, Duckie, so why not group together odd socks of similar pattern/colour/design and wear them anyway, but I do like your ebay ‘sock match making’ idea!

Didn’t get back here to report positives yesterday, so I’m going to report some now ….
    1) Lovely evening with OH last night. Quite a simple meal, but I was very pleased with the results – white negroni cocktail, escargot in creamy roquefort sauce, trout fillet with chirizo crumb and veggies, oozy chocolate fondant with double cream and couple of glasses of Chateauneuf-du-Pape. OH’s company and conversation for the evening. Oh … and dancing in the living room, to a couple of our fav tracks.
    2) Unhurried and relaxed start to the w/e this morning.
    3) Already ahead on hydration today.

Have a wonderful, positive filled weekend everyone …. and when time permits, please pop in and tell us what your positives have been.

• posted by wendleg
    on

SunnyB your meal sounds very sophisticated, very posh indeed ! I am glad you enjoyed the evening with O/H. You sound a very happy, solid couple who delight in each other’s company, wonderful.

My lunch was very enjoyable too and I ate my chocolate fondant very mindfully ! Such occasions are quite rare and are to be treasured.

I went to aqua gym today and came back feeling very invigorated. It was a lovely drive to the pool as the sun was shining. Just before I left my hubby took me on a tour of the garden which is really perking up now. He showed me his secret snowdrops and crocuses and also little wild violets and orchids which are emerging .

Spring is my favourite time of year, can’ t wait ! It’s a joyous time .

Another positive : O/H is making a mussel dish tonight !

Hope everyone is having a good weekend !

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks wendleg, I do my best in the kitchen and last night everything came together very well, which is not always the case. You’re very kind – like all couples we’ve had highs and lows, but yes we’re pretty solid and do delight in spending time together ….. and right now life is good.
    I love spring too – snowdrops and daffodils are two of my most favourite flowers. Hope you enjoyed your mussels this evening …. had some of those when we were in Calais last w/e – yum!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

SunnyB, your β€œhouse party” with your OH sounded wonderful! And the menu was incredible! Make sure to remind your OH how lucky he is!!
    I have a sort of crazy positive today β€” it is my 63rd birthday today and I am back in the Sierra Nevada in California where we had an EPIC snowfall last night β€” about five FEET of snow overnight β€” it was impossible to get out the front door this morning without a snow shovel and my poor little Sophie, twenty pounds of dog courage, just sank into the snowdrifts. I was so worried she would disappear that I made her stay on a leash so if the snow collapsed, I could follow the leash and save her!
    So the funny part is that I am here alone, my OH had a job interview in (no kidding) Bristol, England, so he is in Bristol and I am literally snowed-under in California!
    What a wonderfully nutty birthday!!
    For those who might not have been here, my OH lost his long-time job when his company underwent a new CEO/new team switch last spring. Allie remembers!! So we sort of just started retirement β€œovernight”.
    But, there is a competitor to the company OH used to work for, and they have asked him to interview for a job, so he is there until Tuesday.
    There is no way to predict what might come of this, but I love how crazy the whole story has become!
    And, as I am in maintenance, I am going to eat chocolate cake for my birthday tonight and consider it all good!
    Tomorrow, back to BSD! I feel so much healthier eating BSD-friendly β€” it just feels β€œright”.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Happy Birthday Julia !! Stay safe in the snow ! That IS crazy to imagine you stranded in the snowy, aptly named Sierra Nevada and O/H in Bristol ! I like Bristol.It’s a very vibrant city. It was one of the favoured locations for our school trips.

Let us know how the job interview went …..my mind is working overtime !!

Today was a gentle, relaxing day. Lovely conversation with dear friends and England beat France at rugby . My colleagues will not be happy tomorrow !!

Looking forward to another positive Week with Spring inching ever closer !

• posted by Verano
    on

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Julia! Hope you had a wonderful day and enjoyed the cake! Your snowy scene sounds wonderful to someone who would be quite happy to look at the scene through a window!
    So yet another week starts …. and that is my first positive.
    My daffodils are showing signs of yellow buds.
    I’m one week further on in my recovery and reducing pain killers daily. Will soon be β€˜normal’ again!
    Have hit a plateau over the last few days which, on the positive side means , time to review and renew my eating plan. It’s amazing how easy it is to get stuck into a rut with food. Today I’ll start looking up some new recipes.
    Hope everyone has a good week ….. spring is just around the corner!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Positives today- after a dreadful week, my DIL who has been seriously ill after the baby’s birth, has turned the corner and is going to recover. Can’t say how thankful I am. It brings everything into perspective.

My feet are good again after the (small) procedure and I played tennis for the first time since before Christmas.

Can’t think of anything else but that’s enough! Hope everyone is having a good week.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Too early in the day for me to report positives, but how lovely to see so many posted for today already.
    Mariet – so pleased for you and your family, that your DiL is recovering and will be fine. How frightening for you all and as you say, things like that certainly do put things into perspective. It’s good news your feet are healed and are not hindering your activities too.
    CG – Happy Birthday! Seems we are pretty much the same age, as I turned 63 last month. AND … we live approx 50mls/1hr 15mins from Bristol. If OH gets/accepts the job, will it mean a move to the UK – might we be come almost neighbours?
    wendleg – Mmmm, don’t fancy being you in the staff room today! Was certainly a decisive win though and a most enjoyable game from the English perspective.
    Verano – brilliant news that you are progressing well and reducing the pain killers. Like you, I will need to review my eating plan in the coming week, but going to see where I am with things after weigh in tomorrow morning.
    Will pop back later to post positives …. meanwhile, have a wonderful day choke full of positives.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Good to hear that people or their loved ones are on the mend. And hopefully no pups lost in snowdrifts! Positives today are that the sun is shining here in London, a beautiful day, and (out of a negative) that, for some unfathomable (yeah, right..) reason, I decided to have some red wine last night. However, one glass was quite enough and actually poured last bit down the sink. I also put some dishwasher salt in; new bag weighed 3 kgs and I have discarded more than that! “Almost” 2 bags! Extent of “almost” tbc tomorrow!

• posted by Custardcrumble
    on

SixTurkeys – I just *love* the counting by bags of dishwasher salt – I’m adding that to my discard spreadsheet alongside lbs and kg (I wonder if Google has a conversion for that?)
    Positives for me:
    – 4 days in and no sign of slowing. Feeling massively optimistic and significantly less bloated (perhaps even lighter?!)
    – Found a brilliant community in the forums of BSD.com! You guys rock!
    – Awesome weekend at F-in-L’s 80th birthday celebrations and a Cubs sleepover (what a misnomer!) Fri-Sat :o)
    Life is good :o)
    CC

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see you posting your positives here CCrumble, we’re really pleased to have you with us and to have you so upbeat about your progress so far. Looking forward to more from you in the days to come.
    5turkeys – brilliant result with the wine – what discipline! And almost 2 x 3kg bags of salt gone? How great is that! At this rate you’ll be 4turkeys in no time.

Okay, some positives from me …..
    1) One from yesterday – kitchen tap literally fell apart in my hand when I tried to use it! OH went out straight out and got a nice shiny new one and fitted it, so all sorted in no time at all.
    2) Today – sunny day and no high winds, a very pleasant change to recent conditions here in SW UK.
    3) Quiet no hassle day today – has been very pleasant.

Have a chicken and veggie tray bake in the oven for tonight’s dinner, which I’m looking forward to, after a 20hr fast today.

• posted by caronl
    on

Mariet, So pleased to hear that your daughter in law has turned a corner. It must have been a very scary time. As you say, such things put everything in perspective. My positives:
    1) finally feeling human after a week of flu-ey cold. Makes me appreciate how well I usually feel. So shall definitely take that as a positive!
    2) a nice quiet week coming up to recharge batteries, get back properly to this way of eating, and
    3) enjoying all the lovely comments and chat here. And congratulations in particular to our newcomers on their successes and dedication so far!

Allie, is all well??

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hello Gang! Its been only 36 hours away from my keyboard BUT . . . seems like a week or more . . . because I’M BURSTING WITH MY NEWS!!!! Anxiously awaiting my “3 month follow up to see if I was being – and keeping me honest” endo appointment which happened yesterday . . . I dressed in straight through linen shift dress . . . fancy necklace, matching shoes and chin held high to support my hair looking the best its looked in MONTHS!!! Well . . . he was with profuse compliments . . .and anxious to get the goss. First BP. He was very happy . . . then I told him it was without meds since Christmas. AMAZEMENT! Then came the girth measurement – some may remember – (and how could I forget) he wanted me to drop/discard/shrink 10cms in 13 weeks. Well I did 11!!!!! and he measures twice to make sure. AMAZED again! Then came the blood results. He printed them out, told me to go out them in the folder I had brought with me last time πŸ™‚ AND . . . he doesnt want to see me for 12 months. You guessed it . . . HbA1c had dropped another .4 to now be 6.5 down from 12.9 last March, three months before I started BSD. AMAZED again and a third time. I commented the scales havent changed in maybe 1 month and he stated with deliberat-ness (is that a word?) – he wasnt interested in weight . . . just measurements and the reason why . . .? 1cm gone from my girth represents 1.4kgs of FAT!!!!! I was then told go get a calculator and figure out 11 x 1.4 and THATS what I have burnt off/discarded in FAT! (Im presuming thats the visceral fat we hear so much about.) Well I did and . . . . . . its 15.4kgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I dont know if that is included in the 12kgs I discarded in the first 12 weeks . . . but then it csnt be if the 11cms has been discarded in the past 13 weeks. All I KNOW is Id like to see a thread of cm and inches discarded . . . which to me has impacted my mind quite differently to seeing the scales lowering. Not at all wishing to be greedy . . . I went and bought lottery tickets because yesterday was a HUGE turning point in my mental attitude and self confidence. I had my hand shaken several times before straightening my back and walking proudly from his office πŸ™‚ Take heart everyone! If I can do this . . . we all can πŸ™‚ Simply believe in what you are doing . . . and dont get anxious like I did which kinda spoiled several weeks leading up to this wonderful result. And I will NEVER underestimate the power of this forum and the support and information , encouragement and caring everyone here has given and continues to give and offer me. Im so humbled, and glad to have met so many truly amazing, wonderful people . . . all on this AMAZING journey πŸ™‚ Please dont lose heart . . . dont chastise for the odd blip . . . simply recognise it – and like the lady who’s elastic broke in her knickers . . . step out of them (pick em up if you must!) – and keep on strutting your stuff!!! QUACK QUACK!!!!!

• posted by Verano
    on

WoodDuckie what can I say ….. one HUGE ROUND of APPLAUSE, CONGRATULATIONS!
    You made it, keep going, this is the start of your new life!

• posted by alliecat
    on

A wonderful morning to all of you! The sun has just risen in my corner of the world, and I’m so happy to be back
    with everyone after a 10 day enforced break from the forums…Everything had become totally out of control
    in my immediate environs…laundry piling up, carpeting looking like the bottom of a birdcage, mail, mail and more
    mail, filing to be done, houseplants looking droopy from neglect, and that’s just the short list! πŸ™‚ Inbox needs a lot
    of clearing out, too! What is the cause of this, you ask? Too many joyful hours on the forums and exchanging
    emails with BSD friends and skype sessions! Thank you Caron for noticing my absence…you are such a sweet
    lady! I watch out for your posts, too πŸ™‚

Happy, Happy belated Birthday, Julia! I have a perfect visual image in my head of you gazing out upon the
    snowdrifts, watching for signs of bird and animal neighbors appearing from their shelters, sun shining, and
    everything pristine and sparkling! One of my favorite Haiku’s is this: First snow, the neglected yard…, now
    perfect. What sweet justice that your husband is being interviewed by one of his Co.’s competitors!!! Things
    are falling into place for us, too. Husband’s dance card is already filled for the summer, and he’s been offered
    to courses for next Fall already. I think you and I have been sharing the same upheaval over the past 6 months.!
    I’m very happy for both of you, seeing some light at the end of the tunnel of uncertainty. Celebrate!!!

Oh Duckie, look at all that you have accomplished in recent months! Proving your medical masters wrong
    has to be the most euphoric feeling. My head would have been held so high that I would have been at risk of
    falling over backwards πŸ™‚ They simply underestimated who they were dealing with! So proud and happy
    for you πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Watch for all the Spring flowers beginning to emerge from your gardens! I have “garden envy”, I think…
    Snow and ice pellets due to arrive here by 9:00am. Oh, JOY! Coffee time..Will be back later with positives
    in hand…

• posted by alliecat
    on

I agree, V.! Absolutely all things are possible with the BSD. It has utterly changed my life, and look at amazing
    Duckie, ready to embrace the 3/4 century mark in the Fall! You may not recognize yourself by then, Duckie!
    Everything is out there waiting for you.. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Do a virtual cartwheel for yourself. I will too!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Duckie – WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!! You must be absolutely floating on air at those fantastic results, I’m thrilled for you … getting the tea towel pom-poms out!
    Allie – so pleased to see you back with us. It’s so easy to get caught up in the forum and let other stuff slide, especially when there is so much happening here. I have to make sure I take frequent breaks away from the key board for some household stuff throughout the day. Glad you have things in a holding pattern again and can come back to us, ‘cos you;re always missed when you’re not around. Hope that your weather doesn’t get too bad – will have fingers crossed for you. Will look forward to your positives and I’ll be back to post some of my own later too.

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Today is turning out to be an emotional one! Woodduckie’s triumph, my own worries (so kindly responded to) and ASarj also feeling down as she has just posted…ASarj, re the “hungover” feel, have you noticed if it is linked to eating the sweet potato? I had exactly the same when I ate a bit of mixed quinoa/wild rice mix.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Well done duckie,
    You mention you are puzzled by the lack of movement of the scale over the last month. Perhaps this link will help you. https://www.dietdoctor.com/fasting-and-growth-hormone – While we talk about blood sugar levels, its more about low carb reduces insulin levels, and because insulin levels interact with other hormone related systems there are other benefits not just fat loss. – High levels of insulin caused low levels of growth hormone. Its growth hormone which enables muscles to repair from exercise and the maintenance of bone density. So you will have inch loss without seeing the scales go down, in fact they may even go up at the same time as discarding inches. https://idmprogram.com/why-does-body-composition-matter-women-and-fasting-part-4/

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wanted to post a few positives for today, so here I go …
    1) Some crocuses in bloom in one of my garden containers and my oleander is still doing well. Have to admit I’d almost forgotten about it, but while I was filling bird feeders today, I noticed that it’s survived the frosts really well. Fingers crossed for some blooms this year.
    2) Quite a busy domestic day and feels like I’ve achieved something.
    3) Thought we were meeting friends for a meal this evening, so I’ve had a bit of a pamper and smartened myself up. Afterward, took OH a cup of coffee down to him in the workshop and he said, ‘You scrub up really well, you know that? Are we going somewhere?’ So, I berated him for forgetting about the arrangement, only to be told ………. I’m a week early! …. So the sweetheart that he is, has said he’ll take me out for dinner tonight. Sometimes senior moments reap benefits!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh bless Sunny, that’s so sweet ! Enjoy another romantic dinner πŸ˜‰

Positives for me are that kids at school were much calmer today after a very Hyper Monday ! Goodness knows what they get up to at the weekend …too much carbage and sugar I reckon !

I am doing an experiment this Week and if I manage it I will do it once a month. I last ate on Sunday evening and I want to continue until Wednesday lunch time so an extended fast of about 65 hours. Don’t worry, I am feeling fine. I would never do anything dangerous. I will let you know if I make it to tomorrow lunch time.

Another positive is that afternoon temperatures are definitely rising.

Also the flu epidemic is at its peak in France and I haven’t caught it !!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wow wendleg, that quite some fasting challenge. We used to have a poster called Essneca, who once did a whole week fasting and said it was really liberating. To be honest, I can’t imagine doing more than 24hrs so your proposed – and almost completed – 65hrs sounds monumental!

• posted by wendleg
    on

I posted my message without reading through the previous posts on this Positive thread. That’s unlike me, sorry !

I am absolutely overjoyed for you Duckie ! I can feel your elation radiating from my screen ! That is so uplifting . You and Allie are such an inspiration. I do hope the anxious new comers find their way to your post as it will give them such hope and encouragement dealing with (pre) diabètes. My goodness Duckie what a journey you have had with all those twists and turns and bumps in the road but you are definitely on the high road to heavenly things now !!

Caronl, glad you are feeling better.
    Mariet, that was scary . Glad the health issues have been resolved for your daughter in law. She can relish her precious baby now she is feeling better. I am sure she is being cherished by the family.

Thanks for yet another very informative post, JGwen. That is very interesting.

Welcome new foodies ( turkeys and custard crumble !!)

• posted by alliecat
    on

You are a medical marvel, Wendy! With this autophagy, your skin is going to be as tight as a drum πŸ™‚
    Brava!

Your O/H is a gem, Sunny! Positive for today is that the University is closed because of the
    snow/ice storm that is currently underway in my neck of the woods, so I’m taking a leaf out
    of your romantic book, and planning dinner in front of the fire. I just loved your impromtu dancing
    last weekend, and will see if that generates any interest here. Enjoy your evening out!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Remember I could never contemplate extended fasting if I didn’t have hours out of the house away from temptation. I am just interested to see if I can manage it. I like the challenge. I am definitely developing a rebellious streak as I become increasingly aware of the manipulative methods of the food industry and all the crap (sorry !) and misleading and misguided information we have been ‘fed’ all these years. I feel like throwing my pink Crocs at the telly when I see the rubbish that is being advertised or encouraged !!

So fasting is my way of rebelling !!

I think I would have enjoyed Esnecca’s posts !

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

Crikey, never mind about autophagy, I’d be resorting to shoeleatherphagy….I hope Wendleg that your undies are keeping up with your rebellion!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Turkey, my BIG PANTS are legendary….so so comfy but as they now reach up to my bosoms I have to consider down-sizing πŸ˜‰ but they will still be substantial πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

or keep the ones you have, couple of ribbon straps and voila : don’t the French have a word for it, “le body”? I do agree that a nice high waisted fit is so comfy. I see the little wisps of nothingness my daughter wears…

• posted by Mariet
    on

So delighted for you Duckie, what a marvellous outcome! You must be walking on air!
    Lovely to see so many positives and good to see you back Allie and with a clean and tidy house ^envious^.
    My positives today:
    I had a cut and colour and though it’s a lot shorter than I expected- why do hairdressers do that?- it will grow and I’ve received many nice comments.
    My daughter in law is home again, I took them some dinner yesterday and it was so touching to see her cuddling her baby for the first time in over a week.
    The vege garden is thriving despite the heat and there’s a bumper harvest just a week or so away.

• posted by Avocado73
    on

Love this idea!
    First week done,lost 4kg,lightest I’ve been in years

Had lovely day at work seeing colleagues and reassured about some nasty work dynamics

Nap after work and thai prawn curry and cauliflower rice for dinner

• posted by alliecat
    on

Avocado, your evening meal sounds heavenly! Where we would we be without cauli rice to catch
    all of that sauce! Did you use unsweetened coconut milk for the base?

Oh Mariet, what a precious picture you paint! We’re all so grateful that d-i-l is stable now and home
    with her newborn..Prayers answered πŸ™‚

Keep track of your bloomers, Wendy! Can I send you some safety pins?

Wishing one and all a wonderful evening!

on

I went from laugh to laugh to elation to elation reading all of your posts today!
    Welcome to Turkeys, Custard and Avacado (well, I could put together a salad with you all!)
    Mariet, such good news about your daughter in law. Post-birth complications can be scary-serious β€” so very glad to hear they are resolved.
    WoodDuckie, OMG OMG OMG!!!! You ROCKED it girl! What a great outcome to all your worry and hard work. I BET they are amazed β€” you do know how FEW people really take charge of their health, right? Practically none, which is why β€œthey” don’t think the BSD will work β€” but you have singlehandedly shown the path. Nice, nice, nice work!!!
    Caronl, so glad you are feeling better and flu/cold behind you.
    SunnyB, huh, you maybe β€œforgot” on purpose? No matter, your OH is a sweetheart.
    Wendleg, ok, what is it like fasting for so many hours? I have made 24 and considered myself a saint β€” does it get easier? What do you do to avoid thinking about eating?
    Allie, we missed you! I kept looking for your posts, but it was clear you were busy with life-stuff. You are in the middle of another HUGE storm and we are too. So much weather this year! Thank you for the Haiku! I wrote one about plum blossoms a couple of years ago β€”
    FEBRUARY
    Pink snow falling
    Mirthful flakes
    Black boughs against spring slate sky
    Plum delight

on

Hey, I just remembered β€” if you like poetry and plants (what’s not to like?) check into WS Merwin’s poetry (US Laureate)
    and Maui palm heritage forest β€” he wrote my favorite poem of all time :
    On the last day of the world I would want to plant a tree
    What for? Not for the fruit,
    The tree that bears the fruit is not the one that was planted
    I want the tree that stands in the earth for the first time
    With the sun already going down
    And the water touching its roots
    In the earth full of the dead
    And the clouds passing
    One by one
    Over its leaves
    (from the Rain in the Trees 1988)

on

Oh, poem entitled β€œPlace”

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thank you so much CG! Mariet, wendleg, alliecat (Welcome back!) – JGwen – thnx for the link !MOST INTERESTING read πŸ™‚ and to all wellwishers on all threads a HUGE thank you:) Please know you had a huge role in me achieving these results. Everyone was there when I was needing explanations, advice support etc.. I have been still floating somewhat today . . . with two people commenting on the new me . . . even though I was in saggy baggy clothes I keep for looking tdy but working πŸ™‚ Am just about to break a fast of 18 hours . . been busy busy busy this am – new gardening/lawnmowing person had me as his helper . . . I chose the activity as a choice of exercise for today πŸ™‚ (otherwise I may not have had ANY!!!) – then off to the post office and store, before calling in on the way home to visit with a 2klm away neighbour whom I havent seen since Christmas . . . and since arriving home . . have simply kept on keeping on πŸ™‚ (Does two instant coffees while there break the fast . . . ? If so then its 17 hours not 18 πŸ™‚ After the hype,only a few hours sleep last night, and two hours of assisting with overgrown gardening “exercise” . . Im definitely slowing down now . . . looking forward to Words with friends moves, and meeting my friends for the first time in a week as we get down to catching up paying canasta online πŸ™‚ Not sure if I mentioned the final chapter of the microwave story πŸ™‚ Picked up the last remaining “MARKED DOWN” machine for $20!! So have an heir and a spare (so to speak!!!) – Beginning work on the next 10 cms today . . . and words from the old rocker song . . . “How low can you go!” (Limbo) come to mind!!! OK Duckie – loosen up – AND – lets see where you CAN/WILL and ARE GOING!!! Have a great day all. Quack Quack πŸ™‚

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Hello all. WoodDuckie, just wanted to post my congratulations at your magnificent triumph! Absolute wowzer! Am overjoyed for you! Fabulous! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜
    Some lovely positives and giggles!
    Have a good day everyone!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Custardcrumble
    on

Wow, WoodDuckie! What an achievement and what an inspiration! I’m soooo keeping track of my cm discard now!
    SO many positives yesterday/today but will limit to 3…
    1) Being so warmly welcomed into this community of supportive, fun and caring types.
    2) Re-focusing on step count and hitting my target for the first time in a week
    3) 5th consecutive day of discard takes my BMI down from the obese to the overweight range. I know BMI isn’t everything but it’s a nice threshold to have passed. Still several stone and many cm to get rid of but happy today!
    Happy Wednesday everyone!
    CC

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

CC Thank you so much . . . reality is setting in now . . . coming down off the high, there are tears, tiredness, after so many night’s of broken sleep and the past 9-10 months of a kinda of hell, they are all catching up . . . but they cant take away the feelings of relief and gratefulness to SO MANY for showing me the pathway to where I find myself today. I started this strategy to lower blood sugars and avoid insulin injections . . .(meds made me SO ILL!!!) – and not ony have I done that but in the process found a transformation I see every day and still have a little difficulty believing what I’m feeling and seeing!!! Weight discard was almost like a positive side-effect for me. No matter what your age or stage, I do hope everyone can feel this good someday πŸ™‚ Its a little overwhelming but wow – how much worth the effort . . which really wasnt that hard. Now I feel like I KNOW WHAT TO DO. And like so many have said . . . we are then individually in control of what happens . . . not like a doc who was reading to give me an insulin pen last April πŸ™

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Kazz Kazz Kazz! I now know what others have felt when they reach the top of the mountain . . .:) Im still on track . . . wont be hanging here long . . . because Ive been given an option to just stay put – (cos endo is pleased with ALL aspects . . . OR . . . go for another level . . . 90 cms . . . 10 more to burn πŸ™‚ Of course this stubborn little duck has attitude and one neer sets her a challenge without her giving it a good shot . . . so . . . it is full steam ahead to show them what I can/will/am able and willing to do πŸ™‚ Thank you for your valuable support along the way . . . As we are on a road trip and Im riding up the back of the bus lounging a little this afternoon . . . . why dont you join me for a coffee πŸ™‚ . . . (((MMMUAH!!!))) Quack Quack πŸ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just wanted to say how thrilled I am to see so many positives being posted already today. Will be back later to add some of my own.

• posted by alliecat
    on

GOOD MORNING, all! First mug of coffee in hand, and reading posts from you lovelies that are in a different time
    zone. Avocado, Custard crumble, and Turkey, I’m delighted that you have found your way to this thread! We owe
    Sunny an enormous debt of gratitude for reviving it and nurturing it back to thriving good health πŸ™‚ I continue always
    to see it as my “homepage”. I’m addicted to the laughter and good cheer, and it’s THE place to get centered for what-
    ever a new day will bring.

Julia, your haiku is beautiful! Thank you for posting it πŸ™‚ I taught myself calligraphy a few years ago, and proceeded
    to write favorite poetry on a sheet of white paper, which I then afixed to an oversized abstract watercolor meant to
    invoke the spirit of the poem, and mounted the poem on top of it. Framed, I gave these little moments of beauty
    as giftsto share with friends. With your permission, I’d like to see your haiku get the same treatment, with full attribution
    to the author, of course! Creative thoughts are in overdrive this morning πŸ™‚

Shine on, everyone! There are positives everywhere..all we need do is look for them πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by wendleg
    on

A beautiful sunny afternoon here….such joy !

I completed my first 65h extended fast and it felt great to meet that challenge !

I love hearing all the positives too , so uplifting !

• posted by SunnyB
    on

CG – thank you for sharing your beautiful Haiku.
    CCrumble – good to see you posting on the thread.
    Duckie – I’m sure you must be feeling emotional as the results of yesterday have sunk in. Be gentle with yourself.
    wendleg – so impressed with your 65hrs fasting, it’s amazing!
    Allie – I’m so pleased to have you back and posting again – feels like the forum is complete again now.

Have had to really think about what to post as positives today, as it’s been a very quiet and non-eventful day …. which I suppose could stand as a positive in and of itself.
    1) Had a lovely evening out with OH last night, ate some excellent venison and lots of yummy veggies and enjoyed our time together.
    2) Arrangements have been made for youngest granddaughter and her mum to visit next week – just need to get the bedrooms sorted out.
    3) Enjoying the calmer and dryer weather that this week has brought to the UK.

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning! Happy Valentines to those who celebrate.
    I have been feeling s little bit down these last few days probably because we should had been going on a lovely month long trip tomorrow but of course that had to be cancelled. Anyway, life is too short for regrets so I need to find some positives early in the day so as not to dwell on what might/could/should have been ……
    The sun is shining and the temperature is set to reach two figures today.
    I’m truly back into a BSD routine now despite the odd overdose of Lindt 90%.
    Any day now the daffodils outside my bedroom window will burst forth into bloom!
    What more can a girl ask for! Have a good day.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

WoodDuckie – just wanted to say what fantastic news – I’m thrilled for you xx
    Btw, linen shift dress, fancy necklace, matching shoes, good-looking hair – nice. And chin held high – brilliant!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Thank you so much Jennie10. I certainly did have a spring in my step πŸ™‚ And why not . . . All I asked for was lower HbA1c and received all those bonuses!!! Bring it on! xxx More replacement clothes sourced from local charity stores today . . . wardrobe about to get another BIG cull . . . cant wait to be ruthless and make some REAL room in there πŸ™‚ Quack quack!!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry you have been a bit low Verano, can appreciate that it must be difficult know that had things gone differently, you’d be heading off tomorrow. But hopefully the promise of the April trip will carry you through and give you something wonderful to focus on. Know what you mean about the Lindt 90% …. tasty stuff!
    Sounds like you are really enjoying revamping your wardrobe Duckie – making room for more cheer-leading outfits I hope!

Quick positives for today ….
    1) Email from friend I have heard from in a long while …. lovely to catch up.
    2) Valentine meal planned and currently in a holding pattern.
    3) Nice long phone chat with Mum, who is doing well after the op on her hand.

Nothing earth shattering, but it is identifying the little pluses in life, that helps us to understand how blessed we are.

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Friends – I’ve decided to take some time away from the forums… stuff going on and I just feel exhausted! πŸ™‚ I shall be back once I’ve recharged my batteries! Until then, wishing you all good things and see you in a few weeks!
    Kazzeexx

Please log in or register to post a reply.