Positive Thoughts Thread Anyone?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi NATALIE SUNNY and all! Looks like we’ve just rolled over onto page 107 🥳
    SUNNY Good news about both Mum and GS and hubs hair!💜
    NATALIE I just love the smell of lavender 💜and the colour,I’m wearing a lavender colour top today
    My positives..
    *~ Looking forward to going over to DDs shortly for coffee and catch up
    *~ My second 12 day mini challenge ( over on the 100 days to Easter challenge) is going well,now on day 7.
    The first 12 day,I lost almost 12 pounds, a real whoooooosh moment,and I know I can’t expect same again,but I’m feeling good on it,and also my “9 days 9 things that help my health and wellbeing” is going well too. All over much better feel good vibe and had to take off a pair of trousers as they made me resemble a clown they have become voluminous round my thighs!
    *~ Feeling like taking on another little challenge,one I did a few years ago,from a book whose title I now forget…but basically it involves turning tv off for a week and doing other things like draw,paint,bake,go for nature walks and so on.
    Feels like a good thing to do as we get closer to springtime!
    Have a fab week everybody and keep those positives coming!
    ****“ Whatever you are, be a good one”(Abraham Lincoln)****

• posted by Verano
    on

WOW! We’ve flipped over to yet another page!
    New page …. new start!
    So if anybody is feeling they need to refresh, restart or rejuvenate … now is the time!
    I’ve had a weekend off ‘‘planned’ off plan and have really enjoyed it. I won’t get weighed now until Tuesday …. I do have positives ….
    🌹🌷🌼 Well first daffodil has almost broken into flower. I’m sure by tomorrow it will be showing it’s beautiful yellow petals.
    ⚽️⚽️⚽️ Football is delaying my lovely Thai curry….but hey longer cooking equals more flavour …. I hope!
    🛁🧴🛁 Tomorrow, following Yowzer, will be my day of hair rejuvenator, facial mask and lots of luxury body lotion. Sometimes I think we need to be selfish and look after ourselves first …. tomorrow is my day!
    Hope this week is a positive week for all of us, whether ut be spring or autumn on its way we can all make the best if it.

• posted by Natalie
    on

New page and new week!
    😷 The word came down from on high this afternoon that yes, in line with State easing of restrictions, we no longer have to wear masks at work. Since it has rained constantly (it seems) all spring and summer it is incredibly humid here in Sydney and wearing a mask has been a bit of a trial lately so I was ecstatic. Of course I should and will still wear one in any high risk situations like when I can’t social distance, but when there is no one nearby I can take it off!
    😀 I was thanked for being so approachable and helpful. Apparently my colleagues looked a bit scary today! They are all lovely really.
    📚 The meditative pleasure of covering a new book with smooth contact.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hola folks! Happy Monday! V I hope you’re enjoying your pampering day! NAT I use a lot of audiobooks but there’s nothing nicer than holding a brand new book in yr hands x
    My happy things for today…
    *~ Went shopping,just basics and some Ritter choc for DD and SIL.who love it. Walking uphill with two bags of not heavy shopping…struggling a bit,but glad of some cardio vascular exercise. Young guy offered to carry my shopping for me. Made me feel ancient and fat,but how sweet. We have some lovely young people 💜 I was smiling to myself as he was in shorts and flip flops in the cold and rain..they don’t seem to feel the cold!
    *~ Pleased I resisted choc for me,but did buy croissants to put in freezer for Easter. 😋
    *~ Treated self to a lovely cappucino. Two ladies round my age at the next table we’re discussing what to get for their next tattoos. One of them said she still had her Christmas tree up 🥳 xx
    Keep smiling,the world is still full of nice people despite the gloomy news to the contrary. XX

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Hope you’re all having a good Monday.
    Natalie sit must have made you feel good someone saying you look approachable 😁.
    Yowser I hope your Thai curry was good.
    My positives
    My fiance negotiated a cheaper price for my car insurance.
    It is my daughter’s birthday today.
    Got back into my walking, hadn’t done much as the weather was so bad last week. It is so good to see the buds beneath the bark about to burst through.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi. They say you learn something everyday well I discovered that Thai curry, unlike India curry, doesn’t like longer cooking. My curry last night, after 21 penalties had lost all its ‘freshness’…. edible but not as enjoyable!
    Positives for the day ….
    1.🚿🧴🛀 Only managed pampering hair wash. A while ago I treated myself to some very upmarket hair products which are worth their weight in gold! But today I did use my lovely Clarins (many other brands available) body lotion. Unfortunately I’m down to just half a bottle so will keep it for when I need to feel ‘special’.
    2. 🥢🌶🍗 Wonderful Korean chicken tonight. I have a lovely spicy recipe with gochujang and miso together with a few other things. Really tasty but also very easy!
    3. 📺📺📺 Wet miserable day here today but brightened up by catching up on ‘Chloe’. Watched the first episode and it all looks a bit ‘mad’ but quite addictive. I’m sure it will be good ….. unless anybody knows any different???
    Natalie good to hear you have some ‘normality’ creeping back in.
    Elle-Mae …. Happy Birthday to your daughter. It was my daughter’s on Saturday, yesterday would have been my BIL’s, and today is my cousins! February is obviously a great month for birthdays!
    Yowzer I also have audiobooks, which I think are great for ‘sciences based’ books but I agree with you when it comes to ‘hand feel’ especially for novels. I like to visualise the characters myself rather than have somebody else’s spin by the tone of their voice. BTW where do you buy Ritter I don’t think I’ve seen it in the UK and I love the one with hazelnuts….. on second thoughts don’t tell me!
    Now I need to add a number 4 ….. 🍫🍫🍫 my daughter bought me my favourite chocolate …. 74% with orange and geranium it tastes just like Fry’s Turkish delight, for those who remember that, but still relatively BSD friendly.
    Talking about which …. Sunny …. almost March so you ‘count down’ to Turkey must be getting shorter…. not long now!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

How great are we, flipping over to another page already?! We seem to be moving on to new pages really frequently these days!!!

Bet it feel wonderful to be able to say fiance, Elle, doesn’t it?
    Yowser, well done on resisting chocolate and for keeping up your 9/9 wellbeing challenge.
    Natalie, it is nice to feel things are returning to normal, even if by small increments.
    V, enjoy your pamper session … we certainly all need a little of that.

After a busy weekend, today has been quieter, but think there must be a positive or two to be recognised ….
    🧹 bit of spring cleaning, so of nothing else, there’s definitely less dust 🤭🤣
    🚗 a car down, so as OH had to used the only mobile one, I couldn’t grocery shop today…. upside is I’ve been forced to get creative for dinner this evening. Making a simple pasta dish for OH and a veggie meal for me.
    📱chatted with two friends I’ve not spoken to in awhile. Was good to catch up on their news.

My look forward to for tomorrow is the grocery shop … sad I know!

Going to close with this, which I read this morning …
    ‘Return to the simplest heart, sit down in the quietest place and ignore the hustle and bustle of the world.’

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO!you deserve a treat even if you wait til Easter to get it,so I ‘ll tell you Waitrose sell Ritter £1 for 100 g bar,but new Lidl ( Garston) has a great selection of Ritter bars..huge,at least twice the size of WR,for £1.99.
    Now please tell me the choc yr DD bought as it sounds yummy and I want some for Easter!😋
    Ps yes first episode of Chloe is confusing but it falls into place. I binge watched the whole thing and enjoyed tho I found a few happenings a little implausible. Artistic licence I guess. Seems to happen in a lot of fiction. Talking of which,audiobooks..even if it’s a book I’m interested in,I can’t listen unless I like the readers voice!
    LOVE that quote SUNNY! X
    ELLE MAE hope yr DD had a lovely day 💚
    Hugs to all! Bye bye Feb! Yayyyyyy! XX

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer thanks!! Might have a look in the new Lidl. My absolute ‘treat’ is Montezumas ‘Happy Hippy’. I don’t buy it for myself because it’s so moreish so it’s a ‘once in a blue moon’ treat!
    I’ll carry on with Chloe and see where it takes me!
    Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Natalie
    on

☕️ The baristas-in-training next door to my workplace needed people to practice on. I don’t drink coffee but agreed to accept a hot chocolate. After all, how badly can you mess up a hot chocolate? The rather charming, very Italian teacher sent my first one back as it was barely warm (the trainee drank it). I watched a second trainee make the next attempt with slightly warmer skim milk (I suppose at least it wasn’t water!) and chocolate powder then the teacher stopped them squirting in some chocolate syrup. So I guess there are numerous ways you can mess up a hot chocolate! It was amusing, but my real positive is I politely took it away with me and had a few sips before tipping it down the sink. If I’m going to indulge in hot chocolate it will be Lindt chocolate with lots of cream!
    🌧 The rain stopped for long enough for me to walk to the other end of campus and back.
    🛌 My night sweats seem to have stopped. Maybe the third jab counteracted the aftereffects of COVID? Not waking every night with drenched pjs and sheets is wonderful.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

For a positive, I’ve got a silly California thrasher out in the brambly rose just screaming his head off for a mate! He is singing non-stop from sunrise to sunset with the nutty inter-laced snippets that thrashers use — just a bunch of made up noise repeated in twos or threes.

You cannot listen to him without laughing out loud!

How are the birds in the UK? Or where you are? I still remember the month of May in Somerset — oh my gosh, an absolutely cacophony in the woods — it was so captivating. I need to go back for another May just to hear it again.

Spring in California is in full bloom — fruit trees, daffodils, wild plums, five-spot, poppies!
    I’ve got a conference on walnut growing tomorrow up in Red Bluff (northern California) and I am so looking forward to the four hour drive because it will be wildly green and flowering all the way up the Central Valley..

I know your spring is just about to “pop”!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Happy Pancake Tuesday peeps!
    CALIF GIRL..a variety of lovely tiny birds round here,plus pigeons,wood pigeons, magpies,big black ones I don’t know if they’re crows or ravens,seagulls,an occasional owl. I put food out for the birds every day. Love to hear them singing.💕
    Spring in California sounds beautiful X
    NATALIE well done on throwing away the hot choc..I agree,unless it’s sumptuously gorgeous,why spend the cals and carbs! X
    My pancake positives…!😋
    *~ Completing my 9/9 challenge today ……got told yesterday,” you’re glowing,what have you been doing” …so the facials and extra water drinking have helped. My next thing is,from tomorrow,trying to have a very economical month money wise. Like many people have been a bit extravagant over the last two years with impulse buys. So this month it’s a big push to save £££££s AND lose lbs!
    *~ Tried on two tops,hoodies I bought last Sept, but they didn’t fit..they fit comfortably now,so can use them for spring walks tho they were bought for autumn walks!
    *~ I’m not having any pancakes today but going to have two on Saturday when my 12 day challenge finishes..can’t wait,so yummy! XX

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Hi all from a lovely sunny 1st day of spring ☀️
    Yes Sunny it is great to be able to call him my fiance, I still can’t quite believe it’s real, probably the 💍 will help with that.
    I had a lovely peaceful walk along the beach listening to the waves crashing before I went home for breakfast. On the way there I popped into the village butchers with a bag of donations, he is collecting to go out to Ukraine.
    I have just come back from my diabetic eye screening, to which my future MIL drove me.
    Going to make the keto pancakes from MM’s new book for us tonight.

• posted by Verano
    on

I’m hoping this link works ! It just made me smile and hopefully all of us of a certain will find this amusing …. goodness knows we need something a little light hearted….
    https://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fpics.me.me%2F10-june-at-11-07-3-seenager-just-discovered-my-58241129.png&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fme.me%2Fi%2F10-june-at-11-07-3-seenager-just-discovered-my-8fe810c50ebe473eb907d6bb302e9dca&tbnid=OIGpkQeS7ip5qM&vet=12ahUKEwjnp7CF0aX2AhVPM8AKHRdeAckQMygAegUIARCVAQ..i&docid=l6wc-jCqo4wZcM&w=500&h=555&itg=1&q=seenager%20poem&hl=en-GB&client=safari&ved=2ahUKEwjnp7CF0aX2AhVPM8AKHRdeAckQMygAegUIARCVAQ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Just love that Verano!!! It’s soooo true and I’m most definitely a seenager! At present I’m not quite in ‘count down to Turkey mode’, have a number of birthdays to sort first.
    Elle, I’m sure the ring will help a great deal 🤭🙂. Hope the eye check went well.
    Yowser, there’s no stopping you with challenges!
    CG, all those spring observations sound wonderful. We are being treated to a week of rain in Somerset! There are tiny spring flowers bravely blooming, but spring bird song is in a little short supply at the moment. Enjoy your trip away.
    Okay, well let’s see what positives I can find for today …
    🪥 treated myself to a new sonic toothbrush, to replace a very tired one I’ve had for a good 15+yrs. Looking forward to testing it out in the morning.
    🥫 got out to do this weeks grocery shopping, so all stocked up and no need to venture out in the rain again this week.
    🪴 bought two bags of compost, in anticipation of being able to plant up a new container in better weather.
    🏠 given all that is going on in the world, very grateful for having a warm home in a safe place and without threat of flood.
    I’m sure you’ll find there have been positives in your day, so please take a moment to post a couple for us all the share.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks! Seenager,what a great title!That was great VERANO,both true and funny all at the same time! 😀🙂🙃

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi guys just popping in to say hellllo,not got much to add except grateful for all the blessings of today..free to go where I’ve wanted to and everything around me peaceful and calm 💜 So fortunate.
    Saw this quote from Mother Teresa and liked and resonated with it…
    “I was once asked why I don’t participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon you have a pro-peace rally, I’ll be there.” ( me too!)
    VERANO I’ve got some happy hippy choc! Thanks for the heads up! Putting it away til Mother’s Day
    🌸🌷🌸 🌷Love to all xxxx🌸🌷🌸🌷

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Like you Yowser, today has not been one with obvious positives for me either. Guess my high point was a good meditation session …. oh, and OH’s valentine gift arriving at long last! Sponsored a springer spaniel for the year for him and the sponsorship pack arrived this morning. He’d love to have a dog, but with us travelling so much it wouldn’t be practical, so I thought this would be a good compromise. Made him smile🙂, so that’s a plus.

Looking forward to meeting GS for a coffee after he finishes college tomorrow. Going to go into town early, to shop for cards and browse a charity shop or two.

Hope you’ve had a good day and have things to look forward to for tomorrow.

• posted by Natalie
    on

💦 There were flood warnings for Sydney today and I wasn’t scheduled to work so I kept the kids home, cancelled some appointments and stayed inside. It poured all day but the severe weather warnings have been cancelled now. We are all safe and well, which is always a big positive.
    📖 I spent a lot of the day studying and got a big section of week one done. I bought one textbook online and ordered another from the library. And I got involved in the forums.
    🦋 I love finding the right emojis.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Really pleased you’re all safe and well, Natalie and well done on the studies. Fingers crossed that the worst of the weather has passed and you won’t have to take any further flood precautions. Stay safe.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi folks! Wet and gloomy here,hope better for you xx
    BUT I refuse to be gloomy so here’s my contribution for Thursday..
    SUNNY! a sponsored dog,how lovely! I’ve got one and I get newsletters ‘ from’ him. In fact my first sponsored dog has finally been rehomed and I now have a different little fella…also a sponsored cat. For just a few quid per month you can help a little four footed creature have a good life. My DD once had a sponsored fox who she wd visit at the fox sanctuary,get down on the floor and play with him,and come home smelling dreadful!
    NATALIE I hope all ok today with you and the fam X
    VERANO! I think you said you liked the hazelnut Ritter? I checked today and they had some in L**l!
    What’s been going on in my corner of the world…
    *~ This morning a lovely friend was kind enough to send me a short Qi Gong YouTube video! I had told her I’d love to try it but can’t stand for long,and she thoughtfully sent me a short session. Really enjoyed it and felt good after giving it a go.💜
    * ~ Went out for a quick easy lunch…. I was v disciplined..despite all the goodies on offer,I chose scrambled eggs on toast… minus the toast 😀🙂🙃
    *~ En route we stopped to pick up my prescription. Beau said he wd collect it as it was pouring with rain. I watched him get out of the car,walk straight past the chemists,carefully put his mask on,and step inside next door,which is an English and Maths tuition centre.Two seconds later he blundered out, looking confused! 😀😀
    So appreciative for free prescriptions for oldies, I have seven items,it wd cost a fortune every month if I had to pay.
    Wherever you are,have a good day/ evening/ night and remember this..
    💚💕You’re not a drop in the ocean,you’re the entire ocean in a drop xx💚💕

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello everyone!
    Hope the floods are abating in Australia and that everyone is safe?
    As Yowzer said it’s been wet and miserable here today …. very light misselly rain the type which soaks you, but thankfully, no floods.
    Sunny think my toothbrush must be a similar age to yours and it seems to be losing its charge very quickly now so maybe the time is close for me to replace it too.
    Thank you all so much for your ‘positives’ they really are uplifting.
    I think I’m scraping the bottom of the barrel here but ….
    📺📺📺 Finally finished ‘Chloe’ and I must admit it was gripping if with a slightly mystifying end! Maybe I missed something? Yowzer … was Elliot a psychopath???
    🥦🌶🐟 Easy dinner tonight with salmon from last night for me. Cottage pie out of the freezer for OH. Must admit after two years with very few meals out or takeaways I’m starting to get really bored with cooking. Maybe it’s just ‘end of winter blues’. I’m really looking forward to the spring and lighter food, and new recipes.
    ✂️🚿✂️ Hair appointment booked for next week. I so look forward to my roots being done especially as I’ve gone an extra few weeks since my last appointment and my roots are starting to jump out and hit me in the face! Thank goodness for spray hair colour!
    Hope this evening is full of positives for everyone. Almost the weekend again! Enjoy!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Wet and gloomy here too, Yowser. Glad you enjoyed your venture into qigong and your lunch out with Beau. Your story about him going in the wrong door made me smile.
    Getting in early with some positives (for me at least) …
    🔨 OH has started building the cabinets to go under the stairs, hopefully they will be complete and populated before we go away at the end of the month.
    ☕ nice little coffee catch up with GS after college … pleased he seems more upbeat at the moment.
    🙂 got the last of the celebration cards I need. One step closer to being organised for the birthdays happening while we are out of the country.
    🖥 didn’t have time to check out the charity shops today, but did treat myself to a couple of TV shopping channel purchases🤭 … one a necessity and one an indulgence.
    🌹 took delivery of a new rose bush this morning. Ordered it last June, delivery window was Nov’21 to Mar’22. Not having seen it, contacted the company last week. Transpired that it had been sent out in Nov, but not received. They immediately offered to send a replacement, which arrived today. Very impressed with their service and the love healthy plant supplied.
    My ‘look forward to’ for tomorrow… date night, which is all planned with advance prep done.
    Whatever the day brought your way, hope it included some high points.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

VERANO I’m sorryI don’t recall much of the story now,I’ve got a goldfish brain and it’s a few weeks since I watched…
    All I really remember is that Erin Doherty played her part so well. Here’s a link to an article about the ending,hope it helps.
    https://www.radiotimes.com/tv/drama/chloe-ending-explained-bbc-amazon/
    SUNNY so glad you had a good time with GS and made some purchases!👏👏me joy your date night tomozz,it’s such a lovely idea! 🌸🌷

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer … huge thanks!

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

🌳Walking into office enjoying seeing the trees and bushes on the cusp of new life bursting through.
    ☀️The sun is shining.
    🌈 Although showers on the drive home, but there was a rainbow 😁
    I bought petrol on the way home, not empty but the price will only go up!
    Lentil and feta salad for lunch and pork wrapped in Parma ham with roasted butternut squash. I am going to roast it in its skin a first so will be interesting, easier than peeling one but if might be too hot to handle we shall see.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ELLE MAE always so lovely to see a rainbow isnt it! X
    It’s a Friday ..the weekend starts here! ( who remembers that from Ready Steady Go,on tv Friday evenings in the 60s! )
    My positives..
    *~ So heartwarming to see Hungary,Poland,Germany on tv news,welcoming refugees arriving by coach with offers of accommodation,beds,sofas,and giving them fruit and chocolate. There’s so much kindness in the world,usually from ordinary people who often don’t have much themselves,but are ready to share. Bless them.
    *~ Have got through several chores today! Ta Dah! list really motivates me
    *~ I’m having pancakes tomorrow,didn’t have them on Tuesday,and I’m very very excited😋
    🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷 Enjoy your weekend,as we move ever closer to springtime!! 🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷🌸🌷

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Rainbows are the ‘positive’ part of rain!
    Sunny I’d forgotten about ‘look foreward to’s’ thanks for the reminder and enjoy your ‘date night’ tonight.
    Yowzer you remind me that I need to start a TaDah! list. Enjoy your pancakes tomorrow.
    Well, yes, another weekend just about to start, the weeks are just disappearing.
    🐟🥦🍆 Baked sea bream with vegetables and my standard cauliflower mash tonight. I love fish!!!
    🚕🚕🚕 Organising the last few details for our trip in May. Have found a new to us airport transfer service so now need to cancel and rebook our transport. Just keeping everything crossed that it does all go ahead.
    📺⛱🌞 Can anyone help? I have a question. I caught up on the Apprentice earlier and discovered Celebrity Apprentice Australia 2021. One episode was about swimwear and was based in Bondi. Ravessi’s Corner appeared … is that the same Ravessi’s that was there in the early 2000’s? Would love to know because I spent several happy lunches there with my son when he was living in Australia. Either way many happy memories were brought to mind.
    Yowzer BTW one of the ‘celebrities’ is Martha from MAFS!
    Almost 6pm and it’s still light , well not dark! Roll on the 27th!
    Have a good weekend.
    P.S. my ‘look forward to’ for tomorrow is batch cooking bolognese. I know that doesn’t sound like much fun but I love bolognese with courgetti and I’ve run out. So that’s both my to-do and my look forward to …. nothing nicer than a huge pot of bolognese bubbling on the hob for a few hours to ‘mature’.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hola friends! Hope everyone is feeling tippety top! Anyone feeling as mad as a March Hare?🙂🙃😀
    *~ Weigh in for Yowzer this morning after my second 12 day mini challenge..lost 3 and a half pounds. Altogether over the last 32 days I have lost one stone,one and a quarter pounds. Quite happy with that specially as I had 8 days in between the two challenges of not making good food choices. 😋😋🙄🙄
    *~ ~ Enjoyed the treat I promised myself this weekend..two pancakes for brekky with lemon and sugar…lovely but phew I felt full afterwards …and had indigestion!
    *~ We’ve had a nice avvo out,on outskirts of city centre…it was buzzing.
    Lots of out of town Liverpool FC supporters here overnight for tonight’s footy match….and several stag and hen parties..all bringing so much business into Lpool.
    One of the stag parties were all wearing short frilly dresses..I love seeing when they’ve dressed up as women,shows they don’t take themselves too seriously. We went to the park afterwards but nowhere to park..it was packed..even tho it was cold it was sunny and had a springlike vibe!
    *~ Bought a hanging tray to feed the birds …from Lidl’s famous bargain middle aisle!
    Enjoy your bolly VERANO! SUNNY hope date night was a big success! Do you include a little drinkypoo?🥂

• posted by Josal
    on

1. Decided to start and take it seriously.
    2. Cleaning out cupboards and fridge and realising how fortunate I am to be able to throw out stuff and replace it with healthier options
    3. Starting at a new gym that is supportive and run by a local lady who is also a friend.

• posted by Natalie
    on

🎲 Gaming afternoon (dungeons and dragons) went well, I am the “dungeon master” (DM) who runs the game and I wrote the story too. The players are hurtling towards the final confrontation with the immortality-obsessed Lord Dunhauk.
    ☀️ The sun came out a few times this weekend, it was lovely to have the occasional break in the rain.
    🍖 I made a huge beef rib casserole with red wine and thyme for our family dinner and it turned out really well, with enough left over for another meal for us. Lots of flavour.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Apologies for not being here for a couple of days, Friday was busy and then yesterday I was running below par…. confess to a little too much alcohol on Friday night, Yowser!
    Anyway, I have been reading all the positives posted, although I won’t acknowledge individual ones this time, it’s lovely to see so many of you contributing.

Positives from me today are ….
    💃🕺 lovely date night on Friday, including plenty of chat, giggles and dancing.
    🙂 got ahead of the game …. have OH’s 70th birthday pressie ordered! Usually there has to be a last minute panic buy, as he never knows what he’d like. This year, he’d mentioned in passing something he was thinking of getting for himself, so I pounced on the idea!
    📱Good chat with son yesterday.
    ☀️ it may have been cold, but at least we have seen the sun three days in a row now. Not all day sunshine, but better than rain!
    🔨 OH has the first of the understairs units installed … two more to go, fronts to be added and then I can start populating them. Silly to be excited about this, but I am!

Not sure there is anything in particular I’m looking forward to tomorrow, just hoping for a pleasant day.

Enjoy the rest of your day wherever you are and take a moment to post a positive or two if you can. 😊

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Afternoon all
    Yowser you made me grin you are so upbeat 😁
    Natalie and Verano I have taken a leaf out your books, made enough lunch, lentil pasta, roasted veg and mozzarella, and also dinner cheats cassoulet yesterday so no cooking today 👩‍🍳
    On my walk through the village I go past a field of sheep and lambs, so cute 🐑
    Fiance slipped over at work yesterday and has hurt his tailbone and cut his hand on a glass he was holding at the time, so a quiet Sunday resting for us.
    Checked in for our flights to Scotland and then onto England for later in the month to visit family ✈️

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Yowzer great result…. keep on keeping on……….
    Welcome Josal the more positives we can share the better.
    Natalie so sorry about your rainy bout but I guess there are some parts the country that are over the moon. If only we all had the required amount of sun and water then the world would be happy.
    Sunny surely more storage = more hoarding!
    A very, very quiet day for me today. I will always think of Sunday as a weekend day so one to relax and enjoy and I did….
    📺📺📺 Caught up with the last episode of Celebrity Apprentice Australia.Then ……
    📺📺📺 Finished watching ‘The Holiday’ just thankful that my holidays are ‘normal’. Nonetheless definitely worth a watch.
    🌞⛱🌞 The sun is shining and my new blind is actually working as it should. It took four visits to get the sensor in the right position but now we have shade when we have sun, so lift-off …. all working well.
    Monday tomorrow, new day, new week, new start …. I need a leaf out of your book Yowzer!
    Have a good week everyone …. less than 3 weeks before the clocks jump forward! We’re on the last lap now … almost there …keep looking towards spring and then summer …. we’re almost there! Just want to say sorry to our ‘Southern’ friends who are about to enter Autumn.
    My ‘look forward to’ for tomorrow is a huge pile of ironing! The positive will be how great I feel when it’s done!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy all and Welcome JOSAL! X👏👏
    *~ Just a quicky… thinking about losing around 15 lbs in Feb. Our cat weighs about 18 lb and he’s so heavy to lift up. So I’ve lost a cat minus say a tail and two ears! 😺
    *~ VERANO really enjoyed two squares of happy hippy choc! 😘 ..the rest squirrelled away til Easter
    *~ Loooooonger days getting closer now!
    Have a happy healthy new week everybods! X off to feed the 🦊 🦊 🦊 before Coronation Street! X

• posted by Natalie
    on

☔️ Tonight I had to pickup my daughter from gymnastics in the dark and pouring rain. It’s about a 20 min drive each way, and with some deep puddles on the road and poor visibility due to heavy rain it was a bit scary. I usually wait in the car for her to come out but I decided to walk up to the door with an umbrella. Unfortunately she came out of a different door and we missed each other! I watched every other child and the coaches come out, while she found the parked car and texted me to ask where I was. By the time we found each other, she was soaked to the skin and I stepped in a puddle (in sneakers) and there was so much water over the sports complex driveway I was scared we weren’t going to be able to get out. Obviously the big positive in this situation is that we are now home, safe and dry and it’s just an adventure from the past.

I can’t actually think of any other positives but honestly that is enough for me for now.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Big hugs Natalie, must have been an awful night, but at least you are now both dry warm and safe.🤗

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi positive peeps!🥳😋🙂🙃
    NATALIE it’s always so nice to get warm and cosy isnt it,have a hot drink,after being soaked to the skin!
    ELLE MAE ouch! Sounds painful…Hope Fiancé is ok today!
    Nice things today in my day so far..
    *~ I’m having a tv diet..v limited tv watching this week ( not that I watch v much tv anyway) and iPad scrolling/ emailing down to twice a day,one check a.m. and one check pm (I do FAR too much usually)
    Instead today I’ve spent my time..
    * writing and posting a letter to an old friend
    * ringing another old friend for a catch up
    * re-delivered a letter for a neighbour that came to me by mistake
    * Had a lovely walk on this chilly bright day and chatted to three different people I met en route
    *Sat and looked at the sun shining on the river
    * Did some colouring in my mindfulness book ( I’ve had it for well over a year and only opened it twice before)
    * Read up on Feng Shui and learnt sthing interesting about the 27 thing..even just lifting / putting down 27 things counts,or re arranging furniture,or dusting 27 things..it all counts,it’s all shifting energy,releasing stagnant energy,making space for new and better things…It’s quite fascinating! Every days a school day! 😘
    Love and hugs to all xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Verano, I’m getting really excited about the days getting longer again too. It really is very noticeable now.
    Natalie, collecting your daughter sounds like it was all a bit fraught, but pleased both of you arrived home safely, if rather damp!
    Elle, how is your fiance doing now? Hope he’s okay.
    Yowser, thanks for the additional info on the feng shui 27. I’ve started a new round and have been mixing it up the last couple of days, so half the disposed items have been virtual and half physical. With this new info, I’ll be able to mix it up even more.

Okay, let’s see what positives I can find ….
    🚗 my car failed it’s MOT today … Good news is that OH will be able to repair it tomorrow, to get it through the test with a pass.
    🧺 two laundry loads of dark colours done … sunny weather means this was done with our solar generated electric, so in effect with free power.
    🎁 another step closer to having upcoming birthdays / anniversaries sorted … ordered a couple of gifts online and plan to shop for others tomorrow. Anxiety about getting these organised is beginningbto abate.

For tomorrow, I’m looking forward to writing up the packing list for our trip to Turkey at the end of the month. Love a packing list!

Wherever you are and whatever you’re doing, I hope the rest of your day / evening goes well.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Sunny and Yowser, update in Fiance, he starting to feel better but it is still sore, he is doing more than he did yesterday (currently he is washing up 😁). We had sausages in onion gravy with cauliflower mash.
    I had a very made up and make do lunch as due to the injury we didn’t get to the supermarket yesterday so I had to cobble something together with what I had in, so it was mashed up butter beans with chopped up spring onions and courgette fried in olive oil.
    We have the multi fuel stove lit tonight so sitting in front of a nice glow.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Glad he’s feeling better Elle-Mae.
    ☺️ I had a nice compliment today, I was helping a group of loud but friendly school students use the computers and one boy said “has anyone ever told you you’re very nice?”
    🤸‍♀️ Great news today, they’ve changed the COVID rule in time for this weekend’s competition and we will be allowed to watch my daughter in her gymnastics comp. Bad news, her partner is currently stuck in a flood area and unable to come to practice. Good news, the worst of the storm howling outside should be over by tomorrow.
    👞 Shoes off, feet up on pouffe.

• posted by Elle-Mae
    on

Thank you Natalie.
    Your story about the school students reminded me of back when I was working in a school and there was an alley behind six houses between 2 school blocks which the children (5 – 11 yrs) were not allowed to walk down unless accompanied by an adult, one extremely charming boy saw me going down there and said to me “Mrs …….. are you old enough to walk down there on your own?”

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello.
    Well an odd day for me today but then I guess we’re all in a bit of turmoil one way or another.
    My very first, and probably biggest positive today …..
    👦🏻👦🏻👦🏻 Asked daughter about how her boys are feeling about things at the moment. Goodness just coming out of two years of total disruption to their lives the present situation seems to be the last straw for them.( I don’t for one second deny the hell that those directly involved are going through. ) But they don’t fully understand the possible consequences…. thank goodness. So very much my first positive today.
    🧺🧺 Actually started my ironing today. I have a new regime. Instead of ironing all the shirts then bedding etc. today I just took the ironing ‘as it came’ much less predictable and more enjoyable if ironing can be enjoyable.
    ⛱👗👒 Ordered a few sun dresses today with the hopes that our trip in May will actually go ahead.
    I really, really, do think we need to be ‘positive’ now more than ever before and we can. We just need to find the ‘positive’ in every tiny little aspect of our lives….. we can …. we will … we just have to stay focused on the ‘positive’,

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Natalie, what a lovely compliment to get and just wonderful you’ll be able to go and watch your daughter compete.
    Elle, good news about your fiance, sounds like he’ll soon be 100% fit again. Sometimes the cobbled together meals are the most enjoyable!
    V, I absolutely agree with you about staying positive in these concerning times. We need to hold on to the good things around us and to those things we can control and influence. Stay positive …. you WILL get that holiday in May.
    Glad to say there are positives to post from my little corner of the world ….
    🚗 OH fixed my car and it now has the magic piece of paper to say it’s road worthy.
    🎁 OH’s birthday pressie arrived today, two days before promised delivery date. He’s thrilled with it… just needs some stuff to weld now!!
    🌸 noticed today that a neighbour’s magnolia tree is just coming into bloom … it’s really beautiful.
    🌸🌸 treated two orchids for scale … 🤞🏻they will now be okay. Can be stubborn to get rid of, but all visible scale has been removed and plants have been thoroughly sprayed, so I’m hopeful.
    😋 made a really tasty spice mix today. Used it as a rub on pork steaks for dinner this evening.
    🚽 OH brought home an old toilet pan he removed from a customer’s house … I’ll be repurposing it as a planter – great excuse for a few more plants!

Didn’t get the packing list done today, that’s still pending for tomorrow, so once again it’s a ‘look forward to’.
    And finally …. I’m sending best wishes to you all for International Women’s Day, hope it has been a good day for everyone.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi all!SUNNY and VERANO,let’s sing that old song!…
    🎶🎶 You got to ac-cent-tu-ate the positive
    E-lim-i-nate the negative
    And latch on to the affirmative
    Don’t mess with Mr. In-between!🎶🎶🎶
    Just a quicky from me as I’m only allowed on here for a little while due to my tv and media diet this week..
    *~ Took DD out for brekky today then a walk in the sunshine. Good to have a laugh and catch up on things!
    *~ Nice chat to my neighbour and lovely to see his beautiful white cat..who’s affectionate and friendly not like our spoilt and moody fur boy!
    *~ On an economy drive this month,but my last purchases arrived today! Love having parcels to open 💕
    Keep smiling everyone.XX And stay positive! XX

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi all!
    Well what a day for me ….. so many negatives! Our May trip was a cruise that should have ended with an overnight stop in Venice which was our highlight. Itinerary changed, no Venice, so have cancelled.
    New energy bills from April arrived today …. actually there really is nothing to say apart from ours will go up by around 85%
    Positive … OH said why don’t we go out for lunch… booked ….went … oh dear my main was awful!
    BUT I will find positives…… this is THE positive thread so……

✈️ Despite the airline saying they have a ‘no refund/ change’ policy they will let us change the flights at a small charge. Always worth a phone call no matter what a companies policy is!
    🍒🍍🍅 Despite a less than acceptable main meal it was lovely to be out in a restaurant that had a ‘normal’ atmosphere. … no masks … but the tables were still well distanced so that felt good.
    Really can’t find a third today. I’ve had a day of a million emotions but I still realise that ‘no matter what’ we have to find the ‘positive’.
    Have a good evening. Keep positive.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yowser, how lovely to go out for breakfast … that’s something we only seem to do when we’re in Turkey. Wouldn’t occur to me to do that in the UK, no idea why.
    Oh Verano, that’s so disappointing 😞!!! Can’t believe your trip has been disrupted again! Well done on finding positives in the face of such a disagreeable day. Big hugs coming your way🤗🤗
    Once again, today hasn’t been particularly unusual here, so my positives will only be small….
    🙂 following the extra info Yowser supplied on the feng shui 27/9, I’m finding it a cinch to achieve my 27 each day … only three more days of this round to go.
    📝🖥 made a start on compiling next month’s village newsletter. Time is going to be tight for me later this month, so need to manage the run up well.
    🙂 got a pre-trip waxing appointment booked for the end of the month.
    💨🌧 grim weather today, so I”m grateful that there was nothing we desperately needed, which meant I was able to delay my trip to the supermarket. 🤞🏻for better weather tomorrow.

Looking forward to starting date night prep tomorrow.

Hope you have a few positives you can share with us too.

• posted by Natalie
    on

Thanks for sharing your positives everyone, even if they are hard to find!
    🍓🥦 I’m on late shift today, which is not really a positive but…. It means I have time to do the grocery shopping this morning and replenish the very depleted food stocks.
    🍗🥬 Two Wednesdays in a row when I didn’t have much to take to work for lunch (the canteen is not open and there isn’t anything within easy distance, especially in the rain) the Commercial Cookery students have had lunch for sale and it was very decent both times.
    🌳 The teacher was showing us photos from that morning of a huge fallen tree, right next to his car but not touching it. Lucky escape.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Nice to have lunch cooked for you Natalie and how lucky was that teacher!
    Think I can give a few positives today, so here goes …
    🥫grocery shopping done, couldn’t get monk fish for date night dinner, so we’re having cod loin instead … in the scheme if things, this is no big deal.
    📱lovely long chat with friend I haven’t spoken to in about 2yrs! Sent her a message on Tuesday and today she called to catch up … so nice to be in contact properly again
    🙂 have made arrangements to get together with GS on Tuesday.
    🎁 two more birthday gifts sorted out … think that completes my pre-trip prep on that front now … yippee!
    Looking forward to date night tomorrow and booking the last couple of hotels for our up coming trip.
    Really hope you have all found some positives in your day and that you might tell us about one or two of them too.

Please log in or register to post a reply.