Pancake Disaster!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JCH187
    on

I decided to have brunch today and cook some coconut flour pancakes. Now I’m not much of a cook, my brother is a chef but the cooking genes seem to have skipped me completely!

I followed the recipe (I found online) but the mixture looked like wallpaper paste rather than batter 😂 It was a disaster, I added water but it just didn’t look right and they fell apart when I tried to turn them!!

Burnt my fingers and pancakes in the bin!

Anyone got any advice on a simple to make pancake recipe?

• posted by GonnaBeDazzling
    on

Hello JCH187

You might like to try Malkay’s Pancake, posted in March. It isn’t in the recipe section, but I found the original post in the “What have you eaten today” thread.

It makes quite a thick pancake, but you could probably add a little milk if you want it runnier. Malkay says ‘flaxseed’ but I use milled flaxseed – available from Tesco & Sainsbury’s now, not just in health food shops. You can try other fruits – Hashimoto had hers with strawberries, I have tried Kiwi fruit and I am going for Raspberries next time.

Malkay wrote:
    “There is a bit of a knack to making the pancake – perfected after lots of trial and error! It works best in a non-stick pan lightly greased. Whisk two eggs with a dessertspoon of yogurt and about the same of flaxseed. Put into a hot pan, swirl it round, and when it starts to rise a bit (a couple of minutes), slide it out onto a plate, then flip it over back into the pan for a few seconds. Then spread with whatever topping you fancy – yogurt and blueberries is great. Delicious, and very satisfying.”

Hope this works for you!

• posted by JCH187
    on

What would you do about the honey? Just miss it out or replace it with something?

• posted by Izzy
    on

I usually just substitute some granulated sweetner.

Please log in or register to post a reply.