Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, really hope you got away on your trip and that you’ll have a wonderful time.
    smp, hope you’ve found your groove and managed to stay BSD motivated.

Thought I was overdue making a positive post, so here I am with a few ….
    🏖🚘 enjoyed our few days away from our usual location in Turkiye …. some enforced relaxation for OH and chill-out time together.
    👍🏻☀️ proper summer weather has set in here, such that a blanket is not needed on the bed now.
    🍓🥕 off to market today, to stock up on some lovely fresh fruit and veg.

Whatever you are doing, I hope life is bringing lots of positives your way and that you might have a moment to tell us about one or a few.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello …. Sunny! Looks like nobody else is posting here!

Yes thank you we did get away, and had a wonderful trip, OH was ‘normal’ no anxiety attacks and even looking to book more holidays! All looking good. So that really is my only but ‘greatest’ positive. Looks like we might continue travelling …. whoopee!!!

Sunny hope you are still having a wonderful holiday, not too hot, great food and lots of time spent with friends. Enjoy!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, so pleased you had a wonderful holiday and that it looks like more travel is on the cards for you again.

Yes, it’s sad not more people post here, but I’ll continue to keep bumping the thread to the top of the list…. hope you’ll continue to join in too.

Overall we’re having a good time, although due to the passing of a friend here, the last couple of weeks brought some trying times, hence my not posting here for so long. Anyway, things have settled a bit now and I can report the following positives ….
    👍🏻 OH is now only a few days off completing ALL the tiling in the new villa, after which, he is taking some proper time off👏😃
    🥳 New kitchen should be installed by this time next week🤞🏻
    👗 treated myself to a new dress today 🤭

Whoever happens to read this post, hope you can identify some positives in your life and will take a moment to share a few with us here.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi all, especially SunnyB and Verano who seem to be the stalwarts of this thread.

After losing my very expensive necklace I came to certain realisations which I can use as positives in my live.

I don’t need things. They don’t bring happiness and even though I had it for over 50 years I was afraid to wear it so now it is gone I don’t have to worry about it.
    With that ‘what the hell’ mentality we booked another cruise and to hell with the money – lets look forward to the experiences we will have.
    What else, I have lost one pound of the 2lbs needed by next week so well on track.

I hope others will look at life with a positive view and forget about what is not perfect.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!

Sunny, so pleased to hear your villa is progressing. Do you have any finishing date yet? All sounds good anyway!

S-g positives are the way to go! You are so right ….we can’t look at life as ‘perfect’ …. whose definition of ‘perfect’ ???

So to my positives ….

🎋🌿☘️ I can’t find an emoji for 3’ grass but that was our garden until today. Way overgrown but now looking OK.

🛫✈️ Just booked a flight to go and see our son and family in Portugal at the beginning of next month. Really so excited to see them after nearly 6 months.

😀😀😀 Just really happy that after 4 days home I’m just half a pound short of my pre-cruise weight. Just have to keep going now!

• posted by Verano
    on

Just popping in to say hello and to keep this thread alive.

🎉🎉 Celebrating that my ‘cruise extra luggage’ has been discarded plus a little more.
    🧺🧺 Washing completely up to date but still some ironing to do. I actually like ironing I just love to see those freshly ironed piles!
    🍅🌽🥬 Lots of lovely salads happening here. Weather not brilliant but not dire enough to make salad a no-no.

Hope you’re weather, in which ever part of the world you are in, is good but not too hot.
    If you have just one positive please post.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

V, thank you for keeping this thread near the top of the list and huge well done to you on ditching that ‘extra luggage’ so quickly.
    I’m sure I can find a positive or two, so here goes …
    🙂🙃 kitchen install and tiling in villa completed …. can hardly believe it!
    👏🥳 DD has had a really good job offer and her base will be in walking distance. So although there will be travelling required, her day to day commute will be drastically slashed, which is a huge bonus.
    🚘💕 pleasant day running errands with OH.

That will do for me today. Hope others will join us and post their positives here too.

• posted by Ruby Frances
    on

Three good things that have happened to me:

1. I figured out how to keep myself upright when I am sleeping but still completely relaxed. This is greatly decreased my sleep apnea symptoms. Sleep apnea increases cortisol and makes it more difficult to diet. All the sugar from your blood is sucked away as fat almost immediately when your cortisol levels are high. Your brain then screams at you to eat because it needs easily mobilized sugar which fat is not.

2. Weather is beautiful here in the Pacific northwest. It’s sunny but not too hot with a cool gentle breeze. All the spring flowers are blooming and everything looks so bright and colorful.

3. I am going to fill four bags of books today to give to the library for their sale.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• posted by Happy1Qld
    on

3 super things today
    Hubby has Covid for first time and he’s a starting to improve
    I haven’t caught it this time ( had it twice already
    Feeling much better now than earlier in the day and the sun had been shining all day !!! ( its midwinter here ) .
    Hope everyone had a good day !!!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi there,
    Happy1Qld, you made me smile. Im assuming it is the fact hubby is improving after Covid rather than him having it. I guess from your name you are in Queensland also the right time of year (your winter).

My positives
    At last I got hubby to come with me to buy a new bathroom cabinet – the bit with the sink in. We have a double but couldnt fit space for a mascerator toilet installing. So we have bought a single sink unit. Something sleek and modern. We are never in the bathroom at the same time anyway.
    I phone a plumber for a quote for fitting said toilet and cabinet, he arrived after 30 minutes and given us a fantastic quote.
    Going for a swim in a few minutes, when hubby has stopped strimming and cleared the pool of the crap he has stirred up.

Have a good week / weekend.

• posted by Verano
    on

Welcome Ruby Frances and Happy1Qld lovely to have you on board with your positives.

Sunny sounds like things are really moving along. Hopefully you will soon be in!

Not much for me to report today….

🌶️🧄🫛 Just had a Thai meal for the first time in an age. Had som tam salad and chicken satay. Hadn’t realised the satay was fried in a coating but managed to get rid of some. Anyway it was a lovely change.

🛫🏨🏖️Have booked a trip to go and see our son and family in Portugal at the beginning of July so really looking forward to that.

💻📖✒️ Just had a really quiet ‘catching up’ day today which was lovely. Tomorrow will be back to the ironing and preparing for our trip.

If you had any positive today please post.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    I posted on the monthly thread so thought I would pop in here just to say “hello”!

🥦🍅🥑Into my third week of ‘weighing, counting and recording’ and it seems to be working!

☀️☀️☀️ Sun has been shining for the last few days so nothing to be unhappy about. It might be the longest day of the year today…. but it will still be ‘ages’ before autumn, so we just have to enjoy what we have.

🛫🏖️🧳 Just 11 days till we jet of to see our family in Portugal. That has to be a positive!

Have a good weekend!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thought it passed time I posted here again … thank you to everyone for recent contributions, always good to see the thread in use.

Anyway, positives for me right now …
    🌡☀️ temps slightly down today and this evening feeling markedly cooler than the past week or so. Nice to have a little respite from it being above 30 almost constantly.
    👗👖 bought a new dress and palazzo trousers on a recently shopping trip … especially liking the trousers, as they lend themselves to both day and evening wear. They are fast becoming favourites in my wardrobe!
    💖🙂 OH is taking proper time out from working on the villa build, so have been enjoying relaxing days together. It’s important he has some real downtime before we head home and he’s been taking that seriously for a change!

Hope you have had a wonderful weekend and will post a positive or two soon.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello!
    Sunny hope you are still having a wonderful time.

Hadn’t realised just how long it is since I was last here!

🏖️🏨🧳 Coming towards the end of our trip with just 3 more days before we fly home. Weather has been wonderful.

🍅🥬🥯 Lots of lovely healthy foods with the odd, well maybe not so odd, indulgence thrown in.

🥦🥬🥑 Not really looking forward to being home but am longing for my normal ‘healthy’ diet again!

Hope everyone is feeling positive!

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Morning all.
    We look forward to Sunny and Verano being home….
    **am enjoying this Keto diet MM’s the fast 800 keto which has helped me stay focused
    **weather is sunny today so makes you feel better
    **looking forward to my hols in 5 weeks

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Apologies for not posting for some time. We home now, after an eventful drive back from Turkiye …. so positives right now are ….
    🚗🙂 arrived home safely despite a poorly car and thankfully, OH things he can undertake the repair himself.
    🐥🌤 village Duck Race happened yesterday and we were blessed with a fine day.
    🙂🙂 DD won a new job, she went to interview for a GM position and was offered Area Manager … quite a feather in her cap. She started today and says she’s had a good day.
    🧳🧺 unpacking now complete, just need to get the laundry sorted out now
    🍽🥗 happy to be getting back to normal eating again. Have a good few pounds to ditch, so need to get serious about this WoE again.

Looking forward reading positives from more of you soon.

Please log in or register to post a reply.