Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

The sun is out and the temp is set for 11C. Now I’m starting to feel like I’m coming out of hibernation! πŸ™‚ Thank goodness!
    Allie – I can’t believe you’ve had yet another dump of snow! Hope it melts quickly!
    JGwen, Luv – I think I’ve joined in before about the marvels of losing weight from where you least seem to need to first, before! I’ve been rather rubbish this year so far, just concentrating on maintaining rather than losing. Head not quite in the zone.
    SunnyB – have a lovely holiday!
    A beautiful day for working outdoors by the looks of it. I am in an office but will get out lunchtime for a walk as I need the vitamin D!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all
    1) Looking forward to seeing my parents in the UK tomorrow. So appreciating family even more than usual!
    2) Sunflower seeds are sprouting. Now need to give the cherry tomatoes a talking-to
    3) Weight back to 73.1 after a planned wobble-week for my (significant) birthday. Good to know that I can put 3 lbs on and lose them again in a week.

Have a lovely day everyone.

• posted by treelady
    on

As others have said – 1) The sun is shining! and it’s a beautiful spring day : )
    Other positives for me – 2) Got my tomato seeds planted yesterday by hiding in the greenhouse and listening to the rain drumming on the roof (quite hypnotic). 3) Gary Taubes book has arrived in the post, so that’s my weekend reading sorted.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

As others have been saying, it is a sunny, warm spring day here too, which meant I have been able to get out in the garden and refresh a few containers, feed some plants and tidy up a bit. It’s wonderful how sunshine can lift the spirits and make one feel like getting busy with something. So much so, I have been ticking more off the pre-hols ‘To Do’ list too. My three positives for today are:
    1) The birds in the garden are singing merrily and insects are buzzing.
    2) Looking forward to a meal out with friends this evening.
    3) Garden is looking much fresher and prettier for the work done this morning.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Sorry Allie, I just noticed the rather startling exchanges on the ‘April Fools’ thread, as it’s not one I generally read. However, I wanted to offer my wholehearted support to you, as I know you will be reeling from the onslaught which must have come completely out of left field for you. Knowing you as I do, I am certain beyond doubt that you had no intention of causing offence, so I assume that the offense taken, speaks from the way the other party is viewing herself, rather than how you were viewing her.

I understand completely your desire to remove yourself from that thread, having been in a similar situation on another thread myself, but please don’t allow this flare up to stop you posting on other threads, where you would be hugely missed were you to withdraw. Your wisdom and compassion have carried many of us through in the past and the forum would be a poorer place if we lost you.

Finally, a quote for you, ” Our lives are like the course of the sun. At the darkest moment there is the promise of daylight.” ~ The Times, London Dec 24th 1984. I asked for Reiki to guide me to a quote for you, so really hope this resonates with you.

Big Hugs ….

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a stunning beautiful quote, Sunny! You deeply touch my heart this morning. I try to walk in the light of “Gratitude”
    each and every day, and victomhood doesn’t resonate with me very much. I know that you are so very close to departure
    date, so I am very grateful for your post today. A day without SunnyB is a day diminished πŸ™‚ My reserved Reiki books
    are now available at our local library, and I’m looking forward to delving in to this way of thought. Your friendship is
    one of things that I value the most about these forums, so thank you for being you. I’m here to stay, never worry,
    and I’ll continue to echo your wise words while you’re away πŸ™‚

XOXO

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

I think your gratitude is always evident Allie. I’m sorry there was a misunderstanding.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi all
    I don’t usually post on this thread – not enough positive thoughts maybe? But I saw you had posted here Allie so I wanted to touch base with you. I’ve always found your posts very wise and supportive – I like the fact that you care about people on this forum – I’m pleased to read in the thread above that you’re here to stay. I look forward to more of your wise words, experience and tough love when it’s needed. You are an inspiration to me
    xx

• posted by caronl
    on

I’m cheating by posting twice on this thread today …. to say Gattina’s latest post here is spot on. I was saying only yesterday how much I value your contributions Allie, but will say it again in the light of today’s events. Please continue with your wise words and caring approach!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Allie – so pleased to see you here and I thank you for your kind words, when what should have been happening was you taking comfort in our support. We all know what is needed sometimes, is for someone to tell us like it is, but I guess for some that is too confrontational. Anyway, our comfort is that you are still here and still posting. Thank you for your kind words and please know I very much appreciate your friendship too.

I’ll be posting tomorrow and then probably not around much for the following week, although I will try to drop in occasionally if the opportunity easily arises. Enjoy the Reiki books and I’ll look forward to knowing your thoughts on the subject – and of course JGwen and I (at some point) will be around to answer questions if you have any.

Meanwhile, hope the rest of your day is peaceful and calm. Big Hugs ….. xx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Forgot to say, Gattina, that you should drop in and post here more often. I find it’s sitting for a few minutes looking for the positives – no matter how small – that helps to foster a positive mind set. Why not give it a go? We’d love to have you join us.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi folks, I thought I would share a couple of light hearted thoughts.
    I have been using the exercise section of fatsecret to keep a rough log of cals burnt each day, I know its not going to be that accurate but its been keeping me entertained today thinking about the inaccuracies.
    For my height and weight it presumes that I will burn 289 cals per hour of doing housework, but 579 cals per hour of doing painting.
    It started off when I was washing down the walls a couple of days ago before giving them a coat of emulsion. How come washing them for painting burns more cals than washing them after the dog has walked past and wagged a muddy tail…..
    Then there’s how come wiping the dust off the skirting board takes less cal than applying masking tape.
    Also, if its only the actual painting time that I should put under that heading, on what planet is cutting in with a little paint brush or applying paint to a wall with a roller burns so many more cals than lugging a vacuum cleaner around?
    ———————–
    I came across a comic you might be an aspie quiz today and thought this was very relevant, you might be an aspie if…… before baking a cake you read a book on the chemistry of baking to find out what exactly each ingredient does, how they all interact, and exactly what happens at each stage of the baking process. – Now where were we all on the discussion of G.Load against G.Index and how does fibre and fat content of a dish change the impact on blood sugar…….. πŸ™‚

• posted by alliecat
    on

californiagirl, caron, gattina, sunny and JGwen: I read all of these beautiful posts today, before I went out into the
    sunshine for a brisk walk and a general clearing of my head. I felt your presence as magnificent butterflies; monarchs,
    swallowtails and Amazonian azure creatures, resting on my outstretched hand and shoulders. I felt the gentleness of
    your touch, and returned home with so much joy in my heart. You are all so inspirational, and sisters in my heart.
    XOXO
    Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

So pleased you have had a cleansing sojourn with nature and returned home refreshed and uplifted, Allie. I’m very much relieved you are in such good spirits and still posting. xx

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Good morning!
    Positives today for me are:
    1 – latest batch of seed crackers were delicious with a couple of teaspoons of chilli flakes added.
    2 – It’s Friday!
    3 – 3 more working days until I am on holiday and next Thursday we’re off to Jersey for 5 days to see my sis and celebrate her 50th.
    4 – Got my patio and french doors measured up last night for vertical blinds and they’re on order.
    5 – most importantly, managed to plough through the work stuff and my stress levels have reduced considerably! Thanks to both partners being on holiday this week and minimal “can you sort…” emails received!
    Wishing you all a very pleasant day, my lovelies!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by Marsie
    on

My usual thread for reading not posting. Turning that around today:
    1. Yes, Alliecat is still here, that’s good βœ”
    2. Yesterday, had the best long chat with my brother in ages. He’s not in a good place physically/mentally but it was such a good talk
    3. Went to a funeral this morning. How is this a positive thing? He was a man of 85, (last sibling of my closest friend of 66 years). A busy, energetic, kind man who had lived life to the full for as long as he could until the Parkinsons finally won. This was a true celebration of his life by his wife and children and their children. Such loving and thankful eulogies at the graveside. AND it was held outdoors in a beautiful lawn cemetery surrounded by our wonderful native bushland, birds singing and kangaroos close by cropping the grass, on a warm, sunny autumn day. Such is lifeπŸ’•

• posted by JackieM
    on

Good morning good morning!

Positives:

1) sunshine! Fab walk with dog, met a couple and we talked animals and it made me happy.

2) got a phone call asking me to audition for. something. Even if I don’t get the part I was asked, that’s fab isn’t it!

3) dog and cat snoozing in same room. My fur babies (additional positive, this unashamed sentimentality about my animals – bit of the icicle melted)

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi girls….. just managed to log in and want to wish SunnyB and sunshine-girl great trips. We are still away, in Oman at the moment so haven’t had time to catch up but Allie whatever the problem you have so much wisdom to add to these forums just keep going. Back home next week and will catch up then. Keep positive!!

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Verano – hope you are having a wonderful vacation – lovely to see you drop in πŸ™‚

JGwen – your light hearted post made me smile – I tried to reply to it last night but was getting “access denied” for some reason…. can you compare how many calories burned texting (1 finger for me) rather than typing (using all 8 fingers and 1 thumb)? I’d be interested, seriously! πŸ™‚ We could have a bit of fun with this comparison game….

JackieM – I’d forgotten you were into Amdram. That’s a wonderful compliment! Fingers crossed. Do you know what the part would be or the play?

Marsie – that sounds like the perfect send off – if ever there could be such a thing. My condolences to you and yours.

Allie – good morning to you when you arise πŸ™‚
    Kx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good day, everyone! Lots of wonderful posts here today, so I’m going to have to return later in the day. Lots of
    errands to do, and hauling of pre weekend provisions πŸ™‚ Just wanted to wish Sunny a safe trip though, and hopes
    that this will be your best Turkish vacation yet! Grab some of that sun for me (snowing again here in New England!)
    I’ll be watching this space for updates when you get settled πŸ™‚ I’m sure you know that you will be missed….Have
    a truly wonderful time!

xoxo

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hello All – good to see so many wonderful positives being posted today and especially the post from Verano, you’ve definitely been missed. Pleased you are having a good time though and I’d be very interested to know what Oman is like to visit.
    Marsie – good to see you posting here, hope you’ll be doing so more often.
    Kazz – have a great holiday. Jersey is some where we have often spoken of visiting, but never actually got around to. I believe it is beautiful there, so enjoy.
    Jackie – lovely to be sought out for an audition. Hope it goes well and you get the part.
    Marsie – sorry to read about the funeral, but it certainly sounds like a true life celebration, which must have felt uplifting.

This will (probably) be my last post on this thread for now, as we leave home tomorrow morning and I’m not sure when I will next be logging in. Have some positives to offer up though:
    1) Very relaxed and pleasant meal out with friends last night.
    2) Met daughter for lunch today for a catch up before OH and I go away. Was lovely to sit and chat and share a few laughs.
    3) Grateful that we are privileged and fit enough to take extended vacations – hope it will be something OH and I can enjoy together for a good few (many) years to come.
    Allie, I’ll be looking out for your post later – sorry to hear you have yet MORE snow. Hope you managed to get in your provisions and will be having a cosy and relaxed w/e.
    Keep posting the positives everyone.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

I don’t often post on here. Probably because I am a miserable bugger most of the time lol. I have my positives today.

1) Had the most glorious morning with my 10 month old granddaughter.
    2) Got back to 15 stone after indulging myself on the weekend.
    3) Had a lovely evening meal with both my daughters, sons in law, and grandchildren. I am the most blessed person on the planet.

I really hope everyone else has a wonderful weekend and be kind to yourself.
    Good to see you Verano.
    Have a lovely time in Turkey SunnyB.

Love
    Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Allie, so pleased to hear that you are conjuring up your own butterflies, even when Mother Nature is dumping another load of the white stuff. You have had THE winter….so sorry. It gets so very very old by this time of year. All you want are greens and pinks and yellows, and instead more monotones. Wishing you real butterflies in the very near future (and a bluebird of happiness along with it).

Mary saw a lovely quote you had about loving and could not find the location to comment on it…hope you see this. Yes, to love and be loved is everything. Some would say the only thing. Glad you are so enjoying your grandie. My grandmother was such an infuence in my life….the time and love made such a difference at a time when my poor mother was run ragged keeping up with 4 kids all born in the space of 5 years. Ugh. We became very close as I became a young adult but it was my grandmother that had the great impact when I was a child. You are giving a great gift and I am sure it will be remembered for ever.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Luvtocook, Thank you for your kind words. It is wonderful that all my grandchildren love to spend time with me! I didn’t know either of my grandparents and I love to hear that people had good relationships with theirs. I must admit I felt torn into 3 yesterday as they all wanted my attention, and they got it.

My 3 positives today (I am on a roll)…
    1) My daughter skyped me today to show me how smart the children looked as they are going to a party. They looked amazing.
    2) I am to have a new dishwasher plumbed in today, and it is more the colour of the kitchen than the old one.
    3) I am enjoying laughing with my lovely better half. It’s something we do a lot and so good after 43 years!

Take care everyone.

Love Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Marsie
    on

Lovely positives, Joes Nonna.
    Today I have:
    1. Been to the gym for Pilates, with a side bonus of a friendly chat with other members
    2. Into the garden for a little while, a good bucketful of weeds to show for my endeavours. It is still quite warm here, so plenty of
    things continuing to grow, some of which I wish wouldn’t πŸ™‚
    3, A simple Saturday evening at home with OH, well-seasoned chicken breasts and asparagus grilled on our little BabyQ with salad.
    A wine for him but not for me as I so seldom indulge these days. Watching the Commonwealth Games on TV. (For those not
    familiar, it is a format like the Olympics, held in the intervening 2 years, but is only for British Commonwealth Countries – of which
    there are many!)

Have good weekends everyone.
    MFODAAT

• posted by treelady
    on

Well, despite the very wet weather, I have gathered a few positives for today so far:
    1) No other choice but to get on and do some housework, so I count that as exercise ; )
    2) I’ve had quite a laugh today watching the house sparrows trying to pick up the large chicken / duck feathers and then trying to stuff them through the hole of the nest boxes.
    3) My mini Irises that I planted in pots are up and opening their flowers.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Nature is coming to life, isn’t it treelady? All sorts of “industry going on πŸ™‚

Positive thoughts from my windowsill this afternoon….It’s a bright and sunny Sunday afternoon
    here, and I just opened my windows. What did I find trapped between the sash and the screen?
    A magnificent pair of ladybugs, engaged in some form of intimacy! Instead of releasing them
    into the air, I thought I’d just let them do what ladybugs do. Will determine later what sort of
    stamina they might have πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

xoxo

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello …… sorry but not able to catch up on all the posts ….. washing and ironing taking priority at the moment! But hope everyone is well and all is well.
    So for my positives today ……
    1. Arrived home safely last night, often a bit of concern on any flight.
    2. Lovely to be back in my own bed….. nothing like your own bed no matter how sumptuous others are!
    3. Just so nice to be home …. love travelling … but there’s no place like home!
    Hope to see more positives here soon! Even if things happen in your life that seem insignificant if they are positive then report them here ……….
    Just have to all rejoice in the positives in life!

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Here are my three for today…
    1) My embroidery is really taking shape now.
    2) My lovely grandson had his pre-school injections today and didn’t flinch. I am so proud.
    3) I finally got a positive result on my keto sticks. (It has taken 6 months!)
    Have a lovely evening everyone.

Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by caronl
    on

Hi all: three positives from today:
    1) Didn’t put on any weight during my UK visit, despite a couple of meals out. I find pubs are always ready to help by replacing chips with lovely fresh veg.
    2) Finished the sanding of heaven knows how many banisters and railings. Getting nearer to some actual painting!
    3) Restarted my exercises (Y Plan DVD) – a plan designed for people like me who hate exercise!

Welcome back Verano!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Had a great time the other sunny day, driving down country lanes in the car singing along to Bon Jovi at the top of my lungs just enjoying the moment.

Baby is no longer parked in the corner. My classic land rover has finally been pulled out of the corner of the yard and I towed her over to a land rover specialist to get her back on the road earlier this week.

Planning to take some time off this afternoon, and going to wear some of the smaller size jeans that have been sitting in the pile of “I will get into these sometime” clothes.

• posted by alliecat
    on

It’s wonderful to see some new faces on this thread! Jackie, how nice that you’re being sought after for
    new productions πŸ™‚ You must be very talented! I’m creative and artistic, too, but I think I’d turn into a pillar
    of salt in front of an audience πŸ™‚
    I’m inspired by all of you that are addressing Spring chores with so much industry. Marie123 is busy, disciplined
    enough to get to Spring cleaning (another thread), and I need to stop resting on my tail feathers and follow
    her example. I talk a good game, but I’m not so good at the follow up! I received a subtle reminder of this
    fact this morning, when o/h suggested that the carpeting was beginning to look a bit like “the bottom
    of a birdcage” Haha. Now, where did I leave that vacuum cleaner, again? All said with humor though, and
    no judgement intended πŸ™‚ In our home, we both laugh at ourselves and at each other! Does that work as
    a positive for today???
    Extremely happy to have you back with us, Verano! (I left a message for you on your new thread).

Keep chasing the positives, all πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Allie

• posted by marie123
    on

Verano – Hi and a warm welcome back. You’ve definitely been missed. It sounds like you had a wonderful trip.

Mary – not such a miserable bugger after all it seems. What a lovely positive about your little grandson not flinching at his injection. The last time my son had injections was for a school trip when he was 17. I was in the waiting room and they called me in. He’d fainted and was lying flat out on the floor – all 6 foot of him. I had to cover my grin.

JGwen – my first positive is driving along in the Lakes the other day, like you, singing my heart out – you just can’t beat it!
    Marsie – my second positive is like yours, going to Pilates on Tuesday – my favourite activity at the gym – and having a chat with the new friends I’ve made there.
    My third positive is going to the theatre twice over the weekend (at the Theatre by the Lake in Keswick – what a beautiful setting) and to see a live screening of Macbeth last night with friends. I studied English Literature at University and it’s something I’ve always loved but lost sight of over the years. I’ve recently re-discovered it and now have the time to enjoy it. (Although 3 times in 1 week is just plain bad planning).

Allie – It’s a lovely picture you paint of me – busy and disciplined – but the reality of my approach to spring cleaning is much more akin to yours, sad to say. I’ve managed to pull everything out of cupboards, wardrobes, drawers ‘to be sorted’. I’ve got stuff scattered all over chairs, floors, in black bin bags etc. Now, my husband has asked me to help with delivering materials to do with a local community campaign he’s running, so it’s likely to stay like that for a good few days to come! The positive is I’ve done over 22,000 steps today – hurrah!

Caronl – one of my reasons for the whole spring clean thing is to clear out stuff before I start sanding and painting – so I’m full of admiration that you’ve got to the ‘almost painting’ stage!

• posted by JGwen
    on

Took some time out yesterday to see the man machine in Swansea. – It stayed dry and I was really impressed by the skill of the people who could design such a puppet as well as the skill of the 19 puppeteers working it.
    I managed to do up the next pair of target trousers…… Too tight to wear, but its getting there.
    I have discovered the joys of buying ski tops in the sales. – Not for going skiing, but they are as warm as fleeces and so much more flattering because they are less bulky than sweatshirts and fleeces.

• posted by caronl
    on

1) Just enjoyed a lovely walk on the beach with a friend and my ex-dog. Lovely sunshine and a gentle breeze.
    2) Rejected the free biscuits offered with coffee – progress on the last time out when I opened my mouth to munch on one and almost spat it out!! Not really polite behaviour!
    3) Enjoying a new pair of trousers from Fatface. Up till now I have opted for a bootleg cut, on the grounds that they are more flattering for the “fuller figure”. These are narrower and show off the new me. Feeling chuffed. πŸ™‚ (How do people do emojis on here?).

Good luck with the spring cleaning Marie123. You will feel so good at the end of it!
    I promise I shall sing at the top of my voice in the car next time. Sounds a good letting-go experience!

• posted by Verano
    on

So good to be reading all your positives they really make me smile.

So to mine ….
    1. Thank you for your warm welcome β€˜home’, it’s good to be posting and focusing again.
    2. Had family here for dinner last night. Always a pleasure especially when we get to see our tiny granddaughter.
    3. Managed to find workmen to sort out our few external problems. It’s slways a bonus when they turn up when they say they are coming!

Have a positive day!

• posted by alliecat
    on

End of the work week, everyone, and I hope you’re all looking forward to active weekends! I got 10 full length
    opaque drapery panels bleached and washed today, before I set out on my daily “constitutional”. Nothing
    so inspiring as your 22,000 steps, Marie, which I think is about 11 miles πŸ™‚ A modest 4 for me, but the temp
    today 71F/21.6C, so NO excuses for being lazy. I was rewarded for my efforts in that I spotted 2 of the
    birds that I’ve never seen up close before, feeding in and around a birdfeeder no farther than 20′ from me! I
    must have been in an area close to migratory flight patterns, and I froze in place for what felt like 20 min.
    I don’t know if these two are strictly north american birds, but if this link works, hopefully you can tell me.
    I feel like “alerting the media” because it was so exciting πŸ™‚

http://www.audubon.org/field-guide/bird/indigo-bunting
    http://www.audubon.org/field-guide/bird/rose-breasted-grosbeak

Enjoy stepping out in new/old slimmer trousers, ladies! I used to loathe wide legged fat clothes, and
    I intend to never own another pair of them again. All that fabric flapping around the ankles, ughh.

Oh Marie, only .5lb. from your goal!!! If this wondrous event registers on your scales on Sunday, we
    have a double celebration to share. I like the symmetry in that notion, so I’ll keep my eyes on this space.
    We’re going to have to choose a special song to share on both sides of the Atlantic πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Wishing you all a beautiful Spring weekend filled with sunshine!

Allie

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

I have a few more positives today!

1) I loved looking after my lovely granddaughter yesterday and today.
    2) I am still in ketosis.
    3) The weekend is here.

Have a G R E A T weekend everyone. Love to all.

Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by Verano
    on

Good morning!
    My positives for yesterday…..
    1. Bought a new TV to replace one that’s so old we can no longer remember when we bought it. It really is showing its age though with distorted pictures etc.
    2..Am really enjoying cooking again after such a long break.
    3. Washing all up to date….. now it’s just the ironing!
    Have a good weekend.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Happy sunny Saturday, all πŸ™‚ I just came in from a 5 mile walk, and am feeling very virtuous at the moment!
    This well known 16th century English proverb danced about in my thoughts while I was “hoofing it” through the
    neighborhood (must have been an excess of oxygen to the brain).

“If wishes were horses…. beggars would ride” (It’s not enough to wish upon something; you have to take
    action if you want it to happen). Seems to have the ring of truth to it for the BSD WOL, and applies to each
    of us on this wonderful journey πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

Enjoy the new flat screen, V!

Allie

• posted by marie123
    on

Well, it’s a lovely sunny day here today and I’m about to hit the streets again – walking, (which is what I will be doing, but it doesn’t sound quite right) – Oh dear, a bit of a tangle.

Anyway, Allie, I wanted to quickly say no loss for me today but hope you enjoy this day in particular. You have a lot to be positive about and grateful for, and I know you always are. I’m out most of the day but will hopefully join you later for your celebrations. xx

caronl – yes, I love singing loudly in the car – especially on my own when I don’t have to worry about being out of tune, needing to change key, or even knowing all the words. xx

JGwen – I looked up the man machine thing last time you mentioned it. The nearest it gets to us is Sheffield way, which is still quite a bit south of here – I think it’s there in June-ish. I got to see a similar thing in Liverpool (my home town) a few years back – all I remember was a little girl and a dog, and that it was linked to the story of the Titanic – but there was something quite magical for me in the giant, mechanical puppets, watching how the puppeteers operated them, as you say, and the sheer pleasure of the crowd – there was something almost medieval about it.

Will be back to post my positives later – although feel like I’ve just posted 3!.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Allie, I couldn’t start my day without wishing you CONGRATULATIONS on reaching your 12 months maintenance at target weight anniversary! Big cheers and bloody well done, my friend! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
    Thank you for all of your support and sharing your advice and experiences over the last few month! 😁😁
    Kazzee xx

• posted by Verano
    on

HAPPY β€˜BIRTHDAY’ Allie! A great achievement to be one year into maintenance. Enjoy your day and bask in the glory.

My positives…..
    1. I have started to read Gary Taubes and must say it’s quite interesting so far. I’m only a short way so won’t make judgement yet.
    2. Made some lovely pea, watercress and spinach soup, super healthy.
    3. Was rather lax with counting yesterday but am back on track today.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Happy Anniversary Allie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take a deep breath and rejoice. They say keeping it off for a year is the ticket…..truely gone, gone, gone. LTC

• posted by Marsie
    on

Happy Anniversary, Allie, and congratulations. πŸ‘πŸŽ‰πŸ‘ That is no mean feat ……xx

• posted by caronl
    on

Yes Happy Anniversary Allie. A fantastic achievement. And a big thank you for all the support and wise counsel that you give to this site. All over the planet there will be people doing a jig in their kitchens!

• posted by JGwen
    on

I would like to join in the chorus of congratulations for your anniversary. Thank you for not only being an inspiration but also shining your light so that others can follow in your footsteps.

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Marie123,
    I had forgotten the release from singing along at the top of my voice in the car until recently, the battery died in my previous car and I didn’t have the code for the radio and getting it fixed was something I didn’t get round to.
    You mentioned one of the other topics that you had been busy for the last few days, but it hadn’t brought a scale victory – don’t worry, I find that when that happens to me its worth getting the tape measure out, often there is an inch loss. – Or I have combined exercise with drinking more soda water and I am building up to a whoosh moment.
    I remember about the little girl and dog puppets in Liverpool. I did think about going up to see them but it was a bit far. The man machine was celebrating the copper industry, started off with a tour in Cornwall last year, and this year has been around in the associated areas in Wales, maybe in future years they will do a tour of other mining areas further north?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Kazzi, Mary, LTC, Caron, Marsie, Marie, Verano and JGwen: Thank you all so VERY much for your kind words! I
    think every day of life presents an opportunity for gratitude, and I’m so blessed to have so many comrades in
    arms to “walk this walk” with me. Only fellow BSDers understand the journey we have all been on.
    Reaching targets or maintenance goals is an opportunity to celebrate, and I’m delighted at the prospect of
    starting a new forum tradition in the form of a multinational jigathon!
    At 1:00pm EST, UK 6:00p, I’ll have my dancing shoes on (an old pair of now oversized house slippers πŸ™‚ ), and
    Whitney Houston will be belting out “One Moment In Time….when I’m all that I thought I could be…………….I
    WILL be FREE!”. I dedicate my adopted BSD inspirational song to all of you to enjoy and share πŸ™‚ I tried to
    put up a you tube link for you, but it doesn’t want to work, but you can access it by typing “you tube whitney
    houston one moment in time” into google. The first entry that appears for me is her singing with a backdrop
    of the Olympic games, and is the one I intended for you all to see. We’re running this marathon together!
    I appreciate you so much, and we will Carry On together in our travels. Miracles are miracles….

Much love,

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.