Phoenixes, Rise from the Ashes with Your Hottest Looks

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by alliecat
    on

E., I forgot to mention that “the bearded one” snuffled up your
    kimchi eggs like a pig at a trough, and has already requested
    MORE. You know, the guy that says he doesn’t care for kimchi???

• posted by Theodora
    on

If that is even possible, Essie, then yes, probably you are right. Excited, and just a little bit jealous!

Can’t wait to see the great unveiling – please make the photo session a top priority๐Ÿ˜œ

• posted by Theodora
    on

Oh, forgot to mention that my darling 17 year old granddaughter pinching all my, albeit vintage, clothes is no longer a one-way street. Yesterday she turned up on my doorstep with a couple of skirts she no longer wears much (her mum told her she couldn’t have any more new clothes unless she had a clear-out). They are both size UK8, both minis – and she wondered if I’d like them “seeing as how you’re the coolest grandmother in town!” Well, after that, how could I refuse? Whether I wear them or not is a moot point as they are both brown, and I don’t really “do” brown and, whilst they are a perfect fit, they are a tad short for a 68 year old.๐Ÿ˜› They are short on her, and she is 2″ shorter than me๐Ÿ˜. But I was flattered she even thought I could get away with them – she even suggested I wear one of them to a school concert she is singing in on Friday, so she certainly doesn’t think I would be an embarrassment in a mini!๐Ÿค— Even if she is wrong๐Ÿ˜‰Bless her๐Ÿ˜˜

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a sweet granddaughter you have, Theo! It’s only a matter
    of time before she produces an essay for school featuring you
    as the “Person I Most Admire”. I hope you’re able to see her
    school concert on friday. Is she the outspoken young lady
    with her own style of speech that bears some similarity to
    the manner in which I express myself? ๐Ÿ™‚
    I know what you mean about the color brown, though. When
    my hair was auburn that looked great on me, but not so now
    with my grey bob. Black it is, then!

• posted by Theodora
    on

She is indeed the self-same one, Allie. I doubt she’ll be writing that essay anytime soon though๐Ÿ˜œ

I shall certainly be attending the concert, wouldn’t miss it for the world. She is a very talented singer with a BIG voice for such a wee lass (well for anyone, really) – listen out between 7 – 10pm GMT and it wouldn’t surprise me if you hear her right across the pond๐Ÿ˜

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Allie, I’m not the slightest bit surprised to hear that your hirsute man is suddenly a fan of kimchi. It’s hard to resist even the most borning of deviled eggs. A bright, spicy, kicky one like the kimchi one is irresistible. You might need to employ this trick to keep up with his newly-discovered taste: https://www.familyfreshmeals.com/2012/11/how-to-make-perfect-hard-boiled-eggs-in-the-oven.html

Theo, your grandaughter is your number one fan and it’s adorable. I love that she’s so keen for your to show off your sweet gams, too. It seems to me that you’re going to have to wear one of those skirts to her concert just on general principle. Brown is a neutral and gives you plenty of options for pairing with a top that’s more to your taste. Play around a little and see what you can come up with.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Yes, ma’am!!๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜˜

• posted by alliecat
    on

Essie, I’m running out of superlatives! Will be trying out this
    technique first thing tomorrow….What J thinks he likes and
    doesn’t like is infantile. He grew up in a cultural backwater,
    so what do I expect? My one moment of silent triumph came
    while he was hospitalized last Spring. He found the food
    disgusting, and after spending the previous 6 months referring
    to me affectionately as the “food nazi”, all he had to say was
    “I just want to get home and eat your food”! Sweet ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Ladies, I can’t believe I missed a whole stack of posts on this thread, but most importantly, ALLIE’S NEW CLOTHES!!

I’m so sorry Allie, you must have thought me most rude, posting my boots and not acknowledging your new clothes, not to mention Esnecca’s help in getting them up here!

Well, what can I say? Your choices are awesome and right up my street! I love the long body of tunic tops! The flats are to die for and like Theo, I hope we can get them over here! Really like the polka dot pants too! I hope everyone has soon for a second wardrobe?!

I must add a full length free standing mirror to my list of goal purchases!

Oven cooked boiled eggs are also something I will be trying out this weekend! Totally brilliant!

See you all later! xxxx

• posted by Theodora
    on

Essie – this is for you. This is the best I can come up with for my granddaughter’s brown mini, as really don’t have anything much in my wardrobe to go with brown, and it certainly cannot be considered a “hot new” look more a ” St Trinian’s schoolgirl” look. I know it’s hard to believe from the pic, but the tights do actually match the jumper – yeah! Never thought to wear them together before! But, I think even you will agree that this is far too short for a 68 year old grandmother!

https://s10.postimg.org/6go4vyygp/20180124_143221.jpg

Plus, if I am going to post a photo of my absolute bargain little black and white jacket (though looks more like overall grey in the pics, but I assure you it IS black and white) that I mentioned to you a couple of weeks ago in order for it not to pale into total insignificance, I ought to do it before you post a pic of you wearing your amazing, fabulous, vintage black and white one that I am so very jealous of!

So, zipped up………………..

https://s10.postimg.org/g2hpc4s5l/20180124_144908.jpg

and unzipped…………..

https://s10.postimg.org/ldwlx5yw9/20180124_144930-1.jpg

It’s awfully difficult to take a selfie showing off a jacket as, by it’s very nature, one has to have one’s camera in front of one, thus obscuring the jacket. But I did my best.

PS Got your favourite almost witchy black suede knee-highs on again, you’ll note.

PPS Just occurred to me – have you even heard of St Trinian’s on your side of the pond?

• posted by JackieM
    on

Theodora, you have totally got the legs for that skirt! Donโ€™t think biological age matters at that point!

PS hope you donโ€™t mind me taking a sneak peek, I know it was meant for Esnecca…

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Your legs look fly as hell in that mini, sister! The boots with the cone heels are perfect and even on the grainy cellpic you can totally tell that the tights go really well with the sweater. I think it’s a killer look. You must wear it to the concert! Your granddaughter will be pleased as punch to see you rocking her skirt like a supermodel. It needs something accessories-wise up top, I think. Do you have any of those little silk neckscarves that you tie like a choker? Or an actual choker for that matter. Something that says “I’m dressing up because my tiny granddaughter with the huge voice is the STAR OF THIS SHOW and don’t you forget it.” ๐Ÿ˜€

Now for the bad news. I’m sorry, Theo, but I’m going to have to steal that black and white jacket. I have added it to the hitlist along with Jackie’s raspberry bushes. I love it! It looks phenomenal on you, zipped up and open. It’s such a useable piece, too. That’s going to look as slamming with jeans as it does over the black bottoms and killer boots. It could jazz up a little black dress, pair easily with any shaped skirt from pencil to a-line. Hell, I bet it would look awesome with the mini and a white top.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hey, Essie – if you love my little jacket that much…………………..swap you?!!!! My bargain basement number for your vintage one sounds fair to me!!๐Ÿ˜€

Thanks for the compliments about the brown skirt – I agree, it needs to be accessorised. I have loads of little silk scarves I could use, and a fair bit of chunky jewellery which I never use (not really a jewellery person). I’ll have a rummage.

Has that jacket arrived yet?

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Not yet. It doesn’t say it’s out for delivery either, so it may have gotten stuck somewhere in transit. I’m going to wear a hole through the floor at this rate just from the pacing. Still, it will get here sooner or later, and then you will have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands. ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Inka13
    on

Theo, I have to chime in as well and say that skirt looks great! Definitely not too short, not with those legs!

• posted by alliecat
    on

I don’t think Essie is going to go for that proposition, Theo! She has
    an iron grip on that gorgeous and much anticipated, elegant jacket.
    Both of the selections, yours and hers, are stunning. Regrettably,
    I’m running stupidly late for an appointment, so I have to drag
    myself away from indulging further in admiring everyone’s new
    gear. You know that the laughter and good cheer generated
    here is irresistable to me, so I’m powerless NOT to return later
    today. I might miss something ๐Ÿ™‚
    Do you think this is “fair”? You got dealt both a traffic stopping
    bust AND sensational legs…Ponder that one til I return!!!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Haha, Allie – I had noticed that Essie pointedly ignored my very serious suggestion!๐Ÿ˜‰

Essie, you really ought to think twice about using phrases like “stuck in transit” on a BSD forum, as you know, it has acquired a whole new meaning to BSDers (certainly in the early days)๐Ÿ˜œ

Thank you all for the compliments about my legs, everyone – funny, I’ve always thought, even when I was young, that I’d got lousy legs. In fact, o/h has always joked that it’s a good thing he’s “a boob man, not a leg man”, so you have all really boosted my confidence in showing them off, and for that I truly thank you.๐Ÿ˜˜ Mini skirts are GO!!!

Alllie, I’m pondering…………………….

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Theo, I think your hubby should re-look at your โ€˜newโ€™ legs! They look fantastic to me! To go with the brown skirt, you could try teaming it with either a classic cream shirt and perhaps a turquoise scarf, cravat style or cream polo neck, with a pendant. Not sure of your hair colour or skin tone though. Or for a retro look, thereโ€™s always apricot or burnt orange, or even purple, lilac!

Kxx

• posted by Theodora
    on

Golly, can’t believe how kind everyone is being about my legs!!! My confidence is rising by the minute.

Kazz, thank you so much for your suggestions about what to wear with the brown skirt. My problem is that I don’t like brown and it doesn’t suit me, so never wear it, but my granddaughter gave me the skirt so I need to wear it at least once for her to her concert, but it will probably be the first and last time, so certainly will not be going out to buy anything to go with it. I had to cobble something together from my existing wardrobe. I did try it with a really nice off-white shirt, but I need one like Essie’s dad’s, with a little tail, because it kept sliding out and “blousoning” (is that even a word?) around my waist so looked awful. Anyway, the concert is tomorrow, so no time to shop, even if I wanted to, so the claret jumper it will have to be – though I do have an off-white one of those too I could use. Thanks again.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, everyone, I’ve finally caught up on the annoyances of daily
    life, and I’m taking a coffee break to return to the scene of the
    crime…
    Haha, Theo, “transit issues” indeed! I much appreciate the more
    genteel aspects of this lovely British expression, master of
    understatement, to say the least ๐Ÿ™‚ In the privacy of my own
    home, I’m more likely to use the phrase “log jam”. What can
    I say, I’m very visual! I’m happy to see that you’re “going for it”
    with the micro brown skirt!!! What comes next, “hot pants”?
    Essie, what do you think? Maybe in red suede?
    I hope this is the weekend where we can clear the decks and
    find time to go to the electronics store in pursuit of iphone6.
    I won’t be leaving the shop until I know how to post a picture
    of my own assets on this thread! I have no complaints about
    the facial features that came my way in the great genetic
    lottery (thanks, mom and dad), but far and away my best feature
    are the shape and length of my legs, so I’m willing to reveal all ๐Ÿ™‚
    From what you have said about your o/h’s priorities, he wouldn’t
    be overly impressed, Theo, but I’m fortunate to have a “leg man”
    at my disposal, so that has worked out well….
    Your granddaughter is going to be so happily surprised on friday
    night. Don’t forget to tell us all about the concert!!! Is she also
    the dancer upon whose behalf you’ve been laboring, with the
    chiffon practice skirts? I can’t even imagine how excited you
    must be to see her Feb. performance. What a wonderful event
    to look forward to ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Allie
    practice skirts?

• posted by Theodora
    on

Haha, how DARE real life get in the way of our forum?๐Ÿ˜‰

Allie, you are a very lucky girl to have good long legs – mine are too short, sadly.

No, the one with the stonking voice is the elder one. My little ballerina is also a singer, but doesn’t have half the voice of her big sister. She does, however, play several musical instruments, including piano, oboe, flute and guitar, but her all time favourite is………….wait for it……………the ukulele!! Maybe because it is small, like her.

Practice skirts with a question mark? Does that mean you are asking if that’s what I made, or do you mean what arethey? I’ll answer both. Yes, the skirts I made were practice skirts – she has so many I have lost count (same with leotards and shoes). They are flimsy, short little chiffon silk wrap-arounds that ballet dancers tie on over their leotards when they are practicing. For the actual performances, she has two costumes, a gorgeous gold and white tutu and a sea-green long, floaty little number – nothing “practice” about them, they are provided by the Royal Ballet. We are not allowed to take photos at the performance, but if we manage to get any back-stage (real long-shot) I may post them for you.

I’m almost as excited about your new phone (maybe more so) than I am about Essie’s vintage jacket which appears to be “log-jammed”๐Ÿ˜œ Can’t wait for you to join our little picture game. xx

• posted by alliecat
    on

You must be so proud of these young ladies, Theo. I am, and
    I don’t have the priviledge of knowing them! It would be marvelous
    to see any aspect of the performance, backstage or otherwise,
    but there is always your privacy to consider. The BSD forums are
    my first experience with blogging, and I tend to be a little naive
    on whether it is a good idea to include my “head” in future photos,
    so I would appreciate the advice of those of you that have more
    experience than I do. This is a special, non threatening place,
    but on very, very rare occasions an unstable personality gives
    me pause, and I’m glad that the Atlantic ocean makes me feel
    some degree of protection. It does drive me somewhat crazy
    not to know your “face”, or have you know mine, however ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
    If you aren’t out and about on friday, have an absolutely won-
    derful evening, and rock that micro mini!!!!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

A big two thumbs up from me on the red velvet hot pants, Allie. Theo, make it happen. Cobalt blue or bright purple with at least two layers of fringe are also acceptable.

Guys, the jacket is here. It is gorgeous and I love it. It also doesn’t fit me. I am so bummed I can’t even tell you. The sleeves and chest fit perfectly, but the waist is very low, almost hip height, and since it’s really quite a snug tailored waist, once buttoned I look like I’m about to burst out of it. It’s made for a lady with arms as short as mine but a longer torso.

Allie, I think you’re probably a little too lengthy for the arms if not the rest of it, but I insist you give it a try anyway. How about we add a little vintage fashion show to our meeting? If it doesn’t work for you either, we need to pick the halfway point between the two of us, body-wise, and a name naturally leaps to mind. *cough* Theo *cough*

We could be the sisterhood of the travelling Valentino jacket!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi All – my first posting on this thread – hope that’s okay. Thought I would post a couple of images of outfits recently acquired, both of which make me feel amazingly slim! The first one is the jumpsuit I bought a couple of months back – OH loves it and every time I’ve worn it, I’ve had a compliment from someone.

https://s5.postimg.org/45l11rr5j/DSC02969.jpg

The second one, is a dressy dress I bought in a local boutique, simply because I loved it and it was reduced to ยฃ20! Not sure yet when it will be worn, but it will happen at some point for sure.

https://s5.postimg.org/e2w1uulwn/DSC02971.jpg

• posted by Theodora
    on

Welome to both the Phoenixes and our silly photo game, Sunny.

Loving both your outfits – jumpsuit is so colourful and jolly, not surprised you get compliments, and the grey dress so very elegant – I’m sure you’ll get lots of compliments when you eventually wear that one too. Real bargain at only ยฃ20!!

Allie, I quite agree about the security aspects of posting photos online, and I do think it’s probably a good idea not to include your head, but choice is yours obviously – we would all love to see what we all look like, I’m sure. Seems a bit odd to have valued friends who wouldn’t actually recognise each other! One aspect of security if you use postimages website though is that you have the choice how long a photo can remain visable – think it’s 7 days, 31 days or indefinitely. If you choose a limited time, after expiration the photo will self-destruct. If you go back through this thread, you will notice that my “vintage” pics are no longer available, though I forgot to limit the few I’ve posted since.

Now, a huge favour to ask you, Allie – can you please make sure your grow several inches, particularly in the arms, before your meeting with Essie? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Essie – I am really, really sorry that the wonderful, long-awaited Valentino jacket doesn’t fitโ˜น I cannot imagine how disappointed you must be. However, as I know Allie will not fail to oblige me on the above request, ๐Ÿ˜œ I am drooling at the mouth of it being sent to this side of the pond๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜› The Transatlantic Sisterhood of the Travelling Valentino Jacket!! How cool would that be?๐Ÿ˜Ž

PS This morning I came across a little shell-pink Jasper Conran short and very fitted cardigan, which has never been worn and has sat in a drawer for about 15 years because I could never get into it! I saw it in sale, absolutely loved it (although I don’t usually “do” cardigans) and snapped it up because it was such a bargain and I had every intention of losing weight. Never did, of course, quite the opposite in fact, so it has languished there, forgotten, ever since. Now of course it fits a treat and is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT with the little brown mini skirt, so it will get it’s first airing this evening๐Ÿ˜„

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Main reason I chopped my head off in the photos, was that I’m having a make-up free day and didn’t want to scare anyone!

The cardi sounds lovely, Theo, enjoy wearing it this evening.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Hey lovely photoโ€™s ladies, what a gorgeous slender bunch you are. Would be funny to be in a crowd and recognise you having never seen your faces!

Here is a test picture, I wonder if you can guess what it is/will be (not got any clothes to show off at present, hope to do something about that soon!)

Xx
    https://postimg.org/image/70520qvkf/

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Sunny, you look gorgeous in both of those outfits. I love the elegance of that grey dress which goes great with the fabulous pointy-toe silvery shoes. (Are those d’Orsay flats? Love a d’Orsay flat.) You could wear that to any number of events, daytime or night. You know what I totally want to add to it, though? A really skinny silver chain link belt, either one where the whole thing is a chain, or the kind that is an even band with a metallic accent in the front.

https://www.macys.com/shop/product/inc-international-concepts-rectangles-circles-chain-belt-created-for-macys?ID=956871&CategoryID=76331#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D10%26ruleId%3D52%26slotId%3D10
    https://www.macys.com/shop/product/michael-michael-kors-hamilton-lock-chain-belt?ID=2167370&CategoryID=76331&selectedSize=#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D10%26ruleId%3D52%26slotId%3D8
    https://www.macys.com/shop/product/inc-international-concepts-cobra-stretch-chain-belt-created-for-macys?ID=916051&CategoryID=26846&tdp=cm_app~zMCOM-NAVAPP~xcm_zone~zPDP_ZONE_A~xcm_choiceId~zcidM05MAS-d8b19325-07aa-40d8-b58d-d2a10e911a38%40H7%40customers%2Balso%2Bshopped%2426846%24916051~xcm_pos~zPos1

But wow, the jumpsuit. What a bombshell you are, Sunny! I am not even remotely surprised that you get so many compliments in it. It suits your phoenix figure like nobody’s business. Your waist is tiny, emphasized by the ideal proportions in your bust and hips. This is a fantastic look for you. Go back and buy 20 of them in every color. ๐Ÿ˜€

Welcome to the thread, Sunny! I have high hopes of seeing many more killer outfits from you. ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Theo, knowing Allie’s generous spirit, she’s probably already working on adding inches to her arms. ๐Ÿ˜€ Even if she does not succeed in that, I suspect she’d be more than glad to approve of the Travelling Valentino transfer. It’s just plain fun! Totally makes up for my disappointment. Vintage shopping is always a bit of a risk. One can’t take it too much to heart when things don’t work out. Besides, finding the perfect person for the item you loved but can’t wear is such a deeply satisfying feeling.

Hurrah for the gorgeous hidden cardi coming in to save the brown mini! You are going to look fly as all-git-out. I can’t wait to see the final concert look on this thread.

Jackie, the pic works a treat. Nice garden too. Now bring on the hot boots and mini-skirts! ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by JackieM
    on

Esnecca, thatโ€™s not just any bit of the garden, thatโ€™s my raspberry bushes ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ not that covetable at the moment though.

If I ever get dressed in anything but jeans and a baggy coat full of dog biscuits I will definitely post. Donโ€™t hold your breath though!

X

• posted by alliecat
    on

Yay, Sunny, you’re finally here! What a treat you have for us today.
    You look beautiful in both of your outfits, and what a waist you
    have ๐Ÿ™‚ You’ll have to watch out for Essie, though, she really enjoys
    accessorizing all of us. It’s always great fun, even if it causes a
    casualty or two to our wallets…Now I have to also carry gallon
    jugs of water around all day to lengthen my arms so that they’re
    too long for the Valetino jacket! Don’t want to turn into a knuckle
    dragging Neanderthal…
    You’ve got one beautiful garden, Jackie! I have an English garden
    bench just like yours. The hardscape, i.e., the wall, is stunning.
    I’m quite envious of that, I must say….I hope that you have some
    nightime illumination out there, just IN CASE you spot someone
    dressed in black taking a shovel to your raspberry bushes under
    cover of darkness..
    I’ll be back later to continue with you other miscreants ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Allie

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Thanks of the belt suggestion, Esnecca. I actually have a silver chain belt that has crystals set in it – will take a photo some time and post it. The shoes are ones I bought in Singapore when we were there last October, they’re just a simple court with kitten heeled, but I’m ridiculously pleased with them – I’ve never had sparkly shoes before. Have to admit, I have been sorely tempted to get another of those jumpsuits in a different colour, think it will happen before too long!

The garden looks very promising Jackie, even at this time of year. I’m sure it will be beautiful in a couple of months time.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, All. I’m still working on the iphone, but don’t want to bore you all with this tale of frustration…Just a note for
    Theo today. I haven’t seen you out and about this week, my friend. Are you okay? Your absence is keeping my
    laughter quotient on the “down low” ๐Ÿ™‚ Miss you!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Aww, bless you Allie for both thinking about and missing me๐Ÿ˜˜

Sorry I’ve been AWOL. I’m fine, though a tad exhausted both physically and emotionally. I had to make a mercy dash to a very poorly, elderly relative in northern Scotland – over 700 miles, so not exactly an easy drive on one’s own. Bless her, she doesn’t have the internet, so have been rather incommunicado. Then, I had to do the return drive this weekend and I must say, it’s lovely to be home, but I am absolutely cream-crackered๐Ÿคฆ.

I am now so far behind with everything here, that heaven only knows when (if) I will ever have a chance to catch up on all the new threads / posts which have occurred in my absence, so I may just have to start fresh from today. So apologies if I have missed something and not commented when or where I should.

Thanks again for thinking of me, Allie.๐Ÿ’•

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Welcome back, Theo, I’ve missed you too! I am in Cornwall next week for a holiday and looking forward to some less snowy weather than we have been having here, if you can have a quick word with the local weather.

• posted by alliecat
    on

It’s a relief to hear from you, Theo. You are the family caregiver, and clearly many depend on you ๐Ÿ™‚ I thought
    briefly about winging my way across the pond to search for you in the pubs along the beautiful Cornwall coast,
    looking for a slender lady with 2 big, wet dogs, and a lot of style ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Theodora
    on

MnM, thank you. How lovely to know that I’ve been missed! I’ll do my best to influence the Cornish weather god on your behalf ๐Ÿ˜‰ though apparently we had snow here last week. I missed that exceedingly rare occurance, but had more than enough to keep me going in Scotland. Enjoy your Cornish sojourn, I fear that I will be heading up country again by then – FiL this time and only a 700 mile round trip, so slightly better than the 1400 miles of last week.

Allie, if I’d known that going AWOL could possibly tempt you over to my side of the pond, I’d have stayed away longer๐Ÿ˜‰ What better excuse for a pub crawl along our beautiful coastline than organising a search party for a lost friend (stylish or not๐Ÿ˜‰) and her two hairy muts. Even if you didn’t find me, you could sure have a lot of fun trying๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Okay, phoenixes, it’s time for this thread to get active again. I mentioned on another thread that I have a favorite pair of velvet leggings, US size 4P, that always make me feel great about my body. I wore them out today to strut like a boss and to take a pic so I could show them off to my sisters.

Here’s my hitting-the-streets-in-full-strut look:
    https://s13.postimg.org/5xu55c6rr/velvetleg1.jpg

Here’s one with the jacket open so you can see my beloved pug shirt that I wore with the floral pantsuit on Thanksgiving. Since my pic in the post that started this epic thread was not my final TG look, I thought it was high time you got to see the extreme cuteness of the pug print.

https://s13.postimg.org/totinfz93/pugshirt.jpg

• posted by Theodora
    on

Cool, Essie – can see why the leggings are your favourites. Loving the shoes too.
    A pug shirt, in theory, wouldn’t appeal to me but I have to say that I have totally fallen for it’s cuteness factor. Now I want one too!

Great to see this thread revived, though I have just, out of nostalgia, been through it from the beginning and notice that the vast majority of my photos (certainly all my older vintage stuff from the depths of one of my many wardrobes) have disappeared ๐Ÿ˜ช I obviously inadvertently clicked the wrong option on postimage. Doh!๐Ÿค” For the sake of completeness, should I post them again and do it properly this time, or are we happy that we have all seen them, and once is enough?

• posted by alliecat
    on

You certainly have “the strut” going for you E! Could we possibly see a close up of those one of a kind shoes?
    I need a better look!

Theo, you owe it to our increasing audience to at least give everyone another look at the stunning flower
    print gown! I’d like another peek at the boys, too. And while you’re at it, how about the turquoise tankini, or
    is that asking too much? ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve gone crazy trying to make do with a series of ancient, semi-broken down computers for weeks on end,
    but I finally had to yell BASTA into the darkness in the wee hours of the morning earlier in the week, and now
    have a bright shiny new one at last. However, it means that the much dreamed of iPhone for posting headless
    photos of me will have to be put on hold til next month! ๐Ÿ™‚ I hope that the suspense isn’t too much for y’all?
    I’m waiting to see Flick soon, too, and more shots of Sunny….Everyone welcome!!!

• posted by alliecat
    on

THIS pair is DE-lightful, Essie! These might be my favorites so far ๐Ÿ™‚ You know me, I revel in pattern and color…
    What, pray tell, is the material that they are made of? Is this fabric? Is it hand painted? How DO YOU find these
    one of a kind signature booties???? ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Esnecca
    on

It it is fabric — wool — but a print, not hand-painted. I’m not sure you can tell from the picture, but there is the lightest smattering of glitter in the bits that look like white dots. It makes them extra snazzy. I’m so glad you like them. They’re one of my favorite pairs too. ๐Ÿ™‚

I can’t remember where I bought them, I’m sorry to say. They were part of my post-TG sales extravaganza and there were many, many stores involved. ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Flick
    on

Can’t wait to officially join this group. The first photo I will send is of my lovely new kimchi crock which arrived today! End of March my best friend and I are off to Sydney shopping and gallery attending for a few days. With luck I’ll have some lovely new well fitting clothes to send photos of.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

I too am looking forward to seeing Flick and Sunny on this thread!
    Glad you have the new Lappy, Allie. It doesnโ€™t have to be an iPhone. Any kind of smartphone will do and cheaper! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Esnecca – as always, you rock your new kit. The boots are just wonderful! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ. Inspired by your 7 day fast post, Iโ€™ve just ordered and received The Complete Fasting – Jason Fung book. Also congrats on the house purchase. No stopping you now! ๐ŸŽถ The futureโ€™s so bright, Iโ€™ve (youโ€™ve) gotta wear shades!๐ŸŽถ !!

A good Friday to you all xxx

• posted by JackieM
    on

Today I bought a gorgeous massive loose knit jumper. Iโ€™ve always wanted to be a thin girl in a big jumper ๐Ÿ˜„ tried to photograph it but too dark here. Maybe tomorrow

• posted by Flick
    on

Hey Jackie – lovely jumper and skinny pinny legs!

• posted by Joes Nonna
    on

JackieM, what lovely slender legs! I love jumpers like that one…it looks so stylish on you!

Nonna Mary
    xxxx

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Ooh, I love a cosy cableknit! That looks great, Jackie, like you’re ready to snuggle down with a good book, a mug of hot cocoa and a Borzoi at your feet in a ski chalet. I second Flick and Mary. Your legs look killer. In fact, I think you should go all in and wear a pair of skin-tight leggings to show off your slim pins even more. ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.