Phoenixes, Rise from the Ashes with Your Hottest Looks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Theodora
    on

I love a cosy cable knit too, particularly in this freezing (though lovely and crisp and sunny) weather, and yours looks particularly snuggly, Jackie. I agree with Essie, it would look great with a pair of leggings – perhaps her really cool red velvet ones?πŸ˜‰

• posted by Theodora
    on

Oh, and as requested, here are the copies of some of the pics from earlier in the thread that disappeared…………

The vintage sequin jacket and jump suit

https://s18.postimg.org/ygo6dfhvt/20171215_114951-1.jpg

The jumpsuit which is now way too big in the hips, but is fine to wear under the jacket

https://s18.postimg.org/bghj11ubt/20171215_115202-1.jpg

One of my favourite jacket from the early 80s, which has now come into it’s own again, and I still love it

https://s18.postimg.org/4bzps4xe1/20171215_120357-1.jpg

Same jacket, with a skirt this time (again vintage from 80s)

https://s18.postimg.org/acxep875l/20171215_121801-1.jpg

And the new little mini dress which Essie requested I repost

https://s18.postimg.org/ka8fi9zbt/20171215_122239-1.jpg

And my floaty floral – which is SOOOO unlike my usual style

https://s18.postimg.org/lf2hnmbi1/20171215_124518-1.jpg

And finally, one which I don’t think I have posted before, a little black dress, which I love – pic really doesn’t do it justice as it looks like a print, but actually it is all embroidery

https://s18.postimg.org/a2pw5vd3t/20171215_123923-1-1.jpg

• posted by JackieM
    on

Do they? Why thankyou all, I am blushing, I’ve always thought they were a bit chunky! My main ambition is to look good in white jeans – achieved one summer in my 20’s but never since. This could be the year ….

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hey, Jackie…I think you could safely wear those white jeans now, and feel good about the way you look πŸ™‚ Truly!
    I’ll throw my “pins” up for scrutiny as soon as I can.
    Legs became the subject of your post, but let me add that your sweater (jumper) is sensational! I didn’t dare
    to great the world in an oversize sweater for years, because it wouldn’t have looked oversized on me! I didn’t
    want to hide my new body “under a bushel” this year, but I like your look, and I’ll be keeping it in mind for
    next season πŸ™‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well here I am as promised, leaving the positive thread to be positive. I think, if my boy pulls through, he will have earned the title of Phoenix as much as any of us, so will deserve his honorary membership.

Just this minute got back from visiting. In theatre for almost 4 hours. Amputation of right foreleg looking highly likely. But that’s for the future. If we can get him through the next 4 days, he’s in with a chance.

He woke up when we arrived and was pleased to see us, we sat with him, talking gently for half an hour and when we left he tried to get up, bless him. Nurse assured us that he drifted off again as soon as we’d left.

Another long night ahead xx

Thanks for love and support xxx

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Theo, I and many others are sending you love and best wishes for your lovely boy.

Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thank you Mary.

Essie, I forgot to mention, re your pug shirt, when we visited this evening, we took with us his favourite blanket, so he has something that smells of home. What is it made of? The softest, silkiest fleece imaginable, covered with a cute pug print. We left him snuggled in it. xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Oh, Theo, I am so sorry to hear of the horrific injuries to your boy. My love and prayers are with you and him, and I am hoping for the best for you both. Please don’t forget to take care of yourself in these difficult times, you will need all your health to support your boys and family going forward. All my best wishes.

• posted by Gattina
    on

πŸ€—β€οΈ hugs and love Theodora. Thinking of you

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Theo – so pleased to read that you have seen your boy and he came through theatre and the GA okay. Still routing for the best possible outcome. Big Hugs to you all ….xOxO

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thank you.

Another possible problem has arisen, and it looks as though he may have an unviable hind leg too. A three legged dog is viable, a 2 legged one is most definitely not. We won’t know more until Monday pm when he will undergo another GA in order to re-dress his wounds, and carry out further investigations on his hind leg.

I have dropped 4lbs since his accident (not yet 48 hours), can’t eat, can’t sleep. Feeling really low, as though my heart is literally splitting in two, and my eyes won’t stop leaking.

We will visit again this afternoon.

Whatever decision we make, all I can say is that it will be in the best interests of my boy, and that our feelings won’t even come into the equation. Sorry, can’t write more. xx

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Oh no… πŸ™ That’s terrible news. Still, there is always hope. Dogs have incredible abilities to pull through challenges that seem impossible, and your boy has shown so much spirit and strength even in this dark time that I wouldn’t be at all surprised if he were able to defy all odds.

Try to get some nourishment, even if it’s just a smoothie or a spoonful of yogurt, Theo. You need to sustain yourself in order to sustain him to the best of your abilities. My pug shirt is joining his pug blanket for extra support, and we’re all here for you.

• posted by marie123
    on

Theodora – Just wanted to say I’m so sorry to hear all this. My heart goes out to you. Wishing you all the very best.
    Marie Xx

• posted by Esnecca
    on

PS, there is some amazing work being done with canine prosthetics these days. Really advanced, high tech, customized pieces that allow a dog with amputations, even multiple ones, to function completely normally. I’m sure the expense is astronomical, but if it’s at all feasible for you financially, perhaps it’s worth looking into. It might even turn the loss of the dream house into a positive as some of that wherewithal could be relayed into giving your boy a chance at getting his old life back.

Just a thought I’m throwing out there. I know that whatever you do, it will be solely in the best interests of the pup.

https://www.orthopets.co.uk/about-us/
    https://www.fitzpatrickreferrals.co.uk/orthopaedic/hind-limb-amputation-prosthesis-perfits/

• posted by caronl
    on

Theodora – thinking of you, and hoping that the news is better on Monday, x

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

I posted a note to you on the positive thread too Theodora β€” just learned of this awful accident this morning β€” I am so very sorry for your pup and for you and I will pray for him and for you. What is his name, if you don’t mind? I know how important he is to you β€” thank you keeping us posted on his progress.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Theo, my heart is very heavy this morning…I’ll be with you waiting out the weekend until
    further investigations can take place on monday. I understand your emotional make-up,
    and your inability to eat when something unimagineable has happened. You stay hydrated,
    though, and try to drink some kefir at least to get some protein. I know that first and fore-
    most, you will remain fierce and resolute and strong in making the decisions each day
    that are best for your boy.
    I want to tell you something that was told to me in 2016 and 2017. During a very terrifying
    time, I kept returning to the phone to contact my cousin and his wife. I always felt saner
    and more in control after doing so. I couldn’t keep from apologizing, each time, for
    constantly bringing them into my tumultuous world, however. What I was told then was that
    they felt “honored” that I allowed them to be apart of what we were going through, and
    also grateful that I had given them the gift of being, in some small way, able to help.
    Please think of your friends here in that capacity, Theo. You are honoring us in much
    the same way. I think we instinctively know who genuinely cares about us. Please let
    us be here for you, and share your burden, and hold onto whatever hope there is. Will
    be waiting for more updates..

Much love,

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Can’t express how sorry I am to read you most recent post, Theo. Allie is right though, to care for your boy, you need to care for yourself, so please do try to take a little sustenance. I’ll be willing the news on Monday to be more positive and hoping you can find some little peaceful space for yourself over the coming days.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Theo, feel sick with the news of your beloved lad. I don’t think we ever feel so helpless as when a child or pet is ill or has had an accident. You will be in my thoughts as well. Hoping for the best outcome possible. LTC

• posted by Inka13
    on

Theo,
    Adding my thoughts, prayers and best wishes to you and your OH and beautiful pup, there is a lot of love coming at you from all over the world, hang in there and look after yourself, please!

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Theodora so sorry to hear that you and your boy are going through this awful time. Please take care of yourself x Sending love and best wishes xx

• posted by JGwen
    on

Theo, hugs for you and strokes for the pup coming from me all weekend as well.
    Allie, thank you for sharing the responses of your cousins when they had the
    opportunity to be your support when you needed it. Sounds like a very wise family.

• posted by alliecat
    on

You’re very welcome, JGwen. I was trying to share the message that at times of crisis,
    when we think we are bringing others “down”, we may actually be giving them a gift.
    You are right, of course, and my cousin and his wife ARE exceptionally wise πŸ™‚
    Thank you for commenting!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thank you everyone. Your love and support is very much appreciated.

Can’t write much, in pieces, but vet has rung to say they are bringing forward tomorrow’s surgical procedure to today, as they think infection has set in. Almost inevitable, considering how contaminated the wounds were, but as on IV ABs, were hoping against hope…….

PS Thank you for your words of wisdom, Allie. Understand exactly what you mean, but still feel bad burdening friends on a BSD site with my poor boy’s woes. Xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

Love and hugs, Theo. Our hearts are with you and your beloved boy.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Theo, Allie is right. This forum has become much more than just diet advise ….. please don’t give a second thought to posting about your loved ones regardless if tall and on two legs vs the furry sort. We care about one another and their gravest concerns. Keeping you and your boy in my thoughts as so very very many are.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Best wishes to you and your husband Theo. Thinking of you.
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Theodora – so sorry to hear that your lovely doggy is so poorly. Our pets are a huge part of our families and it is horrible when they are ill or injured. Lots of love and hugs.

• posted by Theodora
    on

He’s gone.

• posted by JGwen
    on

So sorry Theo.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Oh Theodora, so very sorry to read this, thinking of you xxxx

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Theodora – I am so very sorry to hear that he is gone.

• posted by Gattina
    on

I am so very sorry to hear that. You will all be in my thoughts tonight.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Oh Theo… This is the worst. I’m so, so sorry. (β•―οΈ΅β•°,)

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m heartsick for you and your family, Theo. Please try and get some rest, now. We love you…

Allie

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Theo, I have no words that are adequate. Simply know my heart aches for you. LTC

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

” I heard somebody define heaven once….as a place where, when you get there, all the dogs you have ever loved run to great you”. Robert Parker

Of course they live forever in our heart. I hope someday all you remember are the good memories.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Oh Theo β€” I am so very very sorry. You gave him great joy and deep love.

• posted by marie123
    on

Theodora, Your love for your boys shines through whenever you talk about them. I’m so very sorry to hear this.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Heartbreaking news, Theo. I’m so very sorry to hear this. πŸ™ Huge hugs. xxx

• posted by ClarinetCathy
    on

Theodora- I logged on this morning to read the two saddest words! Heartbreaking news. You’ll need to look after yourself as best you can whilst you’re coming to terms with what has happened. We are all here for you. Massive hugs to you. This is an awful time for you. Sending you love.

Cathy.

• posted by Daisy Daisy
    on

Oh Theodora, such sad news. My heart goes out to you x

• posted by JGwen
    on

The Rainbow Bridge

inspired by a Norse legend

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
    Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
    Where the friends of man and woman do run,
    When their time on earth is over and done.
    For here, between this world and the next,
    Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.

On this golden land, they wait and they play,
    Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.
    No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
    For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
    Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
    Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
    Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
    All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
    Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.
    For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
    Together again, both person and pet.

So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
    The time of their parting is over at last.
    The sadness they felt while they were apart,
    Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
    They embrace with a love that will last forever,
    And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.

• posted by caronl
    on

Theodora I am so sorry. Take good care of yourself. xx

• posted by treelady
    on

Oh Theo, I am so very sorry to hear your heart breaking news. I’ll light a candle for him, and send my prayers to you and your family. He is at peace now and most likely chewing on a bone will sitting at God’s feet by a heavenly fire. One day you will get to be with him again.
    Remember the good times and he will always live on in your hearts.

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

Theo I am sharing your tears. Much love.
    Nonna Mary
    xxx

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Theo, it was with deep sadness and a heavy heart I read your post from late last night. I don’t imagine sleep came any easier to you last night, but please be gentle with yourself in the coming days. Hopefully you will be able to draw great comfort from your other boy and all the good times you spent together as a family.

Sending you the warmest of hugs.

• posted by Gattina
    on

Hi ladies
    I’ve been looking back at the start of this thread and I just have to say – you girls rock…!
    I’m loving the boots, the clothes and the attitude …

I’ve just gone through the stage of my thin clothes fitting me again – which is great, but now most of my clothes look baggy on me so I feel scruffy most of the time. But I will get to the stage where I can pick up what I want in the shops and not worry about whether it’s big enough or will it cover my flabby bits. And I will join you in your fashion show πŸ™‚
    Go girls…!
    πŸ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Personally, I still can’t get used to not having to shop for baggy stuff to cover a multitude of sins. It’s still surprising to me, that I can wear fitted clothes. You’ll soon be shopping for fitter clothes too, Gattina. We’ll look forward to the fashion show. Keep on keeping on and we’ll see your phoenix soon.

• posted by alliecat
    on

We’re looking forward to seeing you “strutting your stuff” on this thread, Gattina! Another moderately crazy person
    is always welcome. The looks don’t have to be something spectacular either, just things that you feel good in πŸ™‚ We’re
    addicted to laughter and good cheer, so sign up and join in!
    Sunny, I still don’t see myself as someone who can wear just anything with great ease, and when I open a new shipment
    of clothes and hold each garment up, I still can’t believe these “little things” are capable of covering my body! I think
    we’ll become more confident with time, however. Seeing ourselves objectively is always a challenge. Congratulations
    for going for the “fitted” styles….I’m still partial to the tunic, but now it’s size U.S. Misses Small, instead of Womens 3X!
    Hallelujah πŸ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.