Phoenixes, Rise from the Ashes with Your Hottest Looks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

So sorry Theo. My thoughts are with you. Take care of yourself.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Verano – I also do hope Theo is taking care of herself at this horrible time. I was going to write that I hoped she was okay – but of course she isn’t going to be.

• posted by alliecat
    on

I share your sentiments, Verano and Krysia, and I’m concerned about Theo, too. I’m sending silent strength
    her way, but it will of course take time to come to terms with the shock and pain of having life altered so
    abruptly in just a matter of days…We love you Theo, return to us when you are ready. Hugs

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

One for Theo – “What we have once enjoyed we can never lose; All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” – Helen Keller

• posted by Flick
    on

Hi all, I’m back from my beach break and was so sad to read Theodora’s news. Sending all my love Theo. SunnyB that is such a lovely thought and so true.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi everyone

Really sorry that I have been absent for so long, and thank you all for your concern and condolences. I hope you will all understand why I have not been posting or, indeed reading, (and probably won’t be for a while), as we are still really raw and struggling. We all know that loss and grief is the price we pay for having these wonderful companions in our lives, and we know that will ease with time. But it is the manner and the violence of his going that we are struggling with (at the moment, all our memories of our boy are the final ones of him broken and bloodied) – and the fact that it should never have happened, we should have kept him safe. But those will hopefully fade, and our boy will come back to us as he was in life, happy, healthy, loving, beautiful, bouncy and energetic. He seems to have touched so many people’s lives – we have had over 450 messages of love and support (texts, emails, letters, cards, flowers, gifts and donations to a charity very close to our hearts). He was one very special boy, and I can only be thankful that it was US he shared his life with.

for Allie – who asked for photos. A few of my beautiful boy…..

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://s25.postimg.org/rvt0l3oxr/2013_Up_Close.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://s25.postimg.org/ud4rsavyn/IMGP6815.jpg[/img][/url]

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://s25.postimg.org/6m5ea8t7j/2013_Bellever_-_Small_done.jpg[/img][/url]

I will be back soon, I promise, but it may not be until after we return from our African trip, hopefully that will help us to heal. Allie my friend, if I miss your one year maintenance anniversary, please know I am thinking of you (not sure how available wifi will be in the bush) and celebrating with you.xxx

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’m greatly relieved to hear from you, Theo! I dilligently check each day in the hope that you feel up to posting…All grief
    is the same, and a by product of our capacity for love. I understand where you are in the process, so can only offer
    these words of comfort to you. I lost my Mother to a massive stroke @ 2 years ago, which left her paralyzed and
    unable to speak. It was a horrific 5 weeks until her death, and it was more than 6 months before I could get
    the image of her damaged body out of my memory. The day will come, sweetheart, when the image of your
    damaged boy will fade, and you will be able to remember him in all the vibrant good health and joy he brought
    to your life. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that you provided him with a perfect life, and I hope for the
    day when you feel that too. Please don’t neglect your health at this difficult time, and I hope that you return from
    your African holiday in a more peaceful place. Thinking of you always. Return when you can, my friend 🙂

xoxo
    Allie

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thank you Allie, and I’m really sorry about your mother. What a difficult couple of years you have had. Makes mine pale into insignificance.

I see my picture posting didn’t work. Will try again…………………

My boy in happier times……

2013_Up_Close

• posted by Theodora
    on

And another

IMGP6815

• posted by Theodora
    on

A third, his favourite occupation, standing lookout………….

Jago_on_Jazz

• posted by Theodora
    on

Finally, and sorry for so many, but it helps so much to look at photos of him as he was…………

2013_Bellever_-_Small_done

Also, sorry for multiple posts, it wouldn’t let me post more than one photo at a time for some bizarre reason. xx

• posted by marie123
    on

They are beautiful photographs x

• posted by alliecat
    on

Theo, thank you SO much for reposting these. I wasn’t able to get them first time around, but was relying on my memory
    of both boys on the flower strewn hill that you originally shared. What a magnificent boy, just bursting with joy and
    life! I am so very sorry for your loss. We are all feeling your pain, and God speed to better days ahead. Until then,
    take one day at a time, or an hour at a time if need be. “Tincture of time” is something that is universal to healing,
    and it will come.

Lots of love
    Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Theo – thank you so much for the update and the beautiful photos. I’m sure we all appreciate that you are not yet in a place to fully participating on the forum yet, but please know that we are all here for you, whether you are posting or not. Fervently hope that you and OH will have a wonderfully relaxing African adventure. Big Hugs xxx

• posted by Esnecca
    on

What a gorgeous, glorious boy he was. Thank you for posting those pictures, Theo, and for the update. I’ve been anxiously checking for updates every day even though I understand fully why you’re not up to reading and posting yet. I still miss my collie, my childhood companion, who died when I was 12 years old and away on a ski trip. I look at pictures of him and remember what a sweet, funny, beautiful best friend he was, really almost a brother. Our pets are family in every sense of the word, and when we lose them we feel it in the marrow of our beings.

I hope your trip to Africa is most salutary and helps you to find a way forward from this terrible loss. Don’t forget to take a picture of yourself in your beautiful white floral gown, showing everyone, including yourself, how a phoenix rises from the ashes.

Much love to you.

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Theo, he is beautiful.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Theo – what a lovely happy dog. Thank you for posting the pictures. I am so pleased that they help you to remember him how he was.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Beautiful photos Theo, beautiful memories. Be well. Focus on enjoying your African experience. (I know I constantly refer back to ours of probably 15 yrs ago now, lots of stunning mental images tucked away). xx

• posted by JackieM
    on

Theo – what a gorgeous boy, he clearly loved every minute he spent with you. Take care xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.