Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Good 3:30 am morning folks!
    Californiagrl, New Zealand was gorgeous, but did not get a chance to get off the plane to see it. Only from the air. I was on my way to Australia as an exchange student for a year way back in 1973.

Speaking of Taubes, I just can’t get thru that whole book. Way more technical discussions that I need to be convincd thie woe works. I don’t know how you guys do it!

Positives for yesterday
    1. over 7,000 steps again and being very consistent
    2. Dealing with happy hour
    3. My small Christmas shopping is completed

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Envious of your completed Christmas shopping, Violinist, I’m still trying to get to grips with mine. Meeting a friend tomorrow, to try and get a few more things ticked off the list. – guess that’s one of my positives. The others are ….

1) Have been really appreciating my log burner and my Aga in the chill.
    2) Ticked three more things off the Christmas gift list and ordered the turkey, so I feel like progress is being made on that front now.
    3) Scales were kind today – always a bonus!
    Have a good week, packed full of positives everyone and please drop in and tell us about them when you can.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hello CaliGirl! Im an Aussie but have been twice to NZ and am going again in April! May I suggest you google Viator . . and wade through the drop down boxes to get to Country then Towns etc and look at what is available . . . that will be a shortcut . . . and maybe givr you ideas of what you might like to see. Hot springs at Rotorua is a must . . . great easy walk . . food, displays, static and practical, ceremonial audience participation and observation stuff which was just an UNBELIEVABLE day out 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m dancing on air, everyone! I expected to be spending the Thanksgiving holiday alone with O/H this year, but
    a last minute invitation from my sister 2 1/2 hrs north of us was received today…I’m so looking forward to it 🙂

I’m wishing all my fellow Americans a blessed day with family and loved ones, too! No food “missteps” will be
    made, but I can’t make any promises about the wine….This is our biggest holiday, only superceded by Christmas.
    Joy, joy, joy!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Allie, have a wonderful day at your sister’s house! Happy Thanksgiving!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Have a wonderful time, Allie! Sounds marvellous!
    Wishing everyone in the US a very happy Thanksgiving! 😁😁😁

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s fab Allie ! Have a wonderful time with your sister !
    A very happy Thanksgiving to our American friends and special thoughts to anyone still struggling in California xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you so much, everyone! There is other good news…The rains have begun in northern California, and should tamp
    down all the smoke in the air! See you all on friday 🙂

• posted by happyitsworking
    on

Happy Happy Thanksgiving everyone and for those who are traveling drive safely.

• posted by Violinist
    on

Have a great Thanksgiving Julia, Alli, Eclectic and anyone else here in Amierica!!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Firstly, best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends.
    Secondly, I thought I’d post a few positives, as I have been absent for a couple of days and haven’t checked in other than to read posts in my email inbox. So, the positives I’d like to report are ….
    1) One plucky rose still blooming, with one new bud developing as well.
    2) Met with a friend a couple of days ago to attempt some Christmas shopping. Had a lovely time, although not particularly successful on the gift purchasing front. Indeed the only things I saw I really wanted to buy, were things for me! Did resist though, only to be told by OH on my return, that I should have bought them.
    3) OH had a free day yesterday, so we took a little trip out to a local town. Managed to buy some stocking fillers. Had a light lunch and a lovely relaxing time together.
    4) The shoes I’d see when shopping with my friend, had been calling to me, so I decided today to go back to the shopping centre and see if they were still available. I came home with them, plus a black and rose gold top (for me too) and two large ceramic tealight holders (gifts for other people). What I’d call a successful trip!
    5) As this time of year usually sees me getting stressed and tired, I have been using Olive, Bach Flower Remedy, which has restorative action. Have to say it’s definitely helping.

Wishing everyone a weekend chock full of positives and hope to be reading about them soon.

• posted by Verano
    on

Ahh SunnyB Bach Flower Remdies take me back! The ones I used worked but to be honest I’d forgotten about them. Good that you are sounding well.
    The positives here are still making me smile…. what a wonderfully positive thread …..
    So, for me, home from a couple of weeks away being thoroughly spoiled ….. but now back to the grindstone…….
    1. Feeling relaxed, refreshed and raring to get back to a new regime.
    2. Have a new plan …. always a good idea to shake things up from time to time.
    3. Weekend is upon us let’s enjoy ….. the BSD way!
    Hope everyone is well!

• posted by wendleg
    on

Love your positivity Verano !

Just the idea of the weekend is joyful ! I can lie in a bit and recharge.

I posted on another thread about my support tights and ‘big pants’ That was a real positive !

BSD food is ready for our evening out tomorrow and I won’t be caught out

That was a lovely day SunnyB !

Have a great weekend everyone !
    Wendy x

• posted by alliecat
    on

I really MUST know Sunny, what is Bach Flower Remedy??? You sound very on top of things for the
    holidays! I must get into over drive, too…Today is “Cyber Monday”, which is really nothing more than
    a marketing excuse to continue with Black Friday.. 40% off on a pale pink down puffer jacket proved to
    be just too irresistable, and has found its way into my shopping cart. Also a pair of leggings/jeggings(?)
    in a very soft denim. Oh yes, a lovely pair of tasseled short boots, too! Buying things for myself suggests
    that I’m not yet properly in the gift GIVING spirit, but will try to get there by the end of the week. My
    freezer is full of meals, very helpful to have after a day of shopping! I’m feeling very energetic, and may
    even get a live tree this year, if I stay organized!
    V., you’ve been sounding very uplifted too, and I think your time away did you loads of good 🙂 Lots of
    soup making going on in my house, too!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Allie, the Bach Flower Remedies are very diluted flower essence preserved in alcohol and are used on very small and usually diluted amounts. Different essences are used for different mental/emotional aspects. There are 38 essences and some blends too. So for instance, Olive is restorative and revitalising to mental strength and energy, Cherry Plum helps you find composure on the midst of disorders, Pine helps you accept and respect yourself etc, etc. Rescue remedy blend is great for extreme stress or distress.

Have been using Olive and very much benefiting from it over the last week. Although there is still a mountain of pre Christmas stuff to do, I’m not getting stressed.

Some positives today:
    1) wrote all the Christmas cards written today as well as wrapping lots of little advent presents for grand children.
    2) weight down again same day last week, so getting some wriggle room back
    3) old friend has been on touch to ask if she can visit is between Christmas and New year
    Haven’t see her for two years, do looking forward to catching up.
    Have a positive time everyone xxx

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

What an amazing thread! I’m new so only just come across it 😊 here we go…
    1. Despite the weather managed to give the dog a good walk and felt better for it
    2. Jeans feel looser 😮
    3. Had my sister, niece and nephew visit today, took them to see the beautiful Christmas decorations at the local garden centre.
    All in all, a good day.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hi everyone! Need to find “the positives” in today to put the brain into gear!
    1. Rain glorious rain here in my neck of Australia. Boughs of shrubs hanging low loaded with the gentle raindrops . . . tomato plants heading skywards with grateful thanks for their nitrogen charged drink!
    2. Christmas card writings almost finished – just need some more stamps from the Post Office to complete the job – and they will be mailed mid-December.
    3. Christmas shopping completed (bar for one gift which has been decided but not yet purchased for grandsons!) – with everything wrapped and labelled. My sons are going to be elsewhere for actual Christmas Day so . . . we are sharing time either before or after, and my luggage is almost ready for a road and train trip for me from mid-December to end . . . visiting family, and a longtime dear friend in care a long way away . . . I had made and booked these plans some time ago – however, a few days ago, was advised by her son, she is weakening and not to expect too much 🙁
    4. I have been well and fit enough to take care of my 8 yo granddaughter for five days while her 10 yo sis and mum were interstate for an Australasian Team Sports championship meet. BIG SISTER BROUGHT HOME TWO GOLD MEDALS FOR HER TEAMS EVENTS! WOOHOO!!!!!
    5. Have re-found the calming influence of my favourite mantra to be of great help yet again this morning during my confusion re BSD WOE and my current stage. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, change the things I can, and the Wisdom to know the difference. I am who I am where I am right now for a reason and need to be grateful for what has already been done and happened. And if nothing changes this position, then its a GREAT one to be in 🙂 Bless you all 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just wanted to drop into say I really loved the second part of your mantra, WoodDuckie. Have heard the first bit before, but the second part gives further food for thought.

Welcome Nelliecat . It’s always such a pleasure to welcome new posters on this thread. For many of us, this thread helps us to look on the lighter side of life, which is especially useful on gloomy days. Hope you’ll be posting regularly.

To early for me to post positives for today, so will pop back later

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hello Sunny 🙂 If you mean the part after “wisdom to know the difference.. ” . . . I penned that from my thoughts today 🙂 Thank you for acknowledging it made food for thought 🙂 I needed to settle myself into accepting where I am and not give up but have the Wisdom to know that thus far Ive done my best, continue to eat sensibly with minute or unwitting carbs being watched like a hawk . . . and doing my best not to stress about results of my next blood tests two months away 🙂 My concerns are more needing reassurances of what has been considered personal noticeable changes, and wondering if anyone had anything to contribute to their appearance 🙂 But with us all being SO UNIQUE in makeup DNA and reasons for being on BSD, Im now thinking maybe Im in unchartered waters – and instead of being concerned, be excited or curious to see where it goes!!! 🙂

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hello, WoodDuckie! What you have posted is known as the “Serenity Prayer” on this side of the pond, and
    all 12 step programs, Alcoholic Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous, or Overeaters Anonymous use it
    religiously in their programs. Thinking of the entire process of changing our future by way of the BSD
    resonates with me 🙂 I encourage all to view this process as one big adventure, which can take us to literally
    wherever we want to go. It IS life changing, so why not relax into it and enjoy the personal discoveries that we
    make as we come to understand how our individual bodies work? For some, this is the first time ever
    that we’ve given any real thought to how different foods affect us! I think that we’re both in the same age
    bracket, but it’s never too late to become enlightened, is it??

Too early to post positives, as the sun has barely risen here. Be back later! Have a great day, everyone 🙂

• posted by SunnyB
    on

The day is pretty old now and so I can identify some positives to report:
    1) Posted off a parcel containing little advent gifts for my little grand daughter, as well as cards for friends abroad.
    2) Created personalise calendars online for a few family members as Christmas gifts.
    3) Received an early Christmas card from a friend, with a gift card for garden centres, which means I’ll be able to get the rose I’ve been hankering after, without feeling guilty about spending money on me instead of buying Christmas presents.
    4) Finally got around to downloading the photos I took on our last holiday, but still need to load some on to the memory card of our digital photo frame – job for tomorrow.

Hope everyone else has been having a positive day – looking forward to reading about them.

• posted by wendleg
    on

That’s a very productive day Sunny B !

Mine is much less creative as this is report writing season at school. I am happy to say that I have completed 3 classes out of 6 so I am getting there !

• posted by SunnyB
    on

I’d say writing reports surely falls into both the creative and productive categories, Wendy and three out of six classes completed must surely be a positive.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Thanks SunnyB ! I plan to get them all completed by this weekend x

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Thanks SunnyB 😊
    Here is my contribution for the day…
    1. Went to the cinema for a rare night out with my husband. Brilliant film – Bohemian Rhapsody.
    2. Really, really enjoyed my bsd food today. I can taste different flavours so much better.
    3. Had a rewarding day at work. I work with elderly people, sometimes it’s hard or sad or fun, but always rewarding.
    That’s me, now my bed is calling me. Night night everyone x

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

I’m sitting in Ghirardelli Square in San Francisco having a glass of wine, waiting for my 95 year old Dad’s birthday to begin — I got here a bit early and found a peaceful winebar down by the water and out of the rain but still outside.
    There are Christmas lights here and a few happy young people chatting and walking. I’m only missing my OH who is up in the mountains, but I couldn’t miss my dads 95th so here I am.
    A lovely couple of positives from California.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Oh that sounds lovely Julia.Have a wonderful celebration with your Dad.The idea of sun is very appealing right now.I am looking out at a very dark street in front of school and it is about 4 degrees at 7.30 am.
    That’s great that you are enjoying BSD food nelliecat ! It won’t work otherwise 🙂 Way to go !!
    More reports today …

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Cali-Girl . . . What a wonderful thing to be able to do . . , meet up with dad 🙂 Hope it was an amazing get-to-gether 🙂
    1. I went to visit with longtime friends – dropped in for a mid morning cuppa which extended to almost 2pm! By the time I then did grocery shopping and tied to exchange powered fairy lights I picked up on Monday by mistake . . . instead of the solar ones – and there were none left 🙁 . . . this allowed me to do . . .
    2. . . . a 18 hour fast! Thoroughly enjoyed my one meal today – diced cold roast pork, with shredded kale, parsley, cabbage and carrot salad, shallot, button mushrooms and almonds.
    3. For almost three years now, elder son has been working so hard with very little money and a dream/ He finished an interstate job last week, and text messaged me today, to say he has landed a contract to do another job in February. Dont want to be greedy Lord but if this is the start of the ball beginning to roll, then this mum is already, and would be even more . . . most grateful. Thank you 🙂
    4. Finished Christmas card writing last night . . . all ready to be mailed in 10 days – when I deem it appropriate to send them 🙂 Not too early and not too late!!!!!
    5. Countdown is on until I head out for my car/train/train/car two week excursion to see family, an ailing elderly longtime friend in fulltime care, and spend Christmas away from home! Sons and families are involved elsewhere on the actual day but we three are like the musketeers with VERY strong bonds from being a trio since they were 5 and 7. Next year my eldest tuns 50 and those bonds are f anything . . . strengthening. While it is nice to do Christmas Day stuff . . . it really is the other 364 that count. I promised my sons many years ago I would not play tug-a-war with them and their wives families if Christmas was to raise issues. I love them too much to make them choose. Their wives and children will be here long after Im gone. Peace is priceless and so hard to find. We will catch up as a family unit – (no interlopers or crowds to divide ourselves between) – either the weekend before or the one after Christmas and we can and will do our own thing – my very own very precious 8 people – I make 9 🙂 – who make our family so unique 🙂

Today . . .? All’s GREAT in my world. Thank you for reading if you got this far 🙂

• posted by caronl
    on

WoodDuckie your post is like a huge ray of sunshine. So pleased to hear how good your are feeling. I think my first positive is you, wendleg, krysla, and many others who have made 2018 such a great year for health and wellbeing. Congratulations to all.
    My second positive is that Allie directed a “cutie” at me. Never had that before! (I have been absent, but lurking, for a few weeks. No great crisis, but just feeling at odds with the world. Like some of wendleg’s friends, I am beginning to find Brexit’s impact on EU-based Brits more than a bit hairy. My status and rights are up in the air. This is NOT to start a debate on the ghastly subject, but just being honest about where my head is.)
    My third positive is that glumness has not made me go mad on carbs. Onwards and level-ish is the order of the day. A maintainer’s mantra!

Have a good day one and all.

• posted by wendleg
    on

WoodDuckie you are a Wise Lady Indeed and I fully endorse your sentiments. Conflict is a waste of energy. I also am a trio with my 2 sons ( a bit younger 25 and 27 😉 but it’s not a competition to see who is more worthy of sharing time with them. Quality of time spent together is priceless whenever. You must be so proud as well as grateful to hear your elder son has obtained another contract.That is fantastic.

I fully agree .It is not just about Christmas. Every day in the year counts and why endow a few festive days with more importance ? You will have your precious time WoodDuckie . Your friends are lucky to have you.

And well done on the 18 hour fast too ! Everything is definitely great in your world xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hope you and your Dad have a wonderful time, Calgirl and WoodDuckie and Wendy, you both seem to be determined to extend the spirit of Christmas much wider that the couple of days of the festive season – all power to you. It’s an example for us all. Nellie, your day sounds very up beat and full of positivity. Sorry things are feeling rather out of control for you caronl, but well done on keeping a good handle on the BSD front.
    Positives for me today …. let’s think …
    1) Had a good session sorting out the hire income from the village hall this morning. Still have a couple of spreadsheets to update, but the paper records are looking in better shape now.
    2) Glitter spray paint arrived today and I’m itching to try it on some larch branches I ‘borrowed’ from a friend’s wood, but the weather was not conducive to outdoor work today – hopefully tomorrow!
    3) One of those inexplicable blips upwards on the scales this morning, but determined just to plough on regardless and know that the BSD will see it right.

Stick with the positives everyone.

• posted by wendleg
    on

Caronl ….are you in France too ? I would be happy to share my experience if you wish ? Maybe not on the forum though …

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi Wendleg. Thanks for the offer but don’t worry, I”m in the Netherlands (hence caro nl), and am well plugged in to the various lobbying groups. NL is generally taking a more positive approach than France to British expats. I am a lot better placed than most, since I speak the language etc. But it is still doing my head in! I feel so sorry for your friends worrying about whether they can keep their jobs…

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Good evening everyone. Not feeling too positive today and very tired, probably the very best time to try and find the positives in my day….
    I have managed to fill in the hugest application form for a small part time job (took me three hours 😮) so fingers crossed I have a chance
    Another successful bsd dinner (I do seem to spend so much time cooking and preparing though)
    My 18 year old messaged me from college to tell me he’s staying late to work on an assignment so feeling quite impressed with him. Am hoping he is beginning to realise hard work will pay off!

Anyway, time for PJ’s. Could murder a biscuit today but will have a fruit tea instead 🙄
    Hope you’re all ok and having a good evening x

• posted by alliecat
    on

Congrats, Nellie! The fatigue will soon pass, and lots of energy will follow when you reach ketosis. It’s
    an amazing thing, and will change your world. Don’t underestimate the power of 2-3 liters of water each day.
    It makes such a difference 🙂 Wishing you every success!

Allie

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Aw thanks Allie, hope it kicks in soon… Going to bed in the hope I feel better tomorrow. Night all xx

• posted by Midfielder
    on

Sunshine, lolly pops & sugar coated lemon drops, everyone is happy when….
    When….
    At the six week part of the diet i went for my second blood test.
    Got results today… blood sugars totally normal… to come off all meds for diabetes… still a week and a half to go, and at determined to finish the full 8 weeks.
    Some key metrics my age is 64, male, height is 167.5 cm, TWAS 102.9 kg’s, today TWAS 85.4 kg’s….. my new target weight is 74 kg’s.

The future, HHHMMMMMM AARRRgggg I have decided to extend the diet by an additional two weeks , this will hopefully get my weight well under 84 kgs which is for someone of my height the weight where obsess starts… After Christmas and living on a beach I plan hours of walking and swimming and to lift from 800 Cal’s to around 1,200 Cal’s a day until I get to the 74 kg’s. After that I have no idea if I will be tempted to return to my previous dietary habits.

BTW any threads on the post diet behaviour to help stay away from the past.

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

What a TOTALLY AWESOME Christmas present!!!! Congratulations and if ANYONE needs proof of the general populous being directed to eat food which isnt doing us any good and then giving us medication to fix it . . . here it is 🙂 I KNOW it isnt a blanket for EVERYONE but . . . . considering the number of those on diabetic meds, how many are still feeling confident eating carbs . . . which are INCLUDED in the DA guidelines/instructions just makes one wonder 🙂 Well done Midfielder. Have a wonderful holiday and best of luck in the future 🙂

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Midfielder – what a great result on your blood sugars and a great weight loss, too. Congratulations, you must be delighted.

There used to be a thread for maintenance. I can’t remember what it was called but it doesn’t seem to be used much atm. If you use the search box I’m sure you’ll be able to find hints and tips on maintenance. I did BSD in 2016/2017, lost weight and put my diabetes into remission, but have recently regained 2 stone so don’t really feel equipped to advise on maintenance! Hopefully, others will be able to offer advice.
    Jennie
    For info – if it helps – I’ve put on about 2/2.5 stone but I’ve kept to a low carb diet throughout. My blood sugars are still in the normal range but they have crept up to the higher end of normal. If I’d gone on higher carbs as well as gained weight I think they’d have gone back into the diabetic range. Don’t be tempted! But again, really well done x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Think the thread you were thinking of is, ‘After reaching your target, what next?’, Jennie, but it hasn’t been used for a while – that’s not to say we can’t revive it, especially if it would be helpful to new maintainers. Midfileder, have a look using the search box and if it looks like it’s going to be of use to you, drop a post in there and I’m sure some of us maintainers will respond. Please don’t be temped to return to old eating patterns, because they are what brought you to the BSD originally and will only result in undoing all you have achieved. You have done brilliantly and there is nothing wrong with sticking with the 800 low carb regime until you have reach your ultimate goal, but just as acceptable is a low card Mediterranean or 5:2 diet.

WoodDuckie – your frustration is shared, but the UK is not alone in this spiral. I was stunned to find how prevalent T2 is becoming in Turkey for instance. On our last visit, three people I know there have been recently diagnosed and another is in the pre-T2 range. Did my best to spread the word, but in a culture where it is normal for an individual to eat anything up to a loaf of bread at a meal, it’s an uphill battle.

My positives for today are …
    1) Friday evening – pleasant evening out with friends and agreed another meet up again in January.
    2) Making good progress with Christmas shopping. Guess I’m about half to three quarters through gift buying now.
    3) Have arranged to visit son and granddaughter in a couple of weeks to deliver Christmas cheer. Looking forward to spending a few hours with them, as we won’t see them at Christmas this year.

Hope you have all been having a positive filled w/e. Here’s to a new week packed with positives too.

• posted by JGwen
    on

My positives for today.
    I can comfortably wear my waterproof leggings again. – It makes life so much nicer if you are not having to repeated change clothes because you are getting wet, muddy, and covered in hay twice a day. – Saves the strain on the washing machine as well. 🙂
    The timid female rescue cat I took on 18 months ago is finally getting comfortable in my company, yesterday she followed me down the drive and back (and had just had an evening meal so it wasn’t motivated by looking for food) and today she has been sitting a couple of feet away from me grooming herself. – Unlike her brother she still isn’t keen on being touched, but am making progress.
    I have a new toy, I bought one of the cheap breathalyzers which are recommend for testing for ketosis from Amazon. I do get a zero reading after eating carbs, and a reading when I know I am in ketosis, so now I get the fun of testing to see how long it takes me to get into ketosis after eating different levels of carbs. – Lots of tests to design and carry out .
    I am going to sneak in an extra positive. I heard in a podcast today that Dr Fung had an article with case histories published in the November copy of the British Medical Journal. https://casereports.bmj.com/content/2018/bcr-2017-221854 – Apparently for a long time every time they submitted articles on reversing T2D through fasting to any medical publication it was rejected, finally the medical profession is starting to be open to the idea. – I thought it might be helpful to anyone who is struggling to convince health providers about using diet to reverse T2 to provide a link to the article.

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Today’s positives (I’m trying but have a major headache after falling off the wagon into a sugar filled pit ..)

1) Cleaned out my larder and got rid of a load of rubbish. Took a good couple of hours and led to cleaning out several other kitchen cupboards.
    2) Walked further than I intended with the dog which made her very happy and did me good.
    3) Donated some stuff to charity and did a little more Christmas shopping. Feeling fairly organised and looking forward to having my sister in law and her family come for the big day. She was the one who inspired me to do the BSD, she was very successful with it 😊

That’s me for today, I am taking my headache and bad feelings about eating a load of sugary rubbish to bed. Tomorrow will be a good day xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry about that headache Nelliecat, hope you’ll soon be feeling better and that today is a good one for you. Off-the-wagon days feel dismal, but shake it off and get right back on that wagon! You definitely CAN do it!

My positives for today are ….
    1) Phone chat with Mum and caught news.
    2) First batch of gift wrapping done.
    3) Only have one wing of the family left to get gifts for and then I’m done!

Getting a little stressed with the festive prep now, although I’m doing my best not to let that get out of hand. Hope everyone else is managing to stay in control is this season of madness and that it’s still possible to find those positives each day.

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all. My positives for today:
    1) Really enjoyed aubergine lasagne today – and plenty for the freezer.
    2) All in place for Sinter Klaas tomorrow. Poem written, present for son wrapped. Christmas cards done. So on my way. Tbh I feel quite relaxed about the whole thing – it will just be a bigger roast than usual! Looking forward more to the music and laughter than the food and wine.
    3) Ordered a size 14 Parka for Christmas for myself (any excuse!) Finally admitted that the size 18 coat that I could only just zip up last year is now far too big on me. Yeah!

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Oh I feel so elated for you with the new jacket!!! Clothes were my ta-dah moment today as well. A lovely elderly but timeless soft lime-green linen slimline shirtmaker which I havent been able to pass on “just in case” . . . was cautiously taken from the wardrobe today and slipped on . . . fitting JUST like it was designed to do 🙂 I felt SO GOOD!!!! and smart! as I joined a friend at the travel agents to pay for our upcoming holiday 🙂

• posted by wendleg
    on

Hope today is better for you Nelliecat.I keep telling myself that sugar is poison.
    I am resisting any stresses about Christmas.Too busy at school at the moment.
    Ooh size 14 …can’t remember when I was that size if ever caron ! Well done and why not treat yourself ?? You are worth it !!
    I love green WoodDuckie after many years of not being able to face it as my school uniform was bottle green !!!
    Well done to you both on your downsizing !
    i feel positive too as my dresses are feeling baggier but like you WoodDuckie, I have still got items lurking in my wardrobe which up to now have been too snug ! Hopefully they will get an outing soon !
    Lovely to have a holiday to look forward to.I have booked a cheeky week in Sardinia early July next year !
    Have a great day everyone !

• posted by Verano
    on

Thought it was about time I posted on this thread again especially as I find all your positives bring a smile to my face. JGwen that’s an interesting article. I know it was only three patients but I was astounded at how quickly they became insulin free.
    I had forgotten the joy of clothes fitting again but your posts are just another reminder of why I’m doing this!
    SunnyB this really is a season of madness and it’s so difficult not to get caught up in the frenzy. I make lists and try to stick to them especially with grandchildren’s present buying. It’s so easy to say ‘ oh just one more little ….’ until it does get out of hand. Anyway, just three weeks and the madness will all be over!
    So to my positives …….
    1. Managed s whole day without the ‘crunch’ of nuts, crisps and crispbreads.
    2. Have just two more gifts to sort out and then I’m done.
    3. Have made a good start at clearing out old papers. Why do we need 7 year old gas bills etc.? Well my trusty shredder is getting well used at the moment and my desk is almost clear of ‘papers’.
    Have a good day.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi V, I found all the timescales in the article interesting, how long they had been on medication, how quickly they came off meds, and how short the fasts were.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Good to see you back on this thread, Verano and to have you sounding upbeat again. Caronl, I love aubergine and your note has reminded me I need to make some aubergine lasagna soon. Congrats to all of you finding you can move down for your clothing size – it’s such a boost when this happens. I’ve been a UK 10 for about a year now, but it’s still a surprise to me when I’m buying clothes, that I can get into a 10 and that I no longer need baggy clothes to hide the lumps and bumps – you’ll get there too wendleg.

Positives for today ….
    1) Batch of hall admin done, so that’s all in a holding pattern again. Should be able to concentrate on other things tomorrow.
    2) Looking forward to lamb steak and veggies for dinner tonight – simple but tasty.
    3) Going to Kent to see our daughter for a long w/e, leaving tomorrow. If I don’t get back on here again before then, have a great w/e everyone.

• posted by Nelliecat
    on

Short and sweet tonight because my bed is calling and I’m worn out!
    1) Painted a watercolour for my friend’s mother today for her Christmas present. She asked me ages ago and finally felt the mood was right to get out my paints. And she loved it 😊
    2) My husband brought home some flowers because he knows I’ve been a bit off.
    3) It’s been a fairly productive day overall really – fairly good work day and managed to get some jobs done.
    Night all, sleep tight x

Please log in or register to post a reply.